over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bicep tear.

went and met with another dr. to review my mri's. theres a small 2cm tear/gap of where the muscle should connect. said the muscle didn't roll up since it potentially didn't have anywhere to go. I have to go back in 2 weeks to follow up but I decided to opt out of surgery so I won't be out as long. I work with my hands. one of the reasons why I plan on opting out. It makes a slight difference in the bicep visually but not that much to where i am concerned. going to try and get a pic to upload today. won't be flexed but it will show the slight difference.

I opted out of surgery as well. I tore both distal tendons and they rolled up only a little, then fused. Lost some strength initially, but gained most of it back.
I'll tell you this, it does fuck with me mentally, knowing I could look better. I have gaps on both arms. I wear elbow sleeves sometimes to cover that area while at the gym.
If I had to do it all over again, I'm not sure if I'd make the same decision. it's your call.
I blew my right tricep near the elbow too....that was a definite surgery. No getting around that one.
If you can live with those gaps, decreased bicep strength and knowing you could be better, then don't do the surgery.

I opted out of surgery as well. I tore both distal tendons and they rolled up only a little, then fused. Lost some strength initially, but gained most of it back.
I'll tell you this, it does fuck with me mentally, knowing I could look better. I have gaps on both arms. I wear elbow sleeves sometimes to cover that area while at the gym.
If I had to do it all over again, I'm not sure if I'd make the same decision. it's your call.
I blew my right tricep near the elbow too....that was a definite surgery. No getting around that one.
If you can live with those gaps, decreased bicep strength and knowing you could be better, then don't do the surgery.

If it heals and I can flex it/ contract still, then I'm ok with it. I'm sure by then it might be too late. I mean there's a thumb size gap to where it should be. It is what it is. I was fortunate for it not to roll completely up. I also have short ass arms so I don't believe it will be a huge difference. I'll see the difference when I can flex and train it again. I mean it would be different if I was aiming for a pro card or something. but to me its a hobby at the end of the day. as of now I'm opting out though.

I had a full distal biceps tendon rupture in 2012. Worst injury of my life. There was a complication after the surgery where extra bone started growing around the reattachment site on the radius. I had zero supination or pronation (rotation of the forearm at the elbow) after the cast came off. They did a second surgery to remove the bone growth, which at least gave me 45 degree rotation in either direction.

It took well over a year to feel mostly normal again. I never stopped lifting, not counting a 2 week break after each surgery. It took a couple years to get most of the strength back in that arm. There's a extra gap between the elbow and biceps on that arm, but I don't care. I'm happy to have most of the old functionality back.

4 1/2 years later, I'm close to being in the best shape of my life. I mean the best shape in terms of muscle development, not in terms of powerlifting numbers. That experience convinced me to change my workout strategy and stop lifting for pure strength.

i tore tendons on both arms, one in '09 and then last year the right went.
left arm looks good, nice peak now. right one looks shitty. but i knew it was only gonna be asthetic, not crippling, so i decided to let it go also.
there's docs who have bb'ers ask them to cut tendons so they can get that peak. for real.
as far as strength, if i was doing 70lb dumbbell curls right arm id have to use 60 on the left, not really much strength loss.
now tho? i rarely do direct bicep work, back day takes care of it, since ripping one again = disaster.
uniceps, i have now.

Post up your MRI report. only then can i give you a proper post surgery recommendation.

For those that avulsed part of the bone at its distal attachment a combo of GH, Insulin. Vit D, calcium and LIPUS would work

If myotendinous junction without bone avulsion id probably suggest GH even though the studies done at the supra myotend junctiion showed it could impair recovery until we see more data i tend to think it would improve it.

It also depends on how they repair it. I will be able to tell you how they will repair it based on the MRI report.

No steroids wont work and they will probably make things worse. Ive posted numerous times about steroids and collagen and they make things worse.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws