over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

💥 Phil Viz Q&A Training Segment

This is really skewed to me. If you deadlift you know that once in a while your traps, lats and whole posterior chain will be sore due to having to stay tight and keeping your shoulders/ scapula retracted but, otherwise you are not going to see any significant hypertrophy in those muscles compared to something that uses your lats far more effectively ( pulling, rowing.) I also think this is far to taxing on your low back hips etc considering you have your lower body to train.

He is doing other exercises for back not just deadlifts, however deadlift works hamstring muscle, lower back muscles, including your erector spinae, rhomboids, traps, latissimus dorsi and levator scapulae.

Usually when people do this they don't even realize themselves how jealous they are. It happens everywhere. Any social media where one can sit behind his device and talk his shit. YouTube is probably the worst. I think Phil knows what he's doing and even if he didn't whatever's he's doing is working cause he's fuckin ripped and yoked and he's going to be battling for the no. 1 spot.

Keep it up Phil. Haters gonna hate

Exactly. Reading you-tube comments makes me lose hope in the future of the human race :eek: Most of them aren't even trolling they are just that ignorant, stupid, negative and well everything bad.

Well his back looks pretty fucking great to me. I don't understand why guys have to dissect everything someone posts on here. Especially when the poster probably looks multiple times better than they do.

TP4U keep doing your thing :)

Mate I can tell you why they dissect. Its the Einstein-ing crowd. The layne fucking Norton followers. Unless you show them a study describing why you do a xyz exe a certain way no matter how perfect it is for u, it's invalid, has no value. Your and mine decades of trial and error has no value cos we were not part of a double blind controlled study lol
We had a genius criticising Phil's leg training in his legs video thread.

Aceto once said if i had a choice of talking shop (bb) with 3 nutrition PhDs and a few exercise physiology doctor or just sit and listen to sameet bannout or joe weider speak and chat with them both, i am going to pick sameer and Joe any day.

Phil u doing great. all the best to you.

I agree nothing on this earth makes my back more sore and feel completely thrashed then heavy heavy rack pulls. Not rows not lat pull downs nothing. Very taking on cns for me personally I feel run down for 2 or 3 days days after with an aching back. I hate doing them when dieting as I literally feel like I don't recover

Damn Phil...every year bigger, more detail, freakier(in person and pics)...props

Last edited:
I actually do my rack pulls a hybrid way....

I dont stay arched and use leg drive, which reduces how much weight i can use, but i want a big back not a powerlifting total. I do them almost stiff leg, but wide stance (strong stable base, but no tight pull from posterior chain), and i let my shoulders come forward and back round. Then when i pull i pull my shoulders back and arch. This gives me a little lengthening and shortening to the back muscles under heavy load as opposed to the traditional static contraction. I dont sit back and try to counterbalance the weight with my posterior chain either (leverage) i actually start my pull over top of the bar (making it once again even harder)

Try it... you wont go back. But trust me start LIGHT! You will be humbled relative to what you are used to using!

I actually do my rack pulls a hybrid way....

I dont stay arched and use leg drive, which reduces how much weight i can use, but i want a big back not a powerlifting total. I do them almost stiff leg, but wide stance (strong stable base, but no tight pull from posterior chain), and i let my shoulders come forward and back round. Then when i pull i pull my shoulders back and arch. This gives me a little lengthening and shortening to the back muscles under heavy load as opposed to the traditional static contraction. I dont sit back and try to counterbalance the weight with my posterior chain either (leverage) i actually start my pull over top of the bar (making it once again even harder)

Try it... you wont go back. But trust me start LIGHT! You will be humbled relative to what you are used to using!

I got the idea from Konstantinov and Johnny O Jackson. Both pull with a rounded back and have insane backs. Made me think.....

I got the idea from Konstantinov and Johnny O Jackson. Both pull with a rounded back and have insane backs. Made me think.....

Oh, and i pull head DOWN to keep me from arching and leveraging too early

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 479
Well his back looks pretty fucking great to me. I don't understand why guys have to dissect everything someone posts on here. Especially when the poster probably looks multiple times better than they do.

TP4U keep doing your thing :)

People just can't look at someone who has accomplished something and accept there is wisdom there. It may not be the end all be all wisdom but its the method said person has learned to do what they have done this far. leave it at that for fucks sake. Take bits a pieces and try shit out see if there is any benefit for you.

This is really skewed to me. If you deadlift you know that once in a while your traps, lats and whole posterior chain will be sore due to having to stay tight and keeping your shoulders/ scapula retracted but, otherwise you are not going to see any significant hypertrophy in those muscles compared to something that uses your lats far more effectively ( pulling, rowing.) I also think this is far to taxing on your low back hips etc considering you have your lower body to train.

There is a lot to it including personal biomechanics. I'm very short....5'7" and the vast majority of my deadlifting is pure back strength. I'll take a video deadlifting today but my back is 100% worked and fries from deadlifts and is without a doubt the reason for my back size.

Are you really saying deadlift deosnt build the upper back? :banghead:

Yes! Don't take what I'm saying literally because I know you guys will start to bash personal trainers in a heart beat but, you guys really don't understand joint functions or mechanics at all do you? Phill looks amazing as I said from my first post my comment was for conversation not to criticize.

Yes! Don't take what I'm saying literally because I know you guys will start to bash personal trainers in a heart beat but, you guys really don't understand joint functions or mechanics at all do you? Phill looks amazing as I said from my first post my comment was for conversation not to criticize.

Actually this is by FAR the most advanced and experienced community on the net. Everyone understands REAL well, which js why everyone bashed your comments. You sir are the one who is speaking like you are above us and correct and we are all looking on as if it were some GNC employees who barely looks like they lift telling us which supplements to buy. We just shake our heads as you clearly dont get it and we move on...

i have to KINDA agree that its not necessarily a back building moverment.....
i feel more of an overall compound movement.....it DOES hit several areas
of the back though.....like toopoo said....its THE WAY its done that can
attack those areas more aggressively...pulling from the rack...takes
a lot of the leg movement out..

i got on a deadlift kick for MANY years....not going for any PRs or anything.
but 405 for 20+...and 500 for 10+....every week for years....:eek:
(watching those damn pros vs bros BS)

and my legs and glutes exploded with new growth....not so much the back.
they put an inch on my calves also....if anything it also exploded my lower
back to where its almost silly looking....the only thing that built my upper
back was high rows (hammer strength or similar)....with a squeeze at
the bottom...

:cool:

Last edited:
Actually this is by FAR the most advanced and experienced community on the net. Everyone understands REAL well, which js why everyone bashed your comments. You sir are the one who is speaking like you are above us and correct and we are all looking on as if it were some GNC employees who barely looks like they lift telling us which supplements to buy. We just shake our heads as you clearly dont get it and we move on...

I know everyone bashed me it's a shame cause I made not one negative comment towards you. This was solely for discussion, I appreciate the actual feedback you gave about why and how you do rack pulls. These guys need to take a step back and think about the crap they spew. I am not jealous of your physique because I questioned why you do rack pulls lol... again best of luck towards your competitive goals I hope you get your pro card!

i have to KINDA agree that its not necessarily a back building moverment.....
i feel more of an overall compound movement.....it DOES hit several areas
of the back though.....like toopoo said....its THE WAY its done that can
attack those areas more aggressively...pulling from the rack...takes
a lot of the leg movement out..

i got on a deadlift kick for MANY years....not going for any PRs or anything.
but 405 for 20+...and 500 for 10+....every week for years....:eek:
(watching those damn pros vs bros BS)

and my legs and glutes exploded with new growth....not so much the back.
they put an inch on my calves also....if anything it also exploded my lower
back to where its almost silly looking....the only thing that built my upper
back was high rows (hammer strength or similar)....with a squeeze at
the bottom...

:cool:

I love the deadlift, I was solely focused on bodybuilding from the start of my training and didn't fully understand there purpose but, taking a step back from eating and training not as focused on hypertrophy this year gave me more of an understanding. I truly don't believe they are a smart exercise to do as a bodybuilder because there is a high risk of injury especially if done the way some of these guys explain and injury hinders you from training other muscles etc. I whole heartedly agree with you on the lower body gains. If you lack glutes hams performing a deadlift consistently will absolutely help ( best glute exercise is the deadlift hands down.) You are getting stimulus in the upper back lats but not the kind that will build much hypertrophy ( a lot of guys who feel it in their upper body are yanking on the bar with those muscles and not sitting back and pulling with their glutes and hams. Yanking on the bar and using your upper body can be a dangerous move I wouldn't risk my spine health for minimal upper back gains

Super cool video Phil!

I know what it feels like to be having a conversation and it's like doing a set!

Suffering the diet is the way to win. I'm inspired.

Hey Phil,
Looking nasty brother. Keep pushing it is definately paying off!
Are you doing training programmes now as well?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws