YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Better to stick with one source/batch to avoid variables....your thoughts?

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
If this is any way some kind of rules violation since it's talking about sources, albeit not asking for sources, please delete and my apologies mods!

I was having a PM discussion with someone and this thought popped up in my head, wanted to gauge your guys take on it.

I used to buy from H-as, guy was a complete piece of shit no need to get into that part but when I would buy from him I used to buy large quantities and was running the same batches of gear for years. Even though it turned out his shit was really under dosed and all the numbers in my logs meant nothing I was completely dialed in with his stuff. The numbers on the vials being BS didn't mean anything because I knew exactly my tolerance with it, how much I needed to run to achieve a certain result or avoid side effects....things of that nature. There was a lower amount of variables.

Since then I have kinda jumped from sponsor to sponsor, I have one main one but even he seems to have endless supply issues and I'm always having to take substitutes for what I previously used from him, as in different brands as he carries multiple. I believe this is a main contributing reason as to why I haven't been able to get dialed into my gear like before, I've created too many variables with the gear I am using. I know that sounds like common sense but I've never seen it discussed before, it's something I should have realized a long time ago I don't why it took me so long to come to this epiphany about it.

So buying in bulk and creating a "baseline" for that specific set of gear is seaming like the best way to go and jumping from sponsor to sponsor trying different things or even different batches from the same sponsor leads to too many unneeded variables.

What do you guys think?

I'm a big fan of that also personally. I dont mind spending the $$$, I just want it to be real and consistent.

I would 100% agree.
For years I jumped from one to the other. Sometimes 250 Sust would knock me on my ass, other times it felt like nothing. Honestly, i had no idea what the dose was so it was hard for me to determine anything. But after awhile of using 1 and only 1 source, you know the feeling and you're right, you're working with less variables.

I do this all the time with clients. I tell them that when they do go buy their chicken breast or 96/4 ground beef, TRY to stick to that certain brand (I mean at least for calculations). Eliminate all other variables. Going from grocery store chicken breast to random rotisserie chicken breast THEN to from the butcher chicken breast is jumping around too much. We WANT to believe its all the same, but the more we can eliminate other sources and stick to one, the more precise we can be when changes need to be made. I've honestly seen so many people fuck their diets up this way. Switching something and not telling their coach, suddenly there's a swing of a pound and no one knows why lol. IMO gear can/should be treated the same way.

Now I do think that someone's diet can and should be more important. But for the purpose of BBing, running 600mg of EQ and running 300mg is noticeable. I would at least stick to a certain source for as long as one is running that particular blast.

Happy to hear I’m not just over thinking it, honestly I feel like a jackass for not considering this sooner. It’s common sense, just made the thread hoping it would put it into others minds that also didn’t consider it....

The problem is things have to be ordered and received in small quantities..so good luck getting any sort of batch consistency. And every time the source runs out and has to re-up on raws I always consider all the variables.
Different batch from raw supplier
Ethics of raw supplier
Potential purposeful deception
Potential inadvertently supplying less than quality product..or wrong product.
Then repeat all over again with the same general concerns once it goes to the sponsor.

This is why when someone's primo, var, exotic has tested well in the past..thats a great sign and shows accuracy and integrity..but what happens when that sells out and they have to make more? All you can do is hope the process and product didn't change or send more off to be tested.

The problem is things have to be ordered and received in small quantities..so good luck getting any sort of batch consistency. And every time the source runs out and has to re-up on raws I always consider all the variables.
Different batch from raw supplier
Ethics of raw supplier
Potential purposeful deception
Potential inadvertently supplying less than quality product..or wrong product.
Then repeat all over again with the same general concerns once it goes to the sponsor.

This is why when someone's primo, var, exotic has tested well in the past..thats a great sign and shows accuracy and integrity..but what happens when that sells out and they have to make more? All you can do is hope the process and product didn't change or send more off to be tested.

By saying they have to be ordered in small quantities do you mean the raws ordered by the supplier as in a singular batch is made from multiple different batches of raws? Or do you mean us picking them up in small quantities?

I am a low dose guy, relatively speaking so medium sized orders last me a long time. I maybe order every six to nine months. I stick with one sponsor and will until he is no longer in business. Like you I have no idea if his dosage claims are accurate but I do know what I take is consistent. Another reason I stick with one is that I really don't want my name/address on a bunch of dealers logs............lol

Buy raws and make it yourself. You can make several years worth of Test for less than $400. If the raw is good, you will know every single ML you have is exactly the same thing.

Buy raws and make it yourself. You can make several years worth of Test for less than $400. If the raw is good, you will know every single ML you have is exactly the same thing.

Yea that’s the best way to probably go about it but I’m not ready to make that jump, don’t know if I ever will be to be honest. This isn’t necessarily about cost it’s about reducing variables....what you pointed out solves a lot of that but most guys won’t ever take it to that level.

Yes, to keep it simple. Too many unverifiable variables, it's just too much.

By saying they have to be ordered in small quantities do you mean the raws ordered by the supplier as in a singular batch is made from multiple different batches of raws? Or do you mean us picking them up in small quantities?
I mean importing the raws are hard enough. They aren't coming in 55gallon barrels. This isn't the 90s or early 2000s when you most certainly could get away with ordering bigger packages of raw material. AND...here's what else I mean..most sponsors don't have or don't want to fork up the money to get kilograms of exotics. The cost would be tremendous..so theyd rather have pre sales and make a little bit at a time to fund their endeavor to provide such things. That's where your batch consistency is likely out the window..and all the other things I mentioned come into play. There are so many layers to it and you - the consumer are at the mercy of all of it.

Interesting thread that I have thought about before- in reality purchasing Pharma grade products is much better- that’s ok hat I’m leaning towards

I mean importing the raws are hard enough. They aren't coming in 55gallon barrels. This isn't the 90s or early 2000s when you most certainly could get away with ordering bigger packages of raw material. AND...here's what else I mean..most sponsors don't have or don't want to fork up the money to get kilograms of exotics. The cost would be tremendous..so theyd rather have pre sales and make a little bit at a time to fund their endeavor to provide such things. That's where your batch consistency is likely out the window..and all the other things I mentioned come into play. There are so many layers to it and you - the consumer are at the mercy of all of it.

Interesting and very true, sucks to even say it but that wouldn’t be a problem with the China. But god do I hate giving them my money and dealing with them, no I’m not talking about for political reasons....

Interesting thread that I have thought about before- in reality purchasing Pharma grade products is much better- that’s ok hat I’m leaning towards
This seems like a logical approach, and I felt this way for some time. Now its really gets me to questioning a sponsor who sells pharma grade tren a, not really sure what condition it is, or was prescribed for.

Definitely agree that pharma is always the way to go....if it’s legit, nobody would argue that.

But the point is that even if it’s UGL and it’s not dosed properly as long as you are consistently using that same batch it doesn’t matter because you will gauge your dosages, results and tolerances based on it. Then when you use different that all gets tossed out....

Definitely agree that pharma is always the way to go....if it’s legit, nobody would argue that.

But the point is that even if it’s UGL and it’s not dosed properly as long as you are consistently using that same batch it doesn’t matter because you will gauge your dosages, results and tolerances based on it. Then when you use different that all gets tossed out....
Point understood 👍

I have been fortunate to have the same local source for ten years. While I don't worry about batch variability, I do buy enough to run for a few years if needed, in case he wants to close down this business line.
Different cause, but I don't see anything wrong with stocking up on a good thing.

Do any of you guys ever send items out to be tested. Like buy a batch in quantity and send out a vial to determine dose and authenticity of the item?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear