over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding 15 years, never seen my abs

You guys think he's for real?

Gullible much?:D

Definitely real lol. I'm not really that into internet/message boards so I'm not sure if this kind of trolling happens a lot, if it does, sorry, but I'm just telling my legit story.

When I said I lost a pound a month, that diet took about two years, it wasn't even much of a diet as it was an attempt at very slowly resetting my off-season weight. I decided I didn't want to be much above a 32 inch waist "off-season". I don't recall my calories being more than 5% below maintenance, it was a breeze.

I'll typically drop about 4-6lbs per month on an actual cut, still once I get to 1600 and I'm doing about an hour of cardio per day, I start running out of options. I don't know if things will be different now that my test isn't in the gutter.

I believe the other question was about macros. I stopped counting macros about 3 years ago, counted them religiously for about 10 years and to be honest never noticed any difference from any type of fat/carb configuration.... fasting in the morning, eating heavy in the morning and light at night, keto, eating nothing but chicken, sweet potatos, rice, fish oil, olive oil, avocados and oats (literally did that for a good two years, not even a sip of a diet coke or anything) to just eating ice cream and burgers within my calories...... I personally never noticed any difference so these days I just A. Make sure I get 1g/lb protein, get 30g fiber, get 8-10 servings of fruits/veggies.... aside from that, i just hit my calories. I keep the numbers logged on excel daily, but not the carbs/fat.

Again, sorry if I'm upsetting some of you but this is what it is. I started training around 1999 I believe, it'd be nice if I could just come here and say "oh hey guys, I'm 180 and shredded".... that would make for nice conversation, but it's not the case.

EVERYONE has abs. you wont see them until the fat is gone.

it wont kill you to do a major calorie deficient diet to drop some pounds. so what if you lose a little bit of muscle mass in doing so.
i went from 200lbs with zero ab definition to 180 ripped in 30 days when i finally decided i was sick of being fat. this was ~6 years ago. ive had defined abs since and ive gained plenty of muscle in that time.

What kind of diet and training did you do in those 30 days? That's impressive

Please keep in mind guys, I was around 250ng/dl test... for who knows how long, I felt like shit since early 20's but docs just put me on anti-depressants and never did much testing.

I don't know if that played a major impact in me having such a hard time dieting properly. I'm no expert but I feel I know enough to get me down to 7-9% body fat, thats low but not THAT low. I'm no guru but workouts are pretty smart; Brief, intense, lots of compounds and high freq..... my weight training is only about 40 minutes but I am drenched in sweat at the end, not big on long rest-periods between sets, I lose both my focus and my heart rate drops too much.

I weigh and track all my food, it's the first thing I do on excel every morning. I eat a balanced diet, that includes a little snack every day, but also get my 6-10 servings of veggies, efa's, lots of fiber and water etc. I take tons of health supplements but don't take any workout related supplements (except bcaa drinks when cutting), I believe aside from Test, HGH, T3 and maybe clen everything else is not worth the time for a non-competitor just looking to be in great shape.

I just don't want you guys to think I'm some newbie just trying to stir up trouble, I really believe years of low test affected me or maybe some other variable.

lets see the numbers from your diet?

lets see the numbers from your diet?

currently eating 3400 calories, thats up from 3100 calories about 4 months ago and I think at 3400 a good portion of it is just spilling over. Right about 3000 seems to be my cut-off point, I can go over but it's just my waist that grows.

I aim for 180g of protein but end up eating between 220-240. Carbs/fat I do not track, I've done moderate, high carb, high fat etc. and never noticed/felt enough of a difference to really care which source my calories come from.

My training is high frequency (I don't schedule days off, I let them schedule themselves as life happens, many weeks I train 7 days a week on a rotating push/pull/legs program, usually one or two days off do happen though) brief and very intense, I'm done in 30-40 minutes tops.... I don't like more than 60 seconds rest between exercises at the most, preferably zero rest with isolation/plate loaded stuff. This was my quad/calf workout from earlier (everything is pyramid down from about 20-30 sets down to a heavy set of 4-8):

Leg Press: 2, 4, 7, 9 plates
V-Squat 2, 3, 4, 5 plates
Walking DB lunges 40, 60, 70, 80
Front squat 135, 185, 225, 265

Seated Calf Raise 2,3,4,5 plates
Standing calf raise 3,4,5,6 plates

10 minutes of cardio PWO at 145bpm

That took a bit under 40 minutes to complete with nearly no rest on anything. This is actually a pretty new approach, I used to do like 3 minutes rest between everything, lower frequency, higher volume etc. but wanted to give this a try.

currently eating 3400 calories, thats up from 3100 calories about 4 months ago and I think at 3400 a good portion of it is just spilling over. Right about 3000 seems to be my cut-off point, I can go over but it's just my waist that grows.

I aim for 180g of protein but end up eating between 220-240. Carbs/fat I do not track, I've done moderate, high carb, high fat etc. and never noticed/felt enough of a difference to really care which source my calories come from.

My training is high frequency (I don't schedule days off, I let them schedule themselves as life happens, many weeks I train 7 days a week on a rotating push/pull/legs program, usually one or two days off do happen though) brief and very intense, I'm done in 30-40 minutes tops.... I don't like more than 60 seconds rest between exercises at the most, preferably zero rest with isolation/plate loaded stuff. This was my quad/calf workout from earlier (everything is pyramid down from about 20-30 sets down to a heavy set of 4-8):

That took a bit under 40 minutes to complete with nearly no rest on anything. This is actually a pretty new approach, I used to do like 3 minutes rest between everything, lower frequency, higher volume etc. but wanted to give this a try.

You don't track your carbs an fats but you've been bodybuilding for 15 years, sounds like you haven't given a shit about gaining anthing or getting better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't track your carbs an fats but you've been bodybuilding for 15 years, sounds like you haven't given a shit about gaining anthing or getting better

outside of cutting them out ive never tracked my carbs or fats. ever.

Tracking them doesn't mean you have to right them down on paper or count the exact number but keeping a base estimate of carbohydrate intake daily is very normal and almost a sub conscience instinct to this hobby/sport. Iv never counted fats but it's not hard and in fact someone who is intelligently passionate about there physique it's very instinctive to know the nutrients being consumed in each meal and without looking at nutrition facts for exact numbers , I could always tell where I'm at carb/fat/protein wise just by going over what I ate for the day. But referring to the OP, if you know where your calories are, then know where your protein and carbs are, why not count the days in there too to try to plug the puzzle in. Your goal is to have a nice stomach, hit the goal head on and fight it from every aspect. 15years is too long, I'd like to see a photo of where your at now

Last edited:
Tracking them doesn't mean you have to right them down on paper or count the exact number but keeping a base estimate of carbohydrate intake daily is very normal and almost a sub conscience instinct to this hobby/sport. Iv never counted fats but it's not hard and in fact someone who is intelligently passionate about there physique it's very instinctive to know the nutrients being consumed in each meal and without looking at nutrition facts for exact numbers , I could always tell where I'm at carb/fat/protein wise just by going over what I ate for the day. But referring to the OP, if you know where your calories are, then know where your protein and carbs are, why not count the days in there too to try to plug the puzzle in. Your goal is to have a nice stomach, hit the goal head on and fight it from every aspect. 15years is too long, I'd like to see a photo of where your at now

Sure, but normally a person begins by counting, then over time, they get a feel for the servings and can wing-it from there.

that's tracking them. if I ask you any given day how many grans of fat or carbs if you say I don't count them but its under 20....guess what you are tracking them.

Back to the point....this guy has never seen his abs but never "kept track" of carbs or fat....thats fucking funny.

how do you figure overall calories if you don't track carbs, fat?

I'm 5'6" 195lbs I have no idea what my measurements are but I have abs.

I use to think that I was a meso who couldn't drop weight and had to pull out a magic card to get into shape.

Turns out I was just lazy.

Around my 30s I took my diet seriously. Not just for three weeks but something in me just changed.

Anyways I started eating a low low fat diet. Five meals a day about 600 calories per meal. Breakfast would be egg whites with oatmeal. The rest of the day was chicken and rice. I have three boys and to set a good example for my sons I ate what mom cooked but a very very small portion size otherwise if dad doesn't have to eat it neither do they right? Instead of cheating on the weekends I had two cheat meals per week. If I felt like I need something like some fats I just sucked on a tbsp of peanut butter.

I cut back on my weights. Instead of lifting for 45 minutes with lots of breaks I could do an entire back, rear delt, bicep workout in 25 minutes. The rest of the hour was hard cardio. Not a walk on a treadmill but stairs or bike. I bust my ass for a full hour.

Anyways over 4 months I totally transformed my physique. My pant size went from 36 to 32s and they hang off my hips. Now I get a lot more compliments.

My point is that I had every excuse in the book but it turns out just doing the basics consistently works. Its just finding that reason inside you to stay consistent. If you are just motivated you'll lose it. Its discipline.

Last edited:

Lex, it always comes back to one thing, The DIET. This guys has no clue of what he is taking in.

Now we know what is going on. You don't know what you are eating as far as calories. You said you don't track carbs, fats. You macros you have no clue. Doing 10 minutes of cardio is a joke. You need to do at least 30 minutes. Everytime I hear someone say the eat a good DIET and can not lose weight it all comes back to one thing, The DIET! I would even bet you eat crap once in a while too.

Yeah honestly I was "working out" in a non-competitive way for a few years before getting more serious. You can't ever call yourself a bodybuilder or anything other than a recreational weight lifter until you are seriously invested in your diet and training. If you aren't tracking BOTH, then you are wasting your time. Gains won't be made in the gym, nor will they be made in the kitchen. I stress BOTH. I see plenty of guys carrying around a notebook penning every single rep they do and the weight etc. but they still look like JOES at the end of the day because once they leave the gym they have no fucking idea what they are doing whatsoever.

Same way you'd weigh an apple, go to calorie king or wherever and look up the carbs, you can also look up the calories.

I actually did track everything for my first 8 years or so. And i mean everything, even a stick of gum. I have to be honest, tracking and not tracking carbs/fat, I never noticed any difference in either body composition or strength levels.

Now, can I give you rough estimates? Yeah, I mean I still weigh every single thing I eat and I make sure to get over 50g of fat a day and 180g of protein minimum.... for me, the rest is filler. I feel the same getting the rest of my calories from yams or from almonds. I know the carbs/fat/protein in just about everything I eat, I just no longer bother with whether they are coming from carbs or fat.

Main reason for switching to this approach was flexibility, some days I'm craving a lot of fruit and brown rice, other days I'm craving a lot of steak and eggs.... I guess it's what they now call IIFYM, or similar.

Same way you'd weigh an apple, go to calorie king or wherever and look up the carbs, you can also look up the calories.

I actually did track everything for my first 8 years or so. And i mean everything, even a stick of gum. I have to be honest, tracking and not tracking carbs/fat, I never noticed any difference in either body composition or strength levels.

Now, can I give you rough estimates? Yeah, I mean I still weigh every single thing I eat and I make sure to get over 50g of fat a day and 180g of protein minimum.... for me, the rest is filler. I feel the same getting the rest of my calories from yams or from almonds. I know the carbs/fat/protein in just about everything I eat, I just no longer bother with whether they are coming from carbs or fat.

Main reason for switching to this approach was flexibility, some days I'm craving a lot of fruit and brown rice, other days I'm craving a lot of steak and eggs.... I guess it's what they now call IIFYM, or similar.

I do "flex" dieting, yet I track EVERY single macro through myfitnesspal. I have set macros I hit daily. The problem is, I do not think you stuck to a set of macros long enough to really see whether it worked or not. I've never understood the less then 100% approach. If you truly want to achieve a goal, such as abs, why wouldn't you be tracking every macro? why wouldn't you be as efficient with your time as possible?

Tracking them doesn't mean you have to right them down on paper or count the exact number but keeping a base estimate of carbohydrate intake daily is very normal and almost a sub conscience instinct to this hobby/sport. Iv never counted fats but it's not hard and in fact someone who is intelligently passionate about there physique it's very instinctive to know the nutrients being consumed in each meal and without looking at nutrition facts for exact numbers

bro,
i honestly couldnt tell you how much fat, protein or carbs are in anything you ask. a potato, cup of rice, bowl of ice cream, can of beer etc. if you threw out a number of any measure i couldnt tell you if it was too high or too low of an amount of carbs or fats to consume in a day. the only thing i know is i should eat at least a gram of protein for each pound of mass i hold. you know what? i couldnt tell you how many grams of protein are in an egg, a chicken breast or a steak or haw many grams i eat every day! i truly dont know. i just eat what i think makes sense.

The only thing i consume regularly (3/day) and know the protein content is my protein powder. 1 immediately at wake up, one mid morning (between breakfast and lunch) and one post workout.

my current stats are
5'7"
185-190lbs
10% bodyfat give or take

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner