over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ABC NEWS: "GYM RAGE" - WAKE UP PEOPLE

BrooklynBB

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=3626412

We got the first wave of this when we were told that we can't grunt when lifting heavy weights at that other gym.

We're told that roid rage made Benoit and Titus kill people.

Now we're told that, and I QUOTE:

"Gym Rage: Spinning out of Control: Does the physicality of Working out lead to Fisticuffs at Gyms?"

"A New York City hedge-fund manager says he was assaulted by a fellow health-club member at a Manhattan gym this week because he was grunting too loudly during a spinning class."

"Mitch Abrams, a sports psychologist who specializes in anger management, agreed that fights in gyms were probably no more likely than fights anywhere else, but because "gyms are places of heightened physical activity, people may feel greater license to use physical means to resolve disputes.""

""There might be a slightly heightened likelihood that gym members might solve their problems using muscles, but that's merely an explanation and not an excuse. There is never a reason to put your hands on anyone.""

WAKE UP PEOPLE:

They said steroids DID NOT WORK in the 70's to try to get people to stop using them. Then it was proven they worked. Worked SO well in fact that they are used currently for AIDS patients and those with severe muscle wasting diseases with LITTLE or NO SIDE EFFECTS. But then they passed a law making them illegal. Not only illegal, but they put them on the same level as mind altering drugs such as HEROIN and LSD, with the SAME PENALTIES.

Next:

They started to ban our legal supplements. Why? Because they actually worked, and for much cheaper than the pharmaceutical companies can charge. So they took away andro and other forms of LEGAL supplements that boost testosterone.

Next:

They are threating to update the supplement act to include PROTEIN powders? Why? Because they know that a combination of heavy lifting combined with lots of protein builds muscle.

Next:

They are cracking down on roids like they kill people in the same way an OD of cocaine would kill someone. That simply isn't the case. There have been more major busts and seizures of roid dealers in the last year than other narcotics in the last 5 years! Why is that? And why are the small time dealers the target and not the manufacturers? They are coming after suppliers, not producers.

Next:

Propaganda like this article will lead to a shutting down of alleged "Hardcore" gyms across the country because people will be afraid to work out there because you or I - the guys with big muscle - may randomly attack you because you're SPINNING TOO LOUD.

Wake up... something needs to be done, and not just sit there and say, "That's bad".

There seems to be a forced agenda to eventually shut down gyms and put an end to building muscle for the general public. Why? What are they afraid of? And notice how fear tactics are being used.

These stories seem funny at first until you open your eyes to the real agenda...

AGREED!!

Its the USA man, its going down the toilet and fast.
Not just the gyms, supplements, or being able to eat what you want to eat when you want to eat it (heaven forbid it might add muscle mass to your frame and cut down on health care costs down the road), we are constantly losing the freedoms we take for granted every day.

Unfortunately its going to stay like this until the majority of us stand up and tell the government we arent going to take their BS anymore!!

They don't know what is right for us- the American people; only the people know whats right for the people!

:mad: A-holes :mad:

What happened to this country in the last 10 years???

I travel alot so i see big differences between here and there. I have lost so much faith in our system and am seriously considering relocating overseas. I have the luxury of no dependents so it seems in my best intrest 2 do so. This place is going to shit, end of story.

hush it profitness.. u just wanna go where the gear is legal.. JK hon... u know i love ya :D

do you guys think when a new president is in office things might change somewhat??? i think the steroid hysteria is good for bush as it keeps the general population and media from focusing on our troops die'n for oil, the meth epidemic, etc. the serious issues can be somewhat sidetracked when the news is focused on balco or bonds, etc.

To me it comes down to perception. We look at the glass half empty or half full. The opinion that the U.S. is going down the crapper is an opinion I could not honestly argue with. There is a whole lot of evidence supporting the claim. But if we dwell on it like that I think it makes it all the more difficult to live a decent life. You could escape it by going to another country BUT if you bring your attitudes about things with you I assume you would eventually think the same negative things in your new surroundings. In other words if you perceive the worst of what you see you will never find that perfect place until you die. I think EDGE is a great example of positive thinking being the best way. It is contagious. You surround yourself with positive people and you “catch it” like a cold, surround yourself with negative people and the same effect.

They use this kind of item as a distraction - the U.S. Dollar is going to hell in a handbasket so quickly (several other Nations have already denounced it and will no longer accept the dollar) that a depression seems emminent, yet most American citizens are completely uninformed; Our government has made concrete moves toward opening (eliminating) borders and forming a North American Union with Canada, ourselves, and Mexico - they are already tooled up to mint a new currancy called "The Amero." Point is, "we" (American citizens) have a responsibility to run our country and control our government in so much as it serves the people and does not rule the people. Ha. Anyway, lots happening right now which is going to have a major impact on the lives of every U.S. resident in the very near future but one of the tools the government uses to keep everyone distracted and scattered is to hype and push other far less relevant but more conventionally interesting issues into the limelight, and right now, "steroids" are a nice convenient hot issue. We love our sports here so of course anything involving possibly names and games with which we are familiar makes great fodder of distraction. MY own curiosity makes me wonder how far it can go, and because "bodybuilders" are "special" cases in that one can look at us and get a reasonable idea of whether we are partaking or not, will it get so crazy that one day any guy out in public with 20 or so inch arms will become subject of a "probable cause" interogation by an officer based on his "special training" in the field of "illegal enhancement" identification? Think about it. There is acceptable probable cause established based on the observance of behaviour, the aroma of alcohol or marijuana . . . eventually, will similar training establish that a certain amount of visable muscular develop is to be legally considered unatural and grounds for further investigation?

The problem of people losing their "freedoms" stems from the religious right and the family values people etc. They have a big influence in washington DC. If they consider something to be morally wrong than no one should be able to do it. They have their nose in everybody's business. But every once in a while one of these assholes gets in trouble. I.E. the senator from Iowa who just got caught in the sex sting operation in the men's bathroom at an airport.:eek: All in all it is a sad state of affairs, when the govt. finds it so important to have hearings on baseball players taking steriods, when there are much more important things to think about.

ALmost reminds me of prohibition. Maybe someday all serious bodybuilders/powerlifters will be forced to workout at home in their basements where nobody else can see or hear. Maybe there will be special secret clubs where we can lift!

eh Senator Larry Craig is from Idaho not Iowa :D

And as it turned out, he was constitutionally protected from prosecution (and was actually illegally arrested) since he was enroute to or from a hearing.

more media hype.alot of this is just more people being fitness inspired = more gyms = more things like this goin to happen.peace

Yeah but.....

Only in America would these kind of retarded stories make the news. Meanwhile our president is an idiot our social security is being taken away from us and we have young men and women dieing everyday in Iraq. ABC can blow me, they need to reevaluate what real new is.

ABC blowin you would be the top story on CNN:eek:

Our government has made concrete moves toward opening (eliminating) borders and forming a North American Union with Canada, ourselves, and Mexico - they are already tooled up to mint a new currancy called "The Amero."

are you kidding me?! the Amero?
stop beleiving all the crap your friends send you in e-mails. the Amero was just a joke and the Denver and Philly mints have nothing to do with it, it is an independant mint that made a few of these. have you seen what happened after the EU was created?

i bet terrorists, crack dealers and producers are feeling safer now that the war on roids is all out.

All this bs is not only a distraction, but a deception. The average Joe has no clue as to any of the realities of enhancement agents. The morality fuckers are most certainly a huge problem but you've also got the mightier than thou liberals. The president of Iran (love to see their voting machines!) is being allowed to speak at Columbia University. Bin laden sucks but this guy's certifiable. Freedom of speech? Don't think this is what the founding fathers had in mind. Time for the mindless sheep that is the sad majority to pull their collective heads out of their collective asses. And why the fuck does anyone give a shit about Brittney, Paris et al? Perhaps the "journalists" should go back to being just that.

the religious right and the family values people etc.

These people seem to be consumed by the notion that somebody, somewhere, is enjoying themselves:D

Last edited:
originally written by some pencil necked sports psychologist from the article
"There is never a reason to put your hands on anyone."

I could think of a few:D

Heh, we've been through this in the USSR. Bodybuilding was actually declared as an immoral, pointless and a sport influenced by the "capitalist culture", so it was banned, as well as some forms of martial arts. Didnt stop people from working out in their basements though.
Beats me though how your supposedly "free nation" puts up with this kind of shit.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws