over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are You Dirty? cleansing vs eating right

one thing you might think about...
around here ;) every one is all about swallowing :eek: whatever...;) and no attention span coupled with the love of asses gets us all thinking about the latter parts of digestion...

chewing!

its where digestion starts!

i mentioned the focus on sups. , this is an important example! chewing food is good for you!

dont just blend the veggies n fiber!
:welcome:
:star-w:rs

lol it's true the board does have a procupation with asses!
I agree the enzymes and secondary effects of chewing and taste are important for healthy digestive processes.. peristalsis! My absolute favorite word.

Funny that you mention the dietary influence over your psoriasis.. I see this all the time now that I'm working in the hospital. People who are chronically inflamed have the highest rate of exascerbation of chronic conditions. Trying to explain to them the influence of diet over their symptoms..about mitigating oxidative stress ? Antioxidants ? Futile

I don't see any solid evidence posted here, so I'll provide a summary

Although the detox industry is booming, there is very little clinical evidence to support the use of these diets. A handful of clinical studies have shown that commercial detox diets enhance liver detoxification and eliminate persistent organic pollutants from the body, although these studies are hampered by flawed methodologies and small sample sizes. There is preliminary evidence to suggest that certain foods such as coriander, nori and olestra have detoxification properties, although the majority of these studies have been performed in animals. To the best of our knowledge, no randomised controlled trials have been conducted to assess the effectiveness of commercial detox diets in humans. This is an area that deserves attention so that consumers can be informed of the potential benefits and risks of detox programmes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25522674

And from the second paragraph of the conclusion of the full-text article, which I have access to

Perhaps an important question to ask is why are detox diets so appealing? The seductive power of detox diets presumably lies in their promise of purification and redemption, which are ideals that are deep-rooted in human psychology. These diets, of course, are highly reminiscent of the religious fasts that have been popular throughout human history. It would be useful for future studies to examine the psychological aspects of detox diets and investigate why people are drawn to extreme diets that have no proven benefits. Unfortunately, equating food with sin, guilt and contamination is likely to set up an unhealthy relationship with nutrition. There is no doubt that sustained healthy habits are of greater long-term value than the quick fixes offered by commercial detox diets.

I don't see any solid evidence posted here, so I'll provide a summary

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25522674

And from the second paragraph of the conclusion of the full-text article, which I have access to

These are excellent points - bieberhole69, and exactly the point of my original reason and intent with post. So many confuse the words 'detox' and 'cleanse', and think it necessary to do some sort of intense push for a few days, or use some special formula to do what they feel will clean out their bodies. I've had a few clients bring it up recently so felt it post-worthy.

Point being (and asteelz made some excellent support connections on first page) the benefits of bitter greens, and how they can optimize health, including organ health, and how it starts in the mouth with the connection to the vagus nerve. Supporting the physiological functions on a day to day basis, with certain foods and proper nutrition is so much more important than buying into the relatively unsupported claims of packaged cleanses and detoxes commercially available, or crazy diets

Last edited:
What type of foods have you noticed helped/hindered your psoriasis?

im not so sure dude...
years back i eliminated dairy and gluten n whatever, helped i guess but i did lots of other shit too.

while im talking all this shit about eating terrible, to some degree its perspective, i have been obsessing for 20 years over anythign that goes in my mouth...

at this point there isnt TONS of variety.

its easy to make generalizations and for sure the basics are a starting point, i wish i had a better answer. ;)

I agree the enzymes and secondary effects of chewing and taste are important for healthy digestive processes.. peristalsis! My absolute favorite word.

Funny that you mention the dietary influence over your psoriasis.. I see this all the time now that I'm working in the hospital. People who are chronically inflamed have the highest rate of exascerbation of chronic conditions. Trying to explain to them the influence of diet over their symptoms..about mitigating oxidative stress ? Antioxidants ? Futile

peri who??? lol
cant even say that shit. lol :eek:

i can only imagine the idiotic shti you see....
just look at what ppl buy in the grociery store:eek::eek::eek:

n they wonder why they are all fucked up!!!:banghead:

These are excellent points - bieberhole69, and exactly the point of my original reason and intent with post. So many confuse the words 'detox' and 'cleanse', and think it necessary to do some sort of intense push for a few days, or use some special formula to do what they feel will clean out their bodies. I've had a few clients bring it up recently so felt it post-worthy.

Point being (and asteelz made some excellent support connections on first page) the benefits of bitter greens, and how they can optimize health, including organ health, and how it starts in the mouth with the connection to the vagus nerve. Supporting the physiological functions on a day to day basis, with certain foods and proper nutrition is so much more important than buying into the relatively unsupported claims of packaged cleanses and detoxes commercially available, or crazy diets

basically just try to eat a salad damnit! lol:p

peri who??? lol
cant even say that shit. lol :eek:

i can only imagine the idiotic shti you see....
just look at what ppl buy in the grociery store:eek::eek::eek:

n they wonder why they are all fucked up!!!:banghead:

The other day I saw an obese woman with an oxygen tank at the grocery store rolling around with cart full of potato chips and regular soda, as I was looking at here she gave me a disgusted look as if to say my muscles are gross lol, can't believe what people do to them selves

Just did 6 days of Raisen Bran every night and 8 - 10 hours of Full body sweating bustin rocks in the 90's.....Clean as A Whistle!!!

So what in your mind would be a good plan for mitigating oxidative stress?

Dietary influence in dark fruits, dark bitter greens, fiber, probiotics, and green tea/ its cousins.

Supplementing with glutathione, nac, SOD, vitamin c, etc etc . Injectable glutathione and an ammonia scavenger are in my opinion the first go to supps for advanced bodybuilding

Love the discussion on this thread so far. What has really kept up with me as the dark leafy organic salad mixes with a full orange sliced in. Any bitterness to the dark bitter greens is relieved by the natural sugars from an orange. Not only is it absolutely delicious, it's a great way to get your dark greens (and vitamin c) throughout the day and down with ease. At night, I will switch from an orange to cucumbers. Not as sweet, but still does the trick!

Dietary influence in dark fruits, dark bitter greens, fiber, probiotics, and green tea/ its cousins.

Supplementing with glutathione, nac, SOD, vitamin c, etc etc . Injectable glutathione and an ammonia scavenger are in my opinion the first go to supps for advanced bodybuilding

I also view whey protein not only as a protein/food supplement but as a strong antioxidant due to the many studies showing its' ability to increase glutathione levels. 9 scoops whey per day seems to be keeping me healthy

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12537959

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3805302/

http://essentialnutrition.eu/media/wysiwyg/pdf/cacao/3.pdf

So what in your mind would be a good plan for mitigating oxidative stress?

i think you shouldnt look at it in a general way.

that said i think its good to have some sort of a base, which was covered...
ppl look at a multi vit as like first thing.
i would put nac as FIRST for like 99% of things.

its so cheap and so effective for so many things. :lightbulb:

simple cheap base stuff then add when needed. :sta:-wars

i think you shouldnt look at it in a general way.

that said i think its good to have some sort of a base, which was covered...
ppl look at a multi vit as like first thing.
i would put nac as FIRST for like 99% of things.

its so cheap and so effective for so many things. :lightbulb:

simple cheap base stuff then add when needed. :sta:-wars

NAC is something I am never without.

no joke dude, nac always then oregano oil if feeling sick will keep most ppl off antibiotics and away form dr. stupid simple stupid cheap! :lightbulb:
Oregano oil is great! Its a lot stronger than a lot of people realize!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Fasting and a multi day cleanse are very different. The nutrients from many greens carry with the fiber fraction. Just because a small volume is passed does not mean the bolus was undigested nor does it mean you did not benefit from the insolvable fibers which are essential for maintaining long term intentional health.

Also the insoluble fibers are digested by gut bacteria into short chain fatty acids which are beneficial to health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregano oil is great! Its a lot stronger than a lot of people realize!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

right!
n how horrible the taste! :eek:
a cc n i burp like a pine tree for the next 3-4hrs!

also works great for mouth infections!
put it right where the problem is and hold or for throat gargle with water!

:welcome:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner