over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why?

I think the fact that bodybuilding can (should) be an optical illusion has escaped many younger cats. There is no scale on stage and a SHREDDED - awesome proportion 205 will beat a bloated looking mishmash of freaky body parts 100% of the time - if the judging is correct
Not sure most guys would agree that bodybuilding"should" be optical illusion

Ideally you would have both the shape of a Dexter Jackson, and at the same time, the size of Rami

We want to look good with our clothes off but we also want to be just generally big guys, who can stand next to the world's biggest and strongest men, and hold our own, not just with clothes off

Not sure most guys would agree that bodybuilding"should" be optical illusion

Ideally you would have both the shape of a Dexter Jackson, and at the same time, the size of Rami

We want to look good with our clothes off but we also want to be just generally big guys, who can stand next to the world's biggest and strongest men, and hold our own, not just with clothes off
The MILLIONS of cbum fans would HIGHLY disagree with you.
Bodybuilding would soar to new heights if cbum would become the open Mr. Olympia (Shawn Ray has tried to talk him into it) [he does not need to get much bigger to do it because of his great shape]

The MILLIONS of cbum fans would HIGHLY disagree with you.
Bodybuilding would soar to new heights if cbum would become the open Mr. Olympia (Shawn Ray has tried to talk him into it) [he does not need to get much bigger to do it because of his great shape]
I don't know that Cbum being popular means his fans don't want to be big dudes. I think 99% of guys want to be big dudes. They just want first to be shapely and sexy naked, and secondarily big. Plus, Cbum is like 6'1? Pretty well built dude with clothes on.

I'd like to see Bumstead next to Derek, Hadi, Samson. I've wondered how that would be judged.

It would be wildly popular, at least with younger and tangential fans. The placing would drive a rift in the sport though.

5ft2 (like Shaun Clarida) but 200 fucking pounds. This motherfucker was legendary 🙌🏿

I dont see those clean lines with very thin skin anymore anywhere. You cant mix it with anything. Unique look very few had.

Charlie was the best open physique to ever grace a stage, nothing will change my mind...the "mass monster" concept is dumb and needs to die, I hope we return to an aesthetic physique. Does no one remember Arnold's discussion after Big Ced won the AC?

I don't know that Cbum being popular means his fans don't want to be big dudes. I think 99% of guys want to be big dudes. They just want first to be shapely and sexy naked, and secondarily big. Plus, Cbum is like 6'1? Pretty well built dude with clothes on.
I'll say this - if you do a bodybuilding show on the street and Cbum and Markus Ruhl are in their prime, who do you think more people will follow?
Of course it's for Markus, because it's something that seems impossible to achieve - people like to watch weirdos, that's why they go to the circus - but that doesn't mean they want to look like weirdos because that's why the classic is so popular

I'll say this - if you do a bodybuilding show on the street and Cbum and Markus Ruhl are in their prime, who do you think more people will follow?
Of course it's for Markus, because it's something that seems impossible to achieve - people like to watch weirdos, that's why they go to the circus - but that doesn't mean they want to look like weirdos because that's why the classic is so popular
Markus also has the gift of self-deprecating humor. That combined with his incredible mass makes him what he was/is. A monster, but approachable.

The other thing I’ll add is 4X Mr. O 212 winner sounds a lot better than 3rd, 4th, 2nd and 5th place Olympia open winner.

Human nature is to go for the perceived easier target to win. Everyone wants to be numero uno.

Flex Lewis is a better bodybuilder than Kai, Cedric or Dennis Wolf? I'm not sure anyone in the bodybuilding world thinks that way.

I think the fact that bodybuilding can (should) be an optical illusion has escaped many younger cats. There is no scale on stage and a SHREDDED - awesome proportion 205 will beat a bloated looking mishmash of freaky body parts 100% of the time - if the judging is correct
Flex wheeler is a perfect example of this. At 1993 Mr Olympia he was like 223 lbs. I ve seen him at his heaviest at 255, although bigger, would rather walk around daily at the 223 version. Flex has small joints and as much muscle as most guys up there, in the videos. Alone it causes him to stand out. Next to Ronnie or Chris Cormier , in the 1998 or 1999 Olympia , the thinner bones create a smaller look next to them , and his muscle appear to pop more, due to as much muscle , with smaller joints.

Ha
Hate lee priest much?

What do u guys think about height class instead of weight? 5'8" and under or something like that I think that might be better then the 212 cap
I d be open for that idea. Classic physique does have a height and weight class. Height only would be fine. 5ft6 and under, 5ft 6- 6 ft. 6ft 1 and up. The real tall guys 6ft 4 and up would still love to out of place so I guess something like 6ft 4 and up as well which wouldn't have any or hardly any competitors .

Flex Lewis is a better bodybuilder than Kai, Cedric or Dennis Wolf? I'm not sure anyone in the bodybuilding world thinks that way.
I never said they do. You missed the point, from a PR marketing stance what winning multiple 212 Mr. O titles will make you much more memorable and money with the rest of the world than the runner up winners in open.

Kai sells e books now and is a rare exception as he’s maintained his size in retirement. What’s Dennis Wolf doing? We didn’t hear from him for years.

Flex Lewis sits ring side at UFC fights, has a top bodybuilding gym in the world, a podcast and sits on top panels of stages talking about life and business. Being a multiple O champion coupled with his mindset and work ethic got him much farther in life.

In the bodybuilding world we will never know if he was “better” or not because he never competed in open. Which is the point of this whole thread. Wish he had of. 😊

I never said they do. You missed the point, from a PR marketing stance what winning multiple 212 Mr. O titles will make you much more memorable and money with the rest of the world than the runner up winners in open.

Kai sells e books now and is a rare exception as he’s maintained his size in retirement. What’s Dennis Wolf doing? We didn’t hear from him for years.

Flex Lewis sits ring side at UFC fights, has a top bodybuilding gym in the world, a podcast and sits on top panels of stages talking about life and business. Being a multiple O champion coupled with his mindset and work ethic got him much farther in life.

In the bodybuilding world we will never know if he was “better” or not because he never competed in open. Which is the point of this whole thread. Wish he had of. 😊

Dennis Wolf. Listen to Cutler Cast Podcast. He has been on a few times lately. A great guest BTW.

Jay’s podcast is the only podcast, YouTube, bla, bla, bla I listen to. My opinion; what remains is worth than worthless and I have sampled a ton of then.

Dennis Wolf. Listen to Cutler Cast Podcast. He has been on a few times lately. A great guest BTW.

Jay’s podcast is the only podcast, YouTube, bla, bla, bla I listen to. My opinion; what remains is worth than worthless and I have sampled a ton of then.
It was actually Jay's podcast with guest Shawn Ray that brought this topic up and made me post about it. Also the other topic of cbum going to open.

Ha
Hate lee priest much?

What do u guys think about height class instead of weight? 5'8" and under or something like that I think that might be better then the 212 cap
No, ass Lee Priest was suppose to be ask Lee Priest.

Yeah I have seen him on there and was just making the point he doesn’t have nearly the exposure as Flex Lewis does.

Cutler was and will likely stay years ahead with the media game and podcast. He was the first to really start up the videos and social game in the sport. He actually goes in depth about it on Flex’s podcast. 😂 Cool story when you hear it all.

I don't agree, Flex's success is not due to his records at 212, but to other factors that you mentioned.

You talk about winning money, well, at the Olympia, the 212 champion gets 50,000 dollars, the open champion gets 400,000. The Arnold doesn't have 212, while the champion gets 300,000.

I am a fan of 212 and I think they should receive more prize money.

Kai is no rare exception, Flex is.

I think too many divisions waters down the event. 212 would be my first cut. And yes, many of those guys look much better than the heavyweights. Heck, I think some of the classic guys could compete in open.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws