over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All cable arm workout...

MR.BICEPS

Banned
Anyone tried an all cable arm workout?

I have just switched over to this method for a temporary change of pace and my arms got a nice pump and are a little sore to the touch.

The advantage was continous tension throughout the full range of motion.

Dave Palumbo for one swears by this method as it made his arms grow more so than free weights. Dave does six sets once per week inside a cable station. I did about 10 sets and my bi-s and tris were on fire. :D

Cables

The cables are very versatile,I like them alot.Vince Taylor supposedly used alot of cable work in his days,maybe Lats knows the story.

My favorite cable exercise is lying on my back on the floor of the cable station,using a cambered bar on the lower pulley and curling the stack.My feet are pressed up against the bottom portion of the machine.Its very intense and constant tension.The pumps are really good with this.

is lying on the floor keeping your back in correct posture? i would ask you why not do the same while standing but i can see how lying down would keep from the back swaying and cheating. is this why you do it?

|--[\\\]>------------ BN is just trying to look up the shorts of all the guys around him...LOL

damn BN come outta the woodwork
i used this curl b4 and i like it, it hits different i think cuz its a different pulley angle
frk

I have done the lying cable curls like BN is talking about...really liked 'em. I also like doing lying curls pulling from the overhead pulley straight down to the forehead. Might be time to return to these movements.

Balplayer

Yea,it keeps you from swinging.My back is not totally flat on the floor,its alittle lifted.This allows me on the last 1 or 2 reps to lean back with the weight.It really allows a deep burn.Thats why I always stress proper cheating on curls.Since I cheat alittle more on barbell curls,this cable exercise takes that away,and allows full concentration.

On standing barbell curls,of course I will swing alittle.But I keep constant focus on flexing the bi's up,not my back.This along with a slower negative keeps tension on the muscle.Im using 185lbs,so some swinging is inevitable,but its effective.

I had some skinny motherfucker watch me curl one day.I saw him watching in the mirror.Im blasting away,fucking jacked up,veins popping and I put the bar down after my last rep.This little prick,maybe 14 inch arms,comes over and says "you know,all that swinging is not good,you will build bigger arms with lighter weight and stricter form" LOL I looked at him and said "how big are your arms?" He didnt know what to say.I was like "I think I know what Im doing,thank you" and I did a little flex,haha.Fucker never bothered me again.....

LOL sounds like the personal trainers at my gym..know it alls with no muscle to back it up.

Vince Taylor Arms

BALDNAZI said:
The cables are very versatile,I like them alot.Vince Taylor supposedly used alot of cable work in his days,maybe Lats knows the story.

Hey BN,
I met Vince at the 2002 Mr O and we hung out a bit and I've spoken to him on the phone quite a few times about training. He told me for biceps he does Straight bar curls, Dumbell Hammer Curls, dumbell concentration curls and a one arm cable curl on the seated row he keeps the working arm straight out in front of him and curls the handle to his forehead. For tri's it was all cables:

One arm standing tricep extension with the top pulley on the xover cables. Facing away from the pulley, standing upright with elbow straight out in front (like a one arm standing nosebreaker almost). He also uses both regular and reverse grip on these for a few sets.

One arm overhead cable extension. Standing with back to low pulley on xover cables start with elbow pointed straight up and hand behind neck and extend arm straight up. He also uses both regular and reverse grip on these as well.

One arm cable pushdowns (reg and reverse grip here also)

Cross body "matadors" he stands in the center of the xover cables holding the handle of the cable across his body and his elbow pointion out to the side as if doint the pledge of allegience he then extends his arm out at the same angle as the cable crossing his body as if sweeping the red flag to the side as the bull goes by (his description).

He told me he used to do a lot of nose breakers and such but they really messed up his elbows. The guy is totally riddled with injuries. He said he needs high volume because he just cant train heavy anymore. He also said he grows so easy that he barely eats a lot of the time forgetting meals and he actually doesn't like working out. He'd rather be drinking a beer.

Nice to have genetics.

Like most things I think its good to mix it up. I do the heavy bar or dumbells standing first.
Then go to cables-either straight bar or single arm cables with both arms at once. Do some sets heavy and some for reps. The rep sets rock.
Cables require even more stabilization then free weights.
I use them alot for front and side raises too (delts)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws