advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood pressure high enough for beta blockers?

beast405

Well-known member / Kilo Klub
Registered
Just recently went to the doc and blood work was really good. Only thing that was somewhat out of range was blood pressure. It was 141/80. It’s normally in that range. But my doc hasn’t said anything about a blood pressure med. what your opinion? Would you ask about maybe getting put on a beta blocker to prevent any future problems from it ?

Any reason you're looking at a beta blocker vs an ARB? Telmisartan would be my first choice and then go from there.
I didn’t word it right brother. I was actually thinking of arbs when I posted this! Thank you.

I didn’t word it right brother. I was actually thinking of arbs when I posted this! Thank you.
Cool. I wouldn't hesitate to add Telmisartan and go from there, low dose Nebivolol optional depending on your resting heart rate.

Whats your weight, body fat, how often do you do cardio? What has your blood pressure been In the past? Getting on BP meds isn't something just to "be one of the guys" its a huge life decision. It's not that high and there is a good chance you can get it down (depending on what your doing). Mine has been that and higher before, but lately it's been perfect, never used BP meds just lowered dosages a bit, cut out some caffeine and energy drinks, ramped up the cardio.

Whats your weight, body fat, how often do you do cardio? What has your blood pressure been In the past? Getting on BP meds isn't something just to "be one of the guys" its a huge life decision. It's not that high and there is a good chance you can get it down (depending on what your doing). Mine has been that and higher before, but lately it's been perfect, never used BP meds just lowered dosages a bit, cut out some caffeine and energy drinks, ramped up the cardio.
How is using Telmisartan a "huge life decision"? This isn't like going on TRT or something...

If his high BP is something he can mitigate with lifestyle/diet/electrolytes/etc., he can take a mild ARB until he brings his BP down naturally and then look at coming off. People do it all the time.

Anyway, if he's using significant AAS, using something like Telmisartan is beneficial even if his BP isn't high.

A strange mindset to ask questions about his lifestyle when none was given?

a strange mindset to refer to taking blood pressure medication as a 'huge life decision'.. like i quoted above

A strange mindset to ask questions about his lifestyle when none was given?
I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you ignored Othello's quote and then strawman'd him, or the fact that the link you posted suggests that BP medication would likely be prescribed in the OP's case.

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you ignored Othello's quote and then strawman'd him, or the fact that the link you posted suggests that BP medication would likely be prescribed in the OP's case.
Did you read the link? Did you read the second number? Op has posted that he is cutting and uses minimal gear. When someone is cutting they are losing weight so a good chance it goes down, it does with me .

Your suggesting that he hops on bp meds at his current BP (with all other numbers good)... temporarily ....then drop them when he doesn't need them. Do you think the doctor would agree?

A bèta-blocker also reduces the strain (from PEDs and from exercise) on your heart so it's actually a heart-healthy medication. (My GP's exact words)

I know I will be alone with my opinion but I think every PED-user should be on one.

Did you read the link? Did you read the second number? Op has posted that he is cutting and uses minimal gear. When someone is cutting they are losing weight so a good chance it goes down, it does with me .

Your suggesting that he hops on bp meds at his current BP (with all other numbers good)... temporarily ....then drop them when he doesn't need them. Do you think the doctor would agree?
If you want to argue that 141/80 fits in the "130/80" category rather than the "140/90" category, you can, but you'd be wrong by any reasonable interpretation.

The clinical definition of Stage 2 hypertension is "a systolic pressure of 140 mm Hg or higher OR a diastolic pressure of 90 mm Hg or higher."

It's an either/or, not a "both".

Also, the fact that he's currently in a cutting phase and still showing high BP makes it even MORE indicative of high BP that needs to be addressed, doesn't it?

Also, he did say "minimal gear" but in a post from 3 weeks ago he said he's on "Test cyp 500mg , mast e 400mg , eq 300mg, 50mg winni , 25mcg t3".

He's on a legit gram and a half of gear, haha. IMO Anyone taking that amount should be running Telmisartan for a multitude of reasons, and in his case, bringing down BP a bit would be a nice side-benefit.

It's a no-brainer to put him on 40mg Telmisartan and probably 2.5-5mg of Nebivolol daily IMO, and monitor BP over the coming weeks, with the option to titrate the Telmisartan up to 80mg.

It's extremely unlikely he'd need to get any more aggressive than that.

Obv dialing in electrolytes/hydration/basic cardio should be done regardless of what his BP says.

And to answer your question about a doctor having him run an ARB and then drop it later if it's not needed, I don't know why you think that's some big issue. People do it all the time, and yes, doctors are all about it.

Not going to lie I don’t do enough cardio. I’m 5’10 220lbs-225lbs. I just figured something like telmesartan couldn’t hurt. As far as huge life decisions I made a big one when I started aas 10+ years ago ya know ?

A bèta-blocker also reduces the strain (from PEDs and from exercise) on your heart so it's actually a heart-healthy medication. (My GP's exact words)

I know I will be alone with my opinion but I think every PED-user should be on one.
you’re not alone. Nebivolol has been great for me

If you want to argue that 141/80 fits in the "130/80" category rather than the "140/90" category, you can, but you'd be wrong by any reasonable interpretation.

The clinical definition of Stage 2 hypertension is "a systolic pressure of 140 mm Hg or higher OR a diastolic pressure of 90 mm Hg or higher."

It's an either/or, not a "both".

Also, the fact that he's currently in a cutting phase and still showing high BP makes it even MORE indicative of high BP that needs to be addressed, doesn't it?

Also, he did say "minimal gear" but in a post from 3 weeks ago he said he's on "Test cyp 500mg , mast e 400mg , eq 300mg, 50mg winni , 25mcg t3".

He's on a legit gram and a half of gear, haha. IMO Anyone taking that amount should be running Telmisartan for a multitude of reasons, and in his case, bringing down BP a bit would be a nice side-benefit.

It's a no-brainer to put him on 40mg Telmisartan and probably 2.5-5mg of Nebivolol daily IMO, and monitor BP over the coming weeks, with the option to titrate the Telmisartan up to 80mg.

It's extremely unlikely he'd need to get any more aggressive than that.

Obv dialing in electrolytes/hydration/basic cardio should be done regardless of what his BP says.

And to answer your question about a doctor having him run an ARB and then drop it later if it's not needed, I don't know why you think that's some big issue. People do it all the time, and yes, doctors are all about it.

Agree to disagree. Neither of us is a doctor, but if a single reading at that number meant get on BP meds I would be on them as I have had high blood pressure readings, and I don't need them my BP is perfect without. I think its ridiculous to use medication unless its actually needed. Again im not a doctor but I don't think doctors are putting everyone who hits 141 on meds right away...as you can see in my post "we need more information". What was it last time, 138/77 or 150/90? We have no idea hence why I said we need more info vs "get on a med ASAP"

And disagree on you saying if he cutting it means he needs BP more. If he is cutting he is losing weight, he is making a lifestyle change (there are others he can do in addition to cutting like lowering dose, switching compounds, diet, more cardio). I would THINK any doctor would recommend him to make those changes (which he is) before putting him on medicine. I am no expert so you know more, what is the minimum amount of time a doctor will put someone on these meds and do they like to put them on people for a few weeks then take them off?

Seems like alot the he is only slightly in the area where he would needs meds at one reading and he is planning to LOSE weight.

Not going to lie I don’t do enough cardio. I’m 5’10 220lbs-225lbs. I just figured something like telmesartan couldn’t hurt. As far as huge life decisions I made a big one when I started aas 10+ years ago ya know ?
Good luck with the cut. I just think anytime someone considers taking a daily medication/drug (TRT, Cholesterol, BP Meds, Mental Medication) its a big decision. Maybe we have members who used BP meds very briefly and then stopped, I assume most are on for life. I do not agree with the poster above who says "every PED user should be on BP meds"

Hell there are little female who may use winstrol var, and have low BP. My BP is 124/80 and pulse 73 now (ive had readings over 150/90 in the past) should I be on daily medication? I don't think everyone should all of a sudden start using anti-e, ED Meds, and BP meds because they run a little juice, these things should be used as needed. Just trying to give you a different perspective and my experience because I feel like some people are of the mindset that every AAS user is bound to have high blood pressure and medication is mandatory, there are many of us who don't need or use MEDS (albeit most are at a lower BMI if you plan to bulk up to 230,240 the BP is going to go up and the chances you need them increase).

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws