over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cannabis pre-contest

Right, it's all just a big government conspiracy :rolleyes: I agree that cannabinoids have huge potential and overall positive health effects. My beef is with the smoking part.

Whether you smoke it with tobacco or not, burning any organic compound and inhaling the smoke is detrimental to your health. Smoking it with tobacco (which most people do) leads to much higher tar deposition and inhalation of carcinogens than with filtered cigarettes. One joint is probably 'only' as bad as 2-4 cigarettes, but for someone who smokes several times a day, this is a completely unecessary strain on the body. Whether or not cancer risk is significanctly increased (despite conclusive data there is reason to assume so), you will have diminished cardiovascular fitness and will be more susceptible to URTI.

The athletes you mention might be even better or fitter if they consumed marihuana differently. And Phelbs is by no means a regular user, given that WADA tests for THC during competition times. That one picture of him was during a house party while he was taking time off from competing.

Lmao!!

Bro you have no idea what you’re talking about... I have been smoking weed for 12 years and have no issues... I personally know people who’ve smoked weed anywhere from 10 years to 30+ years with zero health problems... I even know a man in his 70’s who’s been a weed smoker since the 60’s! Zero health problems....

MARIJUANA DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME TOXINS AND CHEMICALS A CIGARETTE DOES... PERIOD... POINT BLANK.... 100% FACT

You’re literally quoting and believing things from the Nixon drug war era.. Is it a government conspiracy? I never said that... But it’s fucking ridiculous that there is zero proof of anything you’re saying when real world results show the complete opposite...

There’s nothing wrong with smoking pot, Jeff... I know the theory of fire and combustion etc is bad for the lungs but did you ever think it’s possible that the CBD and THC in weed counteracts this?? I mean, it’s been proven to kill cancer, it’s been proven to relieve inflammation, it’s been proven to have health benefits..

Shit, funny enough, B-Real was on the Joe Rogan Podcast yesterday and they talk about marijuana and the legalization and how he was on the forefront of making it legal etc, he’s been a smoker since the mid 80’s... Zero health problems and he actually got shot and collapsed a lung, that lung fully healed and he fills it with smoke EVERYDAY... This happened to him in 87’ and he’s gotten routine MRI’s done to keep up and has had ZERO issues and he talks about this...

Well the American Lung Association would differ with taking smoke into the lungs as having no ill effects. I can't imagine how smoke would not harm the delicate tissue of the lungs.

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html

"Smoke is harmful to lung health. Whether from burning wood, tobacco or marijuana, toxins and carcinogens are released from the combustion of materials. Smoke from marijuana combustion has been shown to contain many of the same toxins, irritants and carcinogens as tobacco smoke.4-7"

Well the American Lung Association would differ with taking smoke into the lungs as having no ill effects. I can't imagine how smoke would not harm the delicate tissue of the lungs.

"Smoke is harmful to lung health. Whether from burning wood, tobacco or marijuana, toxins and carcinogens are released from the combustion of materials. Smoke from marijuana combustion has been shown to contain many of the same toxins, irritants and carcinogens as tobacco smoke.4-7"

Cant imagine it either!

Iirc, there is also Some CO2 that will get in the bloodstream which makes it 'performance unfriendly'

Ok, where are the bodies??

There hasn’t been a single case of this reported ever in the history of marijuana... Ever... I’m not talking a few cases or a few hundred etc... Just one... One case is what I want to see....

And as for the comment by Delt about CO2... i can post my bloods for proof that my CO2 levels are at 20.. Range is 20-32

MARIJUANA DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME TOXINS AND CHEMICALS A CIGARETTE DOES... PERIOD... POINT BLANK.... 100% FACT
I was referring to the case where the cannabis is smoked together with tobacco. That is even worse for the lungs than a regular cigarette.

If you smoke pure weed, then it may be somewhat less harmful, but as I pointed out before, burning other organic compounds produces much of the same toxins. Take it from a weed-head source, though maybe you are too irrational and conspiratorial to believe even that :banghead:

http://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-9.pdf

I have no objections to that kind of consumption. All I'm trying to do is to encourage people to consume their cannabis in healthier ways, namely through vaping or oral ingestion.

Kind of surprised that people would object to the statement that 'inhaling smoke is unhealthy' :confused: Where smoke = airborne particulates created by combustion. combustion = fire, burning.

You are right, but taking a short puff or two off a pinner joint seems pretty benign, if the weed is not sprayed with some pesticide or something. Smoking is never good but most average user dont need to worry. I hate smoking more than a puff or two. Vapes are nice, he cheap ones are garbage and payig $300 for a made in china device is a joke, so i still smoke joints.

I was referring to the case where the cannabis is smoked together with tobacco. That is even worse for the lungs than a regular cigarette.

If you smoke pure weed, then it may be somewhat less harmful, but as I pointed out before, burning other organic compounds produces much of the same toxins. Take it from a weed-head source, though maybe you are too irrational and conspiratorial to believe even that :banghead:

http://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-9.pdf

You’re still not providing any proof..

It says “A leading health concern.”

Does it concern? Yes...

Has it provided ANY bodies? No....

All the way from a couple puffs a day smoker to the guys I know who were growing weed since the 80’s who can snap a 2 gram bong rip and smoke grams of weed/concentrates per day....

There is no evidence... All you’re posting is theories and concerns etc... No actual bodies....

Maybe you don’t understand the difference?

Does it concern? Yes...

All the way from a couple puffs a day smoker to the guys I know who were growing weed since the 80’s who can snap a 2 gram bong rip and smoke grams of weed/concentrates per day....

There is no evidence... All you’re posting is theories and concerns etc... No actual bodies....

Where did I claim that smoking weed will make people drop dead in their 30s? All that I'm saying is that it has negative health consequences. These obviously need not be severe enough to make people die decades earlier. But it can decrease performance and health markers right away, similar to tobacco smoking. Then down the line your risk for lung disease and cardiovascular mortality will increase, obviously not to a degree that you see the BODIES that you demand. If you took the same standard for cigarette smoking, you'd also conclude that it has no negative effects on mortality, which is clearly retarded. And stop with your idiotic anecdotes about weed smokers who are super healthy. Anecdotal evidence means nothing. I can also show you smokers who make it to 100 years old, so what :rolleyes:

In the end, I don't give a fuck what you do with your body. I'm simply making suggestions and providing information to those who are willing to listen.

Does it concern? Yes...

You guys are both right. He is just erring on side of caution. Just agree you both make good points!!!

I find it pretty ridiculous the new craze that weed is the cure for everything without any consequences. I have been smoking for a long time and attribute some physical and mental consequences to using it for so long. I have a feeling in about ten years we will be more aware of side effects. Granted they may be less than certain pharmecutical’s side effects. But you always have to pay the piper.

Where did I claim that smoking weed will make people drop dead in their 30s? All that I'm saying is that it has negative health consequences. These obviously need not be severe enough to make people die decades earlier. But it can decrease performance and health markers right away, similar to tobacco smoking. Then down the line your risk for lung disease and cardiovascular mortality will increase, obviously not to a degree that you see the BODIES that you demand. If you took the same standard for cigarette smoking, you'd also conclude that it has no negative effects on mortality, which is clearly retarded. And stop with your idiotic anecdotes about weed smokers who are super healthy. Anecdotal evidence means nothing. I can also show you smokers who make it to 100 years old, so what :rolleyes:

In the end, I don't give a fuck what you do with your body. I'm simply making suggestions and providing information to those who are willing to listen.

Now you’re just selective reading... Maybe I should make myself more clear;

When I ask “where are the bodies?” I’m not talking about deaths, which there are also ZERO contributed to marijuana and MILLIONS contributed to cigarettes and tobacco :rolleyes: I’m talking about cases in which marijuana smoking contributed to bad health? Where are the cases and where are the studies?

I never said cigarette smoking was the same, I clearly stated the difference and it’s a known fact cigarettes don’t only contain tobacco, they contain hundreds of chemicals and pesticides where as clean, cultivated weed contains ZERO of those chemicals and yes there are hundreds if not thousands of lab tests to prove clean cultivation practices of marijuana.... This is a 100% fact...

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t mean anything yet the theories and propaganda and parroting things from the 70’s and 80’s with ZERO studies or evidence is what? You’re basing things on zero facts.. None.. There are zero facts to your claims on marijuana...

So again since you have selective reading.... Where are all the people who have lung or cardiovascular disease from marijuana? Where are ANY LINKED HEALTH ISSUES WITH MARIJUANA?

We know there are millions of health issues and deaths linked to cigarettes but can you provide ONE CASE just ONE where there is a health effect or death linked to marijuana?

That’s your evidence... You just don’t want to see it..

I’ll be waiting :rolleyes:

I find it pretty ridiculous the new craze that weed is the cure for everything without any consequences. I have been smoking for a long time and attribute some physical and mental consequences to using it for so long. I have a feeling in about ten years we will be more aware of side effects. Granted they may be less than certain pharmecutical’s side effects. But you always have to pay the piper.

Would you mind elaborating on these “consequences?”

Now I’m not saying or advocating everyone should smoke all day every day... But a couple puffs a day or a joint after a long day isn’t killing anyone...

And as for mental issues, it’s been noted and studied that anyone who suffered from anything mental while using marijuana had a predisposition or was genetically prone to those things...

Example; they’ve done studies on people who get schizophrenia and they link it to marijuana and THC possibly contributing to this, but with further investigation it’s that they’re genetically predisposed and have family members diagnosed with mental illness etc... VICE literally did an episode on this some years ago...

Now you’re just selective reading... Maybe I should make myself more clear;

When I ask “where are the bodies?” I’m not talking about deaths, which there are also ZERO contributed to marijuana and MILLIONS contributed to cigarettes and tobacco :rolleyes: I’m talking about cases in which marijuana smoking contributed to bad health? Where are the cases and where are the studies?

I never said cigarette smoking was the same, I clearly stated the difference and it’s a known fact cigarettes don’t only contain tobacco, they contain hundreds of chemicals and pesticides where as clean, cultivated weed contains ZERO of those chemicals and yes there are hundreds if not thousands of lab tests to prove clean cultivation practices of marijuana.... This is a 100% fact...

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t mean anything yet the theories and propaganda and parroting things from the 70’s and 80’s with ZERO studies or evidence is what? You’re basing things on zero facts.. None.. There are zero facts to your claims on marijuana...

So again since you have selective reading.... Where are all the people who have lung or cardiovascular disease from marijuana? Where are ANY LINKED HEALTH ISSUES WITH MARIJUANA?

We know there are millions of health issues and deaths linked to cigarettes but can you provide ONE CASE just ONE where there is a health effect or death linked to marijuana?

That’s your evidence... You just don’t want to see it..

I’ll be waiting :rolleyes:

I see just as many things to pick apart in your statement. Like comparing commercial cigs to organic marijuana. You both make good points, not sure why you believe he must agree with you or continue arguing. I do not even see what the argument is, he says smoking is probably not healthy, it seems common sense to me it is not. You are fighting for a position nobody is really even against here.

I see just as many things to pick apart in your statement. Like comparing commercial cigs to organic marijuana. You both make good points, not sure why you believe he must agree with you or continue arguing. I do not even see what the argument is, he says smoking is probably not healthy, it seems common sense to me it is not. You are fighting for a position nobody is really even against here.

If you read a couple posts back he related and posted links to marijuana and tobacco/cigarettes and he also posted that 1 joint is probably equally harmful as 2-4 cigarettes... That’s my argument...

He’s also talking about cardiovascular disease and other health problems and I’m asking where are the cases linked to marijuana?

Those things are linked to cigarettes and tobacco and people are just assuming that marijuana has the same effect when smoked because it’s smoke...

I 2nd this, I’ve been smoking a long time and have quite a few friends in the industry who are or deal with big names on the west coast and the whole “Indica/Sativa” or “strain” is all person dependent as in how they react to it and their tolerance level...

I prefer top shelf/exotics myself, I literally won’t smoke if it’s cheap stuff... Has to be high quality indoor..

I agree there’s a lot of breeders and strains that claim to be but aren’t... For example an almost world famous one; Sour Diesel... Its actually pretty hard to find REAL Sour Diesel, there’s many who claim they have it or when people who just smoke and don’t really know buy “Sour” they can’t tell the difference.. The REAL Sour smells disgusting fuel, literal diesel fuel in your face, F-350 exhaust pipe up your nose type of smell... Big, light green, frosty nugs.. Man how I miss her.. She comes around at times but not as often as 8-10+ years ago...

They actually did a study on people who only smoked cannabis, over a period of 30 years... No bad effects on the lungs or anything else for that matter...

well... its a lil more then that.
if you know these sorta ppl then verify what im about to say later..
all these strains that ppl want and are famous started with basically one plant and one circle of friends. like ogk for example. the ogk that changed the world and was all over rap n shit... that goes back to a tiny spot. and like 10-20 different cuts. i have had a few!:p

other things.. came from specific ppl or like place n time...

haze is like a totally different example as haze. most are like going back to nyc sorta thing in late n 90s early 2k where it was like silver haze/uptown haze but also that was super similar to real florida crippee... but that fucking cripppee wasnt just one strain... lol

many are just like super late to the game... i had front row seats for a minute! lol

sour d is another one thats all sorts of wierd/generic. odly enough the best sd i ever had was some of the absolute ugliest least saleable. had some that was off the charts pretty too and not impressive. but sourd has had market share for 20+ years. and even the sd of 20 years ago was coming from different ppl.
that fuckin deisel diesle like a truck...... dude i havent seen that literally in 15 years and i saw a ton of high level sd... its not that gas! idk wtf happend.

gdp... originally gdp was clone only... and again one plant. i have even run seeds from the breeder that was supposed to have originated gdp and they are not the gdp from clone of idk 6-8years back.

bro in theory ill smoke whatever... but i am on a quest!
and yes, weed cleans my lungs!:headbang:

I have no objections to that kind of consumption. All I'm trying to do is to encourage people to consume their cannabis in healthier ways, namely through vaping or oral ingestion.

Kind of surprised that people would object to the statement that 'inhaling smoke is unhealthy' :confused: Where smoke = airborne particulates created by combustion. combustion = fire, burning.

ill be honest. i love smoking!

i dont like vaping anywhere near as much, eating has a different feel.
i smoke with tobacco.
this has been the case for a bunch o years im not even sure how many. being the case i will say most ppl dont like tobacco with there weed.

the reality is that tobacco makes it burn better and more efficient, thus you get more out of it. i can believe how bad ppl are at consuming this. lol

then again im sort of an obessive drug freak.
ill smoke it solo after it has had some time to cure and age as there gets to be a point where tobacco is no longer helpful but again in reality... most arent smoking shit like that. lol

my weed smells like perfume and insence and i put a small amt of tobacco from my favorite cuban cigars.... giant rice paper cigs 2-3g each...:eek::headbang::p

its like a surpise blunt on a whole different level!

fuck vaping.
lol sorry
:star-w:rs

You are right, but taking a short puff or two off a pinner joint seems pretty benign, if the weed is not sprayed with some pesticide or something. Smoking is never good but most average user dont need to worry. I hate smoking more than a puff or two. Vapes are nice, he cheap ones are garbage and payig $300 for a made in china device is a joke, so i still smoke joints.

ummm who sprays pesticides on weed?
:eek::eek::eek:

this is info from anti drug ppl.
in all my years and all my travels i have not met one grower who sprays plants with pesticides. you will get the occasional bobo that got bugs n put some oil on them of water with dish soap...

its super easy to tell though.
fuck i can tell by taste and ash if you fed your plants correctly. lol

also for clarity.
inhaling combusted plant material MAY NOT BE "HEALTHY".
the thing is there is not one verifiable case of weed only being smoked atributed to lung cancer. these are facts.

ppl get lost.

sure smoking "MAY" not be the best thing for health.
sticking a fucking needle in your arm x number of timEs a week "MAY" not be the most healty thing either...

you gotta get it in there some how...lol
lots of things may not be the best health idea...
pick your poisens and ill pick mine!
:star-:ars

Vape it?

I smoked weed for 20+ years straight. every day. i felt i was doing harm to my lungs (just looking at the resin and filth on my bong, i cant imagine what my lungs had in em:eek:)
Sooooo, i decided to NOT smoke it anymore in fear it was harmful. Vaping i feel is maybe a better option. Gotta be less carcinogenic. :confused:

i made the switch to vaping thc cuz it doesnt smell, can do it inside or outside, prob healthier than burning flower
-F

Would you mind elaborating on these “consequences?”

Now I’m not saying or advocating everyone should smoke all day every day... But a couple puffs a day or a joint after a long day isn’t killing anyone...

And as for mental issues, it’s been noted and studied that anyone who suffered from anything mental while using marijuana had a predisposition or was genetically prone to those things...

Example; they’ve done studies on people who get schizophrenia and they link it to marijuana and THC possibly contributing to this, but with further investigation it’s that they’re genetically predisposed and have family members diagnosed with mental illness etc... VICE literally did an episode on this some years ago...

I honestly don't feel like arguing with you about this topic. You seem to have the mainframe that weed is 100% benign. I have smoked for 22 years hard since I was 14. Yes, it does have consequences. Have you ever smoked? Do you not think that something that can alter your mind this much has no impact on your long-term chemistry if used daily for years. You can quote all the studies you want but I have witnessed changes with my personality, physical changes in my cardiovascular, vascular systems, dental health, neurologic disturbances. I go through horrible withdrawal when I stop smoking if I have smoked straight for a long time. If fucks with you insulin and carbohydrate control. It alters your chemistry. There are plenty of side-effects.

I honestly don't feel like arguing with you about this topic. You seem to have the mainframe that weed is 100% benign. I have smoked for 22 years hard since I was 14. Yes, it does have consequences Have you ever smoked? Do you not think that something that can alter your mind this much has no impact on your long-term chemistry if used daily for years. You can quote all the studies you want but I have witnessed changes with my personality, physical changes in my cardiovascular, vascular systems, dental health, neurologic disturbances. I go through horrible withdrawal when I stop smoking if I have smoked straight for a long time. If fucks with you insulin and carbohydrate control. It alters your chemistry. There are plenty of side-effects.

Im not arguing I was asking a genuine question so just hear me out, cool?

I stated before that Ive smoked for 12 years...

You must be the only person I’ve ever heard go through any of those things.. And I’m not poking at you by saying that, I’m just making a comment as I’ve really never heard of any of that from anyone or even read about it anywhere etc and I know some people who’ve smoked longer than you or I have even been alive... And though I can’t speak on all their bloods and values etc the few that are open about it and that have actually checked themselves are perfectly fine.. Not to mention all the real world evidence around us that apparently not a single person anywhere in the world has related any health issues to marijuana..

I can tell you my numbers are all pretty much 100% spot on, my lipids, my cholesterol, my Hematocrit and Hemoglobin, my A1C, my blood CO2 levels, I haven’t had even so much as a cavity since I was a child... I can post my bloods I got last year while I was smoking MINIMUM 7 grams a day and from this past February when I was only 1 month clean, I stopped smoking to build up my tolerance again, zero side effects from coming off.. Zero withdrawal to speak of and I’m on month 4 without smoking..

But anyway, that’s my personal situation and like I stated a few posts back, I’d be willing to bet that majority of people who smoke it sparingly, would have no issue..

I will note though that I’ve heard of SOME older guys, even Graham Hancock has commented on this, that after years and years of smoking daily and heavily it just had a different effect on them and didn’t sit well with them anymore, they didn’t react well anymore so they stopped smoking... Maybe that happened to you? I’m not sure what the science is...

And maybe you’re right about a few things, though I agree anecdotal evidence isn’t as good as a documented and detailed, objective study, it’s all we have and I think we both know that MILLIONS of people smoke marijuana world wide.. So it’s definitely something we can go by, at the least... But I’d love for it to be studied more in detail and with the medical advances we have now I’d really like to see the long term health risks or what it can do neurologically etc...

As I stated before also, I’m not advocating for people to smoke all day every day, I’m definitely not saying smoking to the extreme has zero consequences.. But a couple puffs after a long day? C’mon...

But really, Chinaboy, I’d love to know what you mean by your cardiovascular issues and personality changes and neurological etc etc... For real, no argument, I’d really like to hear you out..

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear