over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back on (a real) stage after almost 30 years

Congrats on the great showing. I really like the GoT theme along with your good posing. I can see what you are talking about with your midsection, that is really unfortunate what happened with the spoiled rice. I would have been so upset, but you looked so calm and cool up there especially considering it had been so long since you were on stage. You calves look really good and full!

Thanks a lot. The stomach was distressing and I held it in with tremendous effort, but I figured I was here to enjoy myself and do my best regardless. I also had a lot of kind words form competitors, Milos, Hide, and others to encourage me.

I know I can - and will - bring better. ;)

Wow. Great story. I hope mine has a good ending as well. Started off in the NPC. Qualified for nationals and started training with some national guys. I hope I dont offend anyone but I didn't like the look the sport was heading. These guys were just getting to freaky for me. I didn't want to look like that. Granted, there are the Dexter Jacksons, Lee Labradas, and so fourth that I loved. I also did not like the amount of gear some of these guys were taken. So I tried the natural thing. Ended up becoming a
P ro with Musclemania. Placed third at the biggest pro show. Within six months the guys who placed ahead of me didn't pass their drug test. Nothing ever got mentioned. I quit competing as you can probably imagine. Just this year I found out about Classic Physique, now that is my speed. So 15 years later I am trying to make a comeback. Again, I hope my story ends as well as yours. Didn't mean to still your thunder, your thread. Just enjoyed your story.

Last edited:
The muscular quality, hardness and the experience were your biggest arguments. You need to bring a flatter stomach and open your legs in the poses.:headbang:

Great job bro! Glad to see we older gents can still hang and bang with the younger crowd!
GD

VERY motivating!
Stay hungry.

Thanks a lot for all the kind words guys.

It was good to have a competitive goal again, and fun to be on stage. Made a lot of new friends.

Even at my age I still manage to carry some decent muscle, though I need to give my legs special attention over the next few month before I diet again. I lost several inches in the thighs over the years.. :(

Next year Hide and Iris Kyle are having a pro Qualifier in May and the November show is now an Amateur Olympia. Don't know if I want to push myself that hard as it was tough on my body and made my daily life a bit of a struggle. I did a Palumbo style diet as I knew low carb worked best for me, and it did but the lethargy was tough. I had to make 90kg and needed a dose of diuretics to slip down to 87kg for the Friday weigh in.

There are videos up now.
Please excuse the legs (trying to bring them back) and the stomach. I gave myself food poisoning before the show by eating spoiled rice and was filling up with gas and giving me horrible sulfur burps! Ended up vomiting in the night after the show, first time since I was a kid. Lesson learned..dry foods only.

BODYBUILDING - LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT(Pickup) / IFBB PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE PRO QUALIFIER - YouTube
BODYBUILDING -LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT(Freepose~Awards) / IFBB PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE PRO QUALIFIER - YouTube
So you did a keto style diet, what were your carb ups like during your diet. If you do not have regular carbups (ckd type diet), then never try a large carb load before your show as this will also give you bad GI distress and cause severe bloating and distention in majority of people.

Dude...motivating as hell.

And glad to see you posting too. Your comments on training and basically everything are always ridiculously respected around here. Plus, you have a top tier physique for ANY AGE man.

Much respect. I'd love to hear more about living in the Japanese culture man.
I do creative (I write commercials and do all that ad stuff) for a biiig Japanese car company right now. Our global meetings are intense and they are going to send us out there pretty soon.

Good seeing you back, brother!

...and congrats:cool:

Welcome back. It's great to see you posting again.

You need to bring a flatter stomach and open your legs in the poses.:headbang:

Did you even read the whole thread and Hawkmoon's posts explaining the reason behind his messed up stomach (BAD FOOD POISONING)? :rolleyes::banghead:

Better to refrain from posting when:

1/ you have no clue what you're talking about;

2/ have nothing positive to add, only negativity and bitterness... especially when it comes to commenting about a member/vet that has contributed (granted many years ago but still) to the board infinitely more than you, and that display A GREAT physique... while in the meantime we've NEVER seen any pic of your almighty self. :rolleyes::banghead:

HAWKMOON, old pal, glad to see you back on PM and in so good spirits and great shape... you looked AWESOME, congrats! :headbang:

Also, so happy to read your marriage is still going strong... you really seem to have found the perfect partner. :);)

This is so cool man, congrats! I wonder if they have any plan to bring some shows across the pond to Korea? I live in Seoul and would love to see some things over here (Koreans have been bitten more and more from the workout bug, from what I can see in the local gyms). Whereabouts are you in Japan? I visit fairly often and love the country.

congrats brotha! if I remember correctly a couple of years back you were trying to decide whether to get back onstage or not, im glad you did

Did you even read the whole thread and Hawkmoon's posts explaining the reason behind his messed up stomach (BAD FOOD POISONING)? :rolleyes::banghead:

2/ have nothing positive to add, only negativity and bitterness... especially when it comes to commenting about a member/vet that has contributed (granted many years ago but still) to the board infinitely more than you, and that display A GREAT physique... while in the meantime we've NEVER seen any pic of your almighty self. :rolleyes::banghead:

HAWKMOON, old pal, glad to see you back on PM and in so good spirits and great shape... you looked AWESOME, congrats! :headbang:

Also, so happy to read your marriage is still going strong... you really seem to have found the perfect partner. :);)

I always read everything before commenting, thanks for your warning.

There is no negativity, only support to improve to avoid the error that ruined his waist. I also praised his look/presentation.

So you did a keto style diet, what were your carb ups like during your diet. If you do not have regular carbups (ckd type diet), then never try a large carb load before your show as this will also give you bad GI distress and cause severe bloating and distention in majority of people.

Also, if you make a bodybuilder keto version, that is, high in protein/vegetables and low in fat and carbs, you will also have stomach problems if you make a moderate fats load.

So, how long before the final week could the athlete try loads to adapt his body?

Otherwise, the loads that I see most useful would be 3 or 4 days with very low quantities, instead of 1 or 2 days of loading with medium/high quantities. This apply for both: fats and carbohydrates.

I would like to know your thoughts since you are an expert in this type of diet.

I did weekend carbs ups always testing what worked best. Met with my doctor today and he actually thinks I picked up Noro Virus and had bad luck.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dude...motivating as hell.

And glad to see you posting too. Your comments on training and basically everything are always ridiculously respected around here. Plus, you have a top tier physique for ANY AGE man.

Much respect. I'd love to hear more about living in the Japanese culture man.

I do creative (I write commercials and do all that ad stuff) for a biiig Japanese car company right now. Our global meetings are intense and they are going to send us out there pretty soon.
Japan's a great place to live. I am fortunate to be married to an amazing woman and be well employed, both of which make life in Tokyo much better [emoji3]

Thank you buddy.

So good to hear from you.

And as always I appreciate your kind words and support. I have been lucky and am thankful for everything; wife, bodybuilding, and life....

I hope all is well for you and you have a wonderful holiday season.

I always read everything before commenting, thanks for your warning.

There is no negativity, only support to improve to avoid the error that ruined his waist. I also praised his look/presentation.
The error that ruined my waist was food poisoning, not carb loading. The vomiting at night and the ruined digestive system the next several days confirmed that for me.

I regularly carbed up on Sundays at 300-600g and noted and logged my reaction and appearance.

Unfortunate, but you gotta roll with it when your luck turns sour. I try not to get upset about things either past or not in my control.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner