over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CARB UP.

Big Bapper

Moderator - R.I.P.
How long do you guys think it takes to carb up. There are guys out there that say it takes the body only a limited time to carb up and use like a shitload approach. Then there are those that think it takes longer and use a more tradional 3-4 day carb up. Then there are those that dont carb up at all. What are your thoughts.:confused:

Anyone.

This is a tough one to answer for me personally as the three shows I have done I have done my carb up differently for each one.

For me it has depended on how lean I am beggining my carb and what I should do to try and fill out properly, its tough as I feel like my the last two days or so my body changes every 15 minutes where I feel water, then dry, then full, then full and dry and then flat, then back to looking like I am holding water and then not......I guess to answer your question for my last carb up I started slowly reintroducing more carbs into my diet monday before my show on sat and I had one shitload meal the night before my show around 9-10pm and woke up early sat morning and started to eat my regular carb up meals ( I try to have three before I step on stage for prejudging).....and eat a snickers bar, drink some gatorade, liquid Nitrox from sci-fit, and some glycerol about 30 minsutes before I step on stage and then I am ready to rock.....

I put up my Shitloading thread 2 months ago and felt it worked the best for me. It was tweaked for my body of course so you have to go by your instincts not number crunching etc... I really think its way more of a sodium and water issue to staying full and dry than "carb load." I feel water is always cut much to early and food still keeps getting shoveled in without h20 it sometimes justs sits in the gut and doesnt do a damn thing but distend you. Carb loading is overated and keeping water in VERY late is crucial I believe.

Thanks for the info. I know its a tough one and appeachate your input. I have a show in March and I am tying to cover everything as early as possible. Thanks for the Thread on shitloading FF, I remember it and enjoyed it. I was thinking of using that approach for my competition. But I am just a bit confused:confused: on how long the body takes to carb up. I would hate to diet for 16 weeks, leave shitloading to the night before and end up not full enough. In regards to the time it takes to card up I think everybody is different. So I wanted to know what everybody else is doing.

truth is it is different for everyone, I have read all the b.s. on how all of our bodys are made the same way and that we should all do the same thing to carb up, I agree that it is mostly a sodium and water issue, you can eat all the yams and rice cakes you want ant still lood flat and soft introduce some mild fats and a decent amount of sodium and wala! drie tight and full. I think the sodium helps to pull more water into the muscle. and as stated earlier most people do cut water way to early, the muscle are primarly water 70%, so you dont want to take too much out just a little bit. Another thing that helps to make sure that I am fully carbed up is to quit training 5 days prior to show ( legs 10 days at least) pose a little each day but nothing too crazy, the muscle will be able to hold more when it is fully recovered, I dont really think diretics are necessary, some over the counter stuff or maybe 1 diazyde should do the trick the night before just fine.

I believe I took an analogy from magnum or some other knowledgeable person that said they like to think of the body like a blank canvas, and remove everything from it clean. Meaning carb depleted, water depleted sodium etc....and than PUT BACK IN the necessary nutrients to make the perfect picture..........I kinda added on that last part, but you get the drift. I followed the way of thinking and I believe it made sense and worked well for me. By Friday for a Saturday show, you should be on high water intake, lowered sodium and no carbs. When you cut water LATE NIGHT, than dehydrate, you can than, once drying out begin to carb up clean, chill out so destention isnt too bad, than try and get 1-2 small sodium and fat filled meals in before the PJ'ing assuming you are flushed and dry at that point. I think there is so much less time for any homeostasis to even take effect opposed to traditional carb load etc.... this way is I feel sooooo sooo much safer given you did your homework and lost the bodyfat. Hell, before I did the standard 2-3 day carb load, while carb depleting and upping water and sodium I looked BETTER than when I added carbs and dropped water. I was FULL as SHIT from the heavy water and heavy salt and dry without the carbs. Go figure.

Big Bapper said:
Thanks for the info. I know its a tough one and appeachate your input. I have a show in March and I am tying to cover everything as early as possible. Thanks for the Thread on shitloading FF, I remember it and enjoyed it. I was thinking of using that approach for my competition. But I am just a bit confused:confused: on how long the body takes to carb up. I would hate to diet for 16 weeks, leave shitloading to the night before and end up not full enough. In regards to the time it takes to card up I think everybody is different. So I wanted to know what everybody else is doing.

do an trial and error carb up prior to your show so that you kinda got a feel for what will work for you and whát not . trial and error is the key and better than just going by guessings or following what worked for others . also , many things make lots and lots of sense on paper but won't work when trying to apply to your body . i think magnum even wrote a thread about "drying out for a show ...my way " . it is a good thread and got a lot of knowledgeable guys talking around . and , it doesn't really take long to get carbed up .

wake

I did a trial of sh-t loading 3 weeks before my first contest. It worked pretty good at the beginning but I started to spill in my glute/hamstrings later. The weird part was from the front I looked better and better, but worse from the back. I guess you just have to see what works best for you. :)

I don't think shitloading is as difficult as everyone sometimes makes it out to be as long as you are dialed in BF% wise and you manipulate water properly. I mean you jsut et abunch of junk food, how hard can that be :D

Regarding the question at hand: I do not think it takes very long to completely fill out and the reason I say this is because, there have been times where I have been completely depleted (well, not completely, but pretty damn flat) and then I will have ONE meal with higher carbs and my physique will change DRASTICALLY within a matter of 30 minutes....if even that long. Think about how many times you have eaten ONE meal and then minutes later you are full and vascular as hell.....it has happened to me many times. Do that a couple more times and you should be pretty close to being filled out. Although this is jsut my opinion, nothing more. I am far less experienced than many of the members here.

Thanks guys. I pretty much have it in my head what I want to do now. I will do a half carb up/half shit load. A little like what bulldog said but not carb up for as long. This is what I done the last time and it worked pretty well. I will start carbing up after my last workout on Tuesday for saturday show. I will use fast acting carbs to start, then change to lower acting(sweet potato). I will eat the bulk of my carbs the first day, then lower my total daily carbs gradually over the next over the next 3 days. Cut my water 6pm Friday 1 hour after taking my first diertic. Than shit load 12pm Friday night with high fat, high sodium meal. Check condition Saturday morning and play it ear. Do you think using slin PWO on the tuesday would help.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131