over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

beta blockers

testi1969

Registered
Hi ,

What are your thoughts if your taking bystolic a (betablocker) with test, hgh, and tbol with arimidex would there be any contraindications?

Thanks

T

Is not an issue :)

today i actually cut the pill in half to taper off but you guys dont see an issue- anyone elses thoughts

The problem with beta blockers when you're trainng is they basically don't let your heart beat get above a certain level - thats how they work. That can be a problem in any kind of weight training - and really doesn't work with cardio. I have HBP and had to get off beta blockers fast - they have other things that don't work that way, but get the job done. Hell, long range precision shooters sometimes take atenolol (beta blocker) before a match - slows down their heartbeat, and when you do that "slooooow" squeeze until it suddenly goes bang you just don't hardly move.

The problem with beta blockers when you're trainng is they basically don't let your heart beat get above a certain level - thats how they work. That can be a problem in any kind of weight training - and really doesn't work with cardio. I have HBP and had to get off beta blockers fast - they have other things that don't work that way, but get the job done. Hell, long range precision shooters sometimes take atenolol (beta blocker) before a match - slows down their heartbeat, and when you do that "slooooow" squeeze until it suddenly goes bang you just don't hardly move.

Right here. I was on Bystolic and that is an awful drug for bodybuilding. It slows down your metabolism something terrible. My heart rate could never get above 80 even when doing cardio. Made me lethargic, couldn't get excited about anything. They inhibit the fight or fight response totally so getting excited about anything was near impossible. Switched to Losartan which is an ARB, and things are back to normal.

I was on an extremely low dose of a beta Blocker for 2 months last year. (a near perfect overlap of me trying Tren) So just for fun I had a test to see where my anerobic threshold and max heart rate were at while on a low dose of beta blocker. (tren was discontinued at this point) Both my AT and Max heart rate were down more than 30 beats each.

They really zap you. Avoid them when possible. (adjust all aspects of your lifestyle first) but if you really need one, I would take a BB over a stroke.

I was on an extremely low dose of a beta Blocker for 2 months last year. (a near perfect overlap of me trying Tren) So just for fun I had a test to see where my anerobic threshold and max heart rate were at while on a low dose of beta blocker. (tren was discontinued at this point) Both my AT and Max heart rate were down more than 30 beats each.

They really zap you. Avoid them when possible. (adjust all aspects of your lifestyle first) but if you really need one, I would take a BB over a stroke.

how do you meaure ur anaerobic threshold.

BB make you not give a shit about anything. But if you have to have them then it is better than dying.

Don't like the lower amount of oxygen that bb cause. If you have asthma or other lung conditions like COPD it will cause weesing in lungs due to the lack of oxygen.

I take Diltiazem only when needed, meaning if I start getting high blood presure then I back down androgens until blood presure is in check and drop the bp med.

A BIG thanks to all your responses !!! i did cut the 5mg bystolic beta block in half to make it 2.5 mgs. Ive been on it for 6 months and my rest HR is around 50 bpm and at at moderate to intence cardio i can get it to about 110 or 120 max at 5mgs per day. ive been at 2.5mgs and was going to test my cardio out put within a wek or so at this doseage the only side effects at 5mgs per day was diareaha and dizzy when bending down then standing up. but just the thought of a low heart rate i would think this screws with your metabolism becuase i usually train cardio at 70% of max HR. Was also worried about mixing with test and HGH how that would effect hormone levels since it does block some hormones and shut down adrenaline.

A BIG thanks to all your responses !!! i did cut the 5mg bystolic beta block in half to make it 2.5 mgs. Ive been on it for 6 months and my rest HR is around 50 bpm and at at moderate to intence cardio i can get it to about 110 or 120 max at 5mgs per day. ive been at 2.5mgs and was going to test my cardio out put within a wek or so at this doseage the only side effects at 5mgs per day was diareaha and dizzy when bending down then standing up. but just the thought of a low heart rate i would think this screws with your metabolism becuase i usually train cardio at 70% of max HR. Was also worried about mixing with test and HGH how that would effect hormone levels since it does block some hormones and shut down adrenaline.

My question is why are you taking this? It sounds like youre doing this on your own, self medicating? You suffer from high bp while on cycle?

If I were you I would see a doc when your BP is high and get on a better medicine for you. You would probably be just fine on a low dose of an ace inhibitor like lisinopril. I dont understand why youre taking the beta blocker.

Maybe you did see a doc and theres a reason why youre on it?

Like the others said I would avoid this class of drug unless you really need it for a medical reason. Im on 80 mg/day which is the biggest dose they give and it really slows me down. Lethargy, slow heart rate,etc. I have no choice though because Im just a few steps away from heart failure.

My bp went out of control when i took tren too long last year and too much other crap plus diet was terrible heart was papatating bp was 250/110 was in terrible shape inside. i always had border line bp while off cycle 140/80 since last years episdode i have lost quite a bit of weight straightened up diet and im feeling great. was thinking of backing off the meds or keeping it at half the dose prescribed. MY bp is currently 120/70

Just like any other medication, it's only good if you actually have symptoms and need it. I personally have hyperandrenalism, and beta blockers works wonders for it. I would always have a slight trembling in my hands, and my heart rate would shoot up immediately if I did absolutely anything, even just bring the trash outside.

My bp went out of control when i took tren too long last year and too much other crap plus diet was terrible heart was papatating bp was 250/110 was in terrible shape inside. i always had border line bp while off cycle 140/80 since last years episdode i have lost quite a bit of weight straightened up diet and im feeling great. was thinking of backing off the meds or keeping it at half the dose prescribed. MY bp is currently 120/70

Oh, so you did see a doc and are under his care, thats great. I would see the doctor again and see what he says. All youre on is the beta blocker?

Considering how it sounds like you have a predisposition to heart/bp issues I would really think hard about your AAS usage and keep a close eye on things. Get a CBC done 4x a year if youre on AAS a lot. See this thread about a guy that just had a stroke. I had a heart attack too at that age of 38.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/84019-happy-bday-stroke-me.html

Oh, so you did see a doc and are under his care, thats great. I would see the doctor again and see what he says. All youre on is the beta blocker?

Considering how it sounds like you have a predisposition to heart/bp issues I would really think hard about your AAS usage and keep a close eye on things. Get a CBC done 4x a year if youre on AAS a lot. See this thread about a guy that just had a stroke. I had a heart attack too at that age of 38.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/84019-happy-bday-stroke-me.html

oh damn maldorf.... scarey stuff... i was sent to the cardiologist after almost having stroke in 7-11... i believe it was mostly because i was taking tren for 7 months and eating garbage plus taking tbol and anadrol which through me over edge now im thinking of just doing a little hgh for anti aging and maintaining maybe very light test once a week... but wasnt sure if i could take that while on hgh

oh damn maldorf.... scarey stuff... i was sent to the cardiologist after almost having stroke in 7-11... i believe it was mostly because i was taking tren for 7 months and eating garbage plus taking tbol and anadrol which through me over edge now im thinking of just doing a little hgh for anti aging and maintaining maybe very light test once a week... but wasnt sure if i could take that while on hgh

Damn I bet taking all of that your HDL was near 0. Glad to hear you got off all that stuff, you were headed down a path of destruction.

total cholesterol was 450 LDL was around 380 my HDL was somewhere near 25 was a death path i feel incredible now all my numbers are in check to perfect get blood work every 3 months

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear