over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio/Heart Rate

jrs

Registered
Cardio has always been hell for me. I thought I had asthma. Turns out when I monitor my heart rate on any equipment, it gets up to 180 beats per minute or higher on a moderate speed after about only 30 seconds.

I can keep it up there for 10-15 minutes, sweating like a pig.

Last time I checked my BP it was normal. I'm checking it again later today. Does this happen to anybody else? Most people say they have to really push to get past 140bpm or so...

I have to really push to get mine even close to 140 and I'm 45 years old. You might want to check with your doctor just to be on the safe side.

Another couple of things:

What are you using to measure with? The "handlebar" measurements can vary greatly on equipment. Need to use your own device.

If you set the treadmill to a brisk walking speed, say 4.0, after three minutes what does that measure? I would be concerned if this put you over 130 or so.

How quickly does the measurment drop if you back off the intensity?

Personally I don't get out of the 140 range, and I mostly stay in the mid 120's, but then again, I have a heart problem I'm trying not to push.

Are you taking any kind of energy drink or supplements before your workout? My girlfriend is in great shape and plays college volleyball, but she started drinking those "5-hour energy shots" and her heart rate would get up to almost 200 every time she did cardio after drinking one. It took her a couple of weeks to figure it out, but once she did she stopped drinking them and her heart rate has returned to normal.

I can second this. My heart rate flies up if i do cardio after taking fat burning supplements containing stimulants.

Are you taking any kind of energy drink or supplements before your workout? My girlfriend is in great shape and plays college volleyball, but she started drinking those "5-hour energy shots" and her heart rate would get up to almost 200 every time she did cardio after drinking one. It took her a couple of weeks to figure it out, but once she did she stopped drinking them and her heart rate has returned to normal.

How old are you?

21. This has happened since I was a child. I just always figured I had asthma since it runs in my family.

How big are you? Percentage of body fat?

I'm 5'9 and 235 lbs. BF% is roughly 12-14%. Not LEAN but I can see my abs in the morning and I have pretty good definition during a workout.

What are your trying to accomplish?

I'm training for a strongman competition. I've been strength training for quite some time. Since 11 years old to be exact.

What is your fitness level?

Quite high. I can handle a lot of activity. I was a 3-sport athlete through high school. My workouts are pretty intense, often involving a heavy circuit with free weight and bodyweight movements. Either that or cardio every day..

Prior physical activities?

Like I said, 3-sport athlete in high school. Trained in boxing off and on as well as dabbling in MMA before sticking to just working out at the moment.

Any physical impairments?

Cardio is tough and I sweat like a pig (even sleeping or resting at home) but that's about it.

Existing medical abnormalities?

A heart murmur (arrhythmia?) that my doctors through childhood said was never a big deal. I get chest pains and flutters that most in my family also get but as I said, every time I went to the doctor, they always said it wasn't a big deal.

No preworkout stims of any kind. Usually not even caffeine.

If your doc said not to worry, then you should be ok. What contest are you training for?

Resting heart rate varies so much I can't give an average number.

No supplements of any kind. Just clean food. Maybe a little high in sodium/salt.

Last edited:
If your doc said not to worry, then you should be ok. What contest are you training for?

Was looking at the IL series but hoping one pops up sooner. I live in the midwest so I'm trying to find one locally.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws