over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Amusement park rides can be dangerous for large people

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered

Kids are getting really large, I've noticed it the past 10 years teaching. Much larger than when I was in high school during the 80s. This drop ride has a weight limit of 285 lbs. This 14 year old was 6 foot 5 inches tall and 340 lbs. Sounds like the harness came lose at the end of the ride when the car has to decelerate, and he fell out.

I think if you're over 285 lbs, it is a good idea to ask the workers what the maximum weight is. Terrible what happened to this young man. The article says" He said the 14-year-old who had aspirations to make it to the NFL had been turned away from other rides because of his size. "

I never got over 260 lbs. Have any of you really big guys ever been turned away from amusement park rides?

Kids are getting really large, I've noticed it the past 10 years teaching. Much larger than when I was in high school during the 80s. This drop ride has a weight limit of 285 lbs. This 14 year old was 6 foot 5 inches tall and 340 lbs. Sounds like the harness came lose at the end of the ride when the car has to decelerate, and he fell out.

I think if you're over 285 lbs, it is a good idea to ask the workers what the maximum weight is. Terrible what happened to this young man. The article says" He said the 14-year-old who had aspirations to make it to the NFL had been turned away from other rides because of his size. "

I never got over 260 lbs. Have any of you really big guys ever been turned away from amusement park rides?
At 265 I was never turned away from a ride, but there were 1 or two where I couldn’t comfortably secure myself, or it just didn’t feel safe. Little side note also, turns out as you get older you get dizzy easier, lol. I rode the stupid graviton at an amusement park because my boys wanted to, and I was dizzy and had a headache the rest of the day

I live about 15 minutes away from ICON park. Kids and I rode this ride a month ago. Watching that video shook me

At 265 I was never turned away from a ride, but there were 1 or two where I couldn’t comfortably secure myself, or it just didn’t feel safe. Little side note also, turns out as you get older you get dizzy easier, lol. I rode the stupid graviton at an amusement park because my boys wanted to, and I was dizzy and had a headache the rest of the day
Yeah, I never hit the weight limit, but did feel tight on some of the rides.

I can't ride most stuff now because of the risk to my heart.

I live about 15 minutes away from ICON park. Kids and I rode this ride a month ago. Watching that video shook me
I rode one similar to that back in the late 80s. It is scary to think about. We put a lot of trust in the park when we ride. I think if you weigh more than 285 lbs, you better really be careful on a lot of rides.

I saw this video last Friday before it was blurred out. The sound of him hitting the pavement is stuck in my head.

Poor fucking kid. Was huge, played football. So sad, no idea why they would allow him to go on. Ride operator should be charge with manslaughter.

Another thing that I've noticed but never really thought about until now is how young the staff is. Always HS students rushing through the securing process so the line can move faster.
Especially now, it's very difficult to find mature adults to work many jobs. Trucking outfits are fighting to be allowed to hire younger and younger drivers for their big rigs.

I saw this video last Friday before it was blurred out. The sound of him hitting the pavement is stuck in my head.

Poor fucking kid. Was huge, played football. So sad, no idea why they would allow him to go on. Ride operator should be charge with manslaughter.
It sounds like the shoulder harness maybe wasn't pushed down hard enough to the point where it clicks. It looked like it was fully down and latched but was not. Perhaps being 6 foot 5 tall was a bigger factor than his weight? The rules set for it are 285 lbs though. I wonder if it's safe for someone 6 foot 5 or taller but weighs under 285.

It sounds like the shoulder harness maybe wasn't pushed down hard enough to the point where it clicks. It looked like it was fully down and latched but was not. Perhaps being 6 foot 5 tall was a bigger factor than his weight? The rules set for it are 285 lbs though. I wonder if it's safe for someone 6 foot 5 or taller but weighs under 285.
I read that he realized at some point on the ride that his harness wasn’t fastened, and he told his friend to tell his parents he loves them

Ive been turned away AND i freakin turn away myselffff.
I live pretty close to several theme parks in CA and that shit is meant for the average US male...about 5'9 200lbs.
I have to be pretty ballsy to WANT to go on that.

but sad story, damn.

Ive been turned away AND i freakin turn away myselffff.
I live pretty close to several theme parks in CA and that shit is meant for the average US male...about 5'9 200lbs.
I have to be pretty ballsy to WANT to go on that.

but sad story, damn.
So is your weight up over 285?

Seems like the obesity trend in America is growing, not sure if it is around the world.

More processed junk food, more social media, Netflix, video games, not suprising to see why. Now you have video games designed to appeal to adults. Interesting that Japan has alot of video game obsessed but they don't have the same obesity issues, I guess genetics and diet?

Seems like the obesity trend in America is growing, not sure if it is around the world.
For sure... its so sad too. I mean yeah he was 6'5" but no way should he have been 300+ lbs. Look at his photos, the kid was very obese. I'm not implying that he deserved a death sentence for it, he's 14 for goodness sake. His parents should have taught him and provided better nutrition. The operator should have done his job and not let him get on the ride. Its just sad all around.

I dont think the harness came loose man, it was locked, just not in the most closed position possible. Look at the photo the shoulder restraint was never in the fully closed position due to his size and stomach getting in the way, looks like it could have went another 12" to be fully closed. The shoulder restraint is suppose to come all the way down and lock against the seat near your pelvic area. Here is a photo of him before he went up, his seat is NOWHERE near being fully closed, compared to the rider on the right side of the photo. He went up, the ride tilts you forward before dropping and he slipped right the fuck out due to his weight and laws of gravity.

IMO the ride operator should have never allowed him to get on the ride based on his size and weight, along with the seat not being fully closed to the pelvic area.

Attachments

• IMG_4438.jpg
    IMG_4438.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 45
If some one gets turned away sounds like a law suit for body shaming waiting to happen. Even if it was in the name of safety. Many would think that in America every ride should be made to accept any person no matter how large they are. As anything else could harm their self esteem.

I dont think the harness came loose man, it was locked, just not in the most closed position possible. Look at the photo the shoulder restraint was never in the fully closed position due to his size and stomach getting in the way, looks like it could have went another 12" to be fully closed. The shoulder restraint is suppose to come all the way down and lock against the seat near your pelvic area. Here is a photo of him before he went up, his seat is NOWHERE near being fully closed, compared to the rider on the right side of the photo. He went up, the ride tilts you forward before dropping and he slipped right the fuck out due to his weight and laws of gravity.

IMO the ride operator should have never allowed him to get on the ride based on his size and weight, along with the seat not being fully closed to the pelvic area.
To me that picture tells the story. Thanks for finding that.

I mean as long as they're put through the same training and learning as all other truckers I don't see an issue.

Why is it that mature adults don't want to work now?
Just going by all of the help wanted signs. Employers in the service industry are desperate now for workers. Pre pandemic it wasn't like that. Not really sure anyone can say definitively now why. It's that way though.

So is your weight up over 285?
it low 300s when i was rejected. But even then...this was my friends beggggin me to try and get on. I was already very hesitant, and the operator just confirmed it.

Even if i am under 285, these rides were not designed for the larger than average humans. Just like Honda Civics werent either and Smart Cars and allll that lol. Theres a reason Shaq doesnt get into small things. Maybe im just a scaredy cat but my alarm has always been on and stories like this just confirm it

So glad Im afraid of rides (heights/speed), but always nervous when my family goes on them. Poor kid...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear