advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blast then Cruise -- Blast the Cruise ...ect.

spartan

Registered
What is the longest anyone has run a blast cruise? What was the dosage and AAS that were used during the Blast and for how long? What was the dosage and the AAS that were used during the Cruise and for how long. Just trying to get an idea of what has been run ect.

Most people on trt that I know "blast" just as long as a normal cycle (12-16 weeks) @ around 500-750mg of test and whatever else they want to stack and then go back down to there 150mg-250mg "cruise" dose of just test.

Yeah the principle is consistent: a period of lower doses then a period of higher doses rinse and repeat.
The execution of that is widely varied. For example as stated above some people cruise on relative TRT doses and blast around a gram or so. I myself do this now. However, other guys cruise with 500mg+ a week and then blast with multiple grams. Compound selection is also a bit of factor. Generally most cruises are just test or maybe test and mast. Blasts obviously will be kitchen sinks of products. Even using GH varies. While of course longer is better if budget is a limiting factor [which it is for many of us] is it better to use the GH on the blast or the cruise? Most people would gravitate to the blast but not everyone. Some use the GH on the cruise under the "bridging" mentality till their next blast. Ultimately though if someone's blast or cruise is only 2-3 months and their GH run is also only 2-3 months that's still a bit sub-optimal. Then again anything is better than nothing and as aforementioned not everyone can afford a nice four-six month run on GH.

Bottom line find the doses and compounds you need for both blasting and cruising and go with it. There isn't truly a right or wrong plan. Having said that TRT levels for cruises and pick your poison for the blasts is very popular and widely used.

If you want to be safe and be able to cruise you need to be sure to use a low enough cruise dose of test. A true HRT dose of test (100 mg-maybe 200mg/wk) is the safest bet. If you cruise on more than that then youre running a very good chance of having troubles with hematocrit and cholesterol. Not exactly heart healthy. Even on HRT doses some guys have hematocrit issues and may need to give blood (phleobotomies).

I did the blast and cruise thing for over 1 year. I was blasting with about 750 mg test and 250 mg deca or tren, so 1 gram total. My cruise would be about 350 mg or so. I had a really high hematocrit after doing that. I was using the 350 mg/wk dose because I found it was the lowest I could go and still maintain what muscle I had built up. Looking back, I should have dropped that down to 100 mg/wk and just delt with losing some muscle. It was when I was doing this blasting and cruising that I had my blood clot and subsequent heart attack.

I was thinking of trying this method but wanted to do it Trevor Smith style..Basically 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off or go down to a 100mg/wk cruising dose for the 4 weeks. What do you think of doing this and using 8 week comp cycles as well. It'll allow you to compete more often especially if you were national level and wanted to to the USA's and the Nationals and have enough time off between cycles. What do you think?

Great feedback, and very useful. I will def. keep my cruise down to 100 to 125. I was thinking 250 since it is 250 Test C or Test E. Dose it matter if you use long or short esters when your cruising. Just came off a short ester run and feel like a pin cushion so I was thinking I would go with the longer esters.

If you want to be safe and be able to cruise you need to be sure to use a low enough cruise dose of test. A true HRT dose of test (100 mg-maybe 200mg/wk) is the safest bet. If you cruise on more than that then youre running a very good chance of having troubles with hematocrit and cholesterol. Not exactly heart healthy. Even on HRT doses some guys have hematocrit issues and may need to give blood (phleobotomies).

I did the blast and cruise thing for over 1 year. I was blasting with about 750 mg test and 250 mg deca or tren, so 1 gram total. My cruise would be about 350 mg or so. I had a really high hematocrit after doing that. I was using the 350 mg/wk dose because I found it was the lowest I could go and still maintain what muscle I had built up. Looking back, I should have dropped that down to 100 mg/wk and just delt with losing some muscle. It was when I was doing this blasting and cruising that I had my blood clot and subsequent heart attack.

Great feedback, and very useful. I will def. keep my cruise down to 100 to 125. I was thinking 250 since it is 250 Test C or Test E. Dose it matter if you use long or short esters when your cruising. Just came off a short ester run and feel like a pin cushion so I was thinking I would go with the longer esters.

Yeah, just use something like cyp. If you havent had any troubles in the past running pcts I would personally just do that rather than cruise. IMO, the only reason to cruise on a HRT dose is if you find that you cannot recover your natural test. Guys might find that they cannot ever recover to a good natural blood level of test. The other reason to cruise would be to cruise on a dose that puts your testosterone at a higher than normal level but much lower than a blast;when you do that youre not letting your body recupe and you are risking health problems.

how often would one have to give blood? The last time I had my blood work done I was just barely over the accepted limit for the hema (however I was fighting an infection-abcess at the time)

i been blasting an crusing for about a year and a half

cruise dose started at 200mg test weekly, now either 300 test weekly, or 200 test with 60mg tren weekly

usually crusie anywhere between 6-12 weeks, depends on whether im really in the mood to get back on and grow or cut

or whether i jus wanna take it easy abit and give my health a rest and reover, then ill just cruise longer

blasts for growth usualy 8-10 weeks, after that i feel that i dont grow, if im cutting 10-12 weeks since takes me abit longer to cut down to really low single digit bf%

You think increasing cardio could help decrease the hemocrit numbers? I'm gonna cruise after a while, but plan on increasing cardio.

Going on 2 years and plan to do another 20 years...very moderate though.
Cruise has been 200-250 test (and a bit gh) for months and months...then about twice a year I will add in an anabolic and at MOST double the test. For example winter time maybe 300 deca weekly and 400-500 test for 10 wks...summer time might just add Mast at 150-300mg a week for 10-12 weeks...simple.

Terrific point here!
When RBC, iron, hematocrit etc all kept rising and my HDL kept falling despite being on a statin when I was crusing with 500mg a week, dropped it to 250mg and it stopped getting worse but it also didn't get better. Nowadays I cruise with 150-175mg a week and finally is some reversal taking place. I do still give blood on my cruises as its kinda necessary given how atrocious my numbers were and to an extent still are. So like others have said I really consider 200mg to be the ceiling these days for cruising and if you can get away with less more power to you.

6 weeks on, 4 off works nice...4 weeks of pct, then back to it....just a suggestion...admittedly I'm going to try the cruise on trt doses next...

I was thinking of trying this method but wanted to do it Trevor Smith style..Basically 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off or go down to a 100mg/wk cruising dose for the 4 weeks. What do you think of doing this and using 8 week comp cycles as well. It'll allow you to compete more often especially if you were national level and wanted to to the USA's and the Nationals and have enough time off between cycles. What do you think?

6 weeks on, 4 off works nice...4 weeks of pct, then back to it....just a suggestion...admittedly I'm going to try the cruise on trt doses next...

You two guys ever read the blast/cruise article by DC? It's interesting stuff. The short but frequent cycles make more sense than infrequent but long cycles if you have access to short esters and don't mind pinning frequently.

You two guys ever read the blast/cruise article by DC? It's interesting stuff. The short but frequent cycles make more sense than infrequent but long cycles if you have access to short esters and don't mind pinning frequently.

I have read through them...if you are referring to the ones from years ago...good stuff for sure. Short 3-5 week blasts then cruise for 6-8 weeks I think? Could still use longer esters I think...

I prefer LONG cruises and only a couple times a year doing 10 weeks at *slightly* higher doses with an extra product added in, seasonally dependent. To me the 3-5 week blasts would just be really showing me results and then I would be backing off immediately...but everyone is different...last time I tried the shorter blast I ended up lengthening it in fact. ;)

You think increasing cardio could help decrease the hemocrit numbers? I'm gonna cruise after a while, but plan on increasing cardio.

Some on here swear that it does, but it had zero affect on mine. Thats just my experience though.

Terrific point here!
When RBC, iron, hematocrit etc all kept rising and my HDL kept falling despite being on a statin when I was crusing with 500mg a week, dropped it to 250mg and it stopped getting worse but it also didn't get better. Nowadays I cruise with 150-175mg a week and finally is some reversal taking place. I do still give blood on my cruises as its kinda necessary given how atrocious my numbers were and to an extent still are. So like others have said I really consider 200mg to be the ceiling these days for cruising and if you can get away with less more power to you.

Thanks for sharing this. I did the same too, I dropped my cruise yo about 250 mg test/wk and the problem did not get any worse but did not improve. I had the same experience as you. I ended up getting greedy though and went back to cruising on 350mg/wk because I was loosing muscle on the 250. The silly sacrifices we are willing to make to hold onto a few measley pounds of muscle.

One can also do short burst cycles using long esters too. 4 weeks long and its over. The only thing is that the dose is really high, somewhat like how Borrenson would call for. I tried a few of those and I would belive it or not make about the same gains in 4 weeks on those cycles as I would on a traditional 10 week cycle. I do think however that it is not a real healthy thing to do, although youre on cycle less than half the time you would be on a traditional cycle. My blood test results did not come back any worse after running one of those short burst cycles and I was a bit surprised. Sometimes being on a lower dose but longer does more damage I suppose, who knows.

Thanks for sharing this. I did the same too, I dropped my cruise yo about 250 mg test/wk and the problem did not get any worse but did not improve. I had the same experience as you. I ended up getting greedy though and went back to cruising on 350mg/wk because I was loosing muscle on the 250. The silly sacrifices we are willing to make to hold onto a few measley pounds of muscle.

Yeah I'm definitely about 8-10lbs lighter with the lower cruise dose but I needed the break. Hard to believe just 75mg a week would make that much difference in me [175 vs 250 a week]. Like you said I'm going to ride this lower dose trt cruise as long as I can stand it. As long as my heart and blood numbers keep improving I'll probably stick with it for a few more months even. Maybe this prolonged cruise at lower doses will make me more responsive to my next blast.

yes sir....got it straight from the horses mouth lol....still have the email...

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner