mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oh man, your thought? (GENERAL COVID THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they do anything to help the businesses that were closed or help the people who couldn't work, curious? If not, what are the economic ramifications you are seeing now in the aftermath there?

Aust government had a program called 'jobkeeper', if the business they worked for had a decline in turnover of a certain amount they would pay them to pay their employees. Started out at $700/week, at the moment it is $500/week and its expected to phase out in march.

Is anything like that being done over there?

It is especially tragic when the governor of your state puts covid-19 patients into nursing homes for care.
I don't see the logic there. Terrible idea. Putting already sick people with some of the most vulnerable. Did the governor give a reason? Were your hospitals at max capacity?

Aust government had a program called 'jobkeeper', if the business they worked for had a decline in turnover of a certain amount they would pay them to pay their employees. Started out at $700/week, at the moment it is $500/week and its expected to phase out in march.

Back in March, they added up to $600 per week in unemployment but there were a ton of delays in my state and a ton of exclusions. People also got up to $1200 for adults and $600 for each child depending on how much income you had the prior year reported on your taxes. They also offered a program called for businesses to give them loans that didn't have to be repaid if they rehired all their employees; but again a lot of small businesses were denied and there were a million loopholes where people got nothing or far less than they should. Currently restrictions and lockdowns have started again, but they are doing nothing for the businesses, workers, or anybody. They have been talking about more stimulus and programs since September but our Congress is too divided and can't accomplish shit.

I don't see the logic there. Terrible idea. Putting already sick people with some of the most vulnerable. Did the governor give a reason? Were your hospitals at max capacity?

No, he got an emmy award instead for doing such a great job, lol.

We have a large number of people that just outright deny it is true. It is a strange phenomenon, I've honestly never seen this level of mass cognitive dissonance/denial in my lifetime and we may never see it again. I hope at least we can return to rationality and reasonableness soon.

It is a huge deal we just have a ton of dumbasses in our country that have made this into a horrible situation for all of us stuck with them. You see fights and arguments daily now at a rate I've never witnessed. Today I saw a man screaming at a lady who had called him out for not wearing a mask. I've seen that scenario at least a dozen times.

Meanwhile we had the start of possibly the greatest civil rights movement in the history of the USA (BLM) which was subverted by white supremacist groups and a super controversial election on top of it all. It was the "perfect storm" for turmoil and misinformation to spread. And the virus is eating us up and spitting us out.

Did the lady calling him out accomplish anything? Did she increase precieved safety she feels she needed or did she just cause a conflict and more division? Rhetoric like calling people "dumbasses" for not agreeing with you (not even going to address the last paragraph) is exactly why this has become political issue.

How many times have I seen a rich governor or political who hasn't lost a dime get on the radio or TV and scold the citizens like children. If they "believe in science" like they say, they would also believe in basic psychology and realize the way they talk down to people is actually creating more resistance. The ones asking others for unity are the ones creating division with their words.

Just today gyms closed in PA and people were told if they travel out of state they need to quarantine when they return. So if someone works across state line they have to quit their job, or they can't see family or buy groceries? I except a large scale protest in Harrisburg again soon.

It wasn't my governor. It was Andrew Cuomo, governor of New York. That was early on in the spring. I think the families may get together and do a class action suit.

More than 6400 deaths in those rest homes after that.

Did the lady calling him out accomplish anything? Did she increase precieved safety she feels she needed or did she just cause a conflict and more division? Rhetoric like calling people "dumbasses" for not agreeing with you (not even going to address the last paragraph) is exactly why this has become political issue.

How many times have I seen a rich governor or political who hasn't lost a dime get on the radio or TV and scold the citizens like children. If they "believe in science" like they say, they would also believe in basic psychology and realize the way they talk down to people is actually creating more resistance. The ones asking others for unity are the ones creating division with their words.

Just today gyms closed in PA and people were told if they travel out of state they need to quarantine when they return. So if someone works across state line they have to quit their job, or they can't see family or buy groceries? I except a large scale protest in Harrisburg again soon.
Serious and honest question: what would lessen the conflict and division at this point in your opinion?

It wasn't my governor. It was Andrew Cuomo, governor of New York. That was early on in the spring. I think the families may get together and do a class action suit.

More than 6400 deaths in those rest homes after that.
Not defending him, but i think hospital beds were at max capacity during that period. There probably weren't many good options, not that that one was much better. I think there was even a Covid unit operating on a docked ship at one point.

Not defending him, but i think hospital beds were at max capacity during that period. There probably weren't many good options, not that that one was much better. I think there was even a Covid unit operating on a docked ship at one point.

I am from NYC and know exactly what went on there. Hospitals were never at max capacity, only certain neighborhoods came close but there were thousands of available beds in the city. On top of that, Trump sent the enormous hospital ship and had the Javod Javits convention center converted to a hospital. Again thousands of available beds that Cuomo asked for and they were never used. This is 100% fact.

Samaritan’s Purse set up a field hospital in Central Park with hundreds of beds, again they were never used. Do you know what happened? They were kicked out and sent away because Samaritan’s Purse is a religious organization and the local progressive assholes said they were “supposedly” anti LGBTQ they didn’t belong in NYC lolllll. Fact.

Part of the reason I just don’t give a fuck anymore, this has been politicized to the fullest extent. Cuomo is an epic piece of trash.
Look up Janice Dean, weather reporter now turned activist. She lost both her in laws in nursing homes because of Cuomo, and the numbers of deaths is over 10,000 because of his nursing home policy.

And he has the balls to talk about how good a job he did? He put those people directly in harms way, the most vulnerable among us, the elderly. Fuck him

Serious and honest question: what would lessen the conflict and division at this point in your opinion?

Honestly, nothing. Only if the old normal is resumed. But if the virus is still here, the fear crowd would not accept that, so that wouldn't lessen the divide just appease the side that is against all these changes. So in my opinion, it can only get worse so I guess the best strategy for anyone who truly does want unity would be to try and keep it where it is at. When airlines say people wont be able to fly without the vaccine, etc, that is only making people more angry and resistant and the divide greater. More restrictions = more perceived safety for one side = a greater divide though.

As to the vaccine I just read this on BBC (hardly an anti-vax site). Not sure how a vaccine would make HIV antibodies appear, I guess for their sake it is good it appears they didn't actually get HIV (maybe someone here who knows about this stuff can explain it). But stuff like this will scare some people on the fence...

The division is created by the politicians and the media. If we had true journalism where the media reported the facts irregardless of the politics and people felt they could trust what they were hearing; things would be totally different.

Also right now people are being taught that the other side is just plain evil. For instance, a politician can get caught hugging another politician of the opposite party after a hearing because they are friends and she thought it was well run; and she is forced to step down from her position as a result. We no longer treat one another as human beings if we disagree with them. We need our leaders and the media to teach us to be tolerant of one another and actually have discussions as opposed to just labeling people and dismissing their opinion as a result.

I am from NYC and know exactly what went on there. Hospitals were never at max capacity, only certain neighborhoods came close but there were thousands of available beds in the city. On top of that, Trump sent the enormous hospital ship and had the Javod Javits convention center converted to a hospital. Again thousands of available beds that Cuomo asked for and they were never used. This is 100% fact.

Samaritan’s Purse set up a field hospital in Central Park with hundreds of beds, again they were never used. Do you know what happened? They were kicked out and sent away because Samaritan’s Purse is a religious organization and the local progressive assholes said they were “supposedly” anti LGBTQ they didn’t belong in NYC lolllll. Fact.

Part of the reason I just don’t give a fuck anymore, this has been politicized to the fullest extent. Cuomo is an epic piece of trash.
Look up Janice Dean, weather reporter now turned activist. She lost both her in laws in nursing homes because of Cuomo, and the numbers of deaths is over 10,000 because of his nursing home policy.

And he has the balls to talk about how good a job he did? He put those people directly in harms way, the most vulnerable among us, the elderly. Fuck him
I didn't think anybody could do something as stupid as putting covid-19 patients into rest homes. That's the last place you want them. I hope the families sue him good. Sad thing, he's probably not personally liable and the taxpayers will have to pay.

Such a stupid man.

That is awesome that your country is doing that. I think if they tell you to stay home, they should help the people. Unfortunately that is going on in some countries. Here in Romania, they don't get any help at all. Imagine someone telling you not to work and you not having money to feed yourself. Romania has a lot of poor people to begin with. Look at stats for starvation in the world, it far exceeds this virus. Imagine your job, business or how you make money to survive is now gone. This is why lots of Romanians are fed of with this virus. Not that are not wanting to take certain precautions. They look at it, I rather take chances with a virus I am more likely to recover with, then having no income at all. This is why people are fed up in many countries. I wish these countries would help like your country. We haven't even begin to see the ramifications of economies yet through this. It might far out see this virus, who knows? I just know many countries handling this process are not doing it right. I would stop blaming the people as much as who is in charge of running the country.

That is awesome that your country is doing that. I think if they tell you to stay home, they should help the people. Unfortunately that is going on in some countries. Here in Romania, they don't get any help at all. Imagine someone telling you not to work and you not having money to feed yourself. Romania has a lot of poor people to begin with. Look at stats for starvation in the world, it far exceeds this virus. Imagine your job, business or how you make money to survive is now gone. This is why lots of Romanians are fed of with this virus. Not that are not wanting to take certain precautions. They look at it, I rather take chances with a virus I am more likely to recover with, then having no income at all. This is why people are fed up in many countries. I wish these countries would help like your country. We haven't even begin to see the ramifications of economies yet through this. It might far out see this virus, who knows? I just know many countries handling this process are not doing it right. I would stop blaming the people as much as who is in charge of running the country.
Excellent post. I'm hoping very strongly that this pandemic reveals some MAJOR problems we have across the globe with wealth inequality and we work over future generations to solve some of those problems. It is obvious to me already that our system is broken and things will only get worse on our trajectory. The mentality we have here in the USA that is in play is a "I get mine and fuck you" mentality - which has obviously led to our society basically collapsing apart. I hope that upon reflection we can understand there are some very serious problems in our country and our world that far exceed this pandemic and work to solve them. Its not going to happen very quickly though, unfortunately, given the way we have developed.

I agree, I copied that off a site I follow and who are pretty NON POLITICAL. I personally think by April/May things should be opening up big time. As long as the death rate is low, we need to open. Case rate doesn't mean crap in my opinion. J&J vaccine form what I have read has way more doses as they gambled big time to product a lot before its approved. J&J have more $$ then GOD

You bring up a good point. Something that people don't realize is that the "cycle count" or Ct that is used can make a huge difference on whether the test is positive or negative. This article will help explain that. But here in AZ the case numbers are exploding, but they don't tell you that they increased the cycle count from 35 to 40. So the data can be very misleading if they don't do full disclosure. And Florida is currently the only state that mandates that all positive case data are to include cycle counts. So basically the numbers lose meaning without that info and it is hard to compare data between states as well.

**broken link removed**

I agree, I copied that off a site I follow and who are pretty NON POLITICAL. I personally think by April/May things should be opening up big time. As long as the death rate is low, we need to open. Case rate doesn't mean crap in my opinion. J&J vaccine form what I have read has way more doses as they gambled big time to product a lot before its approved. J&J have more $$ then GOD
I hope so. Not to sound like a piece of shit complaining about my life (because I really do have it made compared to the average joe) but I really do miss going out for live music. Would be nice to think some outdoor shows could be possible this summer.

You bring up a good point. Something that people don't realize is that the "cycle count" or Ct that is used can make a huge difference on whether the test is positive or negative. This article will help explain that. But here in AZ the case numbers are exploding, but they don't tell you that they increased the cycle count from 35 to 40. So the data can be very misleading if they don't do full disclosure. And Florida is currently the only state that mandates that all positive case data are to include cycle counts. So basically the numbers lose meaning without that info and it is hard to compare data between states as well.

**broken link removed**

PCR is not a true accurate test as it could pull the smallest amount = positive. Also, remember when they says cases....they don't say active cases, those cases are since day one. How many of those people are fine now?

You know why there are so many conflicting tests? Because after you jam that thing up one side of your nose, you say not doing that again, and go shallow on the other side. Positive nostril one and negative nostril two haha!😂😂😂

PCR is not a true accurate test as it could pull the smallest amount = positive. Also, remember when they says cases....they don't say active cases, those cases are since day one. How many of those people are fine now?

Correct, but how much mainstream media coverage has this received?

Ironically, as seen here, those who objectively cite science are effectively accused of being 'anti-science', and having 'cognitive dissonance', by phony virtue signallers.

There is Machiavellian bullshit surrounding Covid at every turn, from the dictatorial World Economic Forum and UN effectively weaponizing Covid to implement their agendas, to propaganda encouraging cloth masks/muzzling.

RCT on surgical masks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member