over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Am I doing something wrong?

curls-for-girls

Registered
So i've been training with the DC style for a couple of months now. (I know it has not been that long) I have been following the program very accurately and have even been keeping a training log book. The problem is that i feel like my muscles are flat and I am losing strength. I don't know what the heck im doing wrong? :confused:

uhh...you might want to provide the readers with more information on what exactly you are doing, eating, stats, etc????;)

You might want to list your stats and then an outline of what you are eating each day:)

BMJ

6'1'' 200lbs. 15%BF... Diet is not scientific or anything, I eat a lot of clean food it pretty much all i eat is chicken breast, lean steak, tuna, egg whites, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, banana, and a whey isolate protein.

Just looking at your diet I'd say you need to eat more fat. Increased dietary fat will increase strength.

I felt the exact same way when I trained like that. Couldn't figure out why.. maybe b/c I was used to training a bit higher volume.. more pumped, etc but other than a couple days I never really felt "big" while doing it.

Oh wait I didn't see the part about losing strength.. my strength was increasing steadily I just never felt big.. almost always flat (except for after doing certain extreme stretches).

I think it was mostly mental for me - realized that too... I just wasn't really enjoying it so I went back to what I was doing. Have to say though.. my strength was going up steadily so it had to be working.

I'll prob be hated for this one

I bet I piss a few people off by saying this but.....

I did DC for several months too. Was liking it too. But I noticed the SAME thing as you are saying happening to me. So I went back to that other board where DC reigns supreme and NOTICED SOMETHING that slipped past me before: While SOME of the DC guys are solid, high-quality looking bodybuilders, the VAST MAJORITY of DC devotees are just big, huge lug looking guys. No definition what-so-ever. Even the main man, Dante, though huge, once wrote, and I quote as best I can remember, that "some kids at the gym seeing his huge arms asked him to flex for them. So he throws up a bicep shot and the kids still say 'ok, now flex.'" His arms are so smooth that even when he flexes them no one can hardly tell! And he's not covered with blubber either. The fat, I believe, is marbled IN his muscles, like Prime Beef, like this picture: https://media.photobucket.com/image...f/thirdeye2/Barbecue%208/rprprimebeefjpga.jpg

Look at a bunch of guy's avatars on that site and you'll see lots of big giant 35%plus bodyfat guys ( who THINK they are 15%). It's great to be strong and weigh 300 pounds, but if you have to lose 100 pounds to see a little bicep definition, I'll pass! I can't speak with ultimate authority but I believe that the DC training and eating style adds a lot of intramuscular fat.

I went from 219 to 247 doing DC in about 6 months. I got stronger than ever and all my measurements were their biggest ever. But I missed getting good pumps, really blasting a bodypart, and looking like a bodybuilder (rather than just a hulk). So I started cutting and switched to my good old Draper-style workouts with a little FST-7 style pumping added in. I'm now back down to 215 and I look and FEEL way better. I'm not sure I gained any useful muscle mass from DC. Like I said, I think it might have been mostly intramuscular fat. When a DC guy calls himself "Prime Beef" he probably doesn't realize that "prime beef must contain no less than 8 percent INTRAMUSCULAR fat!"

DC is, in my opinion now, is just for becoming a bulk monster. Sorry DC guys.

Last edited:
didnt dante advise you not to use the DC method? youd think that his would be the word to follow on this one man..

i don't fallow trends of any kind, if dc is not working for you, why the hell do you keep doing it? are you hoping that some how as if by magic it will just start working for you? has other styles of training worked for you in the past? if so why no do what works best for you! i remember how some one [it may be you] said that ketogenic diet works great for him but that its not in fashion any more and i'm thinking wtf if it works great for you why not do it? some of the shit you guys do just does not make any sense!

Diet will dictate whether you look bulky or cut - not the training.

I bet I piss a few people off by saying this but.....

I did DC for several months too. Was liking it too. But I noticed the SAME thing as you are saying happening to me. So I went back to that other board where DC reigns supreme and NOTICED SOMETHING that slipped past me before: While SOME of the DC guys are solid, high-quality looking bodybuilders, the VAST MAJORITY of DC devotees are just big, huge lug looking guys. No definition what-so-ever. Even the main man, Dante, though huge, once wrote, and I quote as best I can remember, that "some kids at the gym seeing his huge arms asked him to flex for them. So he throws up a bicep shot and the kids still say 'ok, now flex.'" His arms are so smooth that even when he flexes them no one can hardly tell! And he's not covered with blubber either. The fat, I believe, is marbled IN his muscles, like Prime Beef, like this picture: Picture of marbled prime beef image by thirdeye2 on Photobucket

Look at a bunch of guy's avatars on that site and you'll see lots of big giant 35%plus bodyfat guys ( who THINK they are 15%). It's great to be strong and weigh 300 pounds, but if you have to lose 100 pounds to see a little bicep definition, I'll pass! I can't speak with ultimate authority but I believe that the DC training and eating style adds a lot of intramuscular fat.

I went from 219 to 247 doing DC in about 6 months. I got stronger than ever and all my measurements were their biggest ever. But I missed getting good pumps, really blasting a bodypart, and looking like a bodybuilder (rather than just a hulk). So I started cutting and switched to my good old Draper-style workouts with a little FST-7 style pumping added in. I'm now back down to 215 and I look and FEEL way better. I'm not sure I gained any useful muscle mass from DC. Like I said, I think it might have been mostly intramuscular fat. When a DC guy calls himself "Prime Beef" he probably doesn't realize that "prime beef must contain no less than 8 percent INTRAMUSCULAR fat!"

LOL the idea that a type of training would make you store fat intramuscular is absolutely laughable.

DC has no way of making people fat, people just tend to be fat because they get stronger faster that way.

So i've been training with the DC style for a couple of months now. (I know it has not been that long) I have been following the program very accurately and have even been keeping a training log book. The problem is that i feel like my muscles are flat and I am losing strength. I don't know what the heck im doing wrong? :confused:

Losing strength? Yes you are doing something wrong.

Post your program/rp structure.

yeah, your not eating enough

Even the main man, Dante, though huge, once wrote, and I quote as best I can remember, that "some kids at the gym seeing his huge arms asked him to flex for them. So he throws up a bicep shot and the kids still say 'ok, now flex.'" His arms are so smooth that even when he flexes them no one can hardly tell! And he's not covered with blubber either. The fat, I believe, is marbled IN his muscles, like Prime Beef, like this picture: Picture of marbled prime beef image by thirdeye2 on Photobucket

LOL.... That post(which you I guess quit reading at that point) was him making fun of his own biceps genetics and lack of a peak.

Body Fat=diet/cardio issue... not training.

Curls-for-gurls... do something else then if you don't like training this way

its all the marbling that makes the flavor, least thats what she tells me :p

I can't even believe this part lol.

You went from 219-247 in 6 months and gained a ton of body fat(since you are back down to 215) and think it was a TRAINING PROGRAMS FAULT? I would ask you questions regarding diet/cardio and all that but... I don't care.

I'm going to do my best to avoid reading this thread ever...ever again. I'm 10% or lower body fat percentage wise and I DC trained the whole way down from a good 18-20%. Why? Cause I got my ass in gear diet/cardio wise by hiring Shelby, not by switching to a volume training program.

I was fat while I trained Phils style(not under Phil-make that clear)... does that mean his program made me that way or my dietary discipline just sucked at the time?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws