advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oh man, your thought? (GENERAL COVID THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, but how much mainstream media coverage has this received?

Ironically, as seen here, those who objectively cite science are effectively accused of being 'anti-science', and having 'cognitive dissonance', by phony virtue signallers.

There is Machiavellian bullshit surrounding Covid at every turn, from the dictatorial World Economic Forum and UN effectively weaponizing Covid to implement their agendas, to propaganda encouraging cloth masks/muzzling.

RCT on surgical masks:
Quite a bit actually. I think you're underestimating the quality of media available to us, unless you're purposely defining mainstream media as the worst of the worst to prove your point?

Do you know the phrase "confirmation bias"? I think it would benefit you greatly to define that phrase to yourself and reflect if that is at play in your mind as you analyze the situation.

You seem to be stuck on this single track train of thought and there's no real logic to it other than in your own head you've established some consistent thoughts that aren't outrageously false.

That doesn't mean you're tracking reality very well though @MethodAir

Quite a bit actually. I think you're underestimating the quality of media available to us, unless you're purposely defining mainstream media as the worst of the worst to prove your point?

Do you know the phrase "confirmation bias"? I think it would benefit you greatly to define that phrase to yourself and reflect if that is at play in your mind as you analyze the situation.

You seem to be stuck on this single track train of thought and there's no real logic to it other than in your own head you've established some consistent thoughts that aren't outrageously false.

That doesn't mean you're tracking reality very well though @MethodAir

"Trickery and treachery are the practices of fools that have not the wits enough to be honest".

Those seeking truth objectively cite independent data and question reality.

On the other hand, Machiavellian frauds regurgitate agendas and resort to name calling, because of their intellectual deficiencies.

You've made it very easy to identify which camp you belong to.

"Trickery and treachery are the practices of fools that have not the wits enough to be honest".

Those seeking truth objectively cite independent data and question reality.

On the other hand, Machiavellian frauds regurgitate agendas and resort to name calling, because of their intellectual deficiencies.

You've made it very easy to identify which camp you belong to.
Honestly bro you might want to tone your AAS dose down. You sound a little (actually a lot) maniacal. You're literally just shooting your mouth off with the same concepts and phrases on repetition to everybody that takes a minute to try to help you understand what's going on.

Honest question and you obviously don't have to answer, but do you have a history of mental illness? You seem so tightly wound up you're going to obviously explode soon.

Stay safe.

I am from NYC and know exactly what went on there. Hospitals were never at max capacity, only certain neighborhoods came close but there were thousands of available beds in the city. On top of that, Trump sent the enormous hospital ship and had the Javod Javits convention center converted to a hospital. Again thousands of available beds that Cuomo asked for and they were never used. This is 100% fact.

Samaritan’s Purse set up a field hospital in Central Park with hundreds of beds, again they were never used. Do you know what happened? They were kicked out and sent away because Samaritan’s Purse is a religious organization and the local progressive assholes said they were “supposedly” anti LGBTQ they didn’t belong in NYC lolllll. Fact.

Part of the reason I just don’t give a fuck anymore, this has been politicized to the fullest extent. Cuomo is an epic piece of trash.
Look up Janice Dean, weather reporter now turned activist. She lost both her in laws in nursing homes because of Cuomo, and the numbers of deaths is over 10,000 because of his nursing home policy.

And he has the balls to talk about how good a job he did? He put those people directly in harms way, the most vulnerable among us, the elderly. Fuck him

Fellow NYCer here. Preach it. I had to bail for the next few months. It's sad seeing my city get destroyed **EDIT** KEEP THE PERSONAL INSULTS OUT OF IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think part of the divide on this issue has been the rhetoric "I follow the science". "you are anti science." A co-worker of mine said it's glad that the gyms are closing they need to be closed because the virus is so serious. I told him I disagree, and he says he is following the science. I asked him how many calories are in a gram of fat, he didn't know and said "why does that matter?" I told him how can he be pro-science when he doesn't even know what science is?

This just illustrates a problem in society that we do not value our health and try to take care of it at the individual level. I saw an article that said 40% of Americans have 1 prescription. We all know these drugs have side effects. If people lived a healthy life style they would not need all this medicine, but obesity is a much larger pandemic. Maybe part of the problem is the field of health, fitness, doesn't pay. My first degree is in exercise science, a useless degree. A poor choice as there is no money in it unless you want to be a trainer and get lucky (good salesman) or physical therapist. But even medical, physical therapy, they treat people after they have abused their own health to a point where they need medicine or advanced therapy.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure when it comes to health.

in Australia I am hearing news of 2500-3000 deaths per day in the US, is that not pretty serious? I dont think we have even had that many this whole pandemic

People here who saw the September 11th 2001 terrorist attacks remember that as one of the worst days in American history. More people have died from COVID than on September 11th in each of the last 4 days. The daily case numbers continue to increase, which means more people will die. The number of daily deaths predictably follows the number of new daily cases with a 19 to 21 day delay.

This would without a doubt kill over a million Americans if it weren't for modern science and technology. Things are getting worse in the short term, but we know how to make effective vaccines now. Things will start to get better as vaccine production is ramped up over the next few months.

I think part of the divide on this issue has been the rhetoric "I follow the science". "you are anti science." A co-worker of mine said it's glad that the gyms are closing they need to be closed because the virus is so serious. I told him I disagree, and he says he is following the science. I asked him how many calories are in a gram of fat, he didn't know and said "why does that matter?" I told him how can he be pro-science when he doesn't even know what science is?

This just illustrates a problem in society that we do not value our health and try to take care of it at the individual level. I saw an article that said 40% of Americans have 1 prescription. We all know these drugs have side effects. If people lived a healthy life style they would not need all this medicine, but obesity is a much larger pandemic. Maybe part of the problem is the field of health, fitness, doesn't pay. My first degree is in exercise science, a useless degree. A poor choice as there is no money in it unless you want to be a trainer and get lucky (good salesman) or physical therapist. But even medical, physical therapy, they treat people after they have abused their own health to a point where they need medicine or advanced therapy.

I don't agree with forcing gyms to close at all. There is no evidence that covid spreads at gyms where people are wearing masks and sanitizing the equipment before using it. My gym is pretty much empty now anyway. I'm usually there by myself or with 1 or 2 other people in the building.

The anti-science label applies to a certain percentage of the people protesting against lockdowns. It's not anti-science to say we need to keep businesses open so people can make a living. It is anti-science to say the pandemix is a hoax, this is a liberal conspiracy to control our lives, the vaccine is the mark of the beast planned by the Antichrist Bill Gates, or whatever other crazy things some of the people on the fringe believe.

I don't agree with forcing gyms to close at all. There is no evidence that covid spreads at gyms where people are wearing masks and sanitizing the equipment before using it. My gym is pretty much empty now anyway. I'm usually there by myself or with 1 or 2 other people in the building.

The anti-science label applies to a certain percentage of the people protesting against lockdowns. It's not anti-science to say we need to keep businesses open so people can make a living. It is anti-science to say the pandemix is a hoax, this is a liberal conspiracy to control our lives, the vaccine is the mark of the beast planned by the Antichrist Bill Gates, or whatever other crazy things some of the people on the fringe believe.
100% agree.

Everybody will have different opinions about how to balance the scientific data against the detrimental effects of closing businesses. It's easy for some to say "close it down" - and its transparently obvious when they are not factoring in others in their opinion but reacting out of fear. Fear exudes out of both "sides" of the argument in this case. Fear of the virus, fear of our "freedom" being taken away, fear of a conspiracy, etc etc.

I am of the opinion that we can close down some types of businesses (and then we'd need to float them with payroll programs) while keeping some open, all while not giving into the fear.

I've spent my entire adult life doing things that would make most people shit their pants (working on the sides of mid/high rise buildings, radio tower maintenance, BASE jumping, high speed canopy flying, free solo climbing). Never once did I give into fear and let it succumb me. Fear is a useless byproduct of our mammalian brains. Rationality and careful calculated decision making is where it's at.

Fellow NYCer here. Preach it. I had to bail for the next few months. It's sad seeing my city get destroyed **EDIT** KEEP THE PERSONAL INSULTS OUT OF IT!

For anyone who read this too late to see the original post before the edit (sorry about that), let's just say I am not a fan of our governor.

Yeah, lets close the gyms since COVID is way harder on un healthy people, what about that science? Not one case has been linked go a gym here in Wa. The people going to the gyms are not scared to get it. If anything, I hope this crap gives a lot of un healthy people a big fukn wake up call to how they are living their life.

Yeah, lets close the gyms since COVID is way harder on un healthy people, what about that science? Not one case has been linked go a gym here in Wa. The people going to the gyms are not scared to get it. If anything, I hope this crap gives a lot of un healthy people a big fukn wake up call to how they are living their life.

That is one point of view. Unfortunately this is not the prevailing mind set. It seems the modern mans mindset if that health is a community issue (free healthcare, sacrificing for each other, vaccines) rather than an individual choose (stop being obese, stop smoking, live a healthy life). This same mindset of "community" vs "individuals" is also responsible for poverty. People wait around for a policy to better their life than go out and better themselves and become rich.

We could use this as an opportunity to make people more independent rather we are using it as on opportunity to make people more dependent and increase learned helplessness.

My girlfriend is an RN at a long term care/physical rehabilitation/vent trach/hospice facility and she ended up catching it at work and testing positive after they had an outbreak even though she was gowned, gloved, N95 masked, goggled and face masked everyday in the parking lot before entering the building.

The strange thing is, she managed to catch it despite all those precautions and many many more they have in place at the facility, and yet, I never ended up catching it from her. Once we knew she was positive we figured I had already been thoroughly exposed through her and probably had it so there was no need for us to quarantine from each other or divert from our normal routine whatsoever. But I never got it. We kept sleeping in the same bed, kissing daily, sharing the same oral thermometer and even had sex and I never got sick. My employer made me get 2 tests 10 days apart before they’d let me come back to work and both came back negative.

I only got tested for the virus though, not the antibodies. So really there’s only two possibilities of what happened. Either I caught it before her and was a-symptomatic and never knew it so I had the antibodies to fight it off when she caught it and exposed me. But if that’s the case then why didn’t I give it to her if I had it before her? Or... the other possibility is that she was my first exposure to it but my immune system managed to fight it off.

My girlfriend is an RN at a long term care/physical rehabilitation/vent trach/hospice facility and she ended up catching it at work and testing positive after they had an outbreak even though she was gowned, gloved, N95 masked, goggled and face masked everyday in the parking lot before entering the building.

The strange thing is, she managed to catch it despite all those precautions and many many more they have in place at the facility, and yet, I never ended up catching it from her. Once we knew she was positive we figured I had already been thoroughly exposed through her and probably had it so there was no need for us to quarantine from each other or divert from our normal routine whatsoever. But I never got it. We kept sleeping in the same bed, kissing daily, sharing the same oral thermometer and even had sex and I never got sick. My employer made me get 2 tests 10 days apart before they’d let me come back to work and both came back negative.

I only got tested for the virus though, not the antibodies. So really there’s only two possibilities of what happened. Either I caught it before her and was a-symptomatic and never knew it so I had the antibodies to fight it off when she caught it and exposed me. But if that’s the case then why didn’t I give it to her if I had it before her? Or... the other possibility is that she was my first exposure to it but my immune system managed to fight it off.

Possibly could be the testing its not reliable, and she may have not actually had it? Was she sick? I know Elon musk took 4 tests, 2 said positive 2 negative. Many athletes test positive then negative, really makes you wonder.

Possibly could be the testing its not reliable, and she may have not actually had it? Was she sick? I know Elon musk took 4 tests, 2 said positive 2 negative. Many athletes test positive then negative, really makes you wonder.

Entire staff gets tested 3 times a week at her work using both the in house rapid method and an outside lab using the nasal swab. She tested positive using both methods. And yeah, she got sick as fuck. Lasted about 3 weeks. She never really got the struggling to breath stuff. Her breathing did become labored a few times but nothing extreme. Her symptoms were a nagging low grade fever, lethargy, lost of taste and smell, nausea and the worst part for her were the body aches. She felt like she had been hit by a Mack truck.

Wow. May I ask your supplement routine and nutrition? I think this is such a huge part of covid that people are ignoring

Were you taking AAS at the time?

Wow. May I ask your supplement routine and nutrition? I think this is such a huge part of covid that people are ignoring

Thorne Multivitamin Elite AM-PM Formula
Super Food Greens Powder
Baby Aspirin
Carditone

Diet consists Monday through Saturday of chicken, jasmine rice, 96% lean ground beef, pasteurized liquid egg whites, whey protein, bananas, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, mango and grapes.

Sunday’s are my cheat days and I eat whatever I want and it varies depending on my cravings at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner