advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A couple of threads I wanted to post recently..

76 CJ7 Everything is new, I had a AMC 401 built and added fuel injection, Atlas transfer case, 700r4 trans plus axels and lockers, it’s fun for sure! I also have a new Rubicon that’s fun but the power in the CJ makes it my favorite…..

76 CJ7 Everything is new, I had a AMC 401 built and added fuel injection, Atlas transfer case, 700r4 trans plus axels and lockers, it’s fun for sure! I also have a new Rubicon that’s fun but the power in the CJ makes it my favorite…..
What lockers are you running

Looking into purchasing a Jeep or the new Ford Broncos. Looking to Lift and customizing either.
Pros?Cons? Thoughts of each.
Thanks in advance.

MS

Looking into purchasing a Jeep or the new Ford Broncos. Looking to Lift and customizing either.
Thanks in advance.

MS
I love my F-150 but for off road tween those too keep all the way also you said new so you have to be very careful with lifting or you’ll fuck your warranty.

The Ford dealer here said they can do the lift and still be able to have the warranty valid? Probably it's a "Factory Lift"? Not necessarily after market.

MS

The Ford dealer here said they can do the lift and still be able to have the warranty valid? Probably it's a "Factory Lift"? Not necessarily after market.

MS
Not sure how it may vary from one manufacturer to another, but it's no issue with Toyota. Bought a new 4Runner a couple years ago, put about 100 miles on it and was like, "I need to be like every single other 4Runner/Taco owner here in CO and lift this thing", and had a well-known reputable shop do the work shortly thereafter. No issue whatsoever with retaining the factory warranty, and no issue or questions asked when I traded it in.

Not sure how it may vary from one manufacturer to another, but it's no issue with Toyota. Bought a new 4Runner a couple years ago, put about 100 miles on it and was like, "I need to be like every single other 4Runner/Taco owner here in CO and lift this thing", and had a well-known reputable shop do the work shortly thereafter. No issue whatsoever with retaining the factory warranty, and no issue or questions asked when I traded it in.

Yeah that’s how it should be. Any aftermarket work, will nullify the warranty on that work. The rest of vehicle is still under warranty.

Suspension lift = no suspension warranty
Turbo the engine = no engine / transmission warranty.

However they may be able to get creative and say something along the lines of the lift putting undo stress on the drivetrain.

Thanks in advance.

MS
New, Bronco. Used 2006 or older Jeep. IMHO the V6 area jeeps aren't worth the money.

MS
Ford has a bad ass factory lift well it’s a coil over 3 inch level but it’s custom shocks with resivours, and I believe new control arms not only maintains warranty but has its own and will clear 35s but it’s $$$$ I think the price was around $5,000

MS

Ford has a bad ass factory lift well it’s a coil over 3 inch level but it’s custom shocks with resivours, and I believe new control arms not only maintains warranty but has its own and will clear 35s but it’s $$$$ I think the price was around $5,000
Totally changes the look of the F150. Takes it from great to totally badass. I did a 3" on the Jeep with 35" Goodyears and an F150 rolled up beside me at a light and I was looking up at the driver. She was easily 12" higher than I was with superb clearance underneath. Might be next on my list for the F150. All my vehicles are out of warranty anyway.

Totally changes the look of the F150. Takes it from great to totally badass. I did a 3" on the Jeep with 35" Goodyears and an F150 rolled up beside me at a light and I was looking up at the driver. She was easily 12" higher than I was with superb clearance underneath. Might be next on my list for the F150. All my vehicles are out of warranty anyway.
I have 4 years left on my warranty so I think the 2 inch supreme level don’t alter steering or suspension to any degree and it stays factory, apparently Ford has a 2.5 inch factory level but it’s $650 I’m only gonna go to 33s bc I have kids under 2 so loading and unloading is a bitch bc yes I’m a big fucker but I am a short fucker. The 35s look sooo much better but the truck is tuned with other mods so the right tires should get me where I need to go and then some. Thing is the Raptor runs on 35s with a 17 inch rim and they aren’t too hard to get in and out of. Which F-150 did you say you have? XLT FX4 EcoBoost I think the FX4 just means there’s a locker in the rear diff.

2012 STX 4WD 3.7L V6 (kinda wimpy) but I didn't need to go up to the 5.0L V8 for what I use it for which isn't much. My Jeep has the Selectrak which can go 2WD or 4WD so it's my daily vehicle and it has a hitch with an electrical plug. In 2WD, the gas mileage is fine. The Toyota my wife uses but she has it all girled up so I don't use it much either. But it's great for the kids and the gas mileage is forever. But the girls always want to go in Dad's Jeep but my wife thinks it's too bumpy. In the Toyota I feel like my ass is dragging on the road.

Yea I’m not comfortable in anything smaller than an older full size or a Jeep, I don’t even like the new Broncos. My wife car drives me insane. But as you said it gets good gas mileage and easy getting car seat in and out etc. the mileage on my truck avg is like 14.8 so not exactly frugal as I also will only use 93 plus I’m doing a Bully Dog 93 tune which supposedly helps on gas but 1-3 mpg doesn’t really matter (if it happens) yes over a year it adds up but if I cared about mpg I wouldn’t be in a huge truck

Yea I’m not comfortable in anything smaller than an older full size or a Jeep, I don’t even like the new Broncos. My wife car drives me insane. But as you said it gets good gas mileage and easy getting car seat in and out etc. the mileage on my truck avg is like 14.8 so not exactly frugal as I also will only use 93 plus I’m doing a Bully Dog 93 tune which supposedly helps on gas but 1-3 mpg doesn’t really matter (if it happens) yes over a year it adds up but if I cared about mpg I wouldn’t be in a huge truck
My girlfriend has one of the smaller Infiniti SUVs and I can ride in the passenger seat but I can't drive it - my quads come in contact with the steering wheel even with it all the way up.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's led to quite a few arguments around here, believe me. She'll say, "Why can't you get something like normal people drive?" And I'll say, "Because there's nothing normal about me." Hopefully she doesn't read this.
My girlfriend has one of the smaller Infiniti SUVs and I can ride in the passenger seat but I can't drive it - my quads come in contact with the steering wheel even with it all the way up.
My friend Cliff has a newer Lexus sport SUV and it's not too bad, but still smaller than I prefer. I much prefer the older Laredos. They were great! Massive room for everything. But Jeep the last few years is just ruining itself. oIIIIIIIo

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's led to quite a few arguments around here, believe me. She'll say, "Why can't you get something like normal people drive?" And I'll say, "Because there's nothing normal about me." Hopefully she doesn't read this.

My friend Cliff has a newer Lexus sport SUV and it's not too bad, but still smaller than I prefer. I much prefer the older Laredos. They were great! Massive room for everything. But Jeep the last few years is just ruining itself. oIIIIIIIo
I’m lucky there my old lady gets that I’m not normal but she does think I over play how uncomfortable it is to drive the car like you said my quads hit the wheel and the seat was not made for my back, and oh you can die driving so I wanna drive well

Just replaced pitman and idler arms in my Escalade today. Steering is much improved. Truck doesn't have the same acceleration as my previous one did, despite both having the 6.0L. Been thinking of buying a tuner or using some carbon remover in the oil to get the performance up but at this point I think I actually want more fuel efficiency. Sort of wish I went with the 5.2L. But I love this vehicle. Perfect condition, favorite color, amazing rims. Got my audio system booming (~4k watts on two amps, one to my doors, (deaf bonce Arnold's) another to my sub (18" sundown). Hoping to have a kid soon and the thing is a tank when it comes to safety. Just tough on gas $$$.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear