over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BULKING on High Fat & Low Carbs

I know, I just needed to throw in a quick douchebag comment hehe.

Ronnie......at 61 my goals are more health and fitness/longevity related now. I am 5'9" and 190 at roughly 12 % BF. I use moderate weights and do more high reps and high volume at this stage. Macros are close estimates of 100-125 grams protein mostly from red meat and raw nuts which also is the major component of my fat intake at 170-200 grams per day. I strive to keep my carbs no more than 100 grams per day from mostly fruits and vegetables. I pretty much avoid grains. I must admit though that once in while a dark chocolate Dove bar sneaks it's way in there !1 I hope this is helpful.

I have to agree with you Tom.
I'm 62 now and had to change my Diet when I hit my early 50's.
When I was younger I could Metabolize the Carbs, now they just seem to sit around the Waist, so I really have to watch what I eat. I also don't consume any Grains, but that Happened when I got Bi-Lateral Degenerative Hip Disease. I discovered by accident that Wheat in-particular was causing Inflammation of my Joints.................. JP

Personally I don't like this because I work better with high carbs, but if I ever try it, it would be with non processed food and being the main source of food Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, salmon, grass-feed animals, nuts and extra virgin olive oil (as a spanish I am I couldn't live without this last). But obviously this would be an expensive diet.

Last edited:
Recent findings indicate this would be not only healthier but more beneficial in regards to muscle Growth. 2 years ago wen the focus of my studies and schooling became nutritional biochemistry and endocrinology I have significantly reduced my carbohydrate intake and increased my fats. Results, more muscle less fat and an improvement in my metabolic profile.

What was/is your diet like roughly and do you have any links other than the video you posted?

I'm currently doing high protein/mod-high fat/very low carb

the whole 'bulk up on loads of carbs and get fat, lose my insulin sensitivity, then diet super hard with DNP' thing wasn't working out optimally.

I have a good feeling about this.

What was/is your diet like roughly and do you have any links other than the video you posted?

Sadly Asteelz is no longer with us,he passed away a couple of months ago

the whole 'bulk up on loads of carbs and get fat, lose my insulin sensitivity, then diet super hard with DNP' thing wasn't working out optimally.

Digging through old threads a lot of people on this board talk about insane carbohydrate intake (400-600g), but very few of the posts mention if any gear is being used, their body composition, or weight. Regardless, if I ate that amount of carbs I'd be a marshmallow.

I know Chris Aceto is "The Technician," and he is well-known for high carb intake, but most of his clients are pro/am genetic mutants on gear.

I really like following John Meadows' writings and videos. Years ago there were two sample Mountain Dog diets on the net and I noticed two things: the caloric surplus for the muscle gain plan was very conservative, and there was a greater emphasis on healthy fats.

A lot of the "advice" out there (magazines, internet) is always to eat too much and the carb intake is too high.

Digging through old threads a lot of people on this board talk about insane carbohydrate intake (400-600g), but very few of the posts mention if any gear is being used, their body composition, or weight. Regardless, if I ate that amount of carbs I'd be a marshmallow.

I know Chris Aceto is "The Technician," and he is well-known for high carb intake, but most of his clients are pro/am genetic mutants on gear.

I really like following John Meadows' writings and videos. Years ago there were two sample Mountain Dog diets on the net and I noticed two things: the caloric surplus for the muscle gain plan was very conservative, and there was a greater emphasis on healthy fats.

A lot of the "advice" out there (magazines, internet) is always to eat too much and the carb intake is too high.

yeah I have to go real low on carbs as well... just the classic endomorph.

I really like the idea of going super low carb, and using training as the way to increase your insulin sensitivity, and then having carbs post-workout for anabolic effect and restore glycogen stores.

I believe Goal245 (along with others) have posted about this (using training to boost insulin sensitivity).

lol
just fyi though, sumos actually gain their bodymass mainly from fatty soup and various deep fried fatty meats ;)

Second FYI....sumo wrestlers also have proportionately higher levels of muscle mass than other athletes.

Skip to 11:30 if you don't have time. The client went down to 100g protein and up to 600-900g fat daily. He gained 20lbs. Dr. Serrano is one of the smartest guys out there too....so..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgTvIRouBV0"]Dr. Eric Serrano 2017 SPS Presentation [Part 3] | elitefts.com - YouTube[/ame]

Presumably, a good percentage of muscle composition..otherwise, it probably wouldn't be being brought up at a seminar with someone who is highly respected. :lightbulb:

Presumably, a good percentage of muscle composition..otherwise, it probably wouldn't be being brought up at a seminar with someone who is highly respected. :lightbulb:

5400-8100 calories just from fat lol... that's insane

thas a lotta butta

What interests me about fat intake as well is its effect on hormones. A caloric surplus is needed to gain mass, but I feel there's been too many instances of people (myself included) increasing their calories via carbohydrates (clean ones) and still experiencing mediocre muscle gains. Even while their protein is in the 1.5-2g/lb of body weight area. Maximizing anabolism and testosterone through foods is of great interest and advantage to anyone, especially naturals.

I'm currently in a deficit right now with my carbohydrate intake around 100-130g a day with a cheat/refeed once a week. With my carbs that low I've found my energy isn't dragging and I'm still beating my logbook. So when I go in the other direction, I'd like to see how a 40/40/20 of protein/fat/carbohydrate ratio would work.

It would be great to not have to be in an excessive surplus of calories and really maximize lean tissue gain. As stated in my previous post, I feel with Meadows' approach he aims to gain pure muscle at a realistic rate with health a priority.

There's an old thread at IM where guys like Dante, Justin Harris and others talk about SHBG and Harris mentions how a poor hormone environment really can hold people back on their gains. Especially not having a enough available free testosterone. So if the higher fat diet can help create a more productive environment for muscle growth it would be great.

Dnp year round, problem solved :D

Hoping guys like Tom, goal245, and anyone else that goes by high fats or the anabolic diet will chime in with experiences, meals, ratios etc.

Hoping guys like Tom, goal245, and anyone else that goes by high fats or the anabolic diet will chime in with experiences, meals, ratios etc.

goal245 got arrested for hosting an underground cat racing syndicate in his basement

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws