over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Considering getting a trainer such as Hany Rambod or someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also been doing my reseach on Alex....I been seeing/reading some good things. I was interested in not hiring them for contest prep..but more for an off season....trying to pack on as much lean muscle as possible while staying as lean as possible. Now I have my own way of doing this and it works...but maybe someone has a better way for me ...I would like to just learn from these guys who do it for a living....kinda getting board with how I train and diet and think a good trainer can get me doing new things that will spark my fire again...so to speak.

So ok...we all know Alex and Shelby are great for pre contest....but who has some suggestion for purely off season....adding lean muscle mass!!!

And ofcourse cost makes a huge difference too...I dont want to have to starting working tons of over time or get a 2nd job just to put on a few lbs of muscle LOL

I would NOT suggest using Shelby, and I am honestly surprised that Brad is using him..

Shelby's diet is DAVE PALUMBO'S diet; a variation of KETO with a few slight modifications. It's a very low carb diet and in my opinion, will get you shredded but at the cost of LOSING MUSCLE and looking FLAT.

Phil, George, and Hany are all superior choices, in my opinion. Just keepin it real. :cool:

This is the dumbest statement on Promuscle of 2012 - congratulations. I am a little emotional about this because I know what Shelby actually does, and am not guessing based on things he has done with others....he DOES NOT have a cookie cutter approach, it depends on your metabolism and how you respond. I had 2 high carb days on weekends, an extremely high carb afternoon mid week, and a huge cheat meal. That doesn't sound keto to me. Get your facts straight Ross before you attack people on here.

SHELBY's track record speaks for itself, you have no track record other than cutting and pasting from the internet to look smart...that's keeping it real.

JM

Last edited:
Has BigNShredded ever stepped on stage?

No..he has made it pretty clear in this thread. But just because someone has never competed doesnt mean they dont know what it takes to add lean muscle and get ripped to shreds!! Not saying that you said that tho.

Did the great Michelangelo PAINT or SCUPLT for COMPETITION? Was Michelangelo motivated by some trophy? No, he was motivated by his ARTISTIC VISION..

I AM the guy who TRAINS HARDER, EATS BETTER, AND IS MORE OBSESSED WITH HIS BODYBUILDING VISION than any bodybuilder I've ever known--despite the fact that I have NEVER stepped on a bodybuilding stage to compete. BODYBUILDING IS MY LIFE! It occupies almost every waking THOUGHT AND EMOTION! I COMPETE WITH MYSELF! I don't need a trophy to motivate me, I AM MOTIVATED BY MY ARTISTIC VISION! Did Micelangelo PAINT OR SCULPT FOR COMPETITION? NO! HE was motivated purely by his artistic vision, and his DESIRE FOR IT TO MANIFEST.

Bodybuilding is SO MUCH MORE THAN A SPORT! I am so passionate about this and it angers me that people believe you can't be a bodybuilder unless you step on stage. Bodybuilding is AN ARTFORM, a LFESTYLE. Many times ago, there WERE NO BODYBUILDING COMPETITIONS, and it was done JUST FOR THE ART OF IT!

I am in love with bodybuilding. I am very PROUD OF MY PHYSIQUE and what I have accomplished. ABOVE ALL ELSE--I AM VERY KNOWLEDGABLE! I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I am also a very intelligent guy; my actual IQ is VERY HIGH GENUIS, putting me in the 99.7th percentile. I can post proof if you'd like, because that is my only suitable CREDENTIAL to someone like you. Your post angered me, sorry if this came across rude.

Two universal truths: Ross looks good and Ross "knows his shit" :D

Wow thats truly inspirational now POST A PIC OF YOUR LEGS SO I CAN SEE THE ARTISTIC EMBODIMENT

So that I may bow before you genius... :rolleyes:

Go with John Meadows for your off season plans.

I love watching Johns youtube...I swear that guy can come up with a way to work on Biceps using the leg press LOL

I wish I had a much better gym to train at so I could use alot more of what he does in his training. I am starting to buy all the rubber bands now so I can take advantage of how he uses them. Would love to have this guy teach me the tricks of the trade.....now sure I could afford it tho.....but I am sure its worth every penny!!

No..he has made it pretty clear in this thread. But just because someone has never competed doesnt mean they dont know what it takes to add lean muscle and get ripped to shreds!! Not saying that you said that tho.

ah! i didnt pick up on that. i am just amused that he can cut on Shelby when his track record is........

I AM the guy who TRAINS HARDER, EATS BETTER, AND IS MORE OBSESSED WITH HIS BODYBUILDING VISION than any bodybuilder I've ever known

You need to come train legs with John Meadows and myself some time... when you're not too busy looking in the mirror.

Has BigNShredded ever stepped on stage?

Well ya don't have to step on stage to be big and shredded but you do have to have some damn good knowledge to be in that kind of condition. -Haney Rambod has produced the last 2 Mr.O so obviously he is the best thing going right now but not everyone can afford the price tag that comes with the terrritory. But I even thought of hiring someone for my contest prep next go round prob grab a board sponsor and if I like what he has to offer might stay that route.

Last edited:
I had to convince Shelby to PULL the carbs from my diet, simply because my body doesn't respond to them well during prep.

Shelby put my ex girlfriend on a diet... It was actually a low fat, moderate carb diet. (She didn't have the discipline to finish).

I'm just baffled as to how you would even assume this about Shelby. I know a lot of guys who've used him, all successful, none had the same plan.

Do you just find joy in trolling? If there was no internet, would you be the guy at the bar or the local mom and pop shop hanging out and picking at people for no reason?

I never attacked Shelby, I criticized the KETO DIET, which he uses in some form. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT. Let's not twist what I said and turn this in to some ego conflict, I simply said that George and others were better--IN MY OPINION.

I know for a fact that George and Shelby do not have the same exact approach..

You need to come train legs with John Meadows and myself some time... when you're not too busy looking in the mirror.

No way would he make it through the warm ups...gauranteed....also gaurantee he would be laying in a corner in a fetal position crying for mercy..

JM

Guys, the LEGS JOKES are old, I have admitted repeatedly that they were a flaw. Every bodybuilder has a flaw--my happens to be my legs. Hey, better legs than CHEST! :)

The photoshoot was postponed BY ME because I wasn't ready. Mark my words, I will have FULL BODY PICS up soon, just so the LEGS comments can cease.

I never attacked Shelby, I criticized the KETO DIET, which he uses in some form. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT. Let's not twist what I said and turn this in to some ego conflict, I simply said that George and others were better--IN MY OPINION.

this has nothing to do with ego...it has everything to do with you misrepresenting someone, and other people calling you out for spewing complete and total nonsense..no ego at all...just keeping it real as you say..

JM

Theres No twisting... go back and read your posts what you said amounts to:

Shelbys method sucks

I am awesome

lol:banghead:

No way would he make it through the warm ups...gauranteed....also gaurantee he would be laying in a corner in a fetal position crying for mercy..

JM

OK, now why are you INSULTING ME? This is a personal insult, and not very cool.

I think I would be able to hang, maybe one day we can see.

Aren't you guys BUSINESS associates? Is this why I am being attacked PERSONALLY? All I did was state my honest opinion, the lack of respect being demonstrated in this thread is not cool and is NOT what ProfessionalMuscle is about.

Again, all I did was state my honest opinion about THREE DIFFERENT coaches, nothing at all wrong with that..

Last edited:
OK, now why are you INSULTING ME? This is a personal insult, and not very cool.

I think I would be able to hang, maybe one day we can see.

You have an open invite, and I will pay half of your flight or gas money....as long as you agree that we can film it and show the crowd here...I'll send money to a moderator to hold and then when you finish the workout, they can send to you..and that is a PROMISE...you just have to make it to the end..don't even have to 70% of the weight we use....

JM

Aren't you guys BUSINESS associates? Is this why I am being attacked PERSONALLY? All I did was state my honest opinion, the lack of respect being demonstrated in this thread is not cool and is NOT what ProfessionalMuscle is about.

Again, all I sis was state my honest opinion about THREE DIFFERENT coaches, nothing at all wrong with that..

and by the way, I AGREE that Phil, hany, and George are great coaches...I am just refuting your blanket characterization of Shelby that's all....

Wouldn't you get pissed if someone stated your philosphy but it wasn't even close?

I just would want someone I work with to have either a) track record b) competed before so they know what its like etc. I respect Shelby and have used him and have done Keto and his diet is no where near keto. Just misrepensentation of Shelbys practices which pisses me off.

I would NOT suggest using Shelby, and I am honestly surprised that Brad is using him..

Shelby's diet is DAVE PALUMBO'S diet; a variation of KETO with a few slight modifications. It's a very low carb diet and in my opinion, will get you shredded but at the cost of LOSING MUSCLE and looking FLAT.

Phil, George, and Hany are all superior choices, in my opinion. Just keepin it real. :cool:

I have yet to see one of Shelbys guys not come in condition and at the end of the day condition wins shows. Even shredded and flat wins shows 100 times over trying to come in ultra full and spilling over. I go with what works and who fits the application best. I run guys to skip, homonuncleus, Meadows and shelby. In fact I just contacted Shelby to take one of my guys into the USA..... there has been alot of consistency of results with these four guys above that cannot be denied.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311