mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone have a muscle that grows without training?

I was told by an orthopedic surgeon if you over develop your hamstrings in a 5:4 ratio to your quads it helps pull the patella into the right tract.
Can you have an ortho look at it and tell you what they think the cause is?

Yeah im gonna go get it checked out and see whats going on in there. I dont have insurance so I will just pay cash for the initial doctor visit, after that though if there is something requiring further medical attention I dont think I would be able to afford it.

this sounds to me like a person whose trying to find a way outta training legs lol.

they may hold there size for awhile but the quad and hamstrings wont get bigger without ripping the fuck out of them. calves will grow (a bit) but lets say they still can grow without training them. your upper body will blow away ur legs and ull still look unbalanced on stage.

Not at all, if you read my initial post I stated that I just cant do any pressing movements with it. I can still do leg extensions and hamstring curls. I am going to come up with an intense routine of those two exercises and see how they progress.

I haven't trained my calves seriously ever, and they are enormous. I've probably done less than 10 sets for them in 5 years. But I grew up racing mountain bikes, and they certainly get hit indirectly in other leg training.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I don't have any competitive experience in BB, so take this for what it's worth, but I am old and have had to work around a variety of injuries in my time. Have you tried very heavy sled drags and pushes? It won't equal the range of motion you'll get from squats or presses, but I bet it would help.

Hamstrings adductors and glutes fucking hockey

Then everyone in the freakin world would have pretty decent forearms, no?

And by that statement, everyone should have great calves too. :confused:

No, only the gifted ones. What I'm saying is that those muscles have been exercised.

When I was a teenager, my right forearm was huge... Come to think of it, I guess I was training it several times a day.

Like others mentioned--- Traps! I wish it was calves though

I wouldn't think it's physically possible for a muscle to grow without training it directly or indirectly.

pretty sure that's exactly what steroids do to normal untrained folks. I think its why they were invented.....
"to treat conditions resulting from steroid hormone deficiency, such as delayed puberty, as well as diseases that result in loss of lean muscle mass, such as cancer and AIDS...." - some medical journal
love ya Ashoprep
:)
i didn't train legs for nearly a year and tbh they lost fullness but didn't dramatically shrink.
unless i read it wrong, the only exercise you cant do is stiff dead? no biggie. i think you are gtg.
-JS

Last edited:
All if us have tendencys to approach thinks somewhat different to varied degrees. Our genetics are different- some even pros can't get big calfs no matter what , some grow huge cows from walking . My pecs have always been biggest strongest part and I have not benched or dumbell fly in 20 years. Few dips and cables here and there I'm good- as my intent is asthetic proportion I don't want any one part to be overwhelming. My calves are good but it took 25 years of specialized heavy training . My biceps grow without direct work but I train my back like hell with tons of rows and chins - my bis grow but I will perform few sets as needed. Know thyself ! That's best advice I can share after 35 years of daily training. Learn your body. No need to always ask others about what you are doing in gym i
Or diet cuz only you know - monitor yourself listen to what your body says , in the beginning keep a diary to draw correlation between diet and energy or sleep patterns and routines etc . You are your best trainer . Everyone has a best part - prioritize your weak parts , train around injuries , if you got sore knees learn to rehab them through PT or exercise then incorporate in regular . Create yourself . Don't let others determine what you do. Strong mind = strong body

My shoulders do. And when I take gym breaks it feels like everything fills out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

pretty sure that's exactly what steroids do to normal untrained folks. I think its why they were invented.....
"to treat conditions resulting from steroid hormone deficiency, such as delayed puberty, as well as diseases that result in loss of lean muscle mass, such as cancer and AIDS...." - some medical journal
love ya Ashoprep
i didn't train legs for nearly a year and tbh they lost fullness but didn't dramatically shrink.
unless i read it wrong, the only exercise you cant do is stiff dead? no biggie. i think you are gtg.
-JS

They didn't grow, they maintained. Steroids can help the sick maintain, but I don't think they grow anything. A full grown male who takes aas doesn't sit around and get more muscular, does he? I honestly don't know, I'm just conjecturing.

All if us have tendencys to approach thinks somewhat different to varied degrees. Our genetics are different- some even pros can't get big calfs no matter what , some grow huge cows from walking . My pecs have always been biggest strongest part and I have not benched or dumbell fly in 20 years. Few dips and cables here and there I'm good- as my intent is asthetic proportion I don't want any one part to be overwhelming. My calves are good but it took 25 years of specialized heavy training . My biceps grow without direct work but I train my back like hell with tons of rows and chins - my bis grow but I will perform few sets as needed. Know thyself ! That's best advice I can share after 35 years of daily training. Learn your body. No need to always ask others about what you are doing in gym i
Or diet cuz only you know - monitor yourself listen to what your body says , in the beginning keep a diary to draw correlation between diet and energy or sleep patterns and routines etc . You are your best trainer . Everyone has a best part - prioritize your weak parts , train around injuries , if you got sore knees learn to rehab them through PT or exercise then incorporate in regular . Create yourself . Don't let others determine what you do. Strong mind = strong body

Great post. That is why I truly believe after few years of training no one should be training everything 1x week . There training should be focused on week points and the aesthetics they desire.

Think about if your legs are a strong point and you want to bring up your chest don't you think your chest would grow faster if u trained legs 1x every 2-4 weeks I mean it seems like common sense to me.

My legs grow without training.
They are my best bodypart.
If im on a big cycle they grow only from doing cardio twice a week and standing around.
I dont train them in any way

My traps blew up first time I took gear with no changes to how I train.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

my 3rd leg, i dont train it per say, but it can nearly double in size at any given moment.

my opinion

I wouldn't think it's physically possible for a muscle to grow without training it directly or indirectly.

;) If I take what said you literally, then I will agree to disagree. Playing devil’s advocate here . . .

Think puberty. Where the muscle in teenagers grow as a function of increased testosterone (and other things, not ‘training’
. . . other chemical changes).

A sedentary teenager, in the absence of any true muscular stimulation, at the end of puberty, will have heavier bones and
about twice the muscular mass. This is the result testosterone, not weight training.

My opinion; very little training is required to stimulate muscular growth, especially when you add ‘steroids.’ In fact, many
and I dare most would be bodybuilders (those with the potential to be real bodybuilders) would gain musculature mass in
the absence of training, just by increasing their testosterone. And when you add properly performed weight training, miracles
happen. But many over train; either train too much or too long, have the most unbalanced diets imaginable (and eat waaay
too much), take far too many supplements and drugs and are actually doing their best to prevent the best possible gains
from occurring. This burden actually puts your body at a tremendous disadvantage when it comes to adding muscular size.
It is so busy doing other things, coping with the demands of supplements or diet, there is not much recovery ability remaining
to build meaningful muscular size. Contrary to popular belief, it takes so very little (relative) if you have what it takes. If you
don’t, then no amount of training or supplementation will compensate, alter your genetic disposition.

But I digress . . . sorry. Back to my point.

I am not saying that one could or should step on stage without weight training (although I have seen a few people who could
and should have, much to the embarrassment of those who trained like bloody fools). What I am saying is that it is possible
to gain muscle by doing nothing or at least nothing out of the ordinary; no direct or indirect stimulation, just by adding testosterone.

Anybody who has raised, been around teenagers, watched then sit around and eat potato chips and chug soft drinks all day knows this.

On a person note, in an attempt to answer the OP’s question (Anyone have a muscle that grows without training?) my answer would
have to be no. Every fraction of an inch, every ounce of pure muscle on any body part has been has struggle, has not come easy.

Nothing came easy, grew on its own accord, via indirect effect, call it what you want. With the exception of my chest, any muscle I
have stopped training purposefully, will diminish in size. And nothing has grown without some sort of progressive stimulation.

But I will say this though, when I started TRT (I am 60 now and look exactly the same as my avatar) pretty much everything came back
and then some from its previous best in my youth, with the exception of my arms. (I could never get them back to their best when I
was 22) Everything else improved beyond my previous best with not nearly the effort I once put into training. I just grew and became
more muscular, only because of the additional testosterone. I changed nothing else.

love ya Ashoprep
-JS

I was waiting for somebody to post this. Thank you. And I agree.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
saltseeker
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131