over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Fan of SUV over cars?

When it's time to buy MY next vehicle, it will be an SUV. More than likely a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Not priced too high, not too big, very good on gas for the size, all around nice vehicle. Ever consider one of those? You could get a model year older and still brand new and pay A LOT less

Matt,

My father-in-law has the Equinox and hates it. A buddy has the Terrain and hates it. They feel "flimsy" when driven, that's my experience.
I bought my wife a 2015 Nissan Rogue brand new, it's a 4 cylinder and "feels" solid on the road. I can drive next to semi trucks and not feel like I'm going to get blown off the road if a gust comes as they frequently do with semi's.

It's a "mid-size" and is very good on gas. I'm not normally a big fan of a 4 cylinder, but it's a nice vehicle. We got it loaded, well, because she's a woman and wanted it lol. Seriously though, we really like the vehicle

I looked at the nissan rogue also.It was my third choice. Or the Cx-5.

But generally i dont like the look of Japanese SUV. They are smaller in size.

The terrain look like a Midsize SUV with a 4 cylinder engine. This is what i really wanted,a kinda big SUV with a 4 cylinder engine good on gas.

I just like the look of the GMC terrain, It look Big and square. Its the biggest 4 cylinder SUV available.

This is the old generation,They will release the new one this summer for 2018 version.

I just want to upgrade from a 4 door sedan to a SUV. I think it provide more space with higher ground clearance which is good for winter here.

Attachments

• Terrain2010.jpg
    Terrain2010.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 130
Matt,

My father-in-law has the Equinox and hates it. A buddy has the Terrain and hates it. They feel "flimsy" when driven, that's my experience.
I bought my wife a 2015 Nissan Rogue brand new, it's a 4 cylinder and "feels" solid on the road. I can drive next to semi trucks and not feel like I'm going to get blown off the road if a gust comes as they frequently do with semi's.

It's a "mid-size" and is very good on gas. I'm not normally a big fan of a 4 cylinder, but it's a nice vehicle. We got it loaded, well, because she's a woman and wanted it lol. Seriously though, we really like the vehicle

Wow this exactly!!!

Funny my one sister has the rogue, my other sister has the equinox and my mom has the terrain. I agree with you completely on all of that! We leased the rogue for $260 a month, at the time there weren't any crazy deals around so my sister settled for it but she likes it a lot.

TBH Matt, the Grand Cherokee has great gas mileage and is a 6cyl.
That's what I like about it, the gas mileage is almost identical to the Rogue which is a 4cyl.
Test drive all of them so you can find one that best fits YOU

TBH Matt, the Grand Cherokee has great gas mileage and is a 6cyl.
That's what I like about it, the gas mileage is almost identical to the Rogue which is a 4cyl.
Test drive all of them so you can find one that best fits YOU

I wish i could go with a 6cylinder suv...

I checked for fuel mileage, Theres a big difference in Fuel saving in City driving between 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder. When your idling at lights the 4 cylinder cost less gas or just around town which i mostly do Theres a difference.

The 2018 Terrain has even better gas mileage because or its engine size and turbo.

Attachments

• gasmilaeage.jpg
    gasmilaeage.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 127
I wish i could go with a 6cylinder suv...

I checked for fuel mileage, Theres a big difference in Fuel saving in City driving between 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder. When your idling at lights the 4 cylinder cost less gas or just around town which i mostly do Theres a difference.

The 2018 Terrain has even better gas mileage because or its engine size and turbo.

I would still test drive them to see which is best. If you're going to be spending a lot of time in your vehicle, you better make sure you're comfortable and like it.

Auto Transmissions in those small SUVs
are the weakest link to the vehicles....

They burn up....its just one gear....

CVT trannys suck

Last edited:
I've had about 4 Ford explorers and mountaineers through the years. I've always maintained them properly and all of them got me to 150 to 200k miles. They are easy to fix and parts are cheap so if you have a good mechanic your all set. One thing I can say is that V8 was the best variation I've had, and didn't really use any more gas than the v6. I personally would not even consider a SuV with less than 6 cylinders.

I've owned 2 Grand Cherokees years back. Wouldn't own another one.

What about Honda's HRV? Very driveable.

When it's time to buy MY next vehicle, it will be an SUV. More than likely a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Not priced too high, not too big, very good on gas for the size, all around nice vehicle. Ever consider one of those? You could get a model year older and still brand new and pay A LOT less

Grand Cherokee's are great. Personally saving for a Range Rover Sport, but if I grow a need for an SUV/larger car before I can justify a Range Rover price tag, I'd probably get a Grand Cherokee. Very affordable for the quality, plus you can opt for the sport version for even less than the grand.

My buddy just got the new 4Runner. Driven it a couple times and it's a very smooth ride. He's got nothing but good things to say about it.

If you get a steal of a deal to compensate for the drastic depreciation and maintenance cost of common cars then I agree, otherwise that's an old outdated mentality.

lol I think not going into debt is never out dated... but if you're speaking of buying a new car with cash no way. I'll let someone else take the hit of driving it off the lot haha. Pre owned all the way!

Auto Transmissions in those small SUVs
are the weakest link to the vehicles....

They burn up....its just one gear....

CVT trannys suck

You said Trannys - so Lil Slice will be here soon...

I have a Rogue for my 2nd car, one that i take the dog around in and it's great. Peppy enough, comfortable, nothing spectacular but never had an issue with it and Nissan service here at least is great. Much better than I get despite having spent a lot more with bmw.

Tahoe/Yukon is the best in class, #1 selling full size SUV for a reason. Can't go wrong with either one of these. I've been driving tahoes for over 10 years, owner 3 over that time.

hell, I been driving the same Yukon since July 2005, have about 230k miles on it, and I have had very little to no problems.

Go with a Tesla if your​ worried about fuel mileage

my buddy was just contemplating the same type SUVs...for what you are looking for have you seen the Dodge Journeys? i hooked him up with my friend that works at Kendall Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram and the Journey was just a better ride then the entry Jeeps and he bought one...

We just traded my 2009 BMW M3 in for a 2017 Porsche Macan GTS. It's unbelievable good. Handles better than my car did. Almost as fast, and more useable torque.

I'm in love with it.

Wife has a 2015 explorer limited. Been a great vehicle. V6 with plenty of power and gets pretty good fuel economy. Plenty of room with the 3rd row seating. We like it pretty well.

I'm the biggest patriot you'll ever meet but American made cars are just disposable tools, they are trash by 30k miles I would never own one out of warranty, in fact I would never own one period just lease cheap. I used to buy and sell cars on the side back when that was a good business I've driven/owned pretty much everything. I just leased a terrain for my little sister for $160 a month zero down, that should tell you something.

I've had a Lexus LX450 (dressed up landcruiser) since I was 16 and still own it I can't let it go it's my baby. I bought a 4dr wrangler new off the lot to replace it in 2013 and that thing was a total pos, it wasn't a vehicle it was a toy with a lawnmower engine, even the things about it that were supposed to be fun were a total pain in the ass. Luckily they hold their value like no other and I made some aesthetic modifications to it, ended up trading it to the lexus dealer 6 months later and only lost 1k overall on it got really lucky.

I ended up getting a GS350 as I was tired of trucks and while it was fun to drive here in Michigan you just have to have an SUV and it helps for my business. When my lease ended on the GS350 I picked up a GX470 and I am EXTREMELY happy with it, drives like a car but it's a real truck. I will always have an SUV even if I eventually get another "fun" car.

I would lease I wouldn't buy it's a money pit the depreciation is incredibly higher than the cost of the lease for American cars, shop around and go out of state if you need to. I've leased that terrain for $160, an equinox for $160, a chrysler 300s for $280, Sierra for $240, charger for $220, grand cherokee full loaded for $300 and Rams for $220 just in the past 5 years for family all 0 down. The best, or worst depending on how you see it, I ever saw was a Dodge Dakota right before they stopped making them they were leasing them for 24 months $1200 total up front, $50 bucks a month!! Half the people I knew got one just for the fuck of it.

It doesn't make sense to buy common cars anymore, everyone leases so once they come off lease all around the same time the market is flooded and the value of your car tanks big time.

Don't buy Audi, they have been crap for me. I owned two A6s and both had troubles. The first one blew up the transmission and the second one had a design flaw in the timing chain. I got rid of the 2nd one just a few months ago before it blew up. It always had shit wrong with it too, electronic gremlins.

My Porsche has been great though. My new car is a Cadillac CTS. So far I love it. Purchased extra warranty on it, so I have 7 years bumper to bumper.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131