mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A year later - Anyone still taking metformin?

No, metformin is running around giving everyone frantic foamy diarrhea..while that’s happening I can do a less severe version of that to myself with scotch and sleep peacefully
I have never had diarrhea from Metformin. I always have the consistency of a banana 😊

No, metformin is running around giving everyone frantic foamy diarrhea..while that’s happening I can do a less severe version of that to myself with scotch and sleep peacefully
This doesn’t even make sense as a joke. Sure you could give yourself diarrhea with alcohol and get some fucked up passed out sleep. But no ones taking met BECAUSE it gives them diarrhea. They take it in spite of it because of its ability to enhance insulin sensitivity and hoping they can get past the sides. Not to mention the alcohol would even further fuck up your already fucked up insulin sensitivity

We’ve gotten pretty far off topic regarding the seriousness of NMDA as a carcinogen in metformin 😂

Does Metformin still make sense for us low carbers?

I’ve read quite a information related to saturated fat playing a role in insulin resistance. That said, I’ve also read from the keto advocates that it’s neutral.

Hard to fully subscribe to one or the other with highly intelligent people arguing both sides. Lol.

It’s somewhat challenging to be low carb and not include a decent amount of saturated fat. I gave up cheese for this reason (which sucks badly because I love it), and limit to the 1lb of grass-fed beef I eat daily.

I am absolutely not anti-saturated fat at all, but given all the arguments about its potentially adverse effects on insulin sensitivity - I’m just trying to play it safe as I’m also on GH.

I’ve read quite a information related to saturated fat playing a role in insulin resistance. That said, I’ve also read from the keto advocates that it’s neutral.

Hard to fully subscribe to one or the other with highly intelligent people arguing both sides. Lol.

It’s somewhat challenging to be low carb and not include a decent amount of saturated fat. I gave up cheese for this reason (which sucks badly because I love it), and limit to the 1lb of grass-fed beef I eat daily.

I am absolutely not anti-saturated fat at all, but given all the arguments about its potentially adverse effects on insulin sensitivity - I’m just trying to play it safe as I’m also on GH.
I think metformin would be beneficial for anyone using gh

Metformin gives me such a bad acid reflux that i will try @luki7788 protocol.
Noticed that other guys use his same idea.

I always read it was omega 6 that were horrible for insulin sensitivity, specifically most people have way to many omega 6 compared to 3. Hence why I can't believe many think olive oil is a good source of calories or consider it good fat. Processed Vegetable oils are about as bad as it gets.

I always read it was omega 6 that were horrible for insulin sensitivity, specifically most people have way to many omega 6 compared to 3. Hence why I can't believe many think olive oil is a good source of calories or consider it good fat. Processed Vegetable oils are about as bad as it gets.

Well while it does have a high Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio, it works lol you can’t argue with results...

Italy/Italians (where my immediate family is from) use that shit on basically everything lol and if you look up the statistics they’re one of the healthiest countries (somehow despite all the smoking they do lol) with lower rates of heart disease and cancer etc and have some of the oldest populations/life expectancy..

Well while it does have a high Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio, it works lol you can’t argue with results...

Italy/Italians (where my immediate family is from) use that shit on basically everything lol and if you look up the statistics they’re one of the healthiest countries (somehow despite all the smoking they do lol) with lower rates of heart disease and cancer etc and have some of the oldest populations/life expectancy..
But have researchers actually correlated this with drinking hydrogenated vegetable oil? Lol. I know I saw a video where a well known diabetes doctor pretty much said vegetable oil are the worst thing ever for insulin sensitivity. They cancel out the Omega 3. I believe he said coconut oil is better and avacado oil is ok to cook with.

But have researchers actually correlated this with drinking hydrogenated vegetable oil? Lol. I know I saw a video where a well known diabetes doctor pretty much said vegetable oil are the worst thing ever for insulin sensitivity. They cancel out the Omega 3. I believe he said coconut oil is better and avacado oil is ok to cook with.

Well I know you’re not supposed to cook with olive oil, you’re supposed to eat it “raw” for lack of a better word..

But I would think it’s not the same as corn oil or other vegetable oils.. It does contain loads of healthy fats in it and for whatever reason the higher ratio of omega 6’s doesn’t do anything negatively..

I’m sure there are tons of studies showing that olive oil has tons of health benefits... I wouldn’t solely correlate it with everything I posted above, but it’s definitely not making people die younger that’s for sure lol

I’ll vouch for this, I have a lot of greasy off the boat Italian friends and they all are healthy as ox’s with bodies like gods while barely doing anything for it and abusing them hell of out themselves with crazy partying, also seems like they never age.

Generations after generations of fish and olive oil…

I heard too many 6’s suck too.

I thought Olive Oil was loaded w 9’s / mono’s though?

Lol the question is.....Is it saturated fat causing the insulin resistance or is it the saturated fat in the presence of processed carbohydrates that cause insulin resistance 🤔

Metformin makes most sense while on rhGH or test/5alpha-reducing androgens (with the former, to promote insulin sensitivity in muscle when it's most needed) and with the latter for some protection from BPH. It MAY also help reverse or ameliorate some of the cardiac changes from androgens/exercise. I might write something up on the tradeoffs, just keep in mind you want to be offsetting the fact that it makes you WEAK (both in terms of fiber type adaptations and in terms of its gastric effects) somehow.

Lol the question is.....Is it saturated fat causing the insulin resistance or is it the saturated fat in the presence of processed carbohydrates that cause insulin resistance 🤔

Fair question lol. Shit food loaded w both carbs and SFA’s skew these studies badly.

Metformin makes most sense while on rhGH or test/5alpha-reducing androgens (with the former, to promote insulin sensitivity in muscle when it's most needed) and with the latter for some protection from BPH. It MAY also help reverse or ameliorate some of the cardiac changes from androgens/exercise. I might write something up on the tradeoffs, just keep in mind you want to be offsetting the fact that it makes you WEAK (both in terms of fiber type adaptations and in terms of its gastric effects) somehow.

Very cool. I had no idea about any of that other than the improved insulin sensitivity.

What do you mean makes you weak? And fiber adaptations? I remember last year when I ran metformin I had the overall feeling of being “weak”, funny you should mention that.

What do you mean makes you weak? And fiber adaptations? I remember last year when I ran metformin I had the overall feeling of being “weak”, funny you should mention that.
Well, Met abrogates the adaptive shift to IIA muscle fiber (fast, oxidative) and preferentially leads to the hypertrophy of a slow, oxidative (weak, higher endurance) quality muscle. Its gastric effects also can interfere with training and nutrition for some. It has some paradoxical effects. It, also, in skeletal muscle cells, seems to lengthen rather than thicken the fiber, a strange morphology. I'll write something in plain language about the benefits and tradeoffs.

Stan Efferding who is pretty smart IMO doesn’t recommend taking it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
crankyfranky28
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner