advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do people blame insulin for fat gain?

BlueShocker

Registered
Newbies
I’ve never really understood this.

If a bodybuilder is on a low fat diet and using insulin with a few meals, or even lantus, why would it contribute to more fat accrual if not on it assuming diet is in place?

I was watching a video by Justin Harris where he even explains that if anything it’d keep you leaner due to it allowing more carbs to be stored as glycogen.

Because they are fat. You have to time things so the nutrient partition. Get you muscles responsive so they soke up the nutrients. Basically train hard around when you are going to put it in. You want your insulin sensitivity high, which means you want your lean tissues to take in the nutrients and not your fat cells.

I’ve never really understood this.

If a bodybuilder is on a low fat diet and using insulin with a few meals, or even lantus, why would it contribute to more fat accrual if not on it assuming diet is in place?

I was watching a video by Justin Harris where he even explains that if anything it’d keep you leaner due to it allowing more carbs to be stored as glycogen.
You can’t gain more than you eat. People say if you abuse insulin you’ll get fat.

It’s the opposite, if you use insulin to abuse food you will get fat.

You can’t gain more than you eat. People say if you abuse insulin you’ll get fat.

Right, but if you abuse food in any context you’ll get fat. Seems to me if anything insulin would help you stay leaner (only a small amount obviously) by better controlling bg and improving nutrient partitioning no?

Because they are fat. You have to time things so the nutrient partition. Get you muscles responsive so they soke up the nutrients. Basically train hard around when you are going to put it in. You want your insulin sensitivity high, which means you want your lean tissues to take in the nutrients and not your fat cells.
That makes sense, but then what would be the purpose of loading insulin in meals not during or after training (M1, pre workout meal etc) or using a long acting insulin?

By that logic wouldnt the ideal time just be dosing it post workout?

People blame everything but their "move the scale" mindset and poor diet for fat gain. "Guys check out my god tier bulking diet it's time to grow!!!"...months later "I'm 18% thinking of running dnp got a little fat need some tips"

Right, but if you abuse food in any context you’ll get fat. Seems to me if anything insulin would help you stay leaner (only a small amount obviously) by better controlling bg and improving nutrient partitioning no?
Depends on what and how much you are eating. Insulin is like putting a turbo or a super charger on an engine. Enhances the process, but you’d better know you’ll need more “clean” fuel.

Insulin will just accelerate getting fat if you’re eating garbage.

very few people probably have the need to use insulin. once your diet is set and your making progress you can at that point include insulin without making any dietary changes to see how it works out for you. insulin should map to your diet not the other way around. think about how a diabetic would use insulin.

many people start taking in more carbs with insulin and that is extra calories than they require leading to fat gain.

I believe this to be true (I am not a user) as people think they can eat as much as they want of whatever they want whenever they want because, just take enough insulin and we are good to go . . . good to go audition as the circus fat man.

That makes sense, but then what would be the purpose of loading insulin in meals not during or after training (M1, pre workout meal etc) or using a long acting insulin?

By that logic wouldnt the ideal time just be dosing it post workout?
You optimize metabolism so you are insulin sensitive. That's when the dose is effective as far as pushing nutrients into the lean tissues. High insulin sensitivity is related to insulin activity on the lean tissues. you do that by keeping the lean tissues looking for nutrition. That's the main objective. Insulin purpose is nutrient import. Where do you want import? Not fat right? so you activate the lean tissues for insulin sensitivity and nutrient import where you want tissue built.

I believe this to be true (I am not a user) as people think they can eat as much as they want of whatever they whenever they want because, just take enough insulin and we are good to go . . . good to go audition as the circus fat man.
I have a couple gym bros that shouldn’t even be using the gear they’re using that wanted to use insulin because, well, they just heard “it’s what the pros do.”

So they started shooting slin preworkout and then eating a couple bags of gummy bears every workout “to cover the slin, bro,” on top of their normal diet (lol).

It played out like you expect from physique wise.

I have a couple gym bros that shouldn’t even be using the gear they’re using that wanted to use insulin because, well, they just heard “it’s what the pros do.”

So they started shooting slin preworkout and then eating a couple bags of gummy bears every workout “to cover the slin, bro,” on top of their normal diet (lol).

It played out like you expect from physique wise.

What really irks me, is that ignorance/stupidity related to insulin use is un-excusable.

Edit was too slow:

Pick up a human physiology book. Everything you could ever need to know regarding insulin use is right there. Thousands of pub med articles written on every aspect of the different insulins, the MOA, the downstream effects. Thousands of articles on insulin resistance, insulin sensitivity, type 1& 2 diabetes.

Not knowing how to run trest+ralox+ p5p + aromasin is excusable…..there is no textbooks on surviving chemical nuclear warfare to grow delts and hams at any cost.

Edit was too slow:

Pick up a human physiology book. Everything you could ever need to know regarding insulin use is right there. Thousands of pub med articles written on every aspect of the different insulins, the MOA, the downstream effects. Thousands of articles on insulin resistance, insulin sensitivity, type 1& 2 diabetes.

Not knowing how to run trest+ralox+ p5p + aromasin is excusable…..there is no textbooks on surviving chemical nuclear warfare to grow delts and hams at any cost.
Yeah man, I hear ya. I don’t ever talk gear with people I meet at the gym. There’s a couple rare exceptions, but for the most part when I’ve talked about PEDs in the gym it devolves into:

- Them asking me my opinion on tren

- me raging at their stupidity but not having patience to explain (and not sending them
here, I don’t want trash polluting the board)

- them talking excitedly about tren

- them asking me “can I get your plug bro”

- them showing me pics of their tren vials at home

- them talking about the cheeseburgers and fries they’re eating after since “the gear makes everything you eat muscle but burns your fat for energy too”

Yeah man, I hear ya. I don’t ever talk gear with people I meet at the gym. There’s a couple rare exceptions, but for the most part when I’ve talked about PEDs in the gym it devolves into:

- Them asking me my opinion on tren

- me raging at their stupidity but not having patience to explain (and not sending them
here, I don’t want trash polluting the board)

- them talking excitedly about tren

- them asking me “can I get your plug bro”

- them showing me pics of their tren vials at home

- them talking about the cheeseburgers and fries they’re eating after since “the gear makes everything you eat muscle but burns your fat for energy too”
Why is it always tren and slin… every time. I had to stop drinking liquids from a shaker because every 5 min a new bro would ask “yo you do slin.”

If you’re jacked it’s because of tren or slin in the world or gym bros.

Some days I just say “sure” because you have to let nature run its course. God knows they wouldn’t believe that it’s literally EAA’s in my shaker most of the year. 😂

Why is it always tren and slin… every time. I had to stop drinking liquids from a shaker because every 5 min a new bro would ask “yo you do slin.”

If you’re jacked it’s because of tren or slin in the world or gym bros.

Some days I just say “sure” because you have to let nature run its course. God knows they wouldn’t believe that it’s literally EAA’s in my shaker most of the year. 😂
Lol yeah man. I draw the line at recommending DNP, but if a dude asks me shit like “hey bro I’m running Anadrol and Superdrol right now, no test since I don’t want to mess up my natty test ya know? Good strategy right?” I just nod and say “yeah man that’s a new strategy man let me know how it goes!”

…and then I chuckle internally

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity