over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Prophylaxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I'd challenge you to think about what this is compared to the entire corpus of research literature. It seems like the proportion she found was around 1.5%. I bet this drops as you get up into the high tier journals that also might require publication of data.

I'm not saying this isn't an issue, it's just that it seems to be painting research in a really negative light.

As I mentioned before, you can't throw all research out just because of some bad actors.

Actually it was 3.8% of 20,621 or ~783.6 individual intentionally manipulated literature's (see citation) she sifted through. Not a brobdingnagian amount by a long shot, enough to raise one's eyebrow to question the intentions of manipulating studies.

Contrary to your belief, I'm not clumping together that all researchers are bullshit artists. It's the assertive comment that you made, due to you're not aware of anyone pulling shady shit to disseminate quantitative verbage, reinforced statistical p-values, thus stronger evidence of outcomes to enhance their financial support.

Despite the interrelationship(s) that you're aware of, it's obviously apparent there's unscrupulous manipulation of some literature.

I reckon the peer-reviewed calibers of likes by that of: AAAS, Nature, Cell Press, BMC, Hindawi and Elsevier amongst several others aren't of top tier journals, as you so put it.

Not sure if you all have seen this but I went to high school with this girl, Amanda. She has been on the today show, good morning america, etc. Pretty young and her husband contracted COVID and just had to have his leg removed. There will always be outliers this does affect those most vulnerable, etc. but youngsters are not invincible:

Not sure if you all have seen this but I went to high school with this girl, Amanda. She has been on the today show, good morning america, etc. Pretty young and her husband contracted COVID and just had to have his leg removed. There will always be outliers this does affect those most vulnerable, etc. but youngsters are not invincible:

Yeah, I posted that up. The blood clotting is happening more than we hear about. They don't know the mechanism behind it. People are mostly getting clots in limbs, but there have also been strokes and heart attacks like what I had.

This affects young people too, like this actor. These clots can cause serious permanent damage or death.

I'm taking Coumadin so I don't feel too threatened from it.

The whole idea of 'slowing the spread' is ridiculous as is starting to show in the initial antibody studies - one study in California and another in the midwest both had similar findings, that 50-80 times MORE people have been infected with coronavirus than we know about. This thing is likely way more widespread than we realize, way less lethal than the medical / scientific community portrays it to be, and way more people have recovered or never even became symptomatic at all.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/antibody-...avirus-may-far-more-widespread-155200568.html

More data supporting this was released today - New York did coronavirus antibody tests on 3,000 state residents and found 13.9% had them. In New York City, it's 21%. This projects out to 2.4 million residents of New York state being infected - while they currently report only 257,000 confirmed infections.

https://news.yahoo.com/health-official-1-million-nyc-152231994.html

More data supporting this was released today - New York did coronavirus antibody tests on 3,000 state residents and found 13.9% had them. In New York City, it's 21%. This projects out to 2.4 million residents of New York state being infected - while they currently report only 257,000 confirmed infections.

https://news.yahoo.com/health-official-1-million-nyc-152231994.html
Well, that's good news for the future. Hopefully the government will base their future decisions on that. Going into this we didn't know that would be the case.

Vaccine may be ready by September!

India being really aggressive.

"Some groups have found other ways to shorten the process. The Serum Institute of India is preparing 40 million units of the vaccine being used in the Oxford trial despite not knowing whether it will work, Business Insider's Bill Bostock reported."

CORONAVIRUS LIVE UPDATES 1 hour ago

Remdesivir tested to lower recovery time from 15 days down to 11 days. P value of .001. So there is only a .1% chance that the null hypothesis is true. That means the chance is only 1/10% that the drug does nothing. The study used a placebo as control.

Impressive test. Dr. Fauci just presented that on tv.

Remdesivir tested to lower recovery time from 15 days down to 11 days. P value of .001. So there is only a .1% chance that the null hypothesis is true. That means the chance is only 1/10% that the drug does nothing. The study used a placebo as control.

Also consider this study was on patients already hospitalized. I would hypothesize based on the mechanism of action that it would show even better results if given to patients earlier in the process. Thats the key to most anti-virals.

You mena that fauci didn’t slam it and come up with a bunch of negative stuff to say? That is surprising. I know it is his job to be cautious but man I hate listening to the guy or reading anything from him because it is almost always bad news.

You mena that fauci didn’t slam it and come up with a bunch of negative stuff to say? That is surprising. I know it is his job to be cautious but man I hate listening to the guy or reading anything from him because it is almost always bad news.

Sure seems like he's just another talking head on the payroll.... pushing an agenda.

I'd be curious to know what Stewie and Rex now think overall about this 'pandemic' as the data continues to evolve

Well, up to now there haven't been any studies on it that were controlled like this on a large scale. There were about 1000 patients and the p value was significant at .001.

A reporter asked him about another study that showed the drug wasn't effective at all and he knocked that one down because it wasn't controlled, no placebo, and the sample size was really small. I don't know what the p value was on that, but he said it was a lousy study. He was really impressed with this new study that showed days to recuperate dropping from 15 to 11. He even said that the felt it could be even more effective if given earlier, like muscle96ss said.

The administration is moving fast! FDA is approving remdesivir as early as today!

**broken link removed**

The administration is moving fast! FDA is approving remdesivir as early as today!

**broken link removed**

As soon as Trump mentions how great it is, it will get blasted by the media like HCQ.

As soon as Trump mentions how great it is, it will get blasted by the media like HCQ.

No it won't bc there wasn't any strong data on HCQ. The issue was that he was jumping the gun on a treatment where the evidence hadn't fully come in yet.

Some people "blast" this guy bc of the inane things he says. I mean come on, saying what he said about disinfectant?

No it won't bc there wasn't any strong data on HCQ. Read the stories that maldorf posted. The issue was that he was jumping the gun on a treatment where the evidence hadn't fully come in yet.

Some people "blast" this guy bc of the inane things he says. I mean come on, saying what he said about disinfectant?

Whats wrong with drinking bleach and injecting disinfectant?

Whats wrong with drinking bleach and injecting disinfectant?

Lol, probably better than some of the things we put in our body!

Actually, true story, I had a roommate many years ago, and his nickname was "squeak" because he accidentally drank bleach when he was younger, and it messed up his vocal cords permanently.

No it won't bc there wasn't any strong data on HCQ. The issue was that he was jumping the gun on a treatment where the evidence hadn't fully come in yet.

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a political discussion, so I won't go into those aspects. But regarding HCQ, what would be the definition of strong data? I mean, you have a drug that has been thoroughly tested to be safe in humans and has shown promise in covid-19 patients. Obviously it couldn't have been tested in covid-19 patients until now. So, knowing that it is safe, do you wait until testing is done or do you try to save live's now? I thought every life matters and thats why we are going to extremes with the shutdown. So, why not try a safe med that is proven safe with good results? Suppose it only saves 10% of the deaths; that would be roughly 5000 so far. I don't get it, why would anyone be against that, unless they had some other agenda? The current media narrative is that not only does it not work but that it is dangerous. I don't know how feel about that, but it angers me because not only is it not honest, but it is intentional.

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a political discussion, so I won't go into those aspects. But regarding HCQ, what would be the definition of strong data? I mean, you have a drug that has been thoroughly tested to be safe in humans and has shown promise in covid-19 patients. Obviously it couldn't have been tested in covid-19 patients until now. So, knowing that it is safe, do you wait until testing is done or do you try to save live's now? I thought every life matters and thats why we are going to extremes with the shutdown. So, why not try a safe med that is proven safe with good results? Suppose it only saves 10% of the deaths; that would be roughly 5000 so far. I don't get it, why would anyone be against that, unless they had some other agenda? The current media narrative is that not only does it not work but that it is dangerous. I don't know how feel about that, but it angers me because not only is it not honest, but it is intentional.

Its been thoroughly tested and is "safe"? I thought it was linked to increased deaths one adverse cardiac events (arrhythmias) recently?

I immediately regretted making it political so thanks for not going in that direction.

Well, as Maldorf has said: a trial with a control group. Without one there is no way to know whether any type of benefit would have been seen from no treatment at all (i.e., people would have just naturally gotten better anyways). Also, although I don't know much about the drug, it appears that it isn't entirely safe. Thus, the risk vs. rewards need to be balanced here if it is going to be used widespread.

I agree that the media isn't always unbiased but that's why we can fall back on science. Now who interprets science potentially remains the issue.

Its been thoroughly tested and is "safe"? I thought it was linked to increased deaths one adverse cardiac events (arrhythmias) recently?

Yes, so there is increased risk if taken without supervision. We know that this has already happened due to increased coverage of it as a "miracle cure."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenja
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner