over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Begginer insulin help

To those who use amino acids with insulin, and are pretty anal about supplements and drugs I have a few questions. Do you just any EAA on sale or with the best taste, or do you actually look at the amino ratio on the label. For example Milos is partial to free form aminos around workout but says hydrolystate proteins can work well too. I instinctively think there's something wrong with a product with 8 or 9 grams of BCAA out of a 10 gram serving and then just fairy dust dosages of the rest, often even missing tryptofan or histidine. Who makes these formulations and based on what? There could be for example a formula based on daily requirements of each amino studied by the WHO or USDA (or whatever it was.) Then you could reason that leucine might be good to overdose a little. This could be relevant if aminos is all you consume around the workout and insulin is active. So what I do is choose a formulation with a good reputation which has at least 3 or 400mg of the lowest amino, usually tryptophan. I take maybe 15 grams of aminos and add a mild tasting hydrolystate at 10 grams, say Peptopro. So you get some of the inessentials included as well for various benefits. This could be consumed at one serving before, one during and one after

Then at other times I think, "get ahold of yourself, just mix some whey iso or hydro with carbs and be done with it! LOL.

Lately I've used Jordan Peters EAA but then I see he has a new intraworkout EAA for even more anabolism LOL. Leucine increased by a couple of grams, the two other BCAAs dropped by a couple of grams. Tryptofan of all aminos from like 50mg to a gram, a 20 fold increase. Lysine is at 2 grams LOL, so what the fuck.
I go with Dante’s EAA’s from True Nutrition, has a hefty dose of Leucine, 5g per serving. I usually take 20g total, which gives you
10g L-leucine
3g L-Valine
2.5g L-Isoleucine
4.5g of EAA blend

Add that with some Dextrose, Citrulline Malate, Creatine Monhydrate, & L-Glutamine.

Cage

I go with Dante’s EAA’s from True Nutrition, has a hefty dose of Leucine, 5g per serving. I usually take 20g total, which gives you
10g L-leucine
3g L-Valine
2.5g L-Isoleucine
4.5g of EAA blend

Add that with some Dextrose, Citrulline Malate, Creatine Monhydrate, & L-Glutamine.

Cage
Exactly

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230921_211947_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230921_211947_Gallery.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 23
Sick!!! Thank you. Haven't read the 5-10g of fat technique but will look into it myself. Love that bro science! hahaha
Not saying it's a good idea, I think it's smart to keep carbs high and fat low pre and post. I try and not have any fat in my pre and post meal when using slin. Just pointing out that I've read people say, one was a competitor who knew his stuff, that a little fat gave them better results than zero fat.

I think it’s splitting hairs TBH. But I will say my midsection stays much tighter when I keep insulin only in for pre-workout as you’re pinning it to help shuttle the EAA’s, carnitine etc while you’re active and exercising.

Now if you’re in a gaining phase and have maximized the amount you can use pre against the carbs you can consume then absolutely add it post. If you’re doing 10 units and 100g of carbs intra workout then that’s a lot of carbs while you’re exercising IMO.

Now I’ll take it one level deeper. If you have a drive before the gym like most you can split your pre-insulin. Take say 4 units with 50g of carbs along with your pre-workout. Then drive to the gym and pin the difference right before you walk in and start sipping on your intra carbs.

I’m all about maximizing that pre and intra window, but for the average person it’s way overkill.

On fats I would absolutely makes sure you get some good fats from almond butter or oils in your meal prior to pre-workout items- say an hour before roughly.

So many ways to dial it in, but unless you’re competing or pushing at a high level I would just focus on getting the calories up and in with the help of insulin. I personally only use Humalog or Fiasp, but you can time any of the others of course.
Just saw your post and agree. Curious why you suggest some fat with the slin? I thought the mainstream thinking was avoid fat during the active window it will be stored as fat. Do you believe it gets shuttled into the muscle belly or think there is a different benefit of say having 40g pro 60g carbs 7g fat...vs 40/60/0 if someone is using say 4iu r type pre? Just using those macros and dosage as an example.

I take 4 pre and I think my meal is 50 pro 70c and like 2-3 fat (eggwhites, oats, fruit)

I don't know if what i am doing is fine but for me seems working. (Hope someone will chime in to correct me)

I started using insulin (Apidra/Humalog/Novolog) after meals:
- after prewo meal (now that i am still cutting)
- will have also 30-60g of HBCD + 10g EAA intrawo

Once i will start my bulk, will add also another shot postwo, and maybe another shoot or two if carbs will be that high, but i highly doubt that i will need that because i am not that big at all.

My idea is to use insulin only after highest carb meals.

Just saw your post and agree. Curious why you suggest some fat with the slin? I thought the mainstream thinking was avoid fat during the active window it will be stored as fat. Do you believe it gets shuttled into the muscle belly or think there is a different benefit of say having 40g pro 60g carbs 7g fat...vs 40/60/0 if someone is using say 4iu r type pre? Just using those macros and dosage as an example.

I take 4 pre and I think my meal is 50 pro 70c and like 2-3 fat (eggwhites, oats, fruit)
No fat during the window. I would suggest good fats in your meal before for the energy purposes. So the meal you eat 1-1.5 hours prior to any workout or insulin window. During that window you want strictly carbs and protein/EAA’s.

10g L-leucine
3g L-Valine
2.5g L-Isoleucine
4.5g of EAA blend

Cage

Yes, it looks more like a BCAA than an EAA to me. I know it's anal and overthinking but I wouldn't buy a whey powder manipulated to contain 50% leucine. I was talking situations where this would be your only protein source in a window of a few hours.

Compare the ratios to something like Now foods EAA.

Attachments

• 0206_nowproductlabels.png
    0206_nowproductlabels.png
    302.3 KB · Views: 15
Personally, I always train after the second meal and I use insulin for the first meal and immediately before training and after training with a meal.

so it looks something like this:

meal 1 insulin
meal 2 preworkout approximately 90 minutes before training
immediately before training - insulin and intra carbohydrates (I personally use intra 5g/1iu - I don't need more because the carbs from the pre meal only hit the system)

I prefer insulin in breakfast than in the pre meal because I am sure it has enough time to put the carbs into the muscles and I don't like to eat a large meal before training because it is difficult for me to train on a full stomach - I also don't like large amounts of intra carbs - I usually use it in between 25-80g, but I usually use about 50g - I prefer to have a lot of carbs right after training

Personally, I always train after the second meal and I use insulin for the first meal and immediately before training and after training with a meal.

so it looks something like this:

meal 1 insulin
meal 2 preworkout approximately 90 minutes before training
immediately before training - insulin and intra carbohydrates (I personally use intra 5g/1iu - I don't need more because the carbs from the pre meal only hit the system)

I prefer insulin in breakfast than in the pre meal because I am sure it has enough time to put the carbs into the muscles and I don't like to eat a large meal before training because it is difficult for me to train on a full stomach - I also don't like large amounts of intra carbs - I usually use it in between 25-80g, but I usually use about 50g - I prefer to have a lot of carbs right after training
But you don't use Insulin also here? I mean postwo?

I guess that if you have the highest amount of carbs postwo it's where you do another shot of insulin.
You really gotta learn to read these post man. Lol

And at the rate you’re following @luki7788 around… you gotta post up that pic.

Hell at least send it to him so he can vouch for all your questions on here paying off. 😂

You really gotta learn to read these post man. Lol

And at the rate you’re following @luki7788 around… you gotta post up that pic.

Hell at least send it to him so he can vouch for all your questions on here paying off. 😂
come on @jaxino , post the photos so we can make others laugh too

Here I am jaxino and with 20 Gh units per day I weigh around 80kg

So what happens if your taking more insulin then carbs taken in? If you aren't going hypo what happens to excessive insulin?

So what happens if your taking more insulin then carbs taken in? If you aren't going hypo what happens to excessive insulin?
You need to measure your blood sugar first if you want to avoid problems

based on the level you find for example 65 / 80 / 90, your body will need

1 unit ---> 10g of Carbohydrates
1 unit ---> 15g of Carbohydrates
1 unit ---> 20g of Carbohydrates

with insulin it is better to do things well or not by chance, hypoglycemia if you are at home is one thing because you can fix it immediately by eating, but imagine you are driving down the street, or you are alone with nothing in your hand to eat

You need to measure your blood sugar first if you want to avoid problems

based on the level you find for example 65 / 80 / 90, your body will need

1 unit ---> 10g of Carbohydrates
1 unit ---> 15g of Carbohydrates
1 unit ---> 20g of Carbohydrates

with insulin it is better to do things well or not by chance, hypoglycemia if you are at home is one thing because you can fix it immediately by eating, but imagine you are driving down the street, or you are alone with nothing in your hand to eat
?????

I don't know if what i am doing is fine but for me seems working. (Hope someone will chime in to correct me)

I started using insulin (Apidra/Humalog/Novolog) after meals:
- after prewo meal (now that i am still cutting)
- will have also 30-60g of HBCD + 10g EAA intrawo

Once i will start my bulk, will add also another shot postwo, and maybe another shoot or two if carbs will be that high, but i highly doubt that i will need that because i am not that big at all.

My idea is to use insulin only after highest carb meals.
LMAO 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

THIS IS THE ENTIRE BOARD LAUGHING AT ALL YOUR POST

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner