advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Botched surgery messing my life up (Graphic Pic)

What were the 3 benign growths caused from?

It's caused from 2 things. High hormone levels(aas use) and liver stress from liver toxic orals. Doctor said I had 12 adenomas in my liver when some of them ruptured and I ended up getting a liver transplant. To the OP, I hope you recover quickly from this. You should also think about suing for malpractice.

Another thing:

A person working in the ER (doctor, nurse, etc) has never stepped foot inside an OR or ICU during their training. They know absolutely the bare minimal in regards to a surgical patient. When you get transferred to another hospital it is very common for them to give you a copy of your medical chart and CD of any radiological images. These are meant for the doctors at the other hospital to review your records.

If a sponge does show up on your CT scan than you do have a case. Otherwise this is just a typical surgical wound infection and you have no case. This comes with the risk of having surgery and unfortunately is caused by a sloppy surgical team.

Another thing:

A person working in the ER (doctor, nurse, etc) has never stepped foot inside an OR or ICU during their training. They know absolutely the bare minimal in regards to a surgical patient. When you get transferred to another hospital it is very common for them to give you a copy of your medical chart and CD of any radiological images. These are meant for the doctors at the other hospital to review your records.

If a sponge does show up on your CT scan than you do have a case. Otherwise this is just a typical surgical wound infection and you have no case. This comes with the risk of having surgery and unfortunately is caused by a sloppy surgical team.

the radiologist, or whoever analyzes the CT scan put that there was debris in or near the surgical sight. I cant read a CT scan so I dont see anything, but whoever did read it apparently did. Now I just have to wait for the lawyer to send it to their radiologist to confirm or deny it.

After a surgery a radiologist often uses the term "debris" to describe air and fluid that is commonly present near the surgical area.

I personally feel that if an instrument, clip, or sponge was found on the CT scan the radiologist would have specifically mentioned it.

Again, the description of "debris" by a radiologist is common post-surgery and indicates either fluid, air, or gas from infection (which you had in your case).

I personally feel that if an instrument, clip, or sponge was found on the CT scan the radiologist would have specifically mentioned it.

Again, the description of "debris" by a radiologist is common post-surgery and indicates either fluid, air, or gas from infection (which you had in your case).

even if thats true, they still sent me home without any anti biotics, and also didnt give me and IV anti biotics in the hospital until after I was re admitted with the infection. If they had given me anti biotics in the first place like I think is protocol after major surgery, I wouldnt have this big hole in me now.
Im not trying to be sue happy, but that was a very big, and obvious mistake, and its effecting my life completely. i should be damn near 100% healed by now, but currently Im about maybe 25% of the way there. I cant do shit except simple errands, and even they exhaust me.

Sue their fucking ass off bro, I mean that. Those pricks make 1/4 million a year and they can do their goddamn job right. What they did to you is life altering on several different levels, and you have to deal with the consequences while these ass hole idiot surgeons get to go home and not lose an ounce of sleep. SUE THEM

Best regards, I am sorry for your pain my friend

even if thats true, they still sent me home without any anti biotics, and also didnt give me and IV anti biotics in the hospital until after I was re admitted with the infection. If they had given me anti biotics in the first place like I think is protocol after major surgery, I wouldnt have this big hole in me now.
Im not trying to be sue happy, but that was a very big, and obvious mistake, and its effecting my life completely. i should be damn near 100% healed by now, but currently Im about maybe 25% of the way there. I cant do shit except simple errands, and even they exhaust me.

OP: I am an anesthesiologist and intensive care doctor. I work in the OR and surgical ICU. I have two comments about your case:

1. Prophylaxis antibiotics after surgery is only done for 24 hours after a surgery. You get one dose in the OR and MAYBE another 8-12 hours later and that is it. I attached a link for all to see. On page 2 read the timing and duration sections.

http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/i...biotic_Recommendations_for_Adult_Patients.pdf

2. The person in the ER telling you there was "debris" on the CT scan could mean anything. After a surgery a radiologist often uses the term "debris" to describe air and fluid that is commonly present near the surgical area.

If they did leave a surgical sponge in your abdomen than you do have a case.

Your wound was definitely infected in the picture and that is directly caused by a sloppy surgical team.

CT I'm not taking sides here, I just wasn't sure if you read 360's response on the bottom of page 2. I highlighted your concerns and then his answer in the quote below. I've had several, somewhat major, surgeries and I've never been sent home with antibiotics. Anyway, however it turns out legally, I wish as speedy a recovery as possible...Best of luck!

Last edited:
that sucks bro!

i dont see how anything in this thread could hurt your case. you are speaking facts right?

The hospital will say his healing was adversely affected by his steroid use. And the jury will believe it.

I absolutely can't imagine your posts on this site ever seeing the light of day, heck - your anonymous anyway.

Did you admit to steroid use to the hospital when they asked for your medical history?

OP: I am an anesthesiologist and intensive care doctor. I work in the OR and surgical ICU. I have two comments about your case:

1. Prophylaxis antibiotics after surgery is only done for 24 hours after a surgery. You get one dose in the OR and MAYBE another 8-12 hours later and that is it. I attached a link for all to see. On page 2 read the timing and duration sections.

This is utter b.s. I had oral surgery, nasal surgery and gyno surgery all in the last 2 years and I have always been given antibiotics to take for at least 5 days after each surgery!

Antibiotics used to be overprescribed and now they are definitely underprescribed. Hospitals can't even get MRSA under control because most refuse to use the things that actually kill it. What a joke.

I can't beleive doctors would do that, unreal!! Hope u feel better soon man

It's caused from 2 things. High hormone levels(aas use) and liver stress from liver toxic orals. Doctor said I had 12 adenomas in my liver when some of them ruptured and I ended up getting a liver transplant. To the OP, I hope you recover quickly from this. You should also think about suing for malpractice.

I thought others that have posted about it on here said their liver values were normal even though they had the tumors.

This is utter b.s. I had oral surgery, nasal surgery and gyno surgery all in the last 2 years and I have always been given antibiotics to take for at least 5 days after each surgery!

Antibiotics used to be overprescribed and now they are definitely underprescribed. Hospitals can't even get MRSA under control because most refuse to use the things that actually kill it. What a joke.

This is what I was thinking. In every surgery Ive ever had in my life, including dental work, I have always recieved anti biotics. This surgery was big. They had my whole abdominal cavity open and they the searching around because they werent 100% what the problem was. So I was exposed to potential bacteria for a long time. I dont see how any Dr could not prescribe antibiotics as a precaution in this situation.
And case in point. I got a HUGE infection a couple of days later and now have that nasty looking hole thats going to take months to fully heal. Im sure if they would have prescribed me anti biotics this would not have happened (unless they left something inside of me like I think they did, but wont have proof for a few days)

Last edited:

Prophylaxis antibiotics after surgery is only done for 24 hours after a surgery. You get one dose in the OR and MAYBE another 8-12 hours later and that is it. I attached a link for all to see. On page 2 read the timing and duration sections.

My quote is for surgeries in the sterile field, like the OP's abdomen, chest, etc.

The surgeries you speak of (ENT, oral, nasal) are not sterile areas. Your mouth/nose is very dirty so the antibiotic coverage will be expanded.

I am not sure why you had extended antibiotic coverage for gyno surgery?

This is what I was thinking. In every surgery Ive ever had in my life, including dental work, I have always recieved anti biotics. This surgery was big. They had my whole abdominal cavity open and they the searching around because they werent 100% what the problem was. So I was exposed to potential bacteria for a long time. I dont see how any Dr could not prescribe antibiotics as a precaution in this situation.
And case in point. I got a HUGE infection a couple of days later and now have that nasty looking hole thats going to take months to fully heal. Im sure if they would have prescribed me anti biotics this would not have happened (unless they left something inside of me like I think they did, but wont have proof for a few days)

See my post above.

See my post above.

Well if thats true than something went wrong, because I got a nasty infection within 3 days of the surgery and its not like I was outside rolling around in the dirt. It was like one minute everything was fine, then within a couple of hours the site swelled up, turned bright pink, and started bubbling puss through the staples. There is no way that can be normal. Something had to start that infection. That, coupled with the fact that the Dr reading the CT scan said there was debris in there makes me think they left a sponge or something in there.
Especially the way they came in the room once I got to the trauma center, ripped the staples out, took something out of it, then took off. Normally in every other encounter Ive had with them, they explain what they are doing to you. That was shady as hell how they came in, didnt tell me anything, ripped the shit out then left. Then in one of their many visits to check my wound they were having obvious tension between themselves about this like they got in trouble or something. When they were walking out int he hallway I heard the one say to the other 'well you were the one who fucked it up'. And the way it was said they werent talking about some other patient or subject.

Yeah, I think the scan will show there was some kind of solid debris in there like a sponge etc. Guess you will know once the lawyers have their docs look at it.

I just had bicep surgery. They gave me antibiotics post op at the hospital but nothing else after that. I would be devastated if this happen to my arm

Another thing is all this time out of the gym is killing me. I want to start lifting again so bad! Anyone have any ideas on things to take and eat to speed up the recovery process?

Did you learn anything from this experience at all? You've got to be careful with your body bro, you only have 1.

ignore if this is asking to much. but do you mind sharing your past AAS use.
having those issues arise from AAS is quite concerning to others, i'm definitely done with high doese and playing around with tons of compounds.
just curious on what your history looked like that may have caused some of this stuff.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws