advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do people blame insulin for fat gain?

Love your post on here as you always back with citations.
Thanks bro!
Question- do you think fat selection has any bearing on this- saturated fats vs mono. I.e. oils/almond butter vs a ribeye (as someone mentioned earlier).
Yes. Because saturated fats, especially along with high (especially refined, processed) carbohydrate & low fiber intakes, worsen insulin sensitivity.

Further, since insulin potently stimulates VLDL (very-low density lipoprotein; the worst, most atherosclerotic particles) synthesis by the liver, there is a cardiovascular disease risk rationale to limiting saturated fat intakes while using slin.
I personally believe how we (bodybuilders diet) that it wouldn’t be impactful as we calorie cycle. But know long term saturated fats (ribeye example) can increase insulin resistance.

Just curious your take on it. 😊

This is what I'm wondering. Supposedly insulin makes it hard for fat burning to occur, yet many take it pre cardio a few IU with fasted cardio to burn extra fat.

Is it helping or actually hurting? With us all knowing cico is $1 this seems like an advanced strategy for people trying to get the last but of fat off
It can only hurt in this case. If a guy really needs to "grow into the show" you can recomp using slin late into prep rationally because of its effects on IGF-I, but this, sort of "slin loading" to enhance fat loss with fasted cardio defeats its own purpose.

Lol
You know, not everything flying over your head is a Brit thing 🤣
You always flaunt an absurd memory and now you really don't get the reference?
Pshh i don’t flaunt shit

perhaps your humour isn’t as good as you believe

i have one recollection regarding a bunny

but that means you’d be weighing a diabetic obese male stripper named insulin against a homosexual male w aids wearing a bunny suit w a rear access hole

-sorry for the graphic content everyone-

Pshh i don’t flaunt shit

but that means you’d be weighing a diabetic obese male stripper named insulin against a homosexual male w aids wearing a bunny suit w a rear access hole

Ohhhh you know it then.
Don't hate, you had some sweet memorable moments with him on this forum. Don't pretend to regret it.
Yeah perhaps my humour isn't that good. It happens everytime you miss it 😘

Ohhhh you know it then.
Don't hate, you had some sweet memorable moments with him on this forum. Don't pretend to regret it.
Yeah perhaps my humour isn't that good. It happens everytime you miss it 😘
how could you. You’re my brother.
I don’t hate

You’re funny most of the time 😐

I’m not even gonna waste my thumb energy talking about that “person”

Insulin is very anabolic but you have to remember. Insulin is a fat deposit hormone and also water retentive.

Pshh i don’t flaunt shit

I forgive you @SouthernMuscle .

MS

I’ve never really understood this.

If a bodybuilder is on a low fat diet and using insulin with a few meals, or even lantus, why would it contribute to more fat accrual if not on it assuming diet is in place?

I was watching a video by Justin Harris where he even explains that if anything it’d keep you leaner due to it allowing more carbs to be stored as glycogen.
I usually ask these people:

Were the insulin to NOT be present where do you think those excess 500+ calories of fat/carbs for the day were going to go? Float off into the either? Be prepared for some hybrid "biochem-phys-mental gymnastics!"

Edit was too slow:

Pick up a human physiology book. Everything you could ever need to know regarding insulin use is right there. Thousands of pub med articles written on every aspect of the different insulins, the MOA, the downstream effects. Thousands of articles on insulin resistance, insulin sensitivity, type 1& 2 diabetes.

Not knowing how to run trest+ralox+ p5p + aromasin is excusable…..there is no textbooks on surviving chemical nuclear warfare to grow delts and hams at any cost.
Ya, but do those fancy paper things you call "books" tell me how many ticks of slin to use to cover my 3 scoops of cyclic-dextrin, EAA's and creatine HCL? Ya, I didn't think so. lol

Why is it always tren and slin… every time. I had to stop drinking liquids from a shaker because every 5 min a new bro would ask “yo you do slin.”

If you’re jacked it’s because of tren or slin in the world or gym bros.

Some days I just say “sure” because you have to let nature run its course. God knows they wouldn’t believe that it’s literally EAA’s in my shaker most of the year. 😂
Just tell them the "secret" and do a bro a solid, geez. lol

1696011318597.png

Joking aside this is a decent product, lol.
1696011355628.png

Ya, but do those fancy paper things you call "books" tell me how many ticks of slin to use to cover my 3 scoops of cyclic-dextrin, EAA's and creatine HCL? Ya, I didn't think so. lol

I laughed out loud.

You keep increasing the dose until you pass out by the dumbells. Then, you subtract 5iu, and there’s your dose!!!

This thread is confusing. I've used slin for years and always cut it out when I dialed in for a show. It's a fat storing hormone and water retentive. Unless you want to pop diuretics like candy before a show to bring in conditioning. What is the point? It's an excellent anabolic for shuttling into cells but it is what it is.

This thread is confusing. I've used slin for years and always cut it out when I dialed in for a show. It's a fat storing hormone and water retentive. Unless you want to pop diuretics like candy before a show to bring in conditioning. What is the point? It's an excellent anabolic for shuttling into cells but it is what it is.
I don’t disagree about cutting it before a show. However- it’s way more than just a “shuttle”

and I am the opposition - myself and my competitors use insulin until the very day of the competition in 90% of cases

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131