over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

4:1:1 BCAA from TP not tolerable!

alpha6164

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I pretty much strictly use TP products so by no means is this a dis on True Protein by any means. 4:1:1 BCAA are theoretically better and more anabolic than commonly found 2:1:1 BCAAs and i ordered a 2lb container of the 4:1:1 version from TP and trying to incorporate 10-15 grams couple of times a day on top of my regular protein i take in with shakes. The problem is that the power looks like scraped chalk. It wont dissolve for shit and has a bitter taste. I basically gag and almost throw up everytime.

I am sitting here trying to figure out if you guys have a different trick or recipe you use for this. I have not tried 2:1:1 and wanted to know if that has same issues or not. Dante, if you read this do you have any input or is it just a nature of the beast producing 4:1:1 BCAA. Thanks

BCAA's with Higher leucine content take longer to dissolve. Try mixing it 15 min before you want to drink it, shake it up really good. Let it sit for 15 min and then shake it up really good again right before you drink it.

It doesn't dissolve in water.
I have gotten used to taking it like a shot in 2oz of water, but it is definitely a bitter concoction.
One thing that has helped tremendously is adding greens powder (I get mine from Trader Joe's, its ground up veggie powder). It masks the taste pretty well.
Mixing it with an oz or two of grapefruit juice eliminates the nasty taste if you don't mind getting a tiny bit of sugar with your Leucine.

Sour will help to counteract bitter. IF you can stand it use lemon juice or lime juice. also if there is a strong smell near by you can trick your tastebuds. bacon and garlic work best.

If it's too much to deal with, you can take a couple hours and cap them.

BCAA are non soluble. And yes they taste like shit. Get them double flavored.

I make my own bcaa and leucine blend. I pay a little more for the instantized versions of these aminos.

I basically get a 25% PeptoPro 40% Instantized BCAA 10% Instantized Leucine 25% instantized EAA blend

In other words, if you don't get the instantized stuff it won't mix worth a crap. I would try capping it if you have to...

take a scoop, put it in your mouth, wash down with water or other drink. Makes the suffering brief

I make my own bcaa and leucine blend. I pay a little more for the instantized versions of these aminos.

I basically get a 25% PeptoPro 40% Instantized BCAA 10% Instantized Leucine 25% instantized EAA blend

In other words, if you don't get the instantized stuff it won't mix worth a crap. I would try capping it if you have to...

This sounds like a pretty good idea. And how does this combo taste or dissolve?

I use crystal light lemonade. Although it doesn't seem to completely dissolve as leucine is hydrophobic, letting it sit for a few minutes seems to help the solution dissolve a bit and it goes down fine.

If you mix the leicine 4:1:1 with instantized EAAs or BCAAs then it helps it dissolve.

I squirt those mio flavored things into my bcaas. tastes great and no sugar. best flavors for use with bcaas are berry and fruit punch. they are expensive though at 3-4 bucks a container

As said above leucine is hydrophobic and will not mix into water.
Most companies mix malic acid with BCAA's and add alot of tart flavoring to fix that problem....as we sell raw ingredients in a lot of products thats not built into it.

Things you can do.....

Buy instantized BCAA's which will go into solution which will take care of the mixability problem.
Mix the BCAA's in with a lemonade mix such as this **broken link removed**
swirl it up and down it.

This is the method i do myself....
Instantized bcaa's regular ratio 10 grams
Instantized Leucine 3 grams (more)
drinkarizona lemonade
swirl it up and drink that pre/post workout and pre bed

As said above leucine is hydrophobic and will not mix into water.
Most companies mix malic acid with BCAA's and add alot of tart flavoring to fix that problem....as we sell raw ingredients in a lot of products thats not built into it.

Things you can do.....

Buy instantized BCAA's which will go into solution which will take care of the mixability problem.
Mix the BCAA's in with a lemonade mix such as this **broken link removed**
swirl it up and down it.

This is the method i do myself....
Instantized bcaa's regular ratio 10 grams
Instantized Leucine 3 grams (more)
drinkarizona lemonade
swirl it up and drink that pre/post workout and pre bed

Thank you so much for that information :)

I'm glad this was brought up. I purchased TP BCAA's and as stated they don't mix well....and taste terrible. I'm going to try adding it to Crystal light.

ps which protein products you guys like from them? I was just going to pick up more dc blend but I hear great things about team skip mix

I pretty much strictly use TP products so by no means is this a dis on True Protein by any means. 4:1:1 BCAA are theoretically better and more anabolic than commonly found 2:1:1 BCAAs and i ordered a 2lb container of the 4:1:1 version from TP and trying to incorporate 10-15 grams couple of times a day on top of my regular protein i take in with shakes. The problem is that the power looks like scraped chalk. It wont dissolve for shit and has a bitter taste. I basically gag and almost throw up everytime.

I am sitting here trying to figure out if you guys have a different trick or recipe you use for this. I have not tried 2:1:1 and wanted to know if that has same issues or not. Dante, if you read this do you have any input or is it just a nature of the beast producing 4:1:1 BCAA. Thanks

I'll send you my address you can ship it to me I'll let you know what's wrong with it LOL

I'm glad this was brought up. I purchased TP BCAA's and as stated they don't mix well....and taste terrible. I'm going to try adding it to Crystal light.

This is the version i recommend everyone use

True Nutrition | BCAA's

those are instantized and will mix in water. (if you let it sit for a few minutes it will even dissolve more...myself i just down it after i mix it)

then you just add the lemonade stix or whatever tart flavoring you like (tart works best with bcaa's as they are naturally sour) and down it

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackplace
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131