over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Am I overtraining?

JARUEL

Registered
This may be a stupid question, But I am looking for new ways to grow and mature in our sport. I have a common disease that most of us on this forum have called CANT-KEEP-MY-ASS-OUT-OF-THE-GYM-ITIS, and my question is about over training. this is my workout split, any input would be helpful.

Monday - back

Tuesday - chest

Wednesday - legs

Thursday - shoulders

Friday - arms

Saturday -back

Sunday - chest

and so on

Would this be considered over training to some? I have done it like this for a while and have maybe felt just a little that I am not at my potential due to this kind of training.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys and keep up the great work!:headbang:

and cardio mon, wed, and friday first thing a.m. fasted

Last edited:
Well i see no rest days so unless you're genetic super human yes, or training at less than full potential at least. I never train for 2 days after legs or deadlifts if i can help it as even chest or shoulders the full strength isn't there or is a lot harder to tap at least. If i train hard 3 days in a row with legs being the last of the 3 i feel like absolute shit the next day. I bet if you had 3 days of no lifting the weights would suddenly feel a lot lighter. I do understand where you're coming from i love being in the gym but not at the expense of gains

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
if you trained like me????........

yes, you would be overtraining

but you train like YOU.....i have no idea

:cool:

I think so. You don't have any down time in which to recover and grow. You need at least 2 days per week with no gym time. Do you have any interests outside the gym? Photography, hiking, painting, carpentry, astronomy etc.?

I think so. You don't have any down time in which to recover and grow. You need at least 2 days per week with no gym time. Do you have any interests outside the gym? Photography, hiking, painting, carpentry, astronomy etc.?

Chasing women and drinking, nah just kidding it has just been such a staple in my life its such a routine that i dont make plans for anything else, guess i need to

How long have you been training 7 days a week?

Chasing women and drinking, nah just kidding it has just been such a staple in my life its such a routine that i dont make plans for anything else, guess i need to

I have the exact oppositve problem. There are so many fulfulling things I love to do that I always have to chose between them and the gym. In warmer season I only go 3 days a week in the winter 4 or 5.

Like my dad once told me, I know Im going to be working out for my whole life, so If I have to miss a day here or there to experience something, in the long run, it wont make a difference in my body.

You need to have other interests, unless you plan on making a living out of this. To your original question, I believe you are over training. I am nobody special, but do realize that it doesn't take a Mr Olympia to know that you need time off to grow. That is when your body repairs itself. Your CNS has to be absolutely fried.

How long have you been training 7 days a week?[

I have a little girl so on the weekends that i have her I miss the saturday and sunday training, and always feel like i left something on the table for missing those 2 workouts. But I have been training like this, obviously when I can, for as long as i can remember.

Well I know if I trained 6-7 days straight for say at least a month, I'd be taxed and be counterproductive to making any progress.

There's more to life my friend than training day in and day out.

You need to have other interests, unless you plan on making a living out of this. To your original question, I believe you are over training. I am nobody special, but do realize that it doesn't take a Mr Olympia to know that you need time off to grow. That is when your body repairs itself. Your CNS has to be absolutely fried.

Yeah my CNS is pretty cooked but its like an addiction being in the gym, But thats why im asking, There are some of the best and most informed guys on this board, guess i need to try to put together a training split to et adequate rest. i knew i was overdoing it :banghead:

Well I know if I trained 6-7 days straight for say at least a month, I'd be taxed and be counterproductive to making any progress.

There's more to life my friend than training day in and day out.

completely agree, just that the gym is my escape from everything, thats my "me time". i deal with people in my business every day and its mentally taxing, guess im trying to put my body thru the same stress

You need some rest days in there for sure. I usually take at least 2 days off a week, a day after legs and a day after back.

I used to train like that when I was like 18. I kept thinking more volume is better, more more more!

Now I never train more than 2 days in a row.
Create a 4 way split you like and try going 2 on 1 off for a while.

Ja,,, if your asking then your over training...\

many factors come into to play sleep... nutrition... goals..

your training style.. do you train to failure.. your rep ranges... your exercise selecton, your supplementation

It all affects recovery..

For example:

you have guys like ronnie coleman training 6 days a week ( never going to failure and training over 10 reps on all movements) keeping cns fresh

you have guys like dorian yates who train balls to the wall intesity taking every set to failure...

try different approaches ,, and assess your progress but allow it some time to actually make a calculated opinion.. then make adjustments again or keep with the routine ,,,

I will say not one person trains weights 7days a week, you can still be in the gym on off days do abs/ or a light walk on the treadmill if you need to be there to fresh your mind...

Ja,,, if your asking then your over training...\

many factors come into to play sleep... nutrition... goals..

your training style.. do you train to failure.. your rep ranges... your exercise selecton, your supplementation

It all affects recovery..

For example:

you have guys like ronnie coleman training 6 days a week ( never going to failure and training over 10 reps on all movements) keeping cns fresh

you have guys like dorian yates who train balls to the wall intesity taking every set to failure...

try different approaches ,, and assess your progress but allow it some time to actually make a calculated opinion.. then make adjustments again or keep with the routine ,,,

I will say not one person trains weights 7days a week, you can still be in the gym on off days do abs/ or a light walk on the treadmill if you need to be there to fresh your mind...

yeah roger that. i have been feeling like that for a while, just difficult to stay away. im going to try to incorporate a split and go from there
:headbang:

I don't think I train extremely intense, but I would be badly overtrained if I didn't have rest days. I make the most progress training every other day, I feel very fresh for each workout.

your training routine doesn't really make much sense

how can you train arms with intensity and then train back and chest right after?

you know that your arms are trained when you train back and chest right?

NO, you are NOT overtraining--unless you are under-EATING and under-SLEEPING! ;)

You can train each body part twice per week or even more, but you can't have ALL heavy days, which is fine. I've discovered that training a muscle while it is SORE with moderate/light weight actually promotes recovery and protein synthesis within the muscle and is a great way to gain mass.

Again, EAT BIG and SLEEP WELL if you are going to train that hard. I commend you though for being so dedicated in a time when everyone is brainwashed in to thinking that BUSTING THEIR ASS is "overtraining".:lightbulb:

NO, you are NOT overtraining--unless you are under-EATING and under-SLEEPING! ;)

You can train each body part twice per week or even more, but you can't have ALL heavy days, which is fine. I've discovered that training a muscle while it is SORE with moderate/light weight actually promotes recovery and protein synthesis within the muscle and is a great way to gain mass.

Again, EAT BIG and SLEEP WELL if you are going to train that hard. I commend you though for being so dedicated in a time when everyone is brainwashed in to thinking that BUSTING THEIR ASS is "overtraining".:lightbulb:

by your logic if i ate 20,000 calories per day 7 days a week and slept 14 hours a day i could train 20 times per week balls to the wall

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131