over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

always trying to clear throat

cooper250

Registered
seems like im always trying to clear my throat espeacialy durring exercise.anyone else have this problem???????just curious as ive had this for around 3yrs. and cant shake it.

seems like im always trying to clear my throat espeacialy durring exercise.anyone else have this problem???????just curious as ive had this for around 3yrs. and cant shake it.

Did you ever think it may be a heart problem? Have you seen a Doctor about this?

do you dip or chew? if so thats not good.

most likely

post nasal drip. should clear up with a steroidal nasal spray like nasocort.

I have the same problem. Mine is allergy related, and the lungs produce phlegm as they get irritated.

A prescription for Singulair helped me out a bit. Also getting rid of my bedroom humidifier made a huge difference as well, as I'm allergic to molds.

bloody annoting had it for aboit 15 years now. always trying to get rid of that stuff at the back of the throat all too often.

It would be a good idea to minimize dairy in your diet as it might be creating some extra phlem. I don't think I have ever typed that word before just now.

thx for all the replys,i to have thought of stopping dairy as i eat and drink alot of it.also i do have bad allergies so could be a constant nasal drip as was mentioned.heart is fine checked all that already.well try some of the above suggestions.thx

This is a common symptom of G.E.R.D.

Do you find that you cough a little after a meal?

I Had this as well and went to my ENT and had him test me for a lot of sinus issues they are fidning are fungas releated. I came back positive for a fungas sinus issue and ever since I have gotten my script for the anti fungas rinse I no longer have the problem.....

This is a common symptom of G.E.R.D.
Do you find that you cough a little after a meal?
I cough up a bit of stuff after most meals, but it comes from my lungs. I checked out the other symptoms of GERD and I those don't really apply to me. Got any more info?

I think Tom may have nailed it - I have the same problem and it's persisted since I can remember. I've had it forever, but in high school I had some tumors removed that had completely impacted my sinus cavities, and although the surgery helped, I've continued to have horrible post nasal drip since. I literally clear my throat all day - and especially when working out. The steroidal nasal sprays help - and I don't mean the tren nasal sprays!

Here's some info I found, Cooper: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Respiratory-Disorders/Constant-throat-clearing/show/282990

I'm sick and tired of having this problem. I'm going to see a Ear, Nose and Throat doctor to try to pinpoint which of the 4 likely causes it is.

I think Tom may have nailed it - I have the same problem and it's persisted since I can remember. I've had it forever, but in high school I had some tumors removed that had completely impacted my sinus cavities, and although the surgery helped, I've continued to have horrible post nasal drip since. I literally clear my throat all day - and especially when working out. The steroidal nasal sprays help - and I don't mean the tren nasal sprays!

Che, is it obvious if the problem is post nasal drip? I often have a runny nose, but I can't tell if it is running down my throat or not.

I'm an project manager for a highway construction company - not a doctor:rolleyes:...but this is something I've dealt with now for so long and I know a lot of people with this problem. Your ENT doctor will know what's going on since this is extremely common.

I'd be pretty darn sure that it's post nasal drip. You really don't feel anything going down the back of your throat, like a runny nose for example. It's mainly the constant accumulation of mucus which then causes you to clear your throat constantly. You'll also have a runny nose more often than not, so I'm also blowing my nose like I have some sort of coke problem. There aren't any health implications with this, but it's annoying for you and probably your significant other. Either way, he'll look in your nose and in your throat and most likely prescribe some steroidal spray which can be helpful. I don't use the spray anymore simply because I don't want to take it the rest of my life. I just deal with the annoyance of clearing my throat. If that's what he prescribes, though, give it a try and see how it helps. Decongestants work very well, but you'll need the kind with pseudoephedrine rather than the new gargage they put in the medicine.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear