over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nick Walker out of the O

So is this the second tear of his hamstring? If so, way too young to be having muscle tears like that 🤕😥

is he qualified for next year's Olympia though? and from you guys experiences how long does a hamstring tear like that take to heal? Nick is a great guy, hard worker and very confident. I wish him all the best

is he qualified for next year's Olympia though? and from you guys experiences how long does a hamstring tear like that take to heal? Nick is a great guy, hard worker and very confident. I wish him all the best
No, he is not. That being said if his recovery does not allow him to compete and qualify then I could see them inviting him. No idea what next years schedule looks like but there were some show really close to the O and I would hope he would be ready for one of those.

If it’s a grade 1 or 2 tear he’s looking at 3-8 weeks. Grade 3 (complete muscle tear) could be 3-8 months.

My guess is that it’s 1 or 2 since Matt had him keep going and tried to work through it. Knowing Nick he will “try” to rebound into the Arnold for the win to qualify for the O.

But I agree with @b-boy, he has some serious adjustments to make if he is already having tears. Nobody makes improvements moving heavy weight in the gym a week out from a show. Put that energy into posing practice or something else.

branch warren tore his quad when he fell of a horse right? I think he even once said that all his tears happened outside the gym

If it’s a grade 1 or 2 tear he’s looking at 3-8 weeks. Grade 3 (complete muscle tear) could be 3-8 months.

My guess is that it’s 1 or 2 since Matt had him keep going and tried to work through it. Knowing Nick he will “try” to rebound into the Arnold for the win to qualify for the O.

But I agree with @b-boy, he has some serious adjustments to make if he is already having tears. Nobody makes improvements moving heavy weight in the gym a week out from a show. Put that energy into posing practice or something else.
I had a grade 2 tear at 8 weeks out 5 years ago. It was a 16-20 week recovery with BPC, Tb500, GH, and physical therapy 3 times a week. First month is really nothing bedsides ice/stim, etc. Then light stretching, then isometrics, then light concentrics. I wasn’t training full go on hamstrings for probably 5 months. My PT said it was the fastest grade 2 tear he had seen. I started introducing light quad work at about 10-12 weeks. I’m not a genetic freak like him so he may recover quicker but I’d be surprised to see him do a spring show or the Arnold.

Attachments

• IMG_8686.jpeg
    IMG_8686.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 20
Why train balls to the wall at 2 weeks out or less? If your really lean you are just asking for trouble. Just put some blood in the muscle and go home.
This is true. I got injuries from training while being lean and dry because I pushed it.

I had a grade 2 tear at 8 weeks out 5 years ago. It was a 16-20 week recovery with BPC, Tb500, GH, and physical therapy 3 times a week. First month is really nothing bedsides ice/stim, etc. Then light stretching, then isometrics, then light concentrics. I wasn’t training full go on hamstrings for probably 5 months. My PT said it was the fastest grade 2 tear he had seen. I started introducing light quad work at about 10-12 weeks. I’m not a genetic freak like him so he may recover quicker but I’d be surprised to see him do a spring show or the Arnold.
Yeah it’s all guesswork until you know how bad the tear is. Even if he does heal it in record time that doesn’t mean he should go straight into a show.

I tore my right lat in 2020 (outside the gym) and it was really a 6 month recovery when it was all said and done. I used every tech and thing I could get my hands on, but was a process. Even once healed it became training to ensure symmetry and digging out all the scar tissue so it looked as if it never happened which was the hardest and longest part.

For someone like Nick it’s going to be a mental game as this is who he is. Add to that big name sponsors and the IFBB on him about competing.

Upsetting news. Big fan of Nick’s. While I know he wasn’t winning this year I still wanted to see him stand next to Hadi, Derek, Sampson and Andrew.
I'm a big fan of Nick also. Even if he didn't win I just love seeing him up there with his determination. He's inspirational and keeps things interesting.

I tore one my hamstrings completely off the hip a few years ago. It changes everything about how you have to train/move/etc. Unless surgery can reattach it, your leg is forever changed both visually and functionally.

This is true. I got injuries from training while being lean and dry because I pushed it.
People don't realize how dangerous dehydration is. Even slight dehydration raises injury risks immensely.

Why train balls to the wall at 2 weeks out or less? If your really lean you are just asking for trouble. Just put some blood in the muscle and go home.
I saw Regan Grimes training legs last week and he was doing the hip-loaded hack squat (hack press?). He wasn't doing a lot of weight, but why even do that right before a show?

Sucks man :/ major blow to the lineup. He was looking to be at an all time best here.

Definitely shakes things up a little more tho in a few days... He's gonna have to heal up and win a few big shows next year to make up for some extra revenue he missed out on here :/

feeling really sad for nick.... so close to the olympia :sick:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity