over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym “Uniforms”

I have a personal view on "high end": yes when you spend more you CAN get better quality but at a certain point there is diminishing to no returns. The system I told my wife to use is this: If your purse costs more than you regularly have in cash or on your debit card in the purse than IMO you can't really afford it. I also heard someone say on a podcast that if you can't pay cash for something twice over then you can't really afford it.

Even if I heated my home by burning stacks of $100's ala Pablo Escobar style I still would not spend 3000 on shoes for "style." Now if I had crippling foot pain and they were the only pair tha I could walk in..............maybe lol.
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion on things .but I have to disagree with what you saying about the purse thing.

if I buy my wife a $2000 LV purse just because I don't walk around with $2000 in cash in my pocket doesn't mean I can't afford it. And it obvious if you don't have $2000+ in your bank card you wouldn't be able to buy the purse to begin with. That make no sense.

I've never believed in the saying if you can't buy it twice then you can't afford it.example If you have $200 and a cologne cost $150 I can afford it I have $200. Why do I want to buy it twice? Or why can't I buy it just because I don't have twice what the price tag is

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion on things .but I have to disagree with what you saying about the purse thing.

if I buy my wife a $2000 LV purse just because I don't walk around with $2000 in cash in my pocket doesn't mean I can't afford it. And it obvious if you don't have $2000+ in your bank card you wouldn't be able to buy the purse to begin with. That make no sense.

I've never believed in the saying if you can't buy it twice then you can't afford it.example If you have $200 and a cologne cost $150 I can afford it I have $200. Why do I want to buy it twice? Or why can't I buy it just because I don't have twice what the price tag is
I've been in line behind a girl with a Gucci bag that paid for her groceries with food stamps. That's an extreme.

I also hate to see folks carry thousands of dollars balance on their credit card every month. It's a person's right to do that though if they desire.

I've been in line behind a girl with a Gucci bag that paid for her groceries with food stamps. That's an extreme.

I also hate to see folks carry thousands of dollars balance on their credit card every month. It's a person's right to do that though if they desire.
Yea but first I guarantee it's a fake Gucci. But even if it wasn't that's low life people that take everything they can from the government and sell drugs or are an excort or some low life way of making un reported income. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about regular working people.

As far as the credit cards we'll even rich people have em.thats America for you. Buy now pay later

you see this all the time in San Diego and LA

"Shopping at LOUIE when your baby needs WIC "

Sorry I missed this.
I am in Tokyo and this is a local chain set up by a guy who used to live in the US.
They specialize in professional athletes, entertainers, and financial types as clientele.

And since you all got me started on watches, here's the core of my collection. There are several other boxes full of Tudor, Seiko , Orient, Longines, Oris, Bulova, Hamilton, Glycine, EDOX, and others. And a bunch of Gshocks too.

View attachment 129499
that's beautiful Hawk!

I always enjoy coming across your instagram posts of your various watches... one of my favorite pages

Hawkmoon, what is your opinion on tag heuer? Just curious

Sorry I missed this.
I am in Tokyo and this is a local chain set up by a guy who used to live in the US.
They specialize in professional athletes, entertainers, and financial types as clientele.

And since you all got me started on watches, here's the core of my collection. There are several other boxes full of Tudor, Seiko , Orient, Longines, Oris, Bulova, Hamilton, Glycine, EDOX, and others. And a bunch of Gshocks too.

View attachment 129499
What do you do about keeping all of those wound up? I know my friend that has a good number of nice watches has a big winder that fits quite a few, but dont know of any that could fit that many Do you have a bunch of winders? i had one for awhile but it broke down fast. It must have been a piece of crap. I only have to automatics and would like to have a good single watch winder for it. What is a good brand?

It seems like if you dont use the watch enough or keep it wound that it can break down faster. Using it keeps it lubricated better?

you see this all the time in San Diego and LA

"Shopping at LOUIE when your baby needs WIC "

Around here, if you see an Escalade in the handicap parking spot, wait a few and surely you'll see a ghettofab queen bee yapping on her cell, filling the car with steak and lobster and probably fake shit they paid too much for while the kids don't have pencils or paper for school

Bro if you can feed a family of 4 with $8 your a magician and you definitely don't live in the us
Boneless skinless chicken breast $1.69-1.99/lb So lets say 2lbs $4.00
Potatoes 1.99 for a 10lb bag so $0.20/lb 4lbs $0.80
1lb bag frozen vegetables $0.99 $1.00
Various condiments, salt soy sauce, siracha maybe $0.25
Flavor sticks for something other than straigth water 6pack $1.00 SO TOTAL $7.05 and no one is going to be hungry when done.

I can easily make many other meals for 4 people for less than $8.00. This assumes of course that I do my own shopping so no delivery fee/tip, no online instacart inflated prices(not always but I have checked and many times they are higher) and I rotate between 4 grocery stores based on the week's flyers. Meat/rice or pot/vege can be done very cheaply almost always. Now we sometimes have ground beef, sometimes it's pork chops as we eat what is on sale. We eat well and almost never eat out as I can't stand paying people to make food that I feel like shit after eating and could prepare better myself.

Other than the property taxes, $7800/year on a house we paid 129,000 for, we have great grocery prices around here and most day-to-day things are certainly not high compared to national averages. Now if I lived in NYC or Chicago I am sure the above would be harder to do.

It's not like I have these carved in stone the buy it twice was something I heard and I think it was on the Dave Ramesy show but I may be wrong. The host was basically driving at people should not spend with credit as they really don't have the money then don't buy it. The money in the purse was more a poor attempt at humor/ commentary on the many, unlike yourself, who cannot afford these items but still put on the show. Much like those with rims worth more than the car. I spend money on BB which almost the entire rest of the world would think is stupid and wasteful so I am not perfect/exempt here. Even with a million dollars in the bank I cannot fathom spending high dollars on a purse/shoes/ties and the like. I would rather throw it at jewelry if I am big spending on my wife, at least that has intrinsic value if PM and precious stones.

that's beautiful Hawk!

I always enjoy coming across your instagram posts of your various watches... one of my favorite pages

Hawkmoon, what is your opinion on tag heuer? Just curious
Thanks very much, I am happy when the things I share bring some enjoyment to others. That's mostly what my IG is about.

My first "luxury" watch was a Tag I bought when I left Japan (the second time) in 1998. It was a nice piece and not too much money.
Tag Heuer has great marketing, and only when I became more aware of the watch world did I turn away from them. For the most part, they really are overpriced fashion watches. That said, I do like it when they go back to their roots, as in the Autavia Heritage chrono. If you just want a "nice" watch, and Tag appeals to you, by all means go for it - but make sure you get a healthy discount or buy second hand. Not everyone has to be a horology purist to enjoy watches.

For the money Oris is a far better watch with better history., I usually recommend them over Tag if someone wants a nice quality Swiss-made watch for not much money.
Longines is another great choice with many options.

What do you do about keeping all of those wound up? I know my friend that has a good number of nice watches has a big winder that fits quite a few, but dont know of any that could fit that many Do you have a bunch of winders? i had one for awhile but it broke down fast. It must have been a piece of crap. I only have to automatics and would like to have a good single watch winder for it. What is a good brand?

It seems like if you dont use the watch enough or keep it wound that it can break down faster. Using it keeps it lubricated better?

I am one of those who doesn't believe in winders. They have a use in a small collection for those who want to grab and go, but no use to me with a much larger collection and as someone who rotates watches daily.
A winder would just add wear to the movement anyway, raising service costs (servicing that box at one shot could well be north of 10-5K). I am also not worried about the modern lubricants deteriorating with infrequent use.

Three of the watches in that case are Grand Seiko 9F quartz anyway - no need to adjust the time, being accurate to -15s a year and having a 50 year service life.
Love my GS ;)

I personally like people that buy things to run up on there CC cards. Since the vast majority ends up getting paid for. It keeps my stock market portfolio looking good.

I personally like people that buy things to run up on there CC cards. Since the vast majority ends up getting paid for. It keeps my stock market portfolio looking good.
I love using our credit card and paying it off each month because with the bonus for spending they give me we get anywhere from $20 to $140 a month back in cash on the card.

I
It's not like I have these carved in stone the buy it twice was something I heard and I think it was on the Dave Ramesy show but I may be wrong. The host was basically driving at people should not spend with credit as they really don't have the money then don't buy it. The money in the purse was more a poor attempt at humor/ commentary on the many, unlike yourself, who cannot afford these items but still put on the show. Much like those with rims worth more than the car. I spend money on BB which almost the entire rest of the world would think is stupid and wasteful so I am not perfect/exempt here. Even with a million dollars in the bank I cannot fathom spending high dollars on a purse/shoes/ties and the like. I would rather throw it at jewelry if I am big spending on my wife, at least that has intrinsic value if PM and precious stones.
I gotcha bro

Y
Boneless skinless chicken breast $1.69-1.99/lb So lets say 2lbs $4.00
Potatoes 1.99 for a 10lb bag so $0.20/lb 4lbs $0.80
1lb bag frozen vegetables $0.99 $1.00
Various condiments, salt soy sauce, siracha maybe $0.25
Flavor sticks for something other than straigth water 6pack $1.00 SO TOTAL $7.05 and no one is going to be hungry when done.

I can easily make many other meals for 4 people for less than $8.00. This assumes of course that I do my own shopping so no delivery fee/tip, no online instacart inflated prices(not always but I have checked and many times they are higher) and I rotate between 4 grocery stores based on the week's flyers. Meat/rice or pot/vege can be done very cheaply almost always. Now we sometimes have ground beef, sometimes it's pork chops as we eat what is on sale. We eat well and almost never eat out as I can't stand paying people to make food that I feel like shit after eating and could prepare better myself.

Other than the property taxes, $7800/year on a house we paid 129,000 for, we have great grocery prices around here and most day-to-day things are certainly not high compared to national averages. Now if I lived in NYC or Chicago I am sure the above would be harder to do.
Yea those prices sure are no where near close here in Florida lol

But then again like I said everyone is different
I love to cook and im extremely good at it.but I still like to go eat at a nice restaurant. I have no problem paying the money. I work hard and make good money and enjoy the nice things in life.if I was poor which I was as a kid then I wouldn't be able to do those things.

Orient is a FAR better watch. And yes, I have some Rolex. ;)
Seiko Prospex series are also fantastic, and iconic.

I've been a watch collector for about ten years now. My second biggest passion outside BB, focused on iconic watches of numerous manufacturers.
I can talk for hours about watches....

These were some of the best Orients ever made, the OS300 Saturation Diver. I was lucky to pick them both up before they were gone.
View attachment 129494

Holy fuckaroni, I just looked up Seiko Prospex, I had no idea. I'm a Seiko guy, my grandfather was an engineer for them.

Absolutely gorgeous! I don't want it, I NEED IT Screenshot_20210406-084936_Chrome.jpg

Holy fuckaroni, I just looked up Seiko Prospex, I had no idea. I'm a Seiko guy, my grandfather was an engineer for them.

Absolutely gorgeous! I don't want it, I NEED IT View attachment 129592
Wow...grandpa alive still? If so, will he be able to get the deals? Maybe older Seiko's at their house.

MS

Y

Yea those prices sure are no where near close here in Florida lol

But then again like I said everyone is different
I love to cook and im extremely good at it.but I still like to go eat at a nice restaurant. I have no problem paying the money. I work hard and make good money and enjoy the nice things in life.if I was poor which I was as a kid then I wouldn't be able to do those things.
I don't mind spending the money on sushi as I generally do not make that at home. I also eat SO basic that it just does not make sense to pay restaurant money for say a chicken breast with baked potato. I do appreciate a really good steak as well and we generally go for those on vacation. I currently make very little money so of course that influences my purchasing.................I got things in the works though so WATCH OUT! lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131