advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oh man, your thought? (GENERAL COVID THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's impressive as androgens are supposed to suppress immune function.

Yeah, I had heard that when all this covid stuff first popped off so it was definitely on my mind. And knowing that, once my girlfriend tested positive and I was certain I’d be next I was just like, well, here we go.

Which may not be a bad thing in certain contexts. Many AAS suppress IL-6, which could be a real benefit if you were to contract Covid.

My girlfriend is an RN at a long term care/physical rehabilitation/vent trach/hospice facility and she ended up catching it at work and testing positive after they had an outbreak even though she was gowned, gloved, N95 masked, goggled and face masked everyday in the parking lot before entering the building.

The strange thing is, she managed to catch it despite all those precautions and many many more they have in place at the facility, and yet, I never ended up catching it from her. Once we knew she was positive we figured I had already been thoroughly exposed through her and probably had it so there was no need for us to quarantine from each other or divert from our normal routine whatsoever. But I never got it. We kept sleeping in the same bed, kissing daily, sharing the same oral thermometer and even had sex and I never got sick. My employer made me get 2 tests 10 days apart before they’d let me come back to work and both came back negative.

I only got tested for the virus though, not the antibodies. So really there’s only two possibilities of what happened. Either I caught it before her and was a-symptomatic and never knew it so I had the antibodies to fight it off when she caught it and exposed me. But if that’s the case then why didn’t I give it to her if I had it before her? Or... the other possibility is that she was my first exposure to it but my immune system managed to fight it off.

Could it also be possible you had an asymptomatic case and gave it to her and were negative by the time you tested?

for those who believe none of the portrayal of the pandemic is deception, what do you believe is the explanation for the false positives and what happened with Elon musk? surely if they can develop a vaccine that cures this virus, they should also have a somewhat accurate way to test if this virus is present? has there ever been a virus in the past where the medical community is so poor at saying if someone has it or not? see Elon musk, athletes testing positive, then negative, the lack of transmission when it should certainly happen, etc? is this the case for flu, hiv, or any other virus, even when they just developed testing? I believe china says if you test positive, but don't have symptoms, you do not need to quarantine and are not considered positive (I read this once when just reading forums for leisure, but didn't care to check the source)

Could it also be possible you had an asymptomatic case and gave it to her and were negative by the time you tested?

I mean anything’s possible. I think that’s probably unlikely though. I got tested the first time less than a week after she started feeling sick. If I was the one that gave it to her I more than likely would have passed it on shortly after I contracted it myself. So I think I would’ve still been within the window that would’ve resulted in a positive test when I had the first one done.

Yes, pretty sure the infection rate is higher on men than women.

for those who believe none of the portrayal of the pandemic is deception, what do you believe is the explanation for the false positives and what happened with Elon musk? surely if they can develop a vaccine that cures this virus, they should also have a somewhat accurate way to test if this virus is present? has there ever been a virus in the past where the medical community is so poor at saying if someone has it or not? see Elon musk, athletes testing positive, then negative, the lack of transmission when it should certainly happen, etc? is this the case for flu, hiv, or any other virus, even when they just developed testing? I believe china says if you test positive, but don't have symptoms, you do not need to quarantine and are not considered positive (I read this once when just reading forums for leisure, but didn't care to check the source)

This require a basic understanding of the sensitivity and specificity of a diagnostic exam and the difference between them. The explanation has to do with those. The rapid antigen tests are not 100% sensitive or specific. The numbers for each rapid exam are available online and were included in the FDA statements at the time.

Many of the results are pooled results which are further tested via PCR if the pool comes back positive. PCR is the gold standard for covid testing which is why if there is a question as to if the rapid antigen test was a false positive then PCR is confirmatory...so yes they do have an accurate test and its called PCR. The issue with the perceived " accuracy" of PCR is not inherent to the PCR itself but in the sample collection process and timing of the collection ( days post infection)

I mean anything’s possible. I think that’s probably unlikely though. I got tested the first time less than a week after she started feeling sick. If I was the one that gave it to her I more than likely would have passed it on shortly after I contracted it myself. So I think I would’ve still been within the window that would’ve resulted in a positive test when I had the first one done.

Donate blood and most do a covid antibody test for free along with the donation. Or u can get one from quest for 100bucks if your curious.

This happened to a friend of mine. His wife got sick and he went to get tested and see if he was positive the next day. He ordered the wrong test and had a blood antibody test done and it showed he already had high IGG levels so he clearly had it before she did...

Donate blood and most do a covid antibody test for free along with the donation. Or u can get one from quest for 100bucks if your curious.

This happened to a friend of mine. His wife got sick and he went to get tested and see if he was positive the next day. He ordered the wrong test and had a blood antibody test done and it showed he already had high IGG levels so he clearly had it before she did...

Would I have the antibodies if my immune system fought it off from my exposure to her? Or do you only get the antibodies if you actually contract the virus?

Would I have the antibodies if my immune system fought it off from my exposure to her? Or do you only get the antibodies if you actually contract the virus?

Thats not a straight forward answer...theres the innate immune system and then theres the adaptive ( humoral and cellular). if the innate system i.e skin/barriers/phagocytes "fought it off" by never allowing the virus to truly enter your body then no you would not have antibodies. If however the virus entered your body and was fought off by the adaptive immune system then yes you would which is what we check in people who have been exposed and recovered.

This require a basic understanding of the sensitivity and specificity of a diagnostic exam and the difference between them. The explanation has to do with those. The rapid antigen tests are not 100% sensitive or specific. The numbers for each rapid exam are available online and were included in the FDA statements at the time.

Many of the results are pooled results which are further tested via PCR if the pool comes back positive. PCR is the gold standard for covid testing which is why if there is a question as to if the rapid antigen test was a false positive then PCR is confirmatory...so yes they do have an accurate test and its called PCR. The issue with the perceived " accuracy" of PCR is not inherent to the PCR itself but in the sample collection process and timing of the collection ( days post infection)

Forgive my ignorance, but are PCR tests still hard to get?

I know in Japan here they don't test as much, but they have strong contact tracing and use PCR testing exclusively to my knowledge. Last I heard they were sending people who were positive, but asymptomatic to hotels for quarantine.

Some people do get sent home for self quarantine under certain conditions, but cramped housing means this isn't an option for everyone.

Forgive my ignorance, but are PCR tests still hard to get?

I know in Japan here they don't test as much, but they have strong contact tracing and use PCR testing exclusively to my knowledge. Last I heard they were sending people who were positive, but asymptomatic to hotels for quarantine.

Some people do get sent home for self quarantine under certain conditions, but cramped housing means this isn't an option for everyone.

Pretty common place from my understanding. It was limited in the early days due to the reagents needed. I cant speak for everywhere across america but all the physicians i know were tested via PCR in the hospitals they work for.

To follow up on a prior comment. Look at HIV testing... you get an OTC or clinic HIV test...you get false positives all the time! Its just part of the sens and spec... if its positive then you get a PCR for confirmation. Its not like ohhhhh its a huge conspiracy to make more HIV diagnosis because then it came back negative! its just how medicine and diagnostic test are.

Thats not a straight forward answer...theres the innate immune system and then theres the adaptive ( humoral and cellular). if the innate system i.e skin/barriers/phagocytes "fought it off" by never allowing the virus to truly enter your body then no you would not have antibodies. If however the virus entered your body and was fought off by the adaptive immune system then yes you would which is what we check in people who have been exposed and recovered.

Ok. If I do have the antibodies is there anyway to tell if that’s because I had the virus but was asymptotic or if it’s because the virus managed to enter the body but my immune system fought it off? Or is that the same thing?

Ok. If I do have the antibodies is there anyway to tell if that’s because I had the virus but was asymptotic or if it’s because the virus managed to enter the body but my immune system fought it off? Or is that the same thing?

Thats the same thing. If you have IGG antibodies to covid then you were asymptomatic but your body developed antibodies to the virus. IGG usually form about 1-3 weeks after exposure. IGM forms before that.

Im not sure if we currently know what quantitative level of antibodies are needed yet to convey a certain level of protection and for how long.

Thats the same thing. If you have IGG antibodies to covid then you were asymptomatic but your body developed antibodies to the virus. IGG usually form about 1-3 weeks after exposure. IGM forms before that.

Im not sure if we currently know what quantitative level of antibodies are needed yet to convey a certain level of protection and for how long.

Ok, thank you.

Well, I think it would take a conspiracy for it to be the "biggest scam ever". Don't you? Kind of fits the definition.

It certainly would.

It would also take an incredibly naive, uninformed person who has zero understanding of how the world REALLY works to not realize that when it comes to power and money, especially on a global scale, that people will fuck others over for their gain/agenda.

The news is being exposed more and more for telling lies, withholding the truth, and spinning things how they want the masses to take them.

At this point, i can't bring myself to respect anyone who bases their opinion and decides what is "fact" on what the news tells them to think.

Let's step away from "conspiracy theories" and "opinion" and talk about what is verifiable, bulletproof FACT:

1) FOIA - Freedom Of Information Act: This a REAL act passed by Congress that allows for the declassification of government documents after a certain number of years have passed.

2) Operation MOCKINGBIRD - Now declassified CIA operation dating back to the 1960's where the CIA admits to using media and the news cycle to control the masses. You can find the actually federal doc very easily online, as well as vids on youtube of CIA members confessing this to Congress years ago.

Let me guess... The main stream news stations call something a "conspiracy theory", then it must be a lie, right?

Please don’t make this about your personal politics and virtue signaling, it’s pathetic attention whoring get over yourself nobody cares.

Just went through covid it’s been more than two weeks. It wasn’t so bad, if I was at home laying in bed it wouldn’t have been much at all but I didn’t have that option this is my busy season so I was in my warehouse/office every day, I work alone and live alone.

So it’s done the guidelines are 7-10 days and you’re not contagious anymore and it’s been well past that. I planned on returning to the gym this weekend I feel like a total stacked pile of shit and I really need it. Problem was I’m definitely not ready, not quite yet, my breathing isn’t back to 100% normal yet and i still feel achey. Mind you I smoke a pack of day and didn’t have any downtime at all while I was sick and I’m busier than ever so I’m sure that plays a role.

This is all very subjective but for those of you that had covid and were symptomatic how long until you felt okay to go workout again? Kinda just curious if my smoking is playing a big role here or if it’s somewhat normal for me to still feel crappy....again very subjective I know just looking for input.

Also yes I know I should quit smoking I’m definitely not proud that I do! Just ordered chantix....so please spare me the smoking lectures thank you!

Well I see a lot of back and forth is still going on about this thing...

Here’s a bit of my input and opinion...

Personally I think it’s insane the way some places (CA and NY to name a few) are handling a virus that has a 99.97% recovery rate per CDC for anyone 50 and younger.... We all know by now that the “cure” (complete economic shut down) was worse than the disease.... I mean, 3500+ child suicides since the lockdowns began, the most EVER in history... Yea, way to fumble that ball... Not to mention the thousands of businesses that will close 100% for good.... Oh, and the inflated housing market that’s been created by approving all these home loans at all time low interest rates (for now) inflating the prices of houses.... That shit is going to crash so fucking hard by 2023 (when interest rates are set to kick back in) not to mention the people who are already behind and foreclosing because they’ve lost everything... But I guess all that and more is just nonsense the way some people in here are so obsessed with a virus that has so many lies and manipulations tied to it...

Either way, I’m done fighting uphill about this type of shit... I’m doing GREAT and I’m seeing all the opportunities coming from this and I’ll be ready to BUY BUY BUY and INVEST when the times are right... We haven’t even begun to imagine the economic damage this is doing to some people... But hey, what’s some people’s misfortune is another person’s opportunity...

On another note, I live in South FL, Miami to be exact; FL governor has followed the science and seen the bullshit and decided no lockdowns, no nothing, businesses and schools, everything open... It’s been this way for a while now...

I know PERSONALLY about 12-15 people who’ve tested positive for Covid.... All between ages 25-55.... Not a single person reported even so much as a sniffle... Nothing....

I PERSONALLY know about 4-5 people who’ve done 2-3 tests in a row, days apart and some showed negative and others positive, even for antibodies, some tests showed they had them and a few days later nothing... Lol Yet we made a vaccine/cure in record time?? What a load of shit....

Oh, what about the rising cases and all the people set to die by this horrible virus? Just like someone above said about NY who actually lives there, being a lie that hospitals were never even close to being overrun.... I’ve got a similar answer;

I PERSONALLY know 2 doctors (close family friends) who work at 2 of the biggest hospitals in the region, one of them working with one of the top universities as well (you can guess or look it up), and I have 3 friends who work as ER Nurses, one in the same hospital and 2 others in another big name/well known hospital down here..... NOT A SINGLE ONE EVEN CLOSE TO BEING PACKED... NO ONE IS DYING IN THE HALLWAYS, NO ICU’s ARE OVERRUN... NOTHING...

One of them even told me that it’s been SLOW lately lmfao 🤣....

I went out last Friday night with a friend.. We went to eat in a nice area of Coral Gables, EVERY SINGLE restaurant/bar was SLAMMED... PACKED... Sure there was SOME social distancing going on and some mask wearing (you could tell a lot of people didn’t give a fuck anymore) but there were a lot of people in one area... Then we went to a popular bar/restaurant for drinks after and that place was POPPING... People inside and the courtyard area NOT WEARING MASKS AT ALL... The parking lot looked like a block party.... No masks... Everyone mingling and drinking, not a single fuck given....

And again.... No one is dying, no hospitals are overrun... Nothing but questionable false positives and negative tests that are causing numbers to go up or down or whatever.... But actual sick and dying people?? No where to be found...

I’ll say it again.. 99.97% Recovery rate....

I used to hate living in MIA/FL.... But for once in my life I’m so fucking happy I live here lmao 😂

mass dose vitamins C, D, and Zinc.. drink vegetable juice and eat fruits.. and yes, for the Love of God.. STOP Smoking! buy some nicotine pills or something dude.. or do what i did after 12 years of smoking ciggs? Ask God to sincerely take it from you... He will :cool:(y)

mass dose vitamins C, D, and Zinc.. drink vegetable juice and eat fruits.. and yes, for the Love of God.. STOP Smoking! buy some nicotine pills or something dude.. or do what i did after 12 years of smoking ciggs? Ask God to sincerely take it from you... He will :cool:(y)

Thank you, so how long until you were back in the gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner