advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use MK-677 (Ibutamoren) during contest prep??

Thanks jeroendebleser.

I might be a genetic freak in that I don't get tiredness from mk677, I know that many others do, but you will only know if you try it.

P.S. If you do take HGH or mk677, I recommend you take 300mg of +R-ALA (Dr. Danielle Alpha Lipoic Acid, RALA, Extremely High Quality Alpha R Lipoic Acid (R-ALA)R- ALA 120 Capsules) before every meal x 3 times a day to help counteract and even improve insulin sensitivity while on either HGH or mk677, as yes, both will lower insulin sensitivity a bit, but this can be improved considerably with +R alpha lipoic acid, p.s. I get no hearburn from the above formula, best I have tried, and I have tried 3 different brands. I was not taking +R-ALA during the months the lab was taken above, but have since added it this year during my 7 month of the year mk677 25mg a day cycle.

Deadlifter99 said elsewhere:

"Personally I feel like MK puts my GH levels around the same as what 3iu per day of Humatrope does. I've used low doses of GH for a year+ at a time."

Good feedback deadlifter99. I found similar, that 25mg of mk677 is equivalent to 3.4iu of pharm grade Chinese GH used to treat Dwarfism in the hospitals.

Year 2018 = 322 ng/ml igf-1 (Level at 6 months on 25mg mk677 in morning) is equivalent of 3.4 iu pharm grade GH from China, as 95 point raise per each 1iu of hgh for me.

Year 2019 = 327 ng/ml igf-1 (after 1 month on 25mg mk677 in the am) is equivalent to 3.4 iu pharm grade GH from China, as 95 point raise per each 1iu of hgh for me.

Report Edit

Tregar,

Do you think it makes a big difference to use 25mg of Mk-677 versus 12.5mg?

On another note, please check your inbox when you can. Thanks

Great question Warlock, for the answer check this link:
**broken link removed**
hxxps://mindandmuscle.net/articles/beauty-modern-science-ibutamoren-mk-677/

I don't have an answer to your question, as I have only used 25mg at a time, never went down to 11mg. It seems from the graph in the link that 10mg is still effective to a large extent.

3rd year 2020 update:

So it appears using 25mg mk677 for 6 to 8 months over the past 3 year has had no detrimental effects on my normal baseline igf-1 reading. My baseline reading from year 2018 was 227 ng/dl, and this year 2020 it is 229 ng/dl at baseline. This is very good news!

Deadlifter99 said elsewhere:

"Personally I feel like MK puts my GH levels around the same as what 3iu per day of Humatrope does. I've used low doses of GH for a year+ at a time."

Good feedback deadlifter99. I found similar, that 25mg of mk677 is equivalent to 3.4iu of pharm grade Chinese GH used to treat Dwarfism in the hospitals.

Year 2018 = 322 ng/ml igf-1 (level at 6 months on 25mg mk677 in morning) is equivalent of 3.4 iu pharm grade GH from China, as 95 point raise per each 1iu of hgh for me.

Year 2019 = 327 ng/ml igf-1 (after 1 month on 25mg mk677 in the am) is equivalent to 3.4 iu pharm grade GH from China, as 95 point raise per each 1iu of hgh for me.

Year 2020 = upcoming bloodwork in 4 weeks (began 25mg mk677 on 2/4/2020 and will use for 7 months total this year till end of August 2020). Will also take bloodwork after being on mk677 for 6 months this year.

MK677 keeps me at the high end of the GH and igf-1 level of a gifted 18 year old, and I am age 50, so more than happy.

Below is brand new baseline igf-1 reading taken on 2/3/2020 for year 2020:

2.3.2020 igf-1.PNG

People, please keep in mind that MK-677 is a ghrelin agonist...and therefore, it can (and will) negatively affect fat loss via the typical Ghrelin pathways. However, this negative effect is typically offset by the substantial increase in GH that it produces. This is why most people report a neutral effect on body fat levels when using MK.

On the other hand, if fat loss is the goal and someone is already using exo. GH for that purpose, then the inclusion of MK may have a mild detrimental effect on fat loss, as the "offset effect" mentioned earlier is no longer relevant due to the inclusion of exo. GH.

In conclusion, MK-677 has a neutral effect on fat loss in people who aren't using exo. GH, but a mildly detrimental effect on fat loss in people who are.

Now, when it comes to the off-season, it is a completely different animal and has benefitted many people...immensely...for packing on muscle mass. This is especially true for those who need to really pound down the calories and/or have a fast metabolism. Basically, anyone who struggles to take in an optimal amount of calories, day in and day out, is likely to derive great benefit from MK-677. Of course, it's ability to raise GH and IGF-1 levels helps build muscle tissue as well, while its benefits on connective tissue (and the joints via intrajoint water retention) have helped many people continue pushing heavy weights pain/injury free.

In truth, I believe that MK is--potentially--one of the very BEST muscle building aides available. This goes for all ghrelin agonists (which includes the other GHRPs), as their ability to increase appetite can make all the difference for someone who struggles to take in an optimal amount of calories for growth. As we all know, if you don't eat enough to grow, you won't. Nothing will kill your progress faster than insufficient eating...and the bigger someone gets, the more calories they need. Many people never make it past a local level of muscle size (despite using a ton of drugs) for this very reason. They hit a certain size and never move beyond it because they fail to adjust their diet accordingly. Rarely is drug dosage the problem. Most often, it is diet related. MANY people never come anywhere close to what they could be precisely because of this.

Any product that can help someone overcome this issues is of a great worth to them. The guys who have slow metabolisms...or those who never struggled with eating enough caloris to maximize growth, will NEVER understand how brutally challenging it can be to force-feed day in and day out, all year round. Many competitors in this situation actually look forward to their contest prep diets simply because they won't have to constantly stuff themselves anymore.

Also, as I said previously, we can't discount the fact that it also elevates GH and IGF-1 levels the equivalent of roughly 3-3.5iu of exo. GH daily. This DOES matter. In the case of Somatozine, while GH and IGF-1 elevations are slightly greater than what we see with regular MK products, Somatozine also has many other beneficial effects which help the body to more effectively use the GH and IGF-1 it produces. For example, Somatozine not only increases the active life of IGF-1 beyond that of MK alone, but it also helps the body more effectively utilize that IGF-1 for muscle growth by increasing levels of IGFBP-3 (an important IGF-1 transporter protein) to a greater degree than straight MK-677. These are just two of about a dozen things that Somatozine does better than regular MK-677, but the point is that MK-677 has numerous potential benefits for the bodybuilder trying to pack on muscle mass.

People, please keep in mind that MK-677 is a ghrelin agonist...and therefore, it can (and will) negatively affect fat loss via the typical Ghrelin pathways. However, this negative effect is typically offset by the substantial increase in GH that it produces. This is why most people report a neutral effect on body fat levels when using MK.

On the other hand, if fat loss is the goal and someone is already using exo. GH for that purpose, then the inclusion of MK may have a mild detrimental effect on fat loss, as the "offset effect" mentioned earlier is no longer relevant due to the inclusion of exo. GH.

In conclusion, MK-677 has a neutral effect on fat loss in people who aren't using exo. GH, but a mildly detrimental effect on fat loss in people who are.

Now, when it comes to the off-season, it is a completely different animal and has benefitted many people...immensely...for packing on muscle mass. This is especially true for those who need to really pound down the calories and/or have a fast metabolism. Basically, anyone who struggles to take in an optimal amount of calories, day in and day out, is likely to derive great benefit from MK-677. Of course, it's ability to raise GH and IGF-1 levels helps build muscle tissue as well, while its benefits on connective tissue (and the joints via intrajoint water retention) have helped many people continue pushing heavy weights pain/injury free.

In truth, I believe that MK is--potentially--one of the very BEST muscle building aides available. This goes for all ghrelin agonists (which includes the other GHRPs), as their ability to increase appetite can make all the difference for someone who struggles to take in an optimal amount of calories for growth. As we all know, if you don't eat enough to grow, you won't. Nothing will kill your progress faster than insufficient eating...and the bigger someone gets, the more calories they need. Many people never make it past a local level of muscle size (despite using a ton of drugs) for this very reason. They hit a certain size and never move beyond it because they fail to adjust their diet accordingly. Rarely is drug dosage the problem. Most often, it is diet related. MANY people never come anywhere close to what they could be precisely because of this.

Any product that can help someone overcome this issues is of a great worth to them. The guys who have slow metabolisms...or those who never struggled with eating enough caloris to maximize growth, will NEVER understand how brutally challenging it can be to force-feed day in and day out, all year round. Many competitors in this situation actually look forward to their contest prep diets simply because they won't have to constantly stuff themselves anymore.

Also, as I said previously, we can't discount the fact that it also elevates GH and IGF-1 levels the equivalent of roughly 3-3.5iu of exo. GH daily. This DOES matter. In the case of Somatozine, while GH and IGF-1 elevations are slightly greater than what we see with regular MK products, Somatozine also has many other beneficial effects which help the body to more effectively use the GH and IGF-1 it produces. For example, Somatozine not only increases the active life of IGF-1 beyond that of MK alone, but it also helps the body more effectively utilize that IGF-1 for muscle growth by increasing levels of IGFBP-3 (an important IGF-1 transporter protein) to a greater degree than straight MK-677. These are just two of about a dozen things that Somatozine does better than regular MK-677, but the point is that MK-677 has numerous potential benefits for the bodybuilder trying to pack on muscle mass.

Mike (and tregar): what are your opinions on higher dosages than the standard 25 mg MK-677, say 50 mg/day? Worth a shot or pointless?

I think it's good for bulking but it has a tendency to cause water retention so I don't recommend it while cutting.

I’m gonna try 12.5mg just for help with sleep and tiny bump in IGF.

Mike what are your thoughts on the negative impact on BG levels? I love MK for offseason but it absolutely DESTROYS my fasting BG levels. Especially when you're already pounding food in the offseason this only makes it worse.

Mike (and tregar): what are your opinions on higher dosages than the standard 25 mg MK-677, say 50 mg/day? Worth a shot or pointless?
Not worh it. The increase in IGF-1 when going from 25 mg/day to 50 mg/day is like 5-8%.

Mike what are your thoughts on the negative impact on BG levels? I love MK for offseason but it absolutely DESTROYS my fasting BG levels. Especially when you're already pounding food in the offseason this only makes it worse.
I always recommend taking insulin sensitizers when using MK-677, such as berberine (500 mg, 3X/day) or metformin with the same dosing strategy. This will help offset its negative effect on BG levels.

Yes, what Mike said, there is really not any added value in going beyond 25mg. What's nice about the 3rd year of using mk677, is that I've noticed the hunger pains have died down after just a few days, whereas during year 1 and 2 the hunger pains lingered for a few weeks before dying down. I'll be back in 4 weeks with mk677 bloodowork update and again in 6 months with last bloodwork update. So far feeling great, I never get lethargy from it but rather a good nootropic sense of well-being from it everyday (this became apparent from day 1 of starting)....amazing pumps and fullness, no bloating noticed in face as I stay on keto diet year-round which helps with this. Increased endurance & strength over time in the gym, absolutely amazing for this 50 year bodybuildler as it get's me into the high gh and igf-1 levels for an 18 year old. Highly recommended for those people like myself who get no lethargy from it. Plus it's the best "nootropic wellness" feeling I have ever felt.

I always recommend taking insulin sensitizers when using MK-677, such as berberine (500 mg, 3X/day) or metformin with the same dosing strategy. This will help offset its negative effect on BG levels.

Hey Mike, if someone were taking their choice of aas, mk677, and as you suggested metformin, would you give your thoughts on addition of insulin? Fast acting vs Long

So I have to lol @ myself here but I missed the muscle fullness MK gives so I got back on it at 30 mg per day this time (found a good vendor that sells it at half the price or less than the previous vendor I used). I'm already back to my lethargic self again and my blood sugar is probably taking a hit as well. Oh the things we do for bigger muscles :ROFLMAO:

Against it pre contest. Other needs and approaches that could help much more.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws