over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ameen Alai Indicted for Ibogaine-Related Death

That's interesting considering Haman's wife announced his death was due to pulmonary embolism from elbow joint surgery.

Haman was one of the most intelligent and successful IFBB pros and it's going to be quite sad if he indeed fell for Alai's bullshit. Anyone who listened to Alai speak in the last few years could tell he was shady as fuck and would say anything for a reaction.
Yes, I agree, it's pretty strange, considering all the youtubers reporting on this, including Dave Palumbo said his death was due to complications from the surgery for his elbow injury. I wonder what they'll say now and I wonder if Haman's wife was trying to protect both Andy and Ameen. The only thing I can think of is if there was a private autopsy done and if initially, the embolism was thought to be from something else but later it was found to be from Ibogaine or the related treatment. Here's a vid of Ameen and one of Paul Demayo's training partners talking about Ameen's Ibogaine protocol and how it helped him get off opioids.

That's interesting considering Haman's wife announced his death was due to pulmonary embolism from elbow joint surgery.

Haman was one of the most intelligent and successful IFBB pros and it's going to be quite sad if he indeed fell for Alai's bullshit. Anyone who listened to Alai speak in the last few years could tell he was shady as fuck and would say anything for a reaction.
I mean no disrespect here, like none whatsoever. Im not a buddy, or friend, and only recount my personal observations of Andy. Super smart dude, but quite the character.

That said, is it far fetched that he was trying to kick some habit? I mean those of y’all that seen him at expos over the years, the dude was over the top. Super nice guy, but reminded me of guys I know (addicts) with over the top personalities.

I’m sure it wasn’t an extreme addiction, but maybe something he did, and didn’t necessarily like doing to maintain his physique, or to keep up with the persona? Not getting into specifics, but you can get what I’m eluding to.

I know jack shit about this Armeen “guru”, but know what it’s like to try kicking habits, along with the lengths you’ll go through to keep it from your loved ones.

If someone is in the “industry” that can offer assistance that suits your narrative, you go with that first. In some sort of way, we all do it (think about it).

Not trying to get in a debate about this. Just throwing in my opinion on what I perceive as a possible addiction in some sort of fashion, regarding AH. If someone personally knows him and knows this to be false, I apologize in advance.

He wasn't "just helping a friend". He's been on podcasts before talking about the treatment he offers, how he coaches people through it. Was charging thousands for it. He had some popularity a few years ago being a self proclaimed diet guru, but after a couple years people figured out how full of bs was, so I guess this "treatment" he turned into a business as his main source of income. And don't kid yourself thinking he is some kind of nice guy trying to help people out of the goodness of his heart. He's one of the shadiest people in the "industry". A ugy with his own drug problems, constantly trying to scam people.

Exactly. When he first appeared on the scene I enjoyed some of his videos but it soon become obvious he was a complete phony. Leo has his own major issues but what he said about Ameen was spot on and he said about this last year. He was pissed with Ameen because he put Big Lenny on Ibogaine. How he did not die is surprising because he has severe heart issues to begin with and the reason Leo said to Ameen he could have died what did you think you were doing.

The guy who was Ameen's partner almost killed Armon Adibi and he tells the story in the last RX Muscle podcast on the subject. He stopped offering the service after he done that because he felt so guilty and was clearly completely unprepared for what happened and clueless in general about the dangers of ibogaine. The difference with Ameen is he is clearly a scam artist and money was more important to him so he carried on doing the ibogaine treatments even though he was putting people in danger doing so. Ameen's partner told Armon they only pay $300 for it and was offering his servives (look after him overnight) for $600 total but Armon paid closer to $1200 because he wanted him to stay longer etc. The difference with Ameen is he was asking people $20,000 for the same treatment and bullshitting people. I heard stories last year he would try and get as much money as possible and many couldn't afford it so he would lower his price but lot's of people paid $5,000-10,000 for his treatment that cost him $300.

Armon tells the story of having it done in Mexico as well but that time the right way in a hospital setting hooked up to equipment so if anything went wrong they could deal with it. Ibogaine is known for causing heart issues (arrhythmia etc) and the fact most use it when trying to come off very hard drugs means they are taking it in a very sensitive state. Ameen was literally ripping people offering a service to get them off hard drugs whilst he was an addict himself. This industry has some dodgy people in and as Airman stated he is one of the shadiest and supposedly he's been that ways for decades.

Yes, I agree, it's pretty strange, considering all the youtubers reporting on this, including Dave Palumbo said his death was due to complications from the surgery for his elbow injury. I wonder what they'll say now and I wonder if Haman's wife was trying to protect both Andy and Ameen. The only thing I can think of is if there was a private autopsy done and if initially, the embolism was thought to be from something else but later it was found to be from Ibogaine or the related treatment. Here's a vid of Ameen and one of Paul Demayo's training partners talking about Ameen's Ibogaine protocol and how it helped him get off opioids.

Paul was bumming money off people to buy drugs right up to the end.
One of my closest friends knew Paul well and got the phone calls.

I don't really trust anything Palumbo says, especially if inflammatory.

I have a feeling they will make an example out of him. He is fucked.

I have a feeling they will make an example out of him. He is fucked.
And while the certified criminals continue to kill millions the average person gets crucified!

100%. I'd say it's beyond shocking. Ameen was a total fraud in every sense of the word but not in the "I just rip people off way". The guy was off his rocker dangerous.

He wasn't "just helping a friend". He's been on podcasts before talking about the treatment he offers, how he coaches people through it. Was charging thousands for it. He had some popularity a few years ago being a self proclaimed diet guru, but after a couple years people figured out how full of bs was, so I guess this "treatment" he turned into a business as his main source of income. And don't kid yourself thinking he is some kind of nice guy trying to help people out of the goodness of his heart. He's one of the shadiest people in the "industry". A ugy with his own drug problems, constantly trying to scam people.
Wait... he's been on Podcasts promoting OFF-LABEL TREATMENTS WITH A FORBIDDEN SUBSTANCE?

I guess we know who this year's Darwinism-award goes to.

Crazy how seemingly intelligent people can have so much trust and faith in these snake oil salesmen/scammers. I remember many years back, a lawyer from Arizona Gained God like status online promoting Chinese peptides as the secret to longevity and physique. I wonder how many people spent hours scrolling darbtrues board when they could have got in an extra workout, hour sleep, or watched a movie. People thought because this guy had size he was some sort of healer who could help with addiction it appears. If anyone you know needs help please send them to a qualified doctor so they don't go to people like him

Crazy how seemingly intelligent people can have so much trust and faith in these snake oil salesmen/scammers. I remember many years back, a lawyer from Arizona Gained God like status online promoting Chinese peptides as the secret to longevity and physique. I wonder how many people spent hours scrolling darbtrues board when they could have got in an extra workout, hour sleep, or watched a movie. People thought because this guy had size he was some sort of healer who could help with addiction it appears. If anyone you know needs help please send them to a qualified doctor so they don't go to people like him
The thing is qb, when you're addicted to certain substances, all logical thinking goes out of the window and you become an easy victim for people like Ameen Alai.

Just look at what happened to so many geniuses throughout history when they got addicted... Sigmund Freud to Cocaine just to name one.

The thing is qb, when you're addicted to certain substances, all logical thinking goes out of the window and you become an easy victim for people like Ameen Alai.

Just look at what happened to so many geniuses throughout history when they got addicted... Sigmund Freud to Cocaine just to name one.

And addiction treatment in the U.S is almost useless.

I took care of sooo many vets. Every drug, every combination, every therapy, every halfway/rehab.

I can count on one hand how many I saw get clean and stay clean.

If I was addicted to meth and alcohol to the extent I’ve seen, and someone had a magical African shrub that has gotten people clean off one dose….but a possibility of death….I’m signing up.

It’s funny this thread came
Up. I’m wanting to go to a pretty nice Ibogaine clinic in Mexico and do some fellowship work next summer

There are a lot of comments in here saying “I wouldn’t trust Ameen; he is shady”.
People have gathered information from either podcasts, articles, personal experiences, etc… He may very well be a piece of shit.
But whoever hired him has the same responsibility to form their own opinion and make a decision. It’s the same with bodybuilding coaches.
To be charged for murder and potentially be in jail for life; I don’t agree with. Who ever hired him/ passed away they did not have to listen to him. Ameen did not have a gun to their head forcing them to do this.

The world pisses me off, life is fucking fragile and people need to realize this.
Don’t do drugs, don’t take steroids, don’t do anything that causes health issues and then that will eliminate a lot of problems people have. Common sense.

There are a lot of comments in here saying “I wouldn’t trust Ameen; he is shady”.
People have gathered information from either podcasts, articles, personal experiences, etc… He may very well be a piece of shit.
But whoever hired him has the same responsibility to form their own opinion and make a decision. It’s the same with bodybuilding coaches.
To be charged for murder and potentially be in jail for life; I don’t agree with. Who ever hired him/ passed away they did not have to listen to him. Ameen did not have a gun to their head forcing them to do this.

The world pisses me off, life is fucking fragile and people need to realize this.
Don’t do drugs, don’t take steroids, don’t do anything that causes health issues and then that will eliminate a lot of problems people have. Common sense.

Very true. Although you have to be as certain type of person to rip people off who are addicted to hard drugs and desperate to get off them. It's one thing to try and help them with good intentions but things fuck up compared to ripping them off and simply doing it to get as much money as possible. Even a large mark up is fine but the phrase scam artist comes to mind.

Granted we go through life and sometimes we meet fucked up people and they are twisted and often the most twisted are the loudest so they could tell everyone you are this and that and you are only a nice person. That may even happen twice but to happen throughout your life and from multiple sources is usually a giveaway that the person in hand is just dodgy. It's 2nd hand info but I have heard a lot about Ameen over the years and none of it is good. He has supposedly pulled off loads of scams and not just in bodybuilding circles.

People might say he is an addict and it changes people and that is true but you can only judge people on their actions. Maybe we are way off and yes most of us haven't met him but to me it's fairly obvious he is a phony. His own contest prep and documenting the results were laughable and showed no one should be going to him for bodybuilding advice.

And while the certified criminals continue to kill millions the average person gets crucified!
Calling Ameen "the average person" just so you can shoehorn your politics into this is a bit of a stretch, especially since he hasn't been "crucified" yet in any way.

Nothing that was said was too inflammatory about Paul. The whole episode was mostly an advertisement for Ameen's Ibogaine treatment. Paul's friend and training partner (also competed in the NPC) whom I have a feeling you might have crossed paths with in MA, successfully came off opioids with Ameen's help and that's mostly what the episode was about. In all the years I've ever heard Paul's name come up on Dave's shows, he's never really said anything bad about Paul.

I know this is an old post but indeed Ameen is a scumbag but I think besides him doing it for the money the ibogaine treatment does work on people for the most part it got Lenny off of tan ten tens and tranny hookers for “awhile anyway” lol he just had bad luck and allegedly the guy was suffering from something prior and the treatment probabsky didn’t help his issue any, and it’s a great law suit

Yeah Paul went down a bad path.. sad..

Doctors in the West are useless for treating drug addiction. Look at the relapse rate. My ex wife worked in a local Psych Clinic, mostly with addicts. According to the clinic's records, over 95% will relapse in the next year. I am not surprised that desperate addicts are seeking out fringe charlatans like Ameen in the hope of finally getting off the damn addiction. Desperation can overcome even the smartest and most intelligent man.

If doctors and official institutions functioned and did their jobs, there would be no room for charlatans to have a business.

Keep in mind that for decades bodybuilders were on the charlatans side with unorthodox diet and exercise recommendations. And yes, we have had (and we have and will have) our share of scammers, but many have also led the way in research and have been pioneers in many areas of knowledge about the human body.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws