over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Difference in protein sources and their effects

Yeah it’s food. Gatorade has sugar, a carbohydrate. If I put the whey in oatmeal and eat it with a spoon instead of drinking it am I allowed to call it a food then? Lol.
So coffee is a food? It has calories lol. Alcohol , a shot? If you mix whey in yogurt and oatmeal and eat it I'd say that's a meal and food. It's all semantics but I'd say most people if they go to pizza hut they consider the pizza the food and the lemonade not a food but a drink.

Same people using the term "real food" also cba eating their veggies and get a green powder and drink it in the morning

So coffee is a food? It has calories lol. Alcohol , a shot? If you mix whey in yogurt and oatmeal and eat it I'd say that's a meal and food. It's all semantics but I'd say most people if they go to pizza hut they consider the pizza the food and the lemonade not a food but a drink.
You’re literally just arguing delivery method now. This is silly. Point is; the quality of a food or its macros aren’t suddenly different because it’s drank or eaten. Just because you can drink whey doesn’t mean it’s not “real” or determine its quality. Egg whites can be drank, but they are also a “real food”. We even have egg white powder. Is cocoa powder a food? How about powdered peanut butter? It’s semantics and the point is it doesn’t determine the quality of something.

I would say if you are eating the coffee beans then you are eating real food. If you are drinking water that has passed over the beans then you are not. And it you are getting the alcohol from a berry or banana that is very ripe you are eating real food. If the alcohol have been processed out then not real food. But hey that is just how i think others can do as they please.

Same with blending oatmeal or the such. Chewing food release saliva that helps digest food. By passing that process takes away from digestion and assimilation and is getting away from the real food effect i would think.

Whey is real, however by consuming whole raw milk is much better for muscle gain. You can add extra why to your raw milk, I would never use why mixed with water, only mixed to raw milk.

You’re literally just arguing delivery method now. This is silly. Point is; the quality of a food or its macros aren’t suddenly different because it’s drank or eaten. Just because you can drink whey doesn’t mean it’s not “real” or determine its quality. Egg whites can be drank, but they are also a “real food”. We even have egg white powder. Is cocoa powder a food? How about powdered peanut butter? It’s semantics and the point is it doesn’t determine the quality of something.
I agree it's all semantics I just don't consider something your drinking as food, just my view

I would say if you are eating the coffee beans then you are eating real food. If you are drinking water that has passed over the beans then you are not. And it you are getting the alcohol from a berry or banana that is very ripe you are eating real food. If the alcohol have been processed out then not real food. But hey that is just how i think others can do as they please.

Same with blending oatmeal or the such. Chewing food release saliva that helps digest food. By passing that process takes away from digestion and assimilation and is getting away from the real food effect i would think.
Definitely agree with your last point. Also satiety too. I always prefer real food but like to mix in casien to my pre bed time meal.

Whey is real, however by consuming whole raw milk is much better for muscle gain. You can add extra why to your raw milk, I would never use why mixed with water, only mixed to raw milk.
What are your thoughts on dairy, yogurt, etc? Seems like dairy gets a lot of hate.

Could you tell me the difference between real and fake food just so I understand the premise here? And what makes raw milk preferable over whey for muscle building?

Could you tell me the difference between real and fake food just so I understand the premise here? And what makes raw milk preferable over whey for muscle building?

Raw milk has E.coli, Listeria, and salmonella that you are missing out on when you pasteurize it. Vitally important for muscle growth.

You live under a fucking rock or something?

I agree it's all semantics I just don't consider something your drinking as food, just my view
Man, I really don’t know why you’re being so semantic. I’d hope you’re intelligent enough to understand what’s being discussed in the context of this thread.

Would I tell someone I got them food if I got them a Gatorade? No. But that’s obviously not what’s being discussed in the context of “real food” in this thread. We are talking in regards to bodybuilding here; macros, food quality, etc… who gives a fuck if it’s a liquid, powder, or solid food. We are talking about it’s nutritional value here.

Man, I really don’t know why you’re being so semantic. I’d hope you’re intelligent enough to understand what’s being discussed in the context of this thread.

Would I tell someone I got them food if I got them a Gatorade? No. But that’s obviously not what’s being discussed in the context of “real food” in this thread. We are talking in regards to bodybuilding here; macros, food quality, etc… who gives a fuck if it’s a liquid, powder, or solid food. We are talking about it’s nutritional value here.
???

I said twice it's all semantics. But I think "real food" is preferable vs. whey especially when cutting.

Do you think 2000 calories from shakes and a multivitamin added in will give the same results as 2000 calories from meat, fruit, veggies?

Sure you can meet your macros with liquids but I so think it's ideal I doubt any coach would recommend that.

Real food is defined as complete, minimally processed, or unprocessed foods that are closer to their natural state and often have higher nutrient contents and fewer additives than processed meals. Whole milk is contains bioactive compound, vitamins, minerals, bioactive peptides, nucleotides, oligosaccharides, organic acids, and immunoglobulins.

Do you think 2000 calories from shakes and a multivitamin added in will give the same results as 2000 calories from meat, fruit, veggies?

Sure you can meet your macros with liquids but I so think it's ideal I doubt any coach would recommend that.
Why does everyone bring up this strawman when addressing whey? Does it have the same micronutrients as meat… no. But it’s a great protein source that can be utilized. Rice is practically nutritionally void, we don’t use fruit for all our carbs. Same logic here.

???

I said twice it's all semantics. But I think "real food" is preferable vs. whey especially when cutting.

Also fruits and vegies supply our body with Ionic minerals, in studies showed adequate intake of vitamin A, K and Zinc from foods, not supplements , were associated a lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear