over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best tool for grip?

btails

Registered
Just wondering what the best tool is for grip? I have straps and cobra grips and I still can't grip long enough to max out deadlifts. My grip gives out long before everything else.

Anyone got some advice (besides working on grip strength lol)

Grab the DBs and BBs as if your life depended on it.

My thought process when it comes to gloves, grips and things of that nature was always that hey if you can't handle the weight you shouldn't be using that much. Not saying that's the correct line of thinking but I never wanted to give myself an unnatural grip, I would rather let me hands and grip get accustomed to it.

Start training with these, they help quite a bit.

My father was the arm wrestling champion of the country back in the 80s so not new to these or any number of grip strength tools/machines. Sadly I wasn't born with the death grip genetics.

Trying to hold a bar with 500+ lbs for 10 reps ain't easy

My father was the arm wrestling champion of the country back in the 80s so not new to these or any number of grip strength tools/machines. Sadly I wasn't born with the death grip genetics.

Trying to hold a bar with 500+ lbs for 10 reps ain't easy
Are you using a double overhand or mixed grip? A mixed grip with straps should be pretty hard to drop the bar

Start training with these, they help quite a bit.

I knew someone would bring up the Captains of Crush grippers. Thank you maldorf. If any of you have tried them, what level can you close according to the CoC rules/regulations? I can rep out a #2 for sets of 10 with either hand. Back when I first got them in 2001, they only sold a level 1, 2, 3, and 4. Now they have halves....pssshtt. I'm not going to go out and buy a 2.5 just say I can close a # 2.5. What's funny is when you hand it to another gym rat and he has trouble closing a 1 #1. 🤣

I knew someone would bring up the Captains of Crush grippers. Thank you maldorf. If any of you have tried them, what level can you close according to the CoC rules/regulations? I can rep out a #2 for sets of 10 with either hand. Back when I first got them in 2001, they only sold a level 1, 2, 3, and 4. Now they have halves....pssshtt. I'm not going to go out and buy a 2.5 just say I can close a # 2.5. What's funny is when you hand it to another gym rat and he has trouble closing a 1 #1.
10 reps on a #2 is strong! Im only able to get out 2 reps on a #1.5. I never used them before my heart attack when I was strong, thats now after the heart attack when I am weak. Not sure what I could have done. Used to be able to tear a big phone book in half. Training with them will definitely increase grip strength if you stick to it. Ive got a trainer I use too along with a 1.0

My favorite grip work is a wrist roller, and pinch gripping plates

10 reps on a #2 is strong! Im only able to get out 2 reps on a #1.5. I never used them before my heart attack when I was strong, thats now after the heart attack when I am weak. Not sure what I could have done. Used to be able to tear a big phone book in half. Training with them will definitely increase grip strength if you stick to it. Ive got a trainer I use too along with a 1.0

The grip strength is merely a byproduct of years of training w/o wrist straps, hooks, etc. It was all old skool style training. ;)

The grip strength is merely a byproduct of years of training w/o wrist straps, hooks, etc. It was all old skool style training. ;)
Yeah, im sure mine was a lot stronger when I lifted hard and heavy. I do think working the grippers into your training will increase strength though. They arent just for measuring how strong you are. Ive been able to improve my grip strength using them. I got them because I cant deadlift 500 lbs now because of my heart. So I use the grippers.

Did you ever try to learn hook grip. It will definatley hiet if your not used to it.

use straps and other assistance as little as possible. don't fret over it. plate holds, symmetrical etc would and should inspire a bit of hope. we had a piece of CONSTRUCTION aquarium reptile complex is underway) that took far longer than expected on my end. food and survival; the two things that should be at the forefront of any bodybuilders advice. that's technically the truth from an evolutionary standpoint, is it not?

Once I got versa grip I never had to change or go back. They are most simple and effective tool for hands/grip there is IMO. I dont know if I’d call myself lazy or mentally challenged but using the old school straps jus pissed me off more than anything and took too much time settin up each time.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws