over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you count all your protein sources? Diet debate

I'm a keto fan (makes me feel good)
And I totally agree with you about there is a fucking study to say what ever the fuck you want
So all I ask is for you to use some basic human being common sense....
If we have twin 350lb obese male twins and we put both on a 1500 calorie deficit one using a higher fat content and one using a high carb diet and they both lose 150 lbs is the twin that ate the higher carb diet at more risk of heart disease than the other twin?
You’re probably not gonna like my answer! 😂 But yes it’s my belief that he would be at the higher risk of heart disease. Again, that’s my belief. I also believe that fats and cholesterol in general are good for you and not bad like a lot of doctors will tell you. When I get my cholesterol checked it’s always the ratio between hdl and ldl that I look for. Of course I like my triglycerides to be as low as possible. My bloods always come back the best on low carb high fat diets. Especially if it’s mainly good fats like olive oil and fish have in them. The low carb diet really tanks my triglycerides better than anything I’ve tried.

I like it. Also what I do if I think I may have forgotten to take my orals or injection that day. Just take it again.
Are still there pills in the bottle? That's the ultimate proof that I've yet to take my Anadrol today.
Right? 🤔

Protein only counts from animal sources. Red Meat, Chicken, Fish, Milk/Whey, etc.

I use an app so I count all the sources. Not going to subtract them. I am for 320g protein, 40g fat, the rest carbs. Now if I was someone eating only 200g...which IMO is too low...then I may be worried about it..but always eat high protein.

I’m just gonna say, I’ll stick with what I believe and you can do your thing. There’s a study out there for anything and everything when it comes to this topic. I definitely hit some carbs when I’m stuck and it helps a lot with strength and size. There’s no doubt about that. I just back off of them quickly. I really do believe that a high carb diet is one of the main causes of heart disease. Everyone has there own opinion and that’s mine. 😬
Can you post this study showing high carbs are cause of heart disease in healthy individuals who exercise without crap carbs.

Can you post this study showing high carbs are cause of heart disease in healthy individuals who exercise without crap carbs.
I’ll see what I can find. It’s been a good ten years since I researched this stuff. It was a good friend of mine that is an anesthesiologist that turned me on to this idea. I remember a very technical YouTube video that explained it so well I’ve been a believer ever since. Basically it explains that heart disease is caused by inflammation and not fats and shit. Then goes into detail about why high carb diets cause inflammation. I don’t know if I can’t post links with this account just yet. My old board handle was Stiffy but I forgot the password to it so I had to make a new one! ☹️

I’m just gonna say, I’ll stick with what I believe and you can do your thing. There’s a study out there for anything and everything when it comes to this topic. I definitely hit some carbs when I’m stuck and it helps a lot with strength and size. There’s no doubt about that. I just back off of them quickly. I really do believe that a high carb diet is one of the main causes of heart disease. Everyone has their own opinion and that’s mine. 😬
Post a pic of your physique

Leading risk factors for heart disease and stroke are high blood pressure, high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, diabetes, smoking and secondhand smoke exposure, obesity, unhealthy diet, and physical inactivity.

I’ll see what I can find. It’s been a good ten years since I researched this stuff. It was a good friend of mine that is an anesthesiologist that turned me on to this idea. I remember a very technical YouTube video that explained it so well I’ve been a believer ever since. Basically it explains that heart disease is caused by inflammation and not fats and shit. Then goes into detail about why high carb diets cause inflammation. I don’t know if I can’t post links with this account just yet. My old board handle was Stiffy but I forgot the password to it so I had to make a new one! ☹️
You should listen to guys like b-boy. He is right about you can find a study for about anything. It is total nonsense that high carbs are leading cause of heart disease too. Studies prove the opposite. Like b-boy was saying, depends on your choice of carbs and how healthy the individual is.

In regards to the topic..,I always count all macros from all sources….because you know…the calories still count from those

This is largely for the high carb guys.

The example:
- pretend you have 220lb of lean mass and eat 4500 calories to maintain your weight.
-You aim to get 1g protein per pound of lean mass.. that’s only 880 calories.
- Let’s say half your lean mass in fats, 110g 990~ calories.
- That leaves 2630 calories for your carbs or 656g~

Now the debate:
- Assume you eat 400g(dry) of jasmine rice.. that has roughly 27g of protein from rice and only meets half your carb goal.
- You could even be fancy and cook it in bone broth as many people do which adds another 16-20g of protein… from collagen.

So while attempting to eat enough carbs you can secondarily consume >25% of your protein requirement from crappy incomplete sources easily. Do you factor this in?

A calorie is a calorie so everything must be accounted for weight management.

Obviously compete protein sources with strong amino acid profiles will be better utilized, so do you adhere to only tracking those toward your daily goal, or do you account for all protein?
Only count protein from legit sources like meat, diary, or supps. You’ll not grow on rice protein and collagen is great for hairz, skin, nails, and joints but you won’t grow on it at all also that’s a lot of extra math for counting vegetable protein, KISS

I really really hope it’s not the carbohydrate-insulin model of obesity… but doesn’t sound like it is.

Inflammation is really going to come down a lot more to food sources and lifestyle, not macronutrients in general.

Anesthesiologists are only required to to take a single nutrition course in their undergrad so…
If it works for you awesome but correlation doesn’t equal causation.

I never counted protein from non animal sources. I just thought of it as bonus points. When dieting though with less aminos from plant sources i would up the protein some to help offset.

Anesthesiologists are only required to to take a single nutrition course in their undergrad so…
If it works for you awesome but correlation doesn’t equal causation.
Agreed - medical doctors have absolutely zero knowledge when it comes to nutrition. It’s actually quite shameful they don’t require more classes in med school.

My old lady loves lentils for her carb source, so I have to like them.

They are probably the only carb I track protein

ROFL shit gone crazy

If someone here gets his meat anywhere other than his esophagus, please don't tell me whether those protein get accounted
Well there was this one time. . .
But seriously , injection of protein below the stomach makes you sick because it's not being chemically broken down. I ended up using EAAs instead

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230704-135533~2.png
    Screenshot_20230704-135533~2.png
    848.1 KB · Views: 28
I personally count everything , all the intrinsic fats from my protein sources , protein from. Carb sources , carbs from fat sources and so on.
Does it really matter?? No , as long as you are consistent with it like mentioned above.
But I think not taking into account the little added calories here and they is a big reason we see people saying that they are taking in alot less calories than they really are.
For instance if you are eating 50oz of chicken breast a day to get your 350g protein but are not taking into account the at least 50g of fat that's in that meat (using 7g protein ,1g Fat per ounce) then you are talking about being short 450 calories from fats in your daily calories.
That's just my take on it.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner