over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Prophylaxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Fauci is not just a theorist, but a lifelong physician. He's been in medicine longer than those 2 have been on earth. Ill listen to what Fauci has to say any day.

The problem with Dr. Fauci is that he falls into the category that many other brilliant doctors fall into. While they are extremely intelligent, they live in the science bubble to the extreme that they lack real world common sense and the ability to see the full picture past just the science.

You have proved my point exactly! You have a virus that has been deemed so deadly that we have shut down the entire country as a result. We have a drug that has been used for 75 years in millions of people with a squeaky clean safety record. But even though it could possibly save your life, you are scared to death to use it, because the media has vilified it(in the same manner that Judge Kavanaugh became a serial rapist overnight); for political reasons simply because they can't stand our president. And to the point where a person, who appears well educated and intelligent, doesn't even understand my train of thought.

How could it possibly save my life? Show me the evidence! That's all I'm highlighting here. You've done nothing but lead with your opinions and beliefs without providing real evidence. Opinions and beliefs are fine but a lot of people believe in goblins and ghouls (i.e., crazy stuff) so these should be avoided in issues of strong importance.

If you can provide real evidence for what you're arguing I'll continue engaging, otherwise I'm going to keep responding to other things in this thread which are more interesting.

Also, you've decided to go political which is disappointing bc I thought we agreed that it doesn't add much to these exchanges.

The problem with Dr. Fauci is that he falls into the category that many other brilliant doctors fall into. While they are extremely intelligent, they live in the science bubble to the extreme that they lack real world common sense and the ability to see the full picture past just the science.
Do you think he's been in the position he's in now forever? He has plenty of experience in the lower ranks out in hospitals. He's not just some figure head sitting at the helm, he has practical experience and has done i
So you're ignoring the recent posts were they now are reconsidering their decision?
Its still approved today as far as I know.

Is it safe to say some people don’t really like this fauci fellow because he is pro quarantine and they are not and most importantly he has the pull so that are lives are affected by his views? If I am honest that would probably describe me. I am sure if I knew this man personally I would probably like him. And if he was just some guy who wanted to stay locked down I would be ok with it. But since his views are contradictory to mine and his views have power over my life I am prone to not like the guy.

Now obviously he knows tons more about diseases so it is not that I think I am right and he is wrong. It extends more to risk. I would rather have more conservative people like this guy in charge than me. BUT those in charge need to do a MUCH better job at helping people than they are doing now with the stimulus, unemployment and small business loan fiascos. For every person that has their check or who has unemployment or who is getting the extra 600 there are quite a few who have none of that. And the payroll protection loans are same thing. Great ideas, heart hopefully in right place, but terrible execution. Understandable considering how rushed things were. But unacceptable for it to be like this next time.

I think that once the paths are set up for economic aid that if this happens again we will be ready. I compare it to when I was teaching. If I created a new lesson plan and used a lab for the first time I usually found that things were rough 1st period, but after using the plan on several classes it became much more effective and polished. If it was good then I would use it the next year. If I could never get it to work right then I would toss it and forget about it.

Dr. Fauci is not just a theorist, but a lifelong physician. He's been in medicine longer than those 2 have been on earth. Ill listen to what Fauci has to say any day.

Dr Fauci is an academic and hasn't seen a patient in decades. Ask any doctor and they dismiss these theorist is all practical cases. Open the country and you and the other fear mongers can stay in hiding, protect the weak and fearful and the rest can carry the country. To have peoples rights trampled with clear evidence to the contrary is criminal.

Dr Fauci is an academic and hasn't seen a patient in decades. Ask any doctor and they dismiss these theorist is all practical cases. Open the country and you and the other fear mongers can stay in hiding, protect the weak and fearful and the rest can carry the country. To have peoples rights trampled with clear evidence to the contrary is criminal.
Boy, talk about someone that thinks in simple black and white! You have no idea how I feel about the situation. You must not have read most of my posts in the past 2 weeks.

Did any of you actually watch the video? This isn't about who is right or wrong, but solid facts that are public knowledge showing this continued lockdown is wrong and even dangerous

Did any of you actually watch the video? This isn't about who is right or wrong, but solid facts that are public knowledge showing this continued lockdown is wrong and even dangerous
I'm not going to sit and watch 2 unknown guys talk for an hour. I've educated myself enough on it already. Nowhere have I endorsed continuing a lock down anyhow. I don't know where the heck you got that from.

Yes maldorff I agree on that. I’m crisis or short notice you do the best you can and try to learn and I think those in charge will. Easy to play armchair qb on this and nothing is going to make everyone 100% happy. I complain a lot about stuff and yet my life is wayyyyyy better than it should be. Nothing surprises me more than how well people treat me. I have no idea why some stuff happens to me the way it does. I often find myself saying why me, but not because things are so bad I don’t understand why things are really good in general. And yet, I still complain about things. Man if I got what I deserved or what was fair my life would be a lot worse than it is now.

Boy, talk about someone that thinks in simple black and white! You have no idea how I feel about the situation. You must not have read most of my posts in the past 2 weeks.

Yup you have heart problems, your at risk, your entitled to live in your bubble world and protect yourself for as long as you want. I too am an at risk person, I live off facts and practical knowledge that I don't need our governor telling me how to live my life when facts are telling otherwise.
I don't live in bumblefuck USA, and am in a high risk area here (NJ) and I still feel this way.

I'm not going to sit and watch 2 unknown guys talk for an hour. I've educated myself enough on it already. Nowhere have I endorsed continuing a lock down anyhow. I don't know where the heck you got that from.

Then if you don't want to watch it, why are you commenting on it? What do you think you are the man of all opinions? Yeah move on then and don't comment on my post.

Then if you don't want to watch it, why are you commenting on it? What do you think you are the man of all opinions? Yeah move on then and don't comment on my post.
I never commented on your video. All I said was that your saying basically that Fauci doesn't know what he's talking about is wrong.

You've got a lot of pent up anger there and seem to want to take it out on me. I really don't feel like spending more time on this and explaining what I think. Whatever I say you'll paint in a different light anyhow. I've never had anything against you, but you seem to have something against me now. Let's just let it be.

I watched it and the one ER doctor, not immunologist or scientist, he said..."we didn't know this two months ago." Referring to all the data that has been compiled. Restrictions are starting to lift, slowly but that's because people in charge of making those decisions are the ones that will be held responsible for those decisions. You have no responsibility in any of this so it's easy to sit back and say do this and that. Do whatever YOU want. IBeing in charge of things is a whole other level of responsibility.

As for Dr. Fauci, it's not his job to come up with solutions for anything other than the science part of it. He's doing his part and relaying information as it's made available. If you want your local, state or federal politicians to do something other than what is suggested, then relay your feelings to them but don't blame the scientists. Again, those in charge are the ones who will be held responsible for the decisions, not you.

Also, not directed at you upeccmi, no more conspiracy stuff in any COVID threads! I made that clear a while back but some of you keep pushing. Bans will be handed out!!

Last edited:
Do you think he's been in the position he's in now forever? He has plenty of experience in the lower ranks out in hospitals. He's not just some figure head sitting at the helm, he has practical experience and has done i

Its still approved today as far as I know.

Experience and taking into account common sense life smarts in the real world are two completely different things(also nobody has previous experience with covid-19 obviously). Let me give you an example. Part of the complete hell I went through the past 3 years was because the brilliant experienced doctors at Mayo Clinic were also in this science bubble(and lacked basic communication skills as well).

At one point they needed to put pic line in my left arm for IV antibiotics. They couldn't use my right because I had my fistula there and had to put it in the large vein in the middle of my left biceps. They explained that I needed to be real careful because if it were to start to come out that would be problematic. I begged them to let me use my chest catheter instead because I knew that it would come out based on simply common sense. You see my biceps are much larger than a normal patient they are used to treating. So take your arm and hold it straight out in front of you and take the circumference in the middle(which is where the pic line comes out of the skin). Now bend your elbow to 90 degrees and measure again. You will see the circumference increases a few inches(unless your small). So when they then fixate the line with the dressing they use, the only place it can move from is the hole. So every time you bend your arm in normally daily activity it is going to come further and further out of the whole.

So after about a week it was too far out and the 30 minute twice daily IV was taking me 90 minutes(3 hours total per day) and my dialysis pressures were too high because the location that the line had moved to was interfering; basically putting me at risk. So I ended up having to go back and meeting with them and the solution they came up was that I would just use my chest catheter for the IV antibiotics. And this is exactly what I told them was going to happen in the beginning with the exact solution I suggested.

But these brilliant, experienced, experts were too busy having their little conference and discussing the science that they didn't pay attention to a word I was saying because they couldn't look forward to common sense.

Dr. Fauci means well, but he has been wrong on a lot of things. Either he is not such an expert or there are other factors besides just the science that need to be taken into account.

How could it possibly save my life? Show me the evidence! That's all I'm highlighting here. You've done nothing but lead with your opinions and beliefs without providing real evidence. Opinions and beliefs are fine but a lot of people believe in goblins and ghouls (i.e., crazy stuff) so these should be avoided in issues of strong importance.

If you can provide real evidence for what you're arguing I'll continue engaging, otherwise I'm going to keep responding to other things in this thread which are more interesting.

Also, you've decided to go political which is disappointing bc I thought we agreed that it doesn't add much to these exchanges.

It acts as an anti-viral; simply look at the science behind its mechanism of action:

**broken link removed**

Do you honestly think that a generic, low cost pharmaceutical was approved by the FDA for use in covid-19 without any scientific evidence to suggest that it may be effective? Do you think it is some conspiracy theory to market a useless and dangerous drug and trick people into thinking the complete opposite?

On a side note, I actually looked into the science behind it when it was first mentioned on this board back in early March by a member in the pharma industry. This was prior to the president ever mentioning it or any of the media hoopla.

I believe as restrictions lessen we WILL see a resurgence of (+) cases. How agressively states deal with these new cases through contact tracing can make a big difference. MY concern is do states have their state health departments up to the task and how much more can they expect their heathcare workforce to take/give?

Sweden has sacrified it's elderly for the sake of herd immunity. Look at the infection rates in other countries around Sweden and you see the future for the US as we relax restrictions similar to Sweden.

I believe as restrictions lessen we WILL see a resurgence of (+) cases. How agressively states deal with these new cases through contact tracing can make a big difference. MY concern is do states have their state health departments up to the task and how much more can they expect their heathcare workforce to take/give?

Sweden has sacrified it's elderly for the sake of herd immunity. Look at the infection rates in other countries around Sweden and you see the future for the US as we relax restrictions similar to Sweden.
The death rate per capita is indeed high now. When this is all over we will see if Sweden was successful. Right now it doesn't look good as far as death per capita. Comparing economic damage will be very interesting indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member