mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Completely random...anyone a sneakerhead here?

Its so true.

What's crazy is that I have a several pairs that I scooped up what, 2010-2014ish, that were not huuuuge hits when they came out. But i liked them. Grabbed em. And now, deadstock, these things are 700-1k. (I never dead stock tho) Trying to grab a nice pair of Jordan 1's now are tough. Yeah, retail is $170 i think....but just getting the opportunityyyy to pay retail is damn near impossible.
View attachment 136471
Suppose you wanted a very classssic Jordan 1 (black toe).... That's a $700-800 shoe. Crazy to me.
Me? i never pay resale. if I miss out, i miss out. I will never spend more then $300-350 on a shoe.
Good on you. I wish i could say i've bought sneakers and was able to put them on my feet and enjoy them. I've bought so many and they just sit and i'm thinking if i DON'T put em on my feet, i might be able to make a little extra dough later on. Kinda ruins it in a way. I got kind of nutty about it. I look at things like Jordans and Dunks as commodities now. I think there are some similarities between Nike and Rolex in how there are trying to maintain an incredibly tight control on the flow of their product into the marketplace. The funny thing is though, they are driving the resale market to even greater heights. Even though i would never wear Yeezys, I admire what they're doing in a way. For many of their releases, they make a shit ton of them, so their resale value never gets too high. Of course, some still do and some are not made in high quantities but for the most part, you can still obtain Yeezys and even if you had to go resale, you wouldn't be spending one hundred over msrp.

Its so true.

What's crazy is that I have a several pairs that I scooped up what, 2010-2014ish, that were not huuuuge hits when they came out. But i liked them. Grabbed em. And now, deadstock, these things are 700-1k. (I never dead stock tho) Trying to grab a nice pair of Jordan 1's now are tough. Yeah, retail is $170 i think....but just getting the opportunityyyy to pay retail is damn near impossible.
View attachment 136471
Suppose you wanted a very classssic Jordan 1 (black toe).... That's a $700-800 shoe. Crazy to me.
Me? i never pay resale. if I miss out, i miss out. I will never spend more then $300-350 on a shoe.

Like you said earlier; I’m not a reseller either and I WEAR my sneakers, probably too much lol.. I literally wear them until there’s nothing left.. I had a pair of yeezys and couple dunks a few years ago but had to end up throwing them away because of how worn down they were lol.. But that was when it was easy to just go get a pair of sneakers... I didn’t pay attention to the sneaker game for a few years, would just get a pair of any Adidas or some Vans or Blazers and didn’t want to spend too much but have a shoe that lasts, concentrated on my business and invest so then I can indulge in the nice things I want and not be one of these Assholes that’s broke trying to look rich (fashion and newer car etc)...

And of course just my luck, the sneaker game changes and sneakers are impossible to get retail.. And I tell myself I don’t want to pay resell and I probably wouldn’t pay crazy resell prices for those crazy Collabs like anything Travis Scott touches for example (I’m not paying 2k for sneakers lol) but most SB’s and some Jordan 1’s you can find for $250-$500 resell, which isn’t TERRIBLE.. But because my ass never took care of old sneakers, and I don’t have ANY now at all, I’m stuck paying resell for what I want.. Luckily, most of the casual ones I like are in a somewhat affordable range of $250-$300..

I do REALLY want the SB Grateful Dead’s, the green ones SOOOO BAAD and my size resell is $780 and I might pay that for those in the future 😅 I just love them.. But other then that I think $500 is my absolute limit for the other 2-3 pairs I really want...

THE PROBLEM with my shoes is that as a big dude, i don't look the besssst in them lol
Having big ass calves is nice for a BBer....is not nice for a rocking shoes. It makes me very picky in what type of silhouette I gravitate toward. Chuck and vans are smaller, sleaker. Not a bulky shoe. So having a big body that slims down to a smaller shoe is a good look. BIG UP TOP....skinnier as you go down. So i really do love some bulkier shoes like Jordan 11's or 5's or some Nike Air Uptempo's ...but they are SO BIG that its just not a good look.

I've really gotten into the Jordan 11 lows, and I'm also an avid golfer so I've picked up a couple of the retro 11 golf spikes. Paid more than retail for the golf shoes, but usually I won't do that. I also haven't won a single Nike raffle out of the last 24 I've entered. I've had way better luck through the footlocker and Champs sports apps...

I have flat feet. I like Reebok Classic Leathers in terms of comfort. I wear Dunk Mid SBs a lot. Also like Adidas ZX 500 and the old 700 series. Now, are they good for flat footers like us? Not so sure about that. Are there sneakers that would be better suited for us? My guess is probably. I have an old pair of Dunk Mids that have insoles in them. They seem to feel good. The truth is, for me, if i walk a ton in sneakers, eventually my feet hurt no matter what i'm wearing.

Weird thing is; Arch support actually hurts my feet. Chuck taylors and sole-less shoes are prob not the best thing for flat footers to wear due to poor arch support, but they cause me zero pain. I add any type of supported arch shoe, and my feet and shins start to hurt. The bottom of my converse shoes are so worn down inwards due to the way I walk.

Prob years and years of acclimation

I'm gonna check out all the recommendations from you guys, and see if I can try some in store to see how they feel. I used to have a pair of old adidas wrestling shoes that were pretty comfortable

THE PROBLEM with my shoes is that as a big dude, i don't look the besssst in them lol
Having big ass calves is nice for a BBer....is not nice for a rocking shoes. It makes me very picky in what type of silhouette I gravitate toward. Chuck and vans are smaller, sleaker. Not a bulky shoe. So having a big body that slims down to a smaller shoe is a good look. BIG UP TOP....skinnier as you go down. So i really do love some bulkier shoes like Jordan 11's or 5's or some Nike Air Uptempo's ...but they are SO BIG that its just not a good look.

You need to buy a pair of medium gymshark shorts with chuck taylors and scare all the kids at the local mall

Thoughts on these? Tried on a pair today, thought they would look odd but I liked them. Very light weight, the rope thing doesn't look as strange as you would think, maybe it could be taken off?

The calves are a problem for me and taller Doc Marten's.
In my Youth Crew/Skinhead days, (18-ish) I already had big calves and 20-eye steel caps were impossible, 14-eye a struggle.

Thoughts on these? Tried on a pair today, thought they would look odd but I liked them. Very light weight, the rope thing doesn't look as strange as you would think, maybe it could be taken off?
I personally like those. The air force 1 look is ALWAYS cool.
And I'm sure you can possibly push the rope thing down. They remind me of these Nike SF-Air Force 1's.
I have the black and gum ones. Another thing I always remember is that I buy (for the most part) shoes with pretty neutral colors so I can wear a lot of clothes with them. Black, white, grey, stuff like that. If you buy bright blue shoes good luck trying to find some outfit for that lol
https___hypebeast.com_image_2016_11_nike-special-field-air-force-1-on-feet-1.jpg

I personally like those. The air force 1 look is ALWAYS cool.
And I'm sure you can possibly push the rope thing down. They remind me of these Nike SF-Air Force 1's.
I have the black and gum ones. Another thing I always remember is that I buy (for the most part) shoes with pretty neutral colors so I can wear a lot of clothes with them. Black, white, grey, stuff like that. If you buy bright blue shoes good luck trying to find some outfit for that lol
View attachment 136567

those look awesome!

I'm definitely not a sneakerhead - outside of the gym I only wear cowboy boots or Adidas sandals.

But I do like Nike Air Force 1 boots for the gym. Not high tops, boots. Most are released under the Special Field line. I haven't kept my old pairs but I've had blue / grey / white, green, jungle camo, maybe a few others. I switched to these because my ankles were becoming the limiting factor on leg press and having the ankle support from boots helped alleviate that.

Below is my current pair - Winterized Goddess of Victory in urban camo. They had glow-in-the-dark AF1 up the side but it's almost completely worn off.

urban061621.jpg

Below is the pair I'm about to switch to - another Winterized Goddess of Victory in black / dynamic yellow. I found these on the Nike website on closeout and it turned out that the only pair left in the US was at the Nike store here in Dallas. They had been worn once and returned, marked to go to charity, so I got a good deal on them.

new061621.jpg

I'm definitely not a sneakerhead - outside of the gym I only wear cowboy boots or Adidas sandals.

But I do like Nike Air Force 1 boots for the gym. Not high tops, boots. Most are released under the Special Field line. I haven't kept my old pairs but I've had blue / grey / white, green, jungle camo, maybe a few others. I switched to these because my ankles were becoming the limiting factor on leg press and having the ankle support from boots helped alleviate that.

Below is my current pair - Winterized Goddess of Victory in urban camo. They had glow-in-the-dark AF1 up the side but it's almost completely worn off.

urban061621.jpg

Below is the pair I'm about to switch to - another Winterized Goddess of Victory in black / dynamic yellow. I found these on the Nike website on closeout and it turned out that the only pair left in the US was at the Nike store here in Dallas. They had been worn once and returned, marked to go to charity, so I got a good deal on them.

new061621.jpg
These are the ones I just bought, the top ones with the rope. What do you do with the rope, tuck it? Mine keeps coming free lol. Ill probably save these for the winter they didn't feel good in the gym on a summer day.

Are the second ones the newer version of the upper ones? So I guess they took away the rope and have the strap now? I like both pairs

I have been collecting sneakers with my son for about 3 years. We have around 165 pairs of sneakers. Some we wear some we don't. My latest acquisition: AJ6 Cactus Jack + Travis Scott, AJ1 Cactus Jack + Travis Scott, AJ1 Shadows, and AJ1 Royal Blue

I've really gotten into the Jordan 11 lows, and I'm also an avid golfer so I've picked up a couple of the retro 11 golf spikes. Paid more than retail for the golf shoes, but usually I won't do that. I also haven't won a single Nike raffle out of the last 24 I've entered. I've had way better luck through the footlocker and Champs sports apps...
Let's bump that 24 L's on the SNKRS app to 26.... ridiculous lol

I have been collecting sneakers with my son for about 3 years. We have around 165 pairs of sneakers. Some we wear some we don't. My latest acquisition: AJ6 Cactus Jack + Travis Scott, AJ1 Cactus Jack + Travis Scott, AJ1 Shadows, and AJ1 Royal Blue
AJ1 Shadows and Royals are two of my go-tos.
I wear a lot of 1's and have 15+ colorways. the best shoe.

like the Travis Scott stuff is hyyyped. Good pickup. Im sure the resell off those is ridiculous.

Honestly is there a correlation between men who collect sneakers as an adult because they could not afford them growing up?

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads