advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

blood donation: whole blood or double red?

• Thread starter Deleted member 121863
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 121863

when donating blood which do you give? Which is better? I imagine double red is better for lowering RBC and hematocrit, right? Now I`m only on 250 test/wk and 250 deca/week but gonna start some adrol soon.

I went in this morning and was going to do whole, and they wouldnt let me since my pulse was too high..

Depends on your iron/ferritin/transferrin saturation % levels if you should do a single or double RBC.

For each 500ml of blood loss, we lose approximately 250 mg of iron. For a double red blood cell, you have the potential to lose upwards of 500mg of iron. Keep in mind, we generally store in circulation approximately 4000mg or 4 grams +/- of iron. After a single phlebotomy, it can take several months to restore our iron levels back to baseline, if there's no iron supplemention involved.

Generally with each single phlebotomy we lose a good portion of our ferritin by about 30-50ng/mL, with a double RBC, we could see a substantial drop in ferritin. A healthy range is around 25-150ng/mL. Ferritin is the storage form of iron, which partakes in many roles in our body. Dropping our ferritin too low for extended periods of time, can lead to some nasty consequences.

All in all, if you haven't had a phlebotomy in over a year and you don't show the typical iron deficiency signs, a double RBC would be fine. On the other hand, if you've had a few phlebotomies in the last year, I'd advise checking your iron-ferritin status as aforementioned before doing a double RBC.

Last edited:
105 resting, but Im on tren and got anxiety just going into the place so I know my HR increased as well as BP.

Not good, you need to get that down. Bad sign IMO. That was my first sign of heart trouble when I developed cardiomyopathy. The heart beats faster to compensate for a low stroke volume which can be due to having a low ejection fraction.

Anything over 100 bpm is clinical tachycardia. Measure it when you are lying in bed when you wake up in the morning. If it is over 100 then, I would be concerned. Mine was up to about 105-110.

Last edited:
105 resting, but Im on tren and got anxiety just going into the place so I know my HR increased as well as BP.

Yeah..so you have tachycardia and you might want to get that checked out. Kinda sorta need a heart to juice.

Double red is the best for your body some say they feel much better the next day after giving

they see my size and veins and they want double red from me. My iron always checks out good before hand but I`ll look a little closer at what it is this. Thanks stewie. This will be my second double red this year, last one was 5 or 6 months ago.

they see my size and veins and they want double red from me. My iron always checks out good before hand but I`ll look a little closer at what it is this. Thanks stewie. This will be my second double red this year, last one was 5 or 6 months ago.
I'm speculating you are referring to the finger prick prior to you donating blood? If so, this doesn't tell us what your iron levels are. This is looking at your hemoglobin levels. They're one in the same, yet different, very different. Very easy to erroneously confuse the two. Even the phlebotomist do this from time-to-time.

Personally I'd be leary of doing a double without further pursuing a complete iron work up. Single, sure. Even then I'd suggest in the future to look at your iron status. Very important :)

Depends on your blood type...they only do double red for certain blood types...you have to be O, A negative, or B negative. Usually once a year they'll open it up to some of the other blood types.

my resting heart rate is in the 60's but donating gives me anxiety also. I shoot up to 100-105 often and my BP does the same from 110/60 to 130/90. I'm learning to relax (white coat syndrome). If it's above 100 all the time only then is it a real issue as stated. And then ofcourse the tren will only add to the anxiety

Where i am they said once uve done a whole blood u can come back next time and do a double red....

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

Not good, you need to get that down. Bad sign IMO. That was my first sign of heart trouble when I developed cardiomyopathy. The heart beats faster to compensate for a low stroke volume which can be due to having a low ejection fraction.

Anything over 100 bpm is clinical tachycardia. Measure it when you are lying in bed when you wake up in the morning. If it is over 100 then, I would be concerned. Mine was up to about 105-110.

Thank you for the insight, health is number 1 so I think at this point dropping this tren might be the best idea. My BP has been high as well and that's the only thing I can think of that would bring it down.

If your heart rate is high only due to white coat syndrome you could use a low dose propanolol. I am pretty sure this is ok to donate on and would prevent the HR from jumping due to anxiety.

I just did a double red and have A+ blood. Am on scripted HRT and the Hematocrit does seem to creep up so I donate. Helps fulfill some of my university's community service hours as well so bonus there.

Depends on your blood type...they only do double red for certain blood types...you have to be O, A negative, or B negative. Usually once a year they'll open it up to some of the other blood types.

I have A negative blood type. The Red Cross wants me to do a double red. I have always just given single reds. I am concerned about the comments about iron blood levels, however.

iron was 16 on finger prick, so 48 on hematocrit, by finger prick. They took over a pint of blood but the alyx machine wouldn`t spin it! It kept getting an error before it could reach 100ml without interruption. I was bleeding good but the machine is done. They ended up not able to spin my blood, return anything to me or even use my blood, it got trashed! I`m O+ so they take mine any time. Bp was 106/58, pulse 60 :D No tren in my diet right now

I go every 13 weeks or whatever it is, so I just always do the whole blood. Did the double one time when they asked me to and its a weird sensation with the chilled blood going back in the second IV.

On another note - had a brain fart last month and donated one week before regular bloodwork. Screwed up all kinds of things that have never been out of normal parameters on BW. lol

iron was 16 on finger prick, so 48 on hematocrit, by finger prick. They took over a pint of blood but the alyx machine wouldn`t spin it! It kept getting an error before it could reach 100ml without interruption. I was bleeding good but the machine is done. They ended up not able to spin my blood, return anything to me or even use my blood, it got trashed! I`m O+ so they take mine any time. Bp was 106/58, pulse 60 :D No tren in my diet right now

That would be your hemoglobin. The Red Cross, as well as other blood donation centers aren't equipped to centrifuge blood to separate the components of the blood to check your iron status. To give you another example that this wouldn't be your iron levels. Normal iron ranges from 60-170 mcg/dL. If you was 16 mcg/dL you'd be iron deficient, and you'd be turned away or deferred.

It's confusing, believe me I understand :)

Again, before you do a double, I'd highly suggest you have a complete iron panel pulled.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131