over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do competitors gate keep Steroids?

EricJ123

Registered
I've noticed a lot of people that compete will say using steroids is only for competitors and have you have no business using them if you dont compete in a very condescending manner. Whenever I hear this I think "fuck off with that holier than though none sense." Since you compete for a plastic trophy its ok for you to use them but not others? lol. Such a sad justification in an attempt to make you feel better while putting others down. I've also seen a trend on social media of people that are clearly on steroids talk about how they don't use them anymore and how bad they are and why you shouldn't do them. Like damn... Its ok to tell people roids are bad but doing it while you claim natty and are currently using them is just sad.

I competed naturally before using PED's and after. I also had a career in fitness that benefited from using roids. Never did I think down on others for wanting to use them or use my career or competing as justification. I knew straight up this is not good for me and to put a lot of due diligence into harm reduction, blood work and proper use.

What are your thoughts? Are roids only for people that compete?

I don’t think anyone here has an issue with anyone using them however they damn well please, we’re all adults.

However, you’ll get strong pushback if you’re:
- too young
- using them as a bandaid for shit diet/training
- being wildly irresponsible
- etc

The main pushback is when people who have a bad case of “fuckarounditis” in regards to training or diet, really.

There’s also the fact that we really don’t want gear to get an even WORSE rap in society with dumbasses getting hurt/killed from bad gear use.

I don’t think anyone here has an issue with anyone using them however they damn well please, we’re all adults.

- too young
- etc

The main pushback is when people who have a bad case of “fuckarounditis” in regards to training or diet, really.

There’s also the fact that we really don’t want gear to get an even WORSE rap in society with dumbasses getting hurt/killed from bad gear use.
I agree with all your pushback points. Its crazy the amount of people that are on roids look like a water buffalo with red bloated faces. I also don't like when people down play the dangers of roids. The famous quote "show me the bodies". We've got plenty of them.

Just because you compete doesn’t mean shit. I’ve seen lots of people on stage that look 8+ weeks out. And I’ve seen people in the gym that could step on a stage if they wanted to

They're shitting on others to justify their use, a lot of insecure peeps who will tell everyone your business while they're doing the same shit. Everyone has their own opinion and most people seem too think that their justification for use is superior to everyone else's. This is actually more often than not.

Also to clarify I don't think this is the general consensus of this forum. I just see it a lot on youtube, social media, and documentaries. I'm actually blown away by how many incredible intelligent people that know so much about health are on this forum.

- too young
- etc

This right here. I honestly could care less what people use. I do think it’s a shame when I see the young gym bros eating crap blowing up on a tren cycle and strutting their stuff in their wife beater tanks. 😂 But I let people live and learn.

Competitors are trying to act like some kind of saint when they say that crap. It’s a justification to do something unhealthy for them.

The only people I have a true problem with are the guys who train and/or compete claiming to be natural while walking around juiced to hell and on M1T and fast clearing gear. Then go step on a natural stage and win because they don’t have the balls to step on an NPC stage.

But that’s not what this thread is about. Gotta let people do them. Lol

I just see it a lot on youtube, social media, and documentaries
Well in those instances they are just covering their ass. “Of course nobody should ever take PEDs unless competing, I would never take these if I wasn’t trying to be competitive” blah blah blah…

In reality they likely don’t give a shit who uses.

I competed when i was still natural even though others in my class weren't. And started using gear after i stopped competing. If people are willing to risk the downside of steroids then good for them. But i don't see where using really high doses and pushing things to the limit for their own entertainment is probably worth it. The compensation needs to be worth the risks. and each person will have his own bar as to worth. You have your Boston Lloyd's and Rich Piana that makes their living off being over the top but there is probably a small calling for those people.

I competed when i was still natural even though others in my class weren't. And started using gear after i stopped competing. If people are willing to risk the downside of steroids then good for them. But i don't see where using really high doses and pushing things to the limit for their own entertainment is probably worth it. The compensation needs to be worth the risks. and each person will have his own bar as to worth. You have your Boston Lloyd's and Rich Piana that makes their living off being over the top but there is probably a small calling for those people.
TBH competing made me more reckless with gear. It would be easy for me to justify being a gym owner and coach. Nope, terrible justification and is a very poor strategy to make money.

Whats comical is the majority of competitors make very little money or lose money from competing. Their online coaching and supplement affiliates are not some huge financial incentive 😅. It’s the top tier of the top tier that actually make a living based off their competing. Competing is such a silly reason to gatekeep roids or justify them.

I agree with all your pushback points. Its crazy the amount of people that are on roids look like a water buffalo with red bloated faces. I also don't like when people down play the dangers of roids. The famous quote "show me the bodies". We've got plenty of them.
Outside of the years 2020-2023, are there that many bodies ?
The deaths of the last three years may have been caused by white-elephant-bol.. that just coincided with guys using AAS.

Agree with this. I'll see alot of people on forums over the years worried about dosages, this compound, that, yet don't count calories, "fell off the wagon " and took time off from training but not their cycle lol. I used to be guilty of thinking AAS were a bigger part of the equation than proper training, running large amounts but just throw weight around not stimulating the muscle.

Just because you compete doesn’t mean shit. I’ve seen lots of people on stage that look 8+ weeks out. And I’ve seen people in the gym that could step on a stage if they wanted to
Agree with this too. I'd think taking AAS and training/eating obsessively is more justified if your goal is to just look damn good 24/7/365 than bulking half the year then finally cutting so you can look good one day for a plastic trophy.

Outside of the years 2020-2023, are there that many bodies ?
The deaths of the last three years may have been caused by white-elephant-bol.. that just coincided with guys using AAS.
There’s a lot more awareness now and still who cares about the 65 year old gym rat that died of heart disease or renal failure? That’s not getting any attention. I believe a lot of dudes died early due to heart disease accelerated by roids.

My plastic trophy is bigger than your plastic trophy
Man, I think it’s a lot more to most that it’s more than a trophy. Personally I’ve never stepped on a stage, I’m 36 finally figured it out after a 11 year battle with drugs and alcohol after I got out of the service. My journey is about showing my kids what it’s like to work hard to chase their dream and hopefully come out successful. It’s either they choose that path or their mothers filled with drama and alcohol. I wrote that for anyone who is struggling can pm me anytime, but I’m sure everyone’s reason is bigger than a plastic trophy

Man, I think it’s a lot more to most that it’s more than a trophy. Personally I’ve never stepped on a stage, I’m 36 finally figured it out after a 11 year battle with drugs and alcohol after I got out of the service. My journey is about showing my kids what it’s like to work hard to chase their dream and hopefully come out successful. It’s either they choose that path or their mothers filled with drama and alcohol. I wrote that for anyone who is struggling can pm me anytime, but I’m sure everyone’s reason is bigger than a plastic trophy

I get you brother!

I just wrote that as sarcasm

when I hear a gym rat who has no intentions competing and is taking 750mg test e 750 eq 750 tren e and 15iu gh i roll my eyes and think "fuck off with that dumbass self-sabotaging ignorant impatient lazy fuck nonsense."

and i think most competitive bodybuilders who have gone to serious extremes also know how powerful 500mg test e alone really is

so yeah i kind of understand them

because the average 20 year old at my gym is doing far more than some competitors i know , and its strait up unhealthy

Very well said and glad you found bodybuilding. It’s a much better outlet than alcohol and other things. Great inspiration as I try to do the same as I know that I or any bodybuilder could quickly go down that path. We are obsessive by nature.

when I hear a gym rat who has no intentions competing and is taking 750mg test e 750 eq 750 tren e and 15iu gh i roll my eyes and think "fuck off with that dumbass self-sabotaging ignorant impatient lazy fuck nonsense."

and i think most competitive bodybuilders who have gone to serious extremes also know how powerful 500mg test e alone really is

so yeah i kind of understand them

because the average 20 year old at my gym is doing far more than some competitors i know , and its strait up unhealthy
yea that is reckless and stupid as fuck. I’ve never ran doses that high even in my big blasting years. I’d probably die of a heart attack lol.

But let’s say we have a competitor taking those same doses. It makes more logical sense but does that make it any more justifiable?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity