over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do competitors gate keep Steroids?

I will give my honest thoughts here...

You can do as you please, you do you boo, but what I cant stand is when 5'8 motherfuckers 180lbs soaking wet taking multi grams of gear want to come on PROFESSIONAL muscle and give advice....LOL like GTFOH! sit your ass down, read and learn!

Just being honest 🤷🏿 😌

Couldn’t? Or couldn’t yet? I love being told I can’t. My journey started alittle over a year ago. The 11 years prior drugs and alcohol controlled me and I hated myself for it, vicious cycle. I’m not sure if I’ll be successful or not but one thing I’m going to do is try with everything I have in me. My whole life I didn’t think I could either, but I just couldn’t yet. I’m here to prove I can to myself and my family not you lol but I appreciate the motivation. So yes when I do win a stupid plastic trophy it will mean more to me than just that. Just as I’m sure it means more to most.
Yea you should definitely that was the point of my whole post. I totally think YOU SHOULD, that’s very different than saying I could and would win but I just don’t. It’s life changing and very addictive but don’t do it for anyone but yourself.

Re: 10%

I'm probably around 11-12% and get compliments any time I step out. Grocery store. Gas. Whatever.
Went to an open sparring session yesterday to a gym I hadn't been to in about 3months. Everyone commented on how much leaner and 'more muscular' I've gotten.
I'm also much taller than general pop. So there's that too.
Was at the airport last week and had a former NFL lineman tell me I make him look small and complimented me on my dedication.
So stage lean is one thing. General pop lean is another.
Congrats on the weight loss. If getting comments at 10-11, imagine what they will say when you start pushing into single digets. You'll probably look bigger too!

Hey, personal freedom is all about regaining control of your decision-making process, recognizing your self-worth, and breaking free from the influence of other people's opinions that shape our actions and thoughts while determining our personal self worth. Who cares what others think? I believe we should let the free rock climber use whatever tools he needs for his hobby, or anyone else for that matter. If he wants to juice let the dude juice, or anyone in any realm, just honor it and do it responsibly

steroids have TONS of uses. its multifaceted

How many times has this topic been discussed on this board?

In any case, in most sports, amateur recreative athletes who do not compete are not taking PEDs. Therefore, the use of PEDs is justified, in general terms, for those who 1 compete, and 2 want to reach a high level in some chosen sport.

But our sport or culture is different because we don't even want or have drug testing at the pro shows.

Anyone can use gear but it is accepted as more rational or justified use for those who have been lifting for years, have had a breakthrough first as nattys for a while, have gone to the dark side and are getting ready to compete.

I will give my honest thoughts here...

You can do as you please, you do you boo, but what I cant stand is when 5'8 motherfuckers 180lbs soaking wet taking multi grams of gear want to come on PROFESSIONAL muscle and give advice....LOL like GTFOH! sit your ass down, read and learn!

Just being honest 🤷🏿 😌
THIS :love:

I came to PM almost 14 years ago to learn from pros and the best of the best amateur level BBers....not get advice from some semi-lean guy at a local gym who loves blasting tren all year. Matt Porter, Phil, JM, Dante, Viz, Dr. Scott, tonnns more....not the recreational lean but not-lean-enough-to-get-onstage guy who thinks he knows what he's talking about.

THIS :love:

I came to PM almost 14 years ago to learn from pros and the best of the best amateur level BBers....not get advice from some semi-lean guy at a local gym who loves blasting tren all year. Matt Porter, Phil, JM, Dante, Viz, Dr. Scott, tonnns more....not the recreational lean but not-lean-enough-to-get-onstage guy who thinks he knows what he's talking about.
I like your post for sure but most the guys giving advice, if not all, are legit dudes. There are others, especially competitors, who share experiences and a lot of “what are you taking” threads where everyone chimes in but aren’t handing out actual cycles. In the last few years I’ve started staking Synthetine, NAC, humanofort, and nattokinasie from various posts on this board and am about to start slin properly. All of which I’m glad I’m taking and feel its been beneficial. Dont get me wrong I’m not arguing with you I just see that most of the direct ped advice is coming from legit dudes who are also seeming to be well read as well.

I like your post for sure but most the guys giving advice, if not all, are legit dudes. There are others, especially competitors, who share experiences and a lot of “what are you taking” threads where everyone chimes in but aren’t handing out actual cycles. In the last few years I’ve started staking Synthetine, NAC, humanofort, and nattokinasie from various posts on this board and am about to start slin properly. All of which I’m glad I’m taking and feel its been beneficial. Dont get me wrong I’m not arguing with you I just see that most of the direct ped advice is coming from legit dudes who are also seeming to be well read as well.
Of course, this is no shots at anyone. Most of the vets are nice legit dudes. But PM is different than it once was, hell people don’t go on boards anymore. We are a slim group here lol Because of that it’s turned from listening to the biggest baddest dude at Bevs or Golds Venice, listening to the baddest dude at a local LA fitness now. My point was more, “I don’t want to hear how to be a mutant from a dude who looks NOTHING like a mutant.” I’ll prepare myself for the, “well not everyone wants to be a mutant” comments lol. Whether you get on stage or not, your goal should be to LOOK like you are a BBer, then politely say, “no, the stage was never for me.”

Of course, this is no shots at anyone. Most of the vets are nice legit dudes. But PM is different than it once was, hell people don’t go on boards anymore. We are a slim group here lol Because of that it’s turned from listening to the biggest baddest dude at Bevs or Golds Venice, listening to the baddest dude at a local LA fitness now. My point was more, “I don’t want to hear how to be a mutant from a dude who looks NOTHING like a mutant.” I’ll prepare myself for the, “well not everyone wants to be a mutant” comments lol. Whether you get on stage or not, your goal should be to LOOK like you are a BBer, then politely say, “no, the stage was never for me.”
Agreed and it didn’t come off as a shot but i appreciate that we are being polite, sometimes that goes on here which is the only thing I don’t like. I still want to be a freak at 45 and hopefully til 50 then I know I gotta get under 200 or die lol. LA fitness what a shit show, 24 hour too filled with frat boys filming themselves one rep 225 🤯. When I first got around truly big guys I think it was Titus that said I don’t want to look good or relatable, I want small children to sit in my shadow on a hot day. That’s always been my point of reference and favorite saying. Freak is the best word for it. My father one Christmas pulled me aside he said “son your mother and I have talked and we are concerned, I was like ok what, we saw your facebook posts and we thought you were photoshopping your pictures particularly of your arms, (which are big but no one here would be blown away), you’re just too big and it’s not ok.” Now I grew up a bit chubby and he would not let me eat dinner etc. prolly how I became dysmorphic, I looked at my dad and said “you meant to upset me but that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me” lol he was not happy but I to this day am thrilled with it. This forum is hardcore. I started on GetBig and now it’s all pussies. The avg age on here I bet is 40 and it’s a haven for us who would rather be here than insta or Tik Tok simping for likes

If there is or was something epic about bodybuilding is that bodybuilders didn't choose this activity for the money or popularity, but for the passion and drive to be the best.

But now its more justified to use PEDs and take risks, only if you get fame and money, or more sex... like the social media influencers.

It's a total change of mentality, in the first group would be all the athletes of the past whose maximum recognition outside of pure competition would be to appear on a magazine cover. All of them would like to win prizes and have good sponsorships, but that was never the main incentive, it was a collateral consequence of being a great competitor.

This is no longer very common, most PED users do not compete nor do they wish to do so, their goal in life is to be admired on social media.

The point is this, ever since the Greek Olympic games, humans have sought to achieve immortality through incredible feats. That's why Dorian, Haney, Dexter, Coleman are in history, while Rich Piana and all those instagramers who are dying almost every month, will be instantly forgotten.

Couldn’t? Or couldn’t yet? I love being told I can’t. My journey started alittle over a year ago. The 11 years prior drugs and alcohol controlled me and I hated myself for it, vicious cycle. I’m not sure if I’ll be successful or not but one thing I’m going to do is try with everything I have in me. My whole life I didn’t think I could either, but I just couldn’t yet. I’m here to prove I can to myself and my family not you lol but I appreciate the motivation. So yes when I do win a stupid plastic trophy it will mean more to me than just that. Just as I’m sure it means more to most.
Most guys on here and serious competitive bodybuilders don’t compete for trophy’s, like you- this is personal and you’re doing it for your own reasons which is an awesome story. I hope more turn to bodybuilding instead of other outlets as you have done.

@pimpman, @b-boy and @marssel are just keeping it real which I think is great as it’s the PM that I know and remember when I joined in 2007. I was a skinny ass white kid who wrestled state at 125 pounds then. I’ve posted transformation pics on other threads and still a work in progress.

But, they’re absolutely right as for years when I was a teen (pre- professional muscle) I thought it was impossible to get gear. I’d train with the biggest guy in my gym and ask him if he could help and he’d say “you don’t need gear, you’re young, it’s bad for you, etc.” looking back I was probably the only one who couldn’t find or get gear or guidance from someone at my local gyms. 🤣 I was a skinny ass bitch as CBUM says. I also knew most of them were juiced to hell as they’d told me, but I needed to accomplish it “naturally”’and through hard work. So I busted my ass for years naturally as a teen. It was also why my first real cycle was superdrol- because the local owned GNC sold me a case of it claiming “you’ll get all the gains of gear, side effect free.” 🤣🤣 I bought into it and blew up over night.

When I finally discovered PM it was the most eye opening thing I’ve ever seen in this sport. I thought “no way these guys are being this honest and this is real.”

16 years later- these guys were dead fucking serious. For years this place was so intimidating (in a good way) that I never wanted to post. I truly believed that unless I was an IFFB Pro or 250 plus pounds lean that I couldn’t/shouldn’t be posting here. Younger and new guys should take note of that and let it sink in…

I’m getting tired of saying it and know guys are tired of me saying it- the vets on this board are no bars held. No BS. Their advice, experience and cycles are real and younger, newer, smaller guys should STFU and listen.

This place is called professional muscle for a reason. 😎

Most guys on here and serious competitive bodybuilders don’t compete for trophy’s, like you- this is personal and you’re doing it for your own reasons which is an awesome story. I hope more turn to bodybuilding instead of other outlets as you have done.

@pimpman, @b-boy and @marssel are just keeping it real which I think is great as it’s the PM that I know and remember when I joined in 2007. I was a skinny ass white kid who wrestled state at 125 pounds then. I’ve posted transformation pics on other threads and still a work in progress.

But, they’re absolutely right as for years when I was a teen (pre- professional muscle) I thought it was impossible to get gear. I’d train with the biggest guy in my gym and ask him if he could help and he’d say “you don’t need gear, you’re young, it’s bad for you, etc.” looking back I was probably the only one who couldn’t find or get gear or guidance from someone at my local gyms. 🤣 I was a skinny ass bitch as CBUM says. I also knew most of them were juiced to hell as they’d told me, but I needed to accomplish it “naturally”’and through hard work. So I busted my ass for years naturally as a teen. It was also why my first real cycle was superdrol- because the local owned GNC sold me a case of it claiming “you’ll get all the gains of gear, side effect free.” 🤣🤣 I bought into it and blew up over night.

When I finally discovered PM it was the most eye opening thing I’ve ever seen in this sport. I thought “no way these guys are being this honest and this is real.”

16 years later- these guys were dead fucking serious. For years this place was so intimidating (in a good way) that I never wanted to post. I truly believed that unless I was an IFFB Pro or 250 plus pounds lean that I couldn’t/shouldn’t be posting here. Younger and new guys should take note of that and let it sink in…

I’m getting tired of saying it and know guys are tired of me saying it- the vets on this board are no bars held. No BS. Their advice, experience and cycles are real and younger, newer, smaller guys should STFU and listen.

This place is called “Professional” muscle for a reason.

I have had more than my fair share of Professional athletes under my labels
over the past 25 years. From IFBB and NPC to NFL and MLB!!

Obviously discretion is needed with the NFL/MLB/others but the competitors
in the customer base are always the ones to make sure to inform me to keep
our relationship private LOL! Any other Professional sport I have serviced over
the years, none have ever requested it, it was already an understood BUT the
IFBB Pros especially have always made it a point to express to me their concern
for others not knowing who and what they use.

I have been blessed over the years here though I will proudly admit! I have more
IFBB Pros attached to my threads than any one anywhere🤩🥳 Some of the Pros
on here have always shown me love under my labels! I Thank and Love all of them🥰

AB

This place is called professional muscle for a reason. 😎
all good points.. i will add this though.. if 'we' the gym-rat populace, just sit back, lurk, with no participation, then this board is a ghost town.
yeah we all recognize the 'heavy hitters' on this board.. but if we just wait for their posts and input, eventually board traffic will decline.
its the interaction among like-minded individuals thats really the appeal here. the cherry on top are the 'professionals' guiding the conversation and
keeping things on track and in perspective.
but without gym-rat joe, most of these boards will have NIL traffic.
no traffic, no sponsors. no reason to host a board.

all good points.. i will add this though.. if 'we' the gym-rat populace, just sit back, lurk, with no participation, then this board is a ghost town.
yeah we all recognize the 'heavy hitters' on this board.. but if we just wait for their posts and input, eventually board traffic will decline.
its the interaction among like-minded individuals thats really the appeal here. the cherry on top are the 'professionals' guiding the conversation and
keeping things on track and in perspective.
but without gym-rat joe, most of these boards will have NIL traffic.
no traffic, no sponsors. no reason to host a board.
Very fair point and for the record I think your post are great. As you said it’s how we and others learn.

IMO, it’s just when guys come on here asking for advice and input but have NO intent of hearing out the vets.

Don’t waste our time as most of us will help anyone truly looking to learn, but we also have NO gain or incentive from posting here trying to help others learn.

Again, not directed at you. I enjoy your post. If someone reads this and ask “is that me”… it’s probably you. 😂

Very fair point and for the record I think your post are great. As you said it’s how we and others learn.

IMO, it’s just when guys come on here asking for advice and input but have NO intent of hearing out the vets.

Don’t waste our time as most of us will help anyone truly looking to learn, but we also have NO gain or incentive from posting here trying to help others learn.

Again, not directed at you. I enjoy your post. If someone reads this and ask “is that me”… it’s probably you. 😂
Yea I’ve seen a lot of dudes ask for help and then not ask questions but argue with guys that have 3 decades or so in the game. Degrees and studies are good info but imo nothing tops living it especially when you live it and then coach hundreds of others so your info base is exponential and first hand. Shit it’s why Dan Duchaine is still relevant what 50 years after producing his little underground book, he literally expirmented on himself and dozens of others nothing beats real world application

I'm sorry if this may sound radical or anti-scientific, far from that intention, but studies are not worth much when it comes to bodybuilding because no university teaches the ins and outs of preparing for a bodybuilding show because this is not a sporting process where peak physical performance is sought, but an art where a specific look is sought. In addition, the use of PEDs is against the ethical rules governing sports and official academies of study.

How do you get a black belt in karate? You go to a teaching center called a gym, you don't go to a damn university.

And if we talk about strength sports such as powerlifting, strongman or weightlifting, it is exactly the same.

I'm sorry if this may sound radical or anti-scientific, far from that intention, but studies are not worth much when it comes to bodybuilding because no university teaches the ins and outs of preparing for a bodybuilding show because this is not a sporting process where peak physical performance is sought, but an art where a specific look is sought. In addition, the use of PEDs is against the ethical rules governing sports and official academies of study.

How do you get a black belt in karate? You go to a teaching center called a gym, you don't go to a damn university.

And if we talk about strength sports such as powerlifting, strongman or weightlifting, it is exactly the same.
No you’re on point bc even if it’s a great study I don’t think I’ve ever seen a dbl blind placebo controlled study with jacked guys on steroids let alone the same cycle and training protocols

Yea I think its a good to have a balance of both. I used to be a hardcore by the science guy. I'd scour pubmed for info and If there wasn't solid proven evidence for something I would dismiss it. Now we're seeing the science start to catch up to what the "bro's" already figured out. There's definitely still a lot of folklore in bodybuilding but there's also so much of it that hasn't been properly researched.

At least with powerlifting and weightlifting the programming is much more straight forward using progressive overload till you get to the elite stages of training.

Bodybuilding: high volume? Low volume? 5x5 or 4x8? O RIR or 2 RIR? Full Rom or partials? 1 Second or 3 second eccentric? Hit the muscle 1x or 3x/week? Barbell bench press or DB's for chest? Bodybuilding has so much to breakdown and individuality its fascinating.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws