over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anyone else not fit in outside of here?

Yes, yes, and yes...

After eating some LBA's the other day someone mentioned to me they wouldn't be surprised if I came in to work chewing on an umbilical cord for protein one day. I get all sorts of odd looks, my gf says I am difficult when we go out to eat b/c everything is a substitution.

Everytime I make lunch at work people are always sticking their nose in what I eat.

Friends make dumb comments, I get it every which way.

I get this from anyone I go out to eat with. Or they bitch cause I'll get like 2-3 entree's or add some fish or chicken. It's all so comical, whatever:rolleyes:

If it a fine full bodied cab from say a Pride Vineyards etc, I've learned the best thing to do is drink it and enjoy. If its two buck Chuck, I pass.:)

Today an employee came in with another and put a Twix on my desk to see what I would do. I threatened employee drug testing and they took it back.

I get this from anyone I go out to eat with. Or they bitch cause I'll get like 2-3 entree's or add some fish or chicken. It's all so comical, whatever:rolleyes:

They are haters:mad: That is why 95% of time I eat at home and if I do go out to eat it usually for a cheat meal! I use them wisely for functions or nice dinner outside my daily menu. I am lucky enough to work in a hospital environment that understands that I eat the way I do, so I do not end up in the hospital bed due to obesity as many frequent flyers to the hospital are overweight.

But, I totally understand you all, people just do not get us at all. Exactly, whatever:rolleyes:

I teach at a small country school here in MS. I feel so out of place I just stay in my room all day. I am lucky enough to have my own kitchen and restroom. The Good man up stairs gave me what I needed I guess... But yea, when I walk down the hall I can hear the girls giggling. I try to offer to help the football coach in the wt room but students tell me he says not to listen to me. I had a mom call up here and said "I here some teacher is trying to get some players taking protien. Thats wrong that stuff causes cancer ect". I just :D because thats the best way I can deal with ignorance.

No.At work there is a few people who work out.They are always asking for advise.Some even take it.
My friends and family understand .The only comments are about what I eat .And I really don't think they care to any real extent. I'd say I fit in really well. Maybe stand out in a crowd a little. But that's a good thing.

only when im on a diet do i feel left out. that aspect of it sucks but i get a lot of good attention too.

yeah people call us weird because we take care of our bodies and dont shovel poisons and garbage into our mouth. thats weird?????????
:rolleyes: yea poisons administered IM is much better... get real. bbers take more drugs than anyone. steroids, hgh, hcg, ai's, serms, insulin, diuretics, various peptides, ephedra, clenbuterol, dnp, creatine, etc... big and lean does not equal health. thats why there are so many health problems in the sport and even on the board

Last edited:
It sucks for me because I love to go out, party, and have a good time, but obviously that doesn't go along very well with bodybuilding.

Luckily, I've been able to say that I gave up my cheat meals and alcohol up for Lent (even though I didn't really touch the stuff much anyway). Either that, or I'll say I get really fat if I don't eat well or that I don't know moderation - I know I don't have to make excuses, but people seem to connect with imperfection a little bit better.

wow thread for the ages. ya so i have been avoiding this site mostly due to personal stress. so much goin on. i need to be in real world lol. ya um no. realized how much i my workouts mind set have sufferd. people dont understand what you want out of life so if its easier to eat a cheese burger than lift a dumbell they do it. god i missed this place. sorry theres my brief rant

Just do what I'm doing when offered a drink: say "yes of course", take the glass, pretend to drink it, and when no one is watching you get rid of the liquid in a flower pot, a sink or in someone else's glass. :p :D

Or even on the floor if you're in a club and it's dark. :eek: Lol!

man you make me laugh out loud with some of your posts bro, pour it in a flower pot haahaha lmao

the only "weird" bodybuilders are the ones that don't know how to balance life and bodybuilding. Of course it is a bad idea to eat pie every night, but if you go 365 days without sweets (and you enjoy them) of course people will think you are weird. You ARE weird ... find a comfortable balance and keep the obsessive tendencies for your contest prep, not your entire life.

the only "weird" bodybuilders are the ones that don't know how to balance life and bodybuilding. Of course it is a bad idea to eat pie every night, but if you go 365 days without sweets (and you enjoy them) of course people will think you are weird. You ARE weird ... find a comfortable balance and keep the obsessive tendencies for your contest prep, not your entire life.

I agree 100%......I feel like this....i eat clean at home i say about 95% of the time....so when i go out, i let up and enjoy myself. You can not go through life always eating clean, always avoiding a drink, or always having the gym on your mind. I used to be that way, but thank God i was able to loosen up. I realized that i can enjoy this lifestyle, but still have a good time. As far as relationships.... She doesnt mind cooking for me healthy at all, but when we go out i leave the strictness at home. Its a balance! CJ

I got that a little at my old job but after they saw the shape I would get in the comments changed to more of "help me" comments. It got to the point when the dean came in asked if I'd teach a health and weightlifting class because so many people were asking her why I wasn't. I limited it to 15 students and I was filled in an hour and I had students and staff asking if they could get on the waiting list. So when people would come into my office and see me eating it wasn't a big deal. You have to realize that diabetes is a huge problem with Natives and the just mentioning it causes people to realize how on track I am. I don't think there is one family up there that isn't affected by it. My grandpa passed away from complications of the disease. Occasionally I would get, "Oh come on you can have one doughnut, you're not in training are you?"

Here at college everyone is pretty accepting of it, when we get together there is no pressure at all to eat something I don't want to or to drink. It's very refreshing. :)

I teach at a small country school here in MS. I feel so out of place I just stay in my room all day. I am lucky enough to have my own kitchen and restroom. The Good man up stairs gave me what I needed I guess... But yea, when I walk down the hall I can hear the girls giggling. I try to offer to help the football coach in the wt room but students tell me he says not to listen to me. I had a mom call up here and said "I here some teacher is trying to get some players taking protien. Thats wrong that stuff causes cancer ect". I just :D because thats the best way I can deal with ignorance.

considering that the football should be picking your brain on strength and conditioning.........this is just wrong on so many levels. props to you for maintaining your cool, it would be tough for me.

Bagel and Donut Friday is easy for me. I just tell them I make better donuts and that commercial ones give me an aftertaste. And it is true, though I only make donuts once a year.

i have to disagee w/ most of you. I enjoy spending time with people and having agood time. You can still go to parties and other social settings and have a good time w/o breaking diets and training. Life is all about balance you cannot isolate yourselves or you'll miss out on so much life has to offer. When I go out with friends I drink bottled water or diet cokes, it is possible. just my opinion

i have to disagee w/ most of you. I enjoy spending time with people and having agood time. You can still go to parties and other social settings and have a good time w/o breaking diets and training. Life is all about balance you cannot isolate yourselves or you'll miss out on so much life has to offer. When I go out with friends I drink bottled water or diet cokes, it is possible. just my opinion

One of the best posts I've seen in a while.

PB

you too can blend in like a ninja!

This is very true. I am going out tonight for the first time in a while to shake this cabin fever(I HATE winter lol). I am going to a Bar to watch my buddy's band play a show. The bar is smoke-free and I just order my favorite, a club soda and lime in a highball glass. People are almost always too drunk to notice that there's no alcohol in it. In fact, most bartenders will recognize and appreciate a designated driver amongst a sea of drunks. An added bonus is that two of my other friends and my girlfriend will get home safely with me as a sober driver, and I'll still have a great time. Don't get me wrong though I'll still have a protein shake and some almonds when I get back out to the car!:D

I get that a lot where I work. Just yesterday I could hear my boss talking with a couple others about what he thinks is accurate. He is now so fat he gets nerve pain to his legs because of his back. I tried to help him years ago but now just tired of him. He won't help himself and is pretty bitter about it. He is going to be more annoyed in the next few months as I get into better shape.:p

I stopped trying to fit in bro!! Thing is I am a likable guy who makes friends easy, people just seem attracted to me. I always get offers to do this and that but I never do. Even my close friends I never go out with, now they can come over and hang anytime they want but me I don't like to leave the house or go out. Its always trouble

As far as the lifestyle if I get too much shit I just throw it back at em for doing something they like! Roll with the punches bro your a freak don't hate it just embrace it!!!!:D

I lie. I tell people I am Diabetic and can't eat sugar or carb sand they leave me alone.

I'm isolated, but that is how I prefer to live, BB or not.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws