over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs At Night: Fat Loss Killer Or Imaginary Boogeyman? By Dr. Layne Norton

I always have my biggest carbs meals at night and I train in the morning. It has never made a difference on me, even when I was natural.

I am an endomorph who gets fat by just LOOKING at Ice cream....dont even have to eat it....

With that being said...

If I go carbless all day long, and I have carbs STRICTLY postworkout....The next morning I wake up looking leaner.

So no....Carb's at night DO NOT hinder fat loss.

I can't really comment on the fat loss aspect, as I train in the evening, thus my carbs in that meal might not be hindering fat loss cause they are being used to restore what was lost in training. BUT I can say that PERSONALLY, the better sleeping idea from carbs before bed is horribly untrue for myself. I might feel warm and fuzzy before going to bed, but I don't sleep as deeply and actually have a hard time falling asleep if I eat carbs within 60-90 mins of bedtime I find...unless it has happened to be a complete coincidence. I personally try to eat my last meal a few hours before bed because it has carbs (on training days), and if I eat it to close to bedtime my sleep suffers.

On my off days, I down a whey-iso only shake and sleep much better, even though I'm hungry.

I am an endomorph who gets fat by just LOOKING at Ice cream....dont even have to eat it....

With that being said...

If I go carbless all day long, and I have carbs STRICTLY postworkout....The next morning I wake up looking leaner.

So no....Carb's at night DO NOT hinder fat loss.

that entire article can be summed up by your last sentence!

I react the same way, my body wants to be skinny or fat or a combination of the two.

now I eat the majority of my carbs at night which is post wo, timing is far more important then generalizations.

that entire article can be summed up by your last sentence!

I react the same way, my body wants to be skinny or fat or a combination of the two.

now I eat the majority of my carbs at night which is post wo, timing is far more important then generalizations.

The "experiment" to verify is SO simple. A fucking caveman can do it.

Go ahead and go all day long without a single meal. Right before your workout, have a protein shake to prevent hypoglycemia.

When you get home, eat 400 grams of sweet potato. Yes, 1600 calories worth of carbohydrate.

You tell me how you look the next morning.

I've just never cared for the guy personaly. He's an attention seeker and over-complicates things to make it seem that anyone who isn't a doctor should listen to him because of course him being a doctor makes him smarter than anyone who isn't.

His theory doesn't take into account varying metabolisms and individual genetic makeup. I am an endomorph and trust me carbs before bed time will absolutely pile the fat on me, been there done that. Also his theory to uis almost completely invalid to most guys on this forum because we are all juiced up pretty good. A gram of tren a week and 10 iu of Eli's and of course you can slam carbs before bed and stay lean, but take the hormones out of the picture and all that goes out the window. At least for me it does.:)

You realize the theory of body types was completly disfuded as far back as the 50's. Unfortunately what many people choose to ignore is the fact that if you are consuming a set number of macro nutrients per day it makes very little difference on how those meals are timed etc. If you are accurately weighing your food and you know what your macros are it will make no damn difference when and how you consume your carbs, protein or fats. It comes down to calories in calories out. If you are in a caloric deficit you will lose weight and if your in a surplus you will gain. Simple as that and when you figure out your body you will get acustomed to what ratio of pro carbs and fat works well for you

Off topic...Oh Layne...a decently smart guy who was once cool and is now an arrogant zealot. Biggest phony and hypocrite in the business. I used to be a huge fan, but he really rubs me the wrong way, especially when you take a close look at his behavior and what he says and how he says it.

dr layne norton..

I've just never cared for the guy personaly. He's an attention seeker and over-complicates things to make it seem that anyone who isn't a doctor should listen to him because of course him being a doctor makes him smarter than anyone who isn't.

His theory doesn't take into account varying metabolisms and individual genetic makeup. I am an endomorph and trust me carbs before bed time will absolutely pile the fat on me, been there done that.

>calls someone an idiot
>still uses somatypes to refer to his body type

You realize the theory of body types was completly disfuded as far back as the 50's. Unfortunately what many people choose to ignore is the fact that if you are consuming a set number of macro nutrients per day it makes very little difference on how those meals are timed etc. If you are accurately weighing your food and you know what your macros are it will make no damn difference when and how you consume your carbs, protein or fats. It comes down to calories in calories out. If you are in a caloric deficit you will lose weight and if your in a surplus you will gain. Simple as that and when you figure out your body you will get acustomed to what ratio of pro carbs and fat works well for you

Thats non-sense. It may even look good on paper but I have experimented with my body and I have found that carb timing is very important and that not all calories are created equal. And like said in my previous post we are all juiced to the gills on here and the hormones change the game a bit.

>calls someone an idiot
>still uses somatypes to refer to his body type

If you dont believe in differing body types amongst the human species you should take a leisurely stroll through the nearest ghetto and marvel at how an individual can eat nothing but McDonalds and drink nothing but 40 oz. bottles of malt liquor and stay shredded and muscular without ever having lifted a weight.

And quit riding that idiot's penis and do some experimenting with your own body so that you can have something worth while to contribute next time:)

The "experiment" to verify is SO simple. A fucking caveman can do it.

Go ahead and go all day long without a single meal. Right before your workout, have a protein shake to prevent hypoglycemia.

When you get home, eat 400 grams of sweet potato. Yes, 1600 calories worth of carbohydrate.

You tell me how you look the next morning.

I have no idea what you're saying here. 400grams of sweet potato would be a bit under 1lb. But 400g of CARBS from sweet potato would be 1600cals but would seemingly be impossible to consume.(1600cals would be 1900g-2000g of sweet potato which is over 4lbs)

Last edited:

this sums it up. im no "dr", BUT ive discussed this topic with a very respectable member here before and simply put...you can get big and ripped just fine eating whatever for your macros. this isnt the best way to do it, i believe you should obviously try and at least get some meat, egg whites or something like that in for your protein source. but if you have a bowl of cereal(with correct macros) for your carbs...you'll be just fine

Thats non-sense. It may even look good on paper but I have experimented with my body and I have found that carb timing is very important and that not all calories are created equal. And like said in my previous post we are all juiced to the gills on here and the hormones change the game a bit.

I have not began to use AAS yet I feel I have to figure out a lot of things concerning training and diet prior to so I'm unable to chime in on that but, I friendly challenge you to try figuring out your macros and making sure you stay within those numbers on a consistent basis and seeing how your progress differs. Shit id even offer to do your diet for free to show you there is no real reason to have your regimen look like this

Meal 1-6

Chicken broccoli sweet potatoe

Just by experimenting and figuring out how much you gain or lose on certain macro nutrient numbers and ratios I would have you as full and lean as you could be while eating pretty much what you like. When talking body composition were talking strictly quantity, the quality of your food intake has more to do with getting in your micro-nutrients for health reasons.

I have not began to use AAS yet I feel I have to figure out a lot of things concerning training and diet prior to so I'm unable to chime in on that but, I friendly challenge you to try figuring out your macros and making sure you stay within those numbers on a consistent basis and seeing how your progress differs. Shit id even offer to do your diet for free to show you there is no real reason to have your regimen look like this

Meal 1-6

Chicken broccoli sweet potatoe

Just by experimenting and figuring out how much you gain or lose on certain macro nutrient numbers and ratios I would have you as full and lean as you could be while eating pretty much what you like. When talking body composition were talking strictly quantity, the quality of your food intake has more to do with getting in your micro-nutrients for health reasons.

I may take you up on that in a few months when I run out of growth and am forced to be strict with my diet. Right now I eat just about anything my heart desires as long as I get my 400 grams of protein in because the growth allows me to stay fairly lean no matter what I eat.

Thank you kindly for the offer:)

I may take you up on that in a few months when I run out of growth and am forced to be strict with my diet. Right now I eat just about anything my heart desires as long as I get my 400 grams of protein in because the growth allows me to stay fairly lean no matter what I eat.

Thank you kindly for the offer:)

Glad we can get some good discussion on here and not throw attitude back and forth. Shoot me a pm

I have no idea what you're saying here. 400grams of sweet potato would be a bit under 1lb. But 400g of CARBS from sweet potato would be 1600cals but would seemingly be impossible to consume.(1600cals would be 1900g-2000g of sweet potato which is over 4lbs)

Wow bro you really are something arent ya...

You know what I meant....400 grams worth of carbohydrate, thats 1600 calories...

Youre such an elite internet warrior there Knight

Wow bro you really are something arent ya...

You know what I meant....400 grams worth of carbohydrate, thats 1600 calories...

Youre such an elite internet warrior there Knight

Excuse me? Im pointing something out where your post makes no sense and I have no idea what you are referring to.

400g worth of carbohydrate? So under 1lb of sweet potato?

Because 400g of CARBS would be 1600cals and thats over 4lbs of potatoes.
So again....I was not being rude and you are. Maybe you can explain WTF you are talking about since you are obviously confusing grams of carbs vs grams of weighed food and you are not being clear. Check yourself.

The nutrient list I have says 1 medium sweet potatoe is 20 grams carbs. My god 400 carbs is 20 sweet potatoes!:eek: That probably would be a bit much to consume at one time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws