over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BB.com sued by SYNTRAX

Diet Coke

Registered
SI03 Sues BB.COM Members/MOD for Slander

Posted by willian lew whatever his name is...

Just FYI Guys, SI03 was recently suing a LOT of people here on BB.com for assault, libel, and slander. My guess is, they are not happy with what some of you guys have said about them. Not sure what is happening with the suit currently, but it was filed on June 11th 2007.

Here are the names mentioned in it:

Jkeithc82
Aeternitatis
Androgenic
Aoba
Bloute
Lonny
BuckeyeMuscle
Cakedonkey
Chimpilico
Coulaid
CXM
Deserusan
Dito
Dosquito
Dwm230000
ElMariachi
EMISGOD
Ephedra
Flagg3
Getbustered
Ingenium
Musclescientist
Marcus
Nathan518
Patrick Arnold
OneBetter
RobW
Trans_Isomer
Uhockey
Truth Speaker
Super Freak420

Here is the reference:

**broken link removed**

That's a joke. A website is not responsible for the comments of it's members - free speech. It says so right when people sign up.
And they are suing individual user names? Uhuh :rolleyes:

Cornholio and PA still fighting. LMAO You'de have to be an old MFW poster to remember that.

yeah not to mention assault? it's either libel or slander and since this is the internet it's going to libel, slander is spoken word libel is print. It's going to be hard to sue someone for slander using a computer.

That's funny.......... Bunch of amateurs!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Judge is going to laugh when he sees the accused list

hm.

how do you sue a 'user name'??

from the thread over there.

"Yes, its been done before, more than once believe it or not. It allows a company/party to provide documents to Internet providers demanding the real identities of posters. I would guess the usual course of action is to contact the forum(s) about the suit, get the IP's, than contact the providers and force them to disclose who is posting - then actually add the real names of the people you are suing."

from the thread over there.

"Yes, its been done before, more than once believe it or not. It allows a company/party to provide documents to Internet providers demanding the real identities of posters. I would guess the usual course of action is to contact the forum(s) about the suit, get the IP's, than contact the providers and force them to disclose who is posting - then actually add the real names of the people you are suing."

There's a big flaw in that. All they do by doing that (assuming the site will disclose ips, and then the isp that the site is on will disclose ips, and then the isp of the user will disclose the details - different legal jurisdictions), all they will then have is the account holder. NOT the person that was posting. And it will be damn hard to prove that someone specific posted. All they can prove is that someone used that account to post.

It's a bullshit lawsuit that will get nowhere.

There's a big flaw in that. All they do by doing that (assuming the site will disclose ips, and then the isp that the site is on will disclose ips, and then the isp of the user will disclose the details - different legal jurisdictions), all they will then have is the account holder. NOT the person that was posting. And it will be damn hard to prove that someone specific posted. All they can prove is that someone used that account to post.

It's a bullshit lawsuit that will get nowhere.

it might be bullshit but what it does is waste valuable time and resources on both bb.com and syntrax. True this will not go anywhere MOST LIKELY. but in a country such as the USA where a lady can sue McDonalds for coffee being too hot when she spilled it on herself and burned herself and laws where if a burglar breaks into your home and you shoot him and you do not kill him he can sue YOU for damages ( yes it has been done before and the burglar won in the state of florida)... then how can you dismiss this so quickly.

Our legal system is messed up. it may not go anywhere this lawsuit but what it will do is waste time and money. neither of which BB.com wants to spend.

Maverick

it might be bullshit but what it does is waste valuable time and resources on both bb.com and syntrax. True this will not go anywhere MOST LIKELY. but in a country such as the USA where a lady can sue McDonalds for coffee being too hot when she spilled it on herself and burned herself and laws where if a burglar breaks into your home and you shoot him and you do not kill him he can sue YOU for damages ( yes it has been done before and the burglar won in the state of florida)... then how can you dismiss this so quickly.

Our legal system is messed up. it may not go anywhere this lawsuit but what it will do is waste time and money. neither of which BB.com wants to spend.

Maverick

Yes, it is a poor reflection on the US legal system.

Maverick

Thats' because our legal system is run by lawyers and they a lot of make money off this nonsense. Remember the judge who recently sued the dry cleaner for millions because they (temporarily ) lost his pants? Stupid.

Maverick

Absolutely this is true, and also the legal system being run by attorneys with a lot of money to gain by these frivilous lawsuits.

On a side note the McDonalds lawsuit did have some merit. I hate McDonalds and our legal system is very messed up, so I am in no way defending either, but I happen to have a family member who was legal counsel in this suit. McDonalds had been fined many times for brewing coffee too hot. Yes, it is regulated by our tax dollars through the Fed Gov. Coffee may only be brewed within a certain temp. range. McDonalds knows a lot of people stop prior to work and know people want hot coffee. They also know it is cheaper to pay the paltry fines rather than potentially lose business by serving coffee that gets cold faster than they prefer. This womans attorney got a hold of these fines, presented them as evidence and the jury made an example of the Corp. giant, McDonalds.

The subsequent problems:

1. Our tax dollars being spent to "save us from ourselves", whether it be too hot coffee or aas use.

2. The fed telling the local business owner or corp. giant HOW to run their business. Let me make my own business decisions and if they prove to be a bad market decision, then I will go out of business as a result. But do not tell me how to brew my own coffee. If it is too hot and people don't buy it, then it is a bad decision, and vice versa.

Sorry to go off topic, but I have been involved in a lawsuit with a business that owes my business money. Our legal system needs repair...badly.

Yeah that McDonald's lady get's a bad rap, undeservedly. Not only was the coffee too hot, the cup that it was served in melted because the temp of the liquid exceeded the temp capacity of the cup and it melted. I would've sued, too!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear