over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Teen night at the gym

Probably depends on where people are. I have seen zero physical confrontations in the gym and i have been going to them since the 80's and have never missed any time. And go years at a time without people raising their voices either. In my area the vast majority avoid confrontation and then complain that things don't change.
Agreed. Where I live there is some of what people are talking about (filming, selfies), but not at this incredibly ridiculous level of disrespect and delusion. I go to a gym that is part of a chain and my location is known for being the one that is more laid back where people just want to do their thing. The next one is only 5 km down the street and, from what I've heard, is just a clown show of men and women wanting to be Instagram famous. I've also never seen a physical confrontation occur or even an argument that I can remember. I make it a point to either train at 6:30 am, 2:00 pm, or 8:00 pm depending on my work schedule. The people acting like buffoons want to be seen, so they go when it's busy on purpose.

We have a lot of teens in the gym (anytime) as it is right down the street from the High School and they give free memberships.
That said, all the kids I see are trying and putting in effort. My gym restricts partner training to two at a time and no more than 20m at a piece of equipment, along with no phone use when using it. 99% of the kids are good about it (as are the "adults").

A lot of guys here love to use the term beta male and complain about the state of "manhood" today. Not in this thread but others. I understand the annoyance of the equipment being occupied but isn't it a good thing that these kids have found their way to the gym? They may be misguided as far as their routine goes and need guidance so steer some of them in the right direction, so give some of them your time and help pass the torch! When I joined at 16 in 1985 the guys at the gym showed me how to do things properly. They appreciated that I was trying and mentored me in the gym. I do this today and work with a bunch of younger guys in the gym for free. It's a good group. Several of these guys are in the 160's and went from squatting 185lbs to over 400lbs in just over a year. Their bench and deads have jumped leaps and bounds too! It feels good to have younger people want to learn the "old school" way.
Just now reading this stupid ass thread but your post is my EXACT THOUGHTS 💯. I'm happy as hell to see a bunch of young kids in the gym, it gives me hope for this new pushy ass generation!

It can be a love hate thing.

I was once there, it’s a new exciting potentially lifelong journey that they may embark upon.

We’ve all gone through silly fads from cutting the sleeves off our gym shirts, to wearing beanies at the gym because we saw a photo of frank McGrath doing it, to just spending six hours doing chest.

Be kind, show your scars and share your lessons to enhance their learning if they are curious about it.

🤷‍♂️
Amen brother. Well said.

i got into it with some dude two nights ago who was using 3 diff machines at once, he left his gym bag next to quad machine leg curls for 2 minutes while doing incline chest press 10 yds away and super setting pushups in between . seriously wtf. i waited like 1 min for someone to claim leg ext and sat down and began my sets. i saw him look over at me and stop midset whatever he was doing to approach me. he storms over all decked out in tights with shorts over them, DARCSPORT cutoff t shirt lol. arm bands and all kinds of wierd "i try too hard but have no physique " garb. Mean while im wearing walmart sweats and baggy walmart 10$ t shirt. He told me ?dude i was on there, i said no you weren't, not when i got here and waited patiently and saw you supersetting 2+ other things. he stood there and gave me a dirty look. i said bro bounce unless you want to have an issue, I am not going to let you be disrespectful to me and throw an adult tantrum. get your emotions in order. you dont own real estate in this gym and its unfair for you to hog machines. I said you can absolutely work in with me and he stormed off in a hissy fit. yeah yeah im a toughguy yeah im a bully blah blah im sure lots of crybaby members here will have something to say about that but frankly idgaf. Never have and never will. i am never changing id rather drop dead then to let this type of behavior impede my workouts when I am overly kind and polite to everyone to avoid confrontation. If you are going to raise your voice at me and mad dog me we are going to have an issue. nor do i put up with equipment hogs especially after I offer to let you work in. every time i post something like this the same cry baby crusade members come out the woodworks of their unhappy lives and interpersonal relationships, and judge me and tell me im wrong and a gangster etc lol. thus,. usually, i stop reading threads after i post something like this. its quite as annoying as the narcissistic selfish gym equipment hogs. I am not a part of your gym culture , never was and never will be.
I usually call you a tough guy but in this one you're absolutely right haha. I'm a pretty calm guy when it comes to people around me but 2 weeks ago I had almost the same thing with a guy using 2 squatracks. Doesn't work like that.

I'm usually happy to see people wanting to work on their fitness, or hell even just getting their weekly social talks in even if it's at the gym. I don't like the disrespectful young jsckasses I see often lately. I've seen a guy in his skinny jeans and polo shirt jumping up and down the middle of a loaded barbell, a kid wrecked a mirror because he literally threw the EZ bar at it mid rep, a cable break because someone dropped the full stack, not working out, just showing his buddy he could pull the whole stack. Those are the annoying things.

The motivation to be seen on tiktok/instagram/the beach by the opposite sex really isn't fundamentally better or worse than the desire to be seen on stage or in a muscle magazine. Times have changed and I for one am glad that the teenagers are invading. Did you begin training super optimally when you first started or did you fuck around on bench+cable machines all day? That's what I thought. We absolutely need the young Gen Zs to have fitness more popular than it was with us millenials or Gen Xers; that's step one in reversing our falling life expectancies in the anglosphere and our obesity epidemic. Celebrate the kids with the mushroom/broccoli haircuts, gym shark attire, earings, and SARMS at 160lbs invading your gyms. Some will be gone in 3-4 years but a good portion will stick with it and live healthier, happier lives and improve the health of our people and our nations.

Now what pisses me the fuck off is personal trainers having obese or super newbie clients babied and only having them do very easy cable exercises and machines. They should know better as professionals, the teenagers are just dumb but they'll eventually learn.

The motivation to be seen on tiktok/instagram/the beach by the opposite sex really isn't fundamentally better or worse than the desire to be seen on stage or in a muscle magazine. Times have changed and I for one am glad that the teenagers are invading. Did you begin training super optimally when you first started or did you fuck around on bench+cable machines all day? That's what I thought. We absolutely need the young Gen Zs to have fitness more popular than it was with us millenials or Gen Xers; that's step one in reversing our falling life expectancies in the anglosphere and our obesity epidemic. Celebrate the kids with the mushroom/broccoli haircuts, gym shark attire, earings, and SARMS at 160lbs invading your gyms. Some will be gone in 3-4 years but a good portion will stick with it and live healthier, happier lives and improve the health of our people and our nations.

Now what pisses me the fuck off is personal trainers having obese or super newbie clients babied and only having them do very easy cable exercises and machines. They should know better as professionals, the teenagers are just dumb but they'll eventually learn.

We didnt have that stuff in my day when I started (70's) so yes, all barbell/dumbbell training only.

Fair enough, but most people who started late 80s and beyond did some real dumb shit.

Also another cool thing is that the gap between powerlifting and bodybuilding seems to be shrinking in America at least. In the UK it actually seems to be growing and people are more into looking good rather than strength, but there's been a huge revival in powerlifting and it seems like it's % growth rate is actually faster than physique sports, especially among males. For females it seems like powerlifting is still very niche and the vast majority of newcomers go into physique sports rather than strength sports.

I mean they're not exactly in competition or anything, I'm just saying its cool to see because I want both sports to succeed and powerlifting was in a very niche spot until around 2014 or so. Plus of course powerlifting training is by default "hardcore". Lots of kids looking up to Shane Hunt, John Haack, or Larry Wheels, not just Chris Bumstead and Urs.

Bottom line, of you don't like gym, go to another one. At my gym, they are very respectful to you. Sure they take selfies and flex in mirror and I personally don't see why that bothers someone. Some of you who are older, didn't have phones in the gym, but don't tell me you didn't look in the mirror and flex once in awhile.

In my gym, when guys see you, they greet you by saying Salut. Teenagers actually look up to guys like me. Some have asked for advice. They are very respectful. These guys need guidance, not to be ridiculed.

I am glad I didn't start out in a gym where guys where look down at me. These guys were intimidating mass monsters, but would always encourage a skinny guy like me. I for one will pass that on and encourage others.

Im glad we have the crew that we do have in the AM, and yup, the few teens are nice kids.
Went a few times at night, whole different clown-world.

Wouldnt be able to go like Pesty mentions, I would be in my home-gym 100%. I use it once or twice a week anyways.
Used it full-time for decades, but now I dont leave the house much. Full-time work at home, etc. Good to get out a few days a week.

Plus I see a few friends Ive known for 40+ years (high-school). Heck, the guy who owns it, he and I started together in my cellar at age 12.
44 long years ago... Very glad we all have options..

There are loads of younger kids who bring in tripods and film themselves lifting 20lb dumbbells. I wonder who watches the videos? It’s like they are filming road to the Olympia the 17 yr old skinny fat version lol.

There are loads of younger kids who bring in tripods and film themselves lifting 20lb dumbbells. I wonder who watches the videos? It’s like they are filming road to the Olympia the 17 yr old skinny fat version lol.
That would be a good question. I saw a kid and his buddy carefully setting up a tripod to bench 135 he was about 120. Who is following this "content"? Another kid about 17 percent was filming himself doing kickback's Paul Carter style targeting the long head. Is this for social media?; The only reasonable explanation would be to check his form but there's a mirror. 30 minutes to set up the tripod.

I go at 5:30 AM, so none in there at that time. But our gym owner had to hang signs about "keeping your shirts on at all times" because I guess the after-school crowd rolls in.
Flex, take their shirts off, take selfies, etc. (Everything but proper f'ing training).

Hilarious generation of morons we got these days in that age-group.
We have one 16 yr old who comes in the AM with his Ma. He is sort of a flexer, but his Ma trains him properly. And he's a nice kid.
She's a Powerlifter and stronger than most men in the gym, so she makes sure he behaves and trains correctly (and learns)...

He's also a broccoli-head, huge Pompa-doo...
A

here in san diego yes, planet fitness gave everyone in highschool who has id free memberships, and also 24 hour and la fit all offer bring 2 people free amenity anytime to add on at gym. few years ago it was never like this! they charged for everything, so yes its infested here too. scam sessions, wierd clothing, pool floaties around ankkles and arms (Wtf am i missing), and lots of same sex ons same sex wierd stuff seen in gym never before. its a trip man . but its better than kids gang banging and doing drugs or drinking!
I am sorry it shouldnt be like this just another thing for free for spoiled generation they already think that they are entitle to things cause they just exist. I had to use my pocket money when i was younger to get to the gym… they dont put value in anything- how could you if it was for free?

I have no idea???????

For the public gym goers; why not just jump in with them on whatever they’re using if it’s that time for you to use it?

Man I always did this when I was using public gyms. Only had one instance where guy hesitated some. He had just got done with a set. So I know I had like 30-60sec before he’d be ready for anutha.

So I asked him, he hesitated, I just said cool thanks, added my weight did my set. Then took off my weight to get back to his working amount. Guessing I took 40 seconds adding the weight and doing my set. He jumped back on did his next one, and we rotated till I got my 4 sets. Didn’t talk to one anutha aside from a nod here an there.

Everyone else they just said yes that’d be fine. And we’d rotate sets. I was probably early twenties back then and most of the people were in that same age group.

Is this not the case now? Do people actually say no? How do they justify it? They gotta takes a break!

Cage

Just now reading this stupid ass thread but your post is my EXACT THOUGHTS 💯. I'm happy as hell to see a bunch of young kids in the gym, it gives me hope for this new pushy ass generation!
Well said I take my14 year old to the gym with me and he wears my pm tanks Who cares what anyone is doing at the gym.Sone of you put too much effort in what others are doing how they dress etc.So many other important things to worry about in life

I’ll be in Coronado this weekend for the VETS gala, let me know if you want to come kick it /snag a training session.
all the galas are this weekend my gf went to the real estate one last night , and there's one upcoming on dec 1st im going to
coronado is super nice, I am far away unless you want to cruise out to north county sd brother

Has anyone else ever had a gym turn into a teenager fest? It seems like within the past month we have had an influx of teenie boppers in the gym at all hours and they clog up the cables and benches in packs of 2-3 even worse than the college kids. No idea what could have caused the shift the price is $35 but it's àlways been that low. I haven't heard about another gym closing.
Yep they all pose but don’t compete and are small, and all fucking film themselves nonstop. It’s awful when we were the rooks we had gym etiquette and knew our place. I’ve had to put a few down but most when confronted on their bullshit take it well and seem surprised they’re acting stupid, I BLAME TIK TOK

It’s called tiktok. I call them the tiktok era - they instantly hop on aas to be 170lb, some of them stick with it and end up with good physiques - unaware their great natural gh and igf-1 output is responsible. Soon as they age they’ll realise everything isn’t about steroids and the whole glamorisation should die down eventually. We hope

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDrummer47
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws